http://gamingtrend.com
August 28, 2014, 11:56:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PC/PS3] Final Fantasy XIV (Characters/Servers in first post)  (Read 40493 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #680 on: August 27, 2013, 08:22:55 AM »

pretty decent beginners guide
http://www.covenantofthephoenix.com/forums/tutorials/article/141-ffxiv-beginners-guide/

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #681 on: August 27, 2013, 08:26:06 AM »

sweet, gonna have to check that out.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #682 on: August 27, 2013, 08:45:27 AM »

c'mon postie its 9:45am the day is nearly over,where the f*** is my CE???

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #683 on: August 27, 2013, 12:02:29 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on August 27, 2013, 03:46:07 AM

This one's for Rittch - I call it "Commander-in-Brief(s)."

icon_lol

This week is my company's fiscal year end, which translates to "busiest week of the year".  Add in the fact that the Wonder Twins seem hell-bent on screaming at the top of their lungs from 6pm until at least midnight every night and Utah's season opener on Thursday, and it means I probably won't have the chance to get on until probably Sunday afternoon, at the earliest.  frown

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #684 on: August 27, 2013, 12:54:02 PM »

okay just got my Collectors Edition,its from the lady Postie who I have seen driving the Royal Mail van around,i would usually(Try) to flirt with her...but nope,that package was out of her hands and the door slammed into her face and i was racing upstairs before she could even turn me down

pulled out the 'soundtrack' and was disappointed by there being only 6 songs which i had already known(and probably complained about it in a past page of this thread)

However the first song is called Wailers and Waterwheels and is on for 11 minutes....and its the song i wanted(Gridania Day Theme)

so as that is the song i wanted,i am quite happy

ripped the CD to my PC as well,so won't touch the actual CD again icon_biggrin

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #685 on: August 27, 2013, 05:37:56 PM »

And now the world is "full"? This is getting worse and worse. I can't even wait in line anymore? And its not even main time in the US?

nice....

A new one
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #686 on: August 27, 2013, 05:46:46 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on August 27, 2013, 05:37:56 PM

And now the world is "full"? This is getting worse and worse. I can't even wait in line anymore? And its not even main time in the US?

nice....

guess holding off for a price drop and server issues are worked out is looking better and better for me

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #687 on: August 27, 2013, 05:56:28 PM »

Well, like a moron I managed to register my CE key (and my wife's CE key) to a new service account instead of the existing EA account.  So now we're both in the queue to have the two accounts merged which will hopefully happen before the 3 remaining EA days run out.  The only thing that makes me feel better is the thousands of other people who also did the same thing smile

It's going to be rough tonight.  First prime time evening on release day when almost every server is already full and locked to new characters...bloodbath time.  Even now at 2pm EST I'm getting world is full 1017 error which means even the queue is full.  I checked new character creation and it looks like only Lamia and Siren are still open for the NA servers.

Papers will be written on how badly Square fucked up when the dust settles from all of this.  From the blatant Japanese server focus, horrible and infrequent "communication", the servers they locked to new characters and existing characters because they can't fix the congestion issues and the horrific web site designs they managed to do the exact wrong thing every single time.  The game is fantastic but it's time for them to grow up, realize they're an international company with a 24/7/365 user base and drop the Japanese "oh, that's just the way it works" bullshit.  This game won't reach 10% of it's potential if they don't...I just wish that they gave the appearance of even caring.

Now, I'm going back to spamming zero so I can get on and play before the meltdown later tonight.

EDIT: just to add a little insult to injury ...  my wife's security fob that I just bought about a week ago has died.  So now I can't login her account to remove the fob, login to the game or even update the support ticket for the service account merge.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 06:24:28 PM by ericb » Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #688 on: August 27, 2013, 06:39:20 PM »

nice....

ouch.  well, it is launch day.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #689 on: August 27, 2013, 06:40:51 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on August 27, 2013, 05:46:46 PM

nice....

guess holding off for a price drop and server issues are worked out is looking better and better for me

yeah, I probably would have waited, but $10 in Amazon credit will help ease the pain.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #690 on: August 27, 2013, 06:59:34 PM »

Funny that the game manual nor the actual game itself says nothing about Subscription or where you need to go

Its here BTW
https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/Login?cont=account&request=mogstation

took me ages to get the other two symbols to appear underneath where it says also 'add platform',seems i had to register the game online(either from the registration card leaflet or the PSN code,not sure) and then start the game up again on PS3,click a few agreements select CE to go to my account,and then come back to that mogstation site and select subscription services that appears once i have done all that

thankfully i have my 33 days free now,and i know how to select the next 30 days to buy,but will leave that for now

but had absolutely no idea,just blind luck stumbling..thanks Square!!

not gonna bother with that security fob,sounds way too much bother everytime i have to log on

been on for a few hours,and enter the gilfarmers,a few of them just spamming the chatbox with their 'cheapgil' websites..so did a bit of blocking and reporting icon_biggrin

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #691 on: August 27, 2013, 07:00:31 PM »

woohoo! gilfarmers!

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #692 on: August 27, 2013, 10:03:18 PM »

wish they had a way to filter items when you are buying from merchants.  it'd be nice to not have to double check each one to see if I can currently use it.  I also wish the mini-map was a bit more informative, like listing sub-regions in a larger area or even having a tooltip pop up when you are looking at the icons on it.  half the time I cannot remember which Aerthernet stone I want to go to.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #693 on: August 27, 2013, 10:15:21 PM »

Slutty-wear unlocked!

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #694 on: August 28, 2013, 12:19:28 AM »

so, are the queues only 50 people big?   every time I get into one after a bunch of the 'world is full, try again later' errors I'm always 49th in the line.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #695 on: August 28, 2013, 01:38:03 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 27, 2013, 10:03:18 PM

I also wish the mini-map was a bit more informative, like listing sub-regions in a larger area

huh, seems like the East Shroud has these, but I don't have any popping up for Central or South.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #696 on: August 28, 2013, 02:53:44 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 28, 2013, 01:38:03 AM

Quote from: CeeKay on August 27, 2013, 10:03:18 PM

I also wish the mini-map was a bit more informative, like listing sub-regions in a larger area

huh, seems like the East Shroud has these, but I don't have any popping up for Central or South.

d'oh!  if you zoom out too far they don't show up.  I've been keeping my zoom out quite a bit for the map, just happened to accidentally zoom in on the one for East Shroud.  still, pop-up tooltips for the map when you're zoomed out more would be nice.

Because I can,
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #697 on: August 28, 2013, 03:24:18 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 28, 2013, 12:19:28 AM

so, are the queues only 50 people big?   every time I get into one after a bunch of the 'world is full, try again later' errors I'm always 49th in the line.

I'm pretty sure the servers can only hold 100 people total, 50 in game and 50 in the queue.  And they will all be wherever you are trying to play.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #698 on: August 28, 2013, 03:33:06 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 28, 2013, 12:19:28 AM

I got the "world full" message a few times, but queued up after the fifth or sixth try as #56.  Only took 2-3 minutes to get in and it seemed to run perfectly fine once I got in.

Funny that the game manual nor the actual game itself says nothing about Subscription or where you need to go

Its here BTW
https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/Login?cont=account&request=mogstation

Thanks for this link MO.  It was super quick and easy to get my subscription set up, but it would have taken me forever to find that link if you hadn't posted it.   thumbsup

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #699 on: August 28, 2013, 03:46:11 AM »

found nice hunting grounds for my level 15, with level 20 boars and bats.  the bats won't aggro, and as long as I play it smart with the boars I won't pull more than one and won't even have to pop a potion.  the way they telegraph the special attacks makes it easy to take down big creatures like that, plus the fact that archers can shoot while moving means I can easily back-up or circle strafe to avoid those.

Because I can,
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #700 on: August 28, 2013, 04:19:38 AM »

A questline NPC was talking about how folks don't simply move to a particular town because "This isn't exactly Costa del Sol, you know".   icon_lol

Is there an in-game timer to see how long you've played?

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #701 on: August 28, 2013, 04:26:10 AM »

All Worlds Emergency Maintenance (Aug.28)
At the following time, we will be performing maintenance on FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will be unavailable.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

[Date & Time]
Aug. 28, 2013 from 12:00 a.m. to 3:00 a.m. (PDT)
* The completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Service]
FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn

so starting in just over 2 and a half hours.

Because I can,
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #702 on: August 28, 2013, 08:08:45 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on August 27, 2013, 06:59:34 PM

Its here BTW

took me ages to get the other two symbols to appear underneath where it says also 'add platform',seems i had to register the game online(either from the registration card leaflet or the PSN code,not sure) and then start the game up again on PS3,click a few agreements select CE to go to my account,and then come back to that mogstation site and select subscription services that appears once i have done all that

thankfully i have my 33 days free now,and i know how to select the next 30 days to buy,but will leave that for now

but had absolutely no idea,just blind luck stumbling..thanks Square!!

not gonna bother with that security fob,sounds way too much bother everytime i have to log on

been on for a few hours,and enter the gilfarmers,a few of them just spamming the chatbox with their 'cheapgil' websites..so did a bit of blocking and reporting icon_biggrin

Thanks MO for the link! The link that Square sent with the codes didn't work, so this is pretty nice.

I got to lvl 15 last night on my gladiator, still no friend requests from here, though. I guess you guys dont LIKE FREEDOM OR PUPPIES, EH?!

I tried out mining briefly which was exceedingly boring. its...not the greatest system, where you are suddenly a lvl 1 miner when you whip out the pickaxe. I guess it just takes some getting used.
I would have liked, since I'm the same person, to be able to use prospecting even when in gladiator form and just mine as I go.

The game is interesting to me, because its such a huge divergence from the games I normally play. The music, the characters, the combat, the narrative style - All is so unlike what I usually play, that its a breath of fresh air. Of course,. I don't like every part of it. Some of the music is mindnumblingly boring, some combat animations are silly and over the top, and the character animations are sometimes a bit silly as well, but all in all, I'm enjoying this very much.

A new one
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #703 on: August 28, 2013, 09:15:43 AM »

hmm,thanks for the maintenance notice CK,i think we are 8hrs in front of Pacific time,so i should be okay when i want to play later on

I was in a queue and at 24th yesterday,but i have noticed that when i don't do anything,as in don't press cancel and try again..it takes all of 30 seconds and then it starts loading me in

when in a queue,i never had needed to wait long,its when the error messages come up that is the real bitch for me

I watched the Blu-Ray last night that came with the CE,the actual footage was about 20 minutes long and i think they use Final Fantasy 14 1.0 footage..the rest of the BR was text to flick through the years..couldn't be arsed with that

Just saw this on Kotaku
Square Enix Halting Sales

Due to the overwhelmingly positive response to FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn, we are currently experiencing extremely long wait times for users to be able to log in and play. As a temporary measure, we will halt sales of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A REALM REBORN’s digital download products so we can accommodate all of those wishing to play. We are working to expand our server capacity in the coming days

Raz,i tried Mining in Phase 3,you are right,.....it is incredibly boring,i think i got to level 5 before packing it in

I know jobs in MMOs usually are boring I mean Myto was the real trooper in FF11(i think she liked it..the weirdo),but damn Mining in FF14 turned it up to 11..i tried out fishing and being a cook(whatever),and i was fine with that,sure it can still be a grind as its meant to be,but nowhere near as bad as mining...maybe they have changed something about it in the release version,but by the sound of you Raz,its the exact same

I have noticed a lot of changes since the beta(can't really say for Phase 4 because i could hardly get in),the main two is that the game is easier(remember that quest in that tunnel Gratch?a lot easier now)..some bosses are easier.

I also find the map easier now,it shows you where quests are if they are out of the zone...last time it was a nightmare

Makes me wonder about the fist 3 dungeons,i got through them okay(i think the second one was a pain),wondering if they are easier as well as i have not done any dungeons/duty finder stuff yet

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #704 on: August 28, 2013, 11:18:53 AM »

Quote from: Razgon on August 28, 2013, 08:08:45 AM

I got to lvl 15 last night on my gladiator, still no friend requests from here, though. I guess you guys dont LIKE FREEDOM OR PUPPIES, EH?!

haven't seen any either, but I keep forgetting to add people.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #705 on: August 28, 2013, 11:30:21 AM »

well i have a pretty good excuse,LOL ..I mean Unfortunately Raz,you are not on my server icon_biggrin

Got me a pig!

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #706 on: August 28, 2013, 11:30:51 AM »

Me and Pig,resting at Lindsey Lohan town,Pig wouldn't come near the edge though

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #707 on: August 28, 2013, 12:37:27 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on August 28, 2013, 08:08:45 AM

Since the game limits friend invites only those who are currently online, I haven't had much luck in the 30 minutes I've played so far.  I did manage to catch Faide and YK though.  smile

Some of the music is mindnumblingly boring...

To each their own, but I think Uematsu's soundtrack is absolutely wonderful.  He completely outdid himself on this one.

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #708 on: August 28, 2013, 12:43:42 PM »

Oh I realize the music is probably just me - I'm as much a product of my culture as anyone, and this is very new to me :-) I do recognize that the craftsmanship behind the music is solid.

A new one
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #709 on: August 28, 2013, 01:01:51 PM »

There is a character in this game called Raubahn,and i really believe he has the same voice as Vulcan Raven in Metal Gear Solid,one of his lines is even "SNNNAAAAAAAAAAKKKKEE" in one of the FF14 cutscenes

but looking up Vulcan Ravens voice actor Peter Lurie on IMDb,FF14 is not listed in his games(Last of Us and Saints Row IV are there though)

I mean,the characters even look a little similar,well if Raubahn was bald with tattoos Tongue

edit: seems i was imagining things,Raubahn is voiced by Jason Miller,who has done voices for Batman,Guild Wars 2 and Diablo III
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1390709/?ref_=tt_cl_t5
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 01:03:34 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #710 on: August 28, 2013, 01:14:48 PM »

Full Press Release

https://www.facebook.com/FinalFantasyXIV?hc_location=stream

Announcing Server Enhancements and the Temporary Suspension of Digital Download Sales

We would like to thank you for your continued support of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

Since the start of early access on Saturday, August 24th, an enormous amount of users have been logging in to the game. As such, the number of users logging in has been increasing at a rate that is much higher than what we had originally anticipated. To ensure that we maintain a quality level of service for everyone, we have been setting restrictions on both the creation of characters as well as adjusting the number of users that are able to log in. We are well aware that these restrictions are a source of frustration for our users who are waiting to play.

To address this matter, we are currently working on introducing new Worlds and enhancing the performance of the login and match making processes on both the Japanese and North American & European data centers. This operation is expected to be completed at the beginning of next week.

Until this operation is complete, we would like to prioritize the quality of service for those who have already purchased the game. Therefore, we are temporarily suspending the sale of the digital download versions of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn. Once the operation has been completed, the sale of the digital download version will resume.

While the operation is in progress, we will continue to apply restrictions on both the creation of characters and the ability to log into the game. Throughout this time, we will be offering constant updates on the progress of the operation.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this causes our users and humbly request your understanding.

YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #711 on: August 28, 2013, 03:26:26 PM »

Man, there's a stretch around 14-15 where you have nothing but storyline quests and sitting through all those cutscenes is brutal. I like Final Fantasy and story as much as the next guy but by the end of that stretch I was like I DIDN'T ATTEMPT TO LOG IN REPEATEDLY FOR HALF AN HOUR SO THAT I COULD WATCH MOVIES!

Am I correct in that there's a barber in the game that will allow you to change appearance? The more I look at my guy, the more he looks like a juggalo without the clown makeup. I'm seriously almost ready to scrap a level 15 character and start over if I can't change him.

Also, what kind of gay fantasy are the developers living out through the quest reward armor selections? Here I am running around in my "Commander in Briefs" outfit half naked, and I get a quest in which I am FORCED to don dangly purple earrings. At that point I knew the developers had to be fucking with me.  icon_biggrin
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #712 on: August 28, 2013, 03:32:58 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on August 28, 2013, 11:30:21 AM

well i have a pretty good excuse,LOL ..I mean Unfortunately Raz,you are not on my server icon_biggrin

Got me a pig!

nice!  portable bacon!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 03:48:54 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #713 on: August 28, 2013, 03:33:16 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on August 28, 2013, 01:01:51 PM

There is a character in this game called Raubahn,and i really believe he has the same voice as Vulcan Raven in Metal Gear Solid,one of his lines is even "SNNNAAAAAAAAAAKKKKEE" in one of the FF14 cutscenes

but looking up Vulcan Ravens voice actor Peter Lurie on IMDb,FF14 is not listed in his games(Last of Us and Saints Row IV are there though)

I mean,the characters even look a little similar,well if Raubahn was bald with tattoos Tongue

edit: seems i was imagining things,Raubahn is voiced by Jason Miller,who has done voices for Batman,Guild Wars 2 and Diablo III
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1390709/?ref_=tt_cl_t5

Nice!

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #714 on: August 28, 2013, 03:33:28 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on August 28, 2013, 11:30:51 AM

Me and Pig,resting at Lindsey Lohan town,Pig wouldn't come near the edge though

Snowy!

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #715 on: August 28, 2013, 03:33:50 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on August 28, 2013, 01:14:48 PM

Full Press Release

https://www.facebook.com/FinalFantasyXIV?hc_location=stream

Announcing Server Enhancements and the Temporary Suspension of Digital Download Sales

We would like to thank you for your continued support of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

Since the start of early access on Saturday, August 24th, an enormous amount of users have been logging in to the game. As such, the number of users logging in has been increasing at a rate that is much higher than what we had originally anticipated. To ensure that we maintain a quality level of service for everyone, we have been setting restrictions on both the creation of characters as well as adjusting the number of users that are able to log in. We are well aware that these restrictions are a source of frustration for our users who are waiting to play.

To address this matter, we are currently working on introducing new Worlds and enhancing the performance of the login and match making processes on both the Japanese and North American & European data centers. This operation is expected to be completed at the beginning of next week.

Until this operation is complete, we would like to prioritize the quality of service for those who have already purchased the game. Therefore, we are temporarily suspending the sale of the digital download versions of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn. Once the operation has been completed, the sale of the digital download version will resume.

While the operation is in progress, we will continue to apply restrictions on both the creation of characters and the ability to log into the game. Throughout this time, we will be offering constant updates on the progress of the operation.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this causes our users and humbly request your understanding.
thumbsup

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #716 on: August 28, 2013, 03:39:22 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on August 28, 2013, 03:26:26 PM

Man, there's a stretch around 14-15 where you have nothing but storyline quests and sitting through all those cutscenes is brutal. I like Final Fantasy and story as much as the next guy but by the end of that stretch I was like I DIDN'T ATTEMPT TO LOG IN REPEATEDLY FOR HALF AN HOUR SO THAT I COULD WATCH MOVIES!

Am I correct in that there's a barber in the game that will allow you to change appearance? The more I look at my guy, the more he looks like a juggalo without the clown makeup. I'm seriously almost ready to scrap a level 15 character and start over if I can't change him.

Also, what kind of gay fantasy are the developers living out through the quest reward armor selections? Here I am running around in my "Commander in Briefs" outfit half naked, and I get a quest in which I am FORCED to don dangly purple earrings. At that point I knew the developers had to be fucking with me.  icon_biggrin

you could wear a robe over the briefs.  not long after I got my slutwear I found a really nice robe, and it covered the panties.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #717 on: August 28, 2013, 03:40:15 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on August 28, 2013, 12:43:42 PM

Oh I realize the music is probably just me - I'm as much a product of my culture as anyone, and this is very new to me :-) I do recognize that the craftsmanship behind the music is solid.

oh yeah, probably should pay attention to the music.  it just seems so low half the time I forget about it, and you don't have time to pay attention while kicking ass.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #718 on: August 28, 2013, 03:41:08 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on August 28, 2013, 12:37:27 PM

Since the game limits friend invites only those who are currently online, I haven't had much luck in the 30 minutes I've played so far.  I did manage to catch Faide and KY him though.

eek eek eek eek

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #719 on: August 28, 2013, 03:42:21 PM »

IGN's review in progress.

Because I can,
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: