http://gamingtrend.com
July 22, 2014, 05:40:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PC/PS3] Final Fantasy XIV (Characters/Servers in first post)  (Read 37926 times)
Razgon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #640 on: August 26, 2013, 10:14:21 AM »

So..eh...we can't play the game? And no new players at all? Thats...a surprising statement from someone we must assume wants more costumers?

A new one
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #641 on: August 26, 2013, 10:16:11 AM »

Quote from: Razgon on August 26, 2013, 10:14:21 AM

So..eh...we can't play the game? And no new players at all? Thats...a surprising statement from someone we must assume wants more costumers?

it sounds like they want people to start playing on worlds with low populations, not that they're closing the game off.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #642 on: August 26, 2013, 11:22:52 AM »

Aha - I read it as if ALL worlds are approaching maximum limit.

Anyways - I cannot recommend the guide MO linked enough. Its VERY good. I thought it was a standard quest hub game, but thats apparently only layer one, and one that one doesn't neccesarily have to follow. Very nice guide to how the game actually works.

A new one
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #643 on: August 26, 2013, 11:55:47 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on August 26, 2013, 10:09:06 AM

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/66679-EU-Character-Creation-Limitation-%28Aug.-25%29?p=1054897#post1054897

[EU] Character Creation Limitation (Aug. 25)
Hello, this is FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Producer and Director, Yoshida.

The maximum expected population limit is nearing for each World, and unless the current World simultaneous connection amount decreases, we are unable to open release the limitation.

In case we do release the limitation, there is a high chance that the corresponding World will crash or cause issues, and we are thinking that it will be difficult for us to release it for a while. We please ask you to consider playing in a World that has a low limitation.

We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause and ask to continue with your cooperation.

WTF?  Here's a novel idea...if there's enough demand for your game that you're approaching maximum capacity, then buy more goddamn servers.

Square's disdain for their NA/EU player base is almost palpable at this point.  From what I understand, the Japanese players are experiencing none of these issues.   Roll Eyes

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #644 on: August 26, 2013, 12:19:33 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan
first bolded part implies that you are in fact one of the 4 Yorkshiremen,because of how much experience you have with MMO's

Had to go back and delete my post since I said some things that would probably get me ousted by the mods. I was laughing at people who couldn't finish a quest, not people who couldn't get into the game. In fact, in my OO thread there were posts where I said I was sorry people were having issues.

I don't know how many MMOs anyone's played. For all I know, everyone in this thread has played as many as I have. So I'm struggling to figure out where my superiority complex would have come from that I've played more MMOs than everyone else. In fact, I never mentioned how many MMOs I've played - I only mentioned two early ones that I had. For all you know those are the only ones I've played in years. You're reading WAY too much into my posts, and getting all pissy about it, for no reason whatsoever.

You may have a problem with types of people that brag about MMO experience, and that's fine. I'm not one of them. I'm just stating facts. In the past, many MMOs have had broken launches that were MUCH worse than FFXIV. That's not opinion, that's a fact. People in global chat were freaking out about not being able to finish one quest, in spite of the fact that they could actually log in and play the game otherwise. That's overreaction. And if you had seen some of the comments I had seen, it was overreaction worthy of laughter.

At any rate, I'm not going to continue to defend myself against your apparent vendetta against me for no reason. I think the majority of this thread probably thinks your attitude is uncalled for.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming:

Got my Pugilist up to 10. Am I correct in that there are not crafting guilds for every trade in every city? If so, it kind of sucks I'm going to have to travel to a new main town just to get Leatherworking.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 12:33:36 PM by YellowKing » Logged
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #645 on: August 26, 2013, 12:28:55 PM »

EDIT:  Edited because YK edited his post.  Edit.

I want to go Leatherworker but there's no Leatherworker guild in my main city. Do I actually have to travel elsewhere to train up leatherworking? Seems kind of a lame game mechanic that you can't start crafting right away without changing locales.

There's a guildmaster for each class and crafting profession, and you have to visit them to switch to that class.  Unfortunately they're scattered throughout the three starting cities (locations are here), but traveling between them becomes very easy once you get the airship pass at level 15.

YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #646 on: August 26, 2013, 01:06:51 PM »

There's a guildmaster for each class and crafting profession, and you have to visit them to switch to that class.  Unfortunately they're scattered throughout the three starting cities (locations are here), but traveling between them becomes very easy once you get the airship pass at level 15.

Cool, thanks Gratch. And sorry you had to read my unedited rant. Just gets the blood boiling when you're attacked for no apparent reason. Guess it's the nature of the medium that it's easy to read your own attitudes into others' posts.

I'll just hold out to 15 to start making my leather assless chaps. Rittchard, I'll need your size and color preference.  icon_biggrin

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #647 on: August 26, 2013, 01:30:11 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on August 26, 2013, 01:06:51 PM

Cool, thanks Gratch. And sorry you had to read my unedited rant. Just gets the blood boiling when you're attacked for no apparent reason. Guess it's the nature of the medium that it's easy to read your own attitudes into others' posts.

No worries...you were far nicer than I would have been.  smile

I'll just hold out to 15 to start making my leather assless chaps. Rittchard, I'll need your size and color preference.  icon_biggrin

FYI, it doesn't open up automatically at 15, there's a quest you have to finish to get access.  I made the mistake of thinking they just automatically opened up at that level, and was pissed that I couldn't get access.  Doh!

For quite a while in the early levels, the most powerful leg armor available was a "Leather Subligar", which looked like this:

I took the stats hit rather than running around in a speedo.

Videmon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #648 on: August 26, 2013, 01:46:31 PM »

The airship quest might be available before level 15. Just keep at the main storyline and it should open up. The good thing about crafting is it is like the classes in the game. Once you open it up you can craft anywhere and gain experience. Just have to head back every 5 levels or so if you want to do the craft missions.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #649 on: August 26, 2013, 02:06:46 PM »

Early access was kind of a bust for me as the only time I got to play without issue was Saturday morning for about 3 hours.  After that, instances kept getting borked, so it slowed my progress on my class and story quests.  I couldn't get into my server at all yesterday.  Probably won't get to attempt to play until Tuesday and then Thursday I leave for PAX, so not going to get much time.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #650 on: August 26, 2013, 04:36:46 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on August 26, 2013, 01:06:51 PM

As said,to me you came off sounding like an arrogant prick,and you DID sound like you were above everyone else

You say this was not your intention then i DO apologise,as i have had a similar problem being misread in the past(and upset Myto while playing FF11)

I'm sorry and i hope we can put this behind us,i don't go out to upset or find arguments with anyone on here...i just like to talk about games.

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #651 on: August 26, 2013, 05:21:19 PM »

No worries, man, just know that it was NOT my intention to come off sounding arrogant. In fact, I assume when speaking on the GamingTrend forum to senior forum members that we are all probably MMO veterans - which is kind of why I had no problem poking fun at the n00bs running around saying the sky was falling in global chat.

Number of MMOs played seems a rather odd way of determining penis size, though.  icon_biggrin

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #652 on: August 26, 2013, 05:35:57 PM »

Cool Stuff YK,sorry to get the wrong end of the stick

and is that true about MMO/Penis Size?

I have been using the end of my middle finger from the bottom of my palm,or the length from my thumb to my forefinger looking in my pants

well,i have 3,including this game and not including 7 day trials.

one of them(SWG)was only for a few months,guess i will grow and extra inch next year for TESO

maybe i shouldn't shout that about icon_redface

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #653 on: August 26, 2013, 05:53:26 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on August 26, 2013, 05:21:19 PM

Number of MMOs played seems a rather odd way of determining penis size, though.  icon_biggrin

A better way is for all of you to post pictures of your peni muhahahaha  eek eek eek

All joking aside, this kind of MMO release BS really irks me as well.  The key is to not direct frustration on your fellow gamers, but on the idiots who are propagating this mess.  It's pretty typical for people to complain, and then others make fun of the complainers telling them to "chill" - it happens about every 5 minutes in general chat or on the FFXIV forums.  The thing is this: at some point gamers as a *community* need to stand up to this kind of behavior.  The more we make excuses for the developers, the more we enable the next company to do the same thing.  It's like battered wife syndrome, we not only get slapped around, we start to make excuses for the person slapping us.  

(pause while distracted by Gratch's screenshot)

I like to continue the analogy of paid TV - it's a service you pay for, it's for entertainment.  But can you imagine if you paid for a new network debut, and it was down over half the time you wanted to watch it?  Or worse yet, you simply couldn't get ANY service?  Imagine the outrage then, I seriously doubt you'd have people making excuses for the service providers.  And yes, I do equate a game that I've paid $30-60 for (plus $15/month) as a service provider.  I don't think most gamers are there yet; I think in general even gamers themselves don't think they deserve better because of the old mentality - "it's just a game."  I repeat it's a multi-billion dollar industry, more than large enough to warrant having some standards to uphold.

As an engineer at my company, I can say we are constantly working to provide service above the 99% reliability mark.  I think I heard someone say 99.7% is the target.  We force our vendors to test to extreme conditions that almost never exist, and yes, it costs us a lot of time and money.  Why shouldn't these gaming companies do the same?  After all these years, are you telling me no one knows how to create the server infrastructure to handle a certain number of people?  And if that's really the case, then they should flat out not be allowed to charge for their product.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #654 on: August 26, 2013, 06:22:40 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on August 26, 2013, 05:53:26 PM

A better way is for all of you to post pictures of your peni muhahahaha  eek eek eek

ban

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #655 on: August 26, 2013, 06:28:16 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on August 26, 2013, 01:30:11 PM

I took the stats hit rather than running around in a speedo.

<snicker>

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #656 on: August 26, 2013, 06:28:33 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on August 26, 2013, 06:22:40 PM

Quote from: rittchard on August 26, 2013, 05:53:26 PM

A better way is for all of you to post pictures of your peni muhahahaha  eek eek eek

ban
icon_lol

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #657 on: August 26, 2013, 06:32:04 PM »

Are you playing on a Japanese Server Gratch?(yes i was looking at the text in the background)

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #658 on: August 26, 2013, 06:34:08 PM »

Gratch's pic actually looks like he is doing it for Facebook!

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #659 on: August 26, 2013, 06:47:44 PM »

I am hearing some absolutely horrible things,hoping its not true

Apparently some people who can't get on the NA/EU servers(no idea where they are from),are starting on a Japanese server,and just flaming everybody in protest-talking about Hiroshima,Rape and trying to fuck everybody's game up over there,also having offensive names.
ffxivrealm

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #660 on: August 26, 2013, 06:47:57 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 26, 2013, 06:34:08 PM

Gratch's pic actually looks like he is doing it for Facebook!

icon_lol

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #661 on: August 26, 2013, 06:48:32 PM »

biggrin

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #662 on: August 26, 2013, 06:48:40 PM »

try FFXIV body spray!  it'll get you the men!

Because I can,
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #663 on: August 26, 2013, 07:23:44 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on August 26, 2013, 06:32:04 PM

Are you playing on a Japanese Server Gratch?(yes i was looking at the text in the background)

Not my character...got that from a Google image search.

And before you ask:  Yes, the "FF XIV leather subligar" search left my eyeballs permanently damaged.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #664 on: August 26, 2013, 07:55:32 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on August 26, 2013, 07:23:44 PM

And before you ask:  Yes, the "FF XIV leather subligar" search left my eyeballs permanently damaged.

icon_lol

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #665 on: August 26, 2013, 08:08:17 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on August 26, 2013, 07:55:32 PM

Quote from: Gratch on August 26, 2013, 07:23:44 PM

icon_lol

+ icon_lol

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #666 on: August 26, 2013, 09:12:24 PM »

FINAL FANTASY XIV ‏@FF_XIV_EN 2h
We've begun sending out everyone's pre-order bonus items and version 1.0 account holder's CE bonus items! Be sure to check in-game Mog Mail!

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #667 on: August 26, 2013, 09:14:05 PM »

sweet!  checking!

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #668 on: August 26, 2013, 10:54:36 PM »

Mog cap part 1!

Because I can,
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #669 on: August 27, 2013, 03:09:03 AM »

so both my servers are full lol, what a joke  crybaby
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #670 on: August 27, 2013, 03:46:07 AM »

This one's for Rittch - I call it "Commander-in-Brief(s)."

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #671 on: August 27, 2013, 05:12:20 AM »

well, restarted on Coral... Copenhagen... Corellia.... that server that starts with a C.... made it to level 10, having a blast so far.  the game makes a lot more sense when you read what the different abilities do icon_lol

Because I can,
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #672 on: August 27, 2013, 05:49:55 AM »

Oh, that is right - I'm on Coeurl as well guys - I tried adding Yellowkings characters as friends last night, but it said no such character could be found. Does one have to be online to be added as a friend?

I'm Razgon Aperius, btw.

A new one
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #673 on: August 27, 2013, 07:36:54 AM »

yeah Raz,they have to be online

Took me about 5 minutes of waiting last night to get in on Cactuar,once in no problems

Here's my hat and Cait Sith minion,Hopefully get my Leopard Mount today

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #674 on: August 27, 2013, 07:37:08 AM »

Quote from: Razgon on August 27, 2013, 05:49:55 AM

I'm Razgon Aperius, btw.

gotchya on the list.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #675 on: August 27, 2013, 07:38:31 AM »

Oh thats right,have any of you guys played Lost Odyssey?

When you go to a room at an Inn,it plays soft music..i swear down dead that the music is from Lost Odyssey,its not even 'sounds like',for me it IS the same music

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #676 on: August 27, 2013, 07:38:41 AM »

I shall call him... THING!

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #677 on: August 27, 2013, 07:39:46 AM »

is that its Shadow?

and i dunno,it looks like a girl to me(oh wait NVM,its a japanese game isn't it,LOL)

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #678 on: August 27, 2013, 07:39:51 AM »

Sparkly 2!

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #679 on: August 27, 2013, 07:40:16 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on August 27, 2013, 07:39:46 AM

is that its Shadow?

and i dunno,it looks like a girl to me

didn't notice that before, seems odd shadow.

Because I can,
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: