http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 01:54:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PC/PS3] Final Fantasy XIV (Characters/Servers in first post)  (Read 44255 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 08, 2013, 11:46:37 AM »

been looking about in the Lodestone,because of this:

"Testing of the new Lodestone will conclude on Wednesday, July 17th at 2:00 a.m. (PDT) / 9:00 a.m.(GMT). Please note that the new Lodestone will be inaccessible when testing has ended."

http://eu.beta.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2734364/

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 10, 2013, 08:50:31 AM »

10 minutes until the beta starts again,and then we have it until Monday icon_biggrin icon_biggrin icon_biggrin

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 10, 2013, 11:19:16 AM »

Cabbage Patch

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 10, 2013, 11:20:10 AM »

bang out those bugs so come release it'll be smooth.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 10, 2013, 09:57:02 PM »

woohoo....i got the 3rd dungeon done,party must of been good..although one was rude with everyone,called one guy an idiot and said i shouldn't use my Limit Breaks..dunno why,he did explain but it was all greek to me,i just stopped using my Limit Breaks...but i don't care because i got that dungeon done

Spoiler for Hiden:
getting closer to owning my own Chocobo and giving Ifrit another asshole for his fiery shits

(I heard Ifrit is the end of the storyline for the beta)

Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 10, 2013, 11:06:59 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on July 10, 2013, 09:57:02 PM

woohoo....i got the 3rd dungeon done,party must of been good..although one was rude with everyone,called one guy an idiot and said i shouldn't use my Limit Breaks..dunno why,he did explain but it was all greek to me,i just stopped using my Limit Breaks...but i don't care because i got that dungeon done
That's the worst aspect of mmos.  I hate that kind of behavior.  It's a shame because that person probably could have shared some good tips, but it's ruined by his shitty delivery.

I'm looking forward to giving ARR a shot.  It sounds like fun.  I wish there was a red mage class/job.   
Videmon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 11, 2013, 06:58:47 AM »

I must say I enjoyed 11 a lot more than this one. This one seems really, I don't know, dumbed down a lot. 11 was a challenge which I liked. In the two weekends I've been able to play I've reached level 30 and beat all dungeons up to my level cap. I was hoping to try out the locked jobs (like bard) but apparently they are locked in phase 3. I'm hoping there is something a little more challenging that comes out with the later missions in the game.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 11, 2013, 01:02:12 PM »

woohoo,finished the beta levels and got my Chocobo(SillySymphony)

Spoiler for Hiden:
Ifrit,i could tell was hard fight but when i joined the duty,i ended up with 3 level 35(although their level gets synced),everything i did had no effect in Ifrit,and eventually me and another guy died,but the two remaining managed easily to kick the hell out of the remaining health bar of Ifrits...so i was able to complete the fight,landed on my feet really

but thats not really the last of the beta,first you have to decide which Grand Company to join(Gridania,Lindsey Lohan or Ul'Dah)and you have to watch 3 decently lengthy cutscenes of a rabble rousing speech at each city...I joined the Flames at Ul'Dah because that's where i come from

Then you have your first mission for grand company,for me it was protecting a downed airship..and it was a toughy,went okay at first but then they call on the Vanguard(Big Robot),and that robot can one shot you....took me 4 goes to do it

that mission also sees Biggs and Wedge(who apart from Star Wars have been in quite a few Final Fantasy games)..even the airship you are protecting is called the Tiny Bronco after Cids plane in Final Fantasy 7

Then you go back to the Flames and they tell you when you do FATEs from now on you will get Coupons,get 1000 of these and you can get your own Chocobo

the last mission just sees you calling in on someone and the notice says its the end of the storyline for the beta and thanks for playing

Although 35 is the beta cap,my Gladiator is level 24,i think i will stop there for now

so,now i am going to go back to my other jobs like Archer and Conjurer,and level them up

skystride

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 11, 2013, 02:12:49 PM »

Is post processing or something else turned off in the beta?  Judging from the screenshots, character models and even the environments look very sterile.  If that's how it's going to end up looking, people are going to have the same complaints as with Everquest 2.  The models look like they are exported from Poser.  Compared to much more vibrant games like Aion/Tera/Rift, the graphics don't look that impressive.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 11, 2013, 02:52:25 PM »

Quote from: skystride on July 11, 2013, 02:12:49 PM

Is post processing or something else turned off in the beta?  Judging from the screenshots, character models and even the environments look very sterile.  If that's how it's going to end up looking, people are going to have the same complaints as with Everquest 2.  The models look like they are exported from Poser.  Compared to much more vibrant games like Aion/Tera/Rift, the graphics don't look that impressive.

You and I must be looking at different screenshots then.  Having played all four, I'd say the FF XIV is easily the best looking of the bunch.  Tera and Aion definitely go for the more "over the top" JRPG look (i.e. ridiculous and/or skimpy armor, crazy weapons twice the size of the characters, etc.), but I think FF XIV has far better character animation, realistic environments, and creative monster design.

It's got very much a traditional Final Fantasy aesthetic...if that's not your thing to begin with, this probably won't change your mind much.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: July 11, 2013, 03:06:39 PM »

if you have finished the Company Quest(the last quest in the beta)

you can auto level your other classes to 15 by talking to certain people here is the list of people to see for the class you are

its not been said yet if this is just for the Beta,if so i hope they replace it with more quests,and come level 15-20 quests start getting thin

Class/person to talk to/place you'll find them

Thaumaturge-Swaenhylt-Camp Drybone(East Thanalan)

Conjurer-Wihtred-Hyrstmill(North Shroud)

Lancer-Anuid-Hawthornes Hut(East Shroud)

Gladiator-Chechezan-Horizon Camp(East Thanalan)

Archer-Zacheus-Little Solace(East Shroud)

Marauder-Urswyrst-Moraby Drydocks(Lower Noscea)

Pugilist-Adelard-South Hammer(Western Thanalan)

skystride

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 11, 2013, 03:44:31 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on July 11, 2013, 02:52:25 PM

Quote from: skystride on July 11, 2013, 02:12:49 PM

You and I must be looking at different screenshots then.  Having played all four, I'd say the FF XIV is easily the best looking of the bunch.  Tera and Aion definitely go for the more "over the top" JRPG look (i.e. ridiculous and/or skimpy armor, crazy weapons twice the size of the characters, etc.), but I think FF XIV has far better character animation, realistic environments, and creative monster design.

It's got very much a traditional Final Fantasy aesthetic...if that's not your thing to begin with, this probably won't change your mind much.

I've played every single FF game except the MMOs and enjoyed the graphics so that's not the problem.  I look at a screenshot like this and the skin looks like plastic (hence the Poser model reference).  It might be the uncanny valley effect but the characters just don't seem to fit in the environment.  Of course some better lighting/textures/post processing could probably make a world of difference which is why I asked if something is turned off in the beta or not implemented yet.

Wait "crazy weapons twice the size of the characters" is not Final Fantasy?  I thought they invented this Tongue
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 11, 2013, 05:45:07 PM »

Quote from: skystride on July 11, 2013, 03:44:31 PM

Wait "crazy weapons twice the size of the characters" is not Final Fantasy?  I thought they invented this Tongue

Yeah, poor wording on my part.  smile  I just meant that FF XIV's huge weapons and crazy armor aren't taken to the same extremes that Tera and Aion went. 

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 14, 2013, 05:47:30 PM »

last night for your beta characters,they have approx 15hrs left until they are gone forever  icon_frown

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 08, 2013, 12:15:09 PM »

watching the live letter now
http://ffxivrealm.com/pages/live-letter/

Looks like Fishing will be available in Phase 4  thumbsup

Open Beta(Phase 4) is going to be 17 August -19th August,or from the 16th August if you have played up to Phase 3

Early Access is going to be 24th August-26th August(game is released 27th August)

I honestly don't think i will bother until the game comes out,3 days for Phase 4 beta is a bit shit..so may as well just wait

Level cap is 20 in Phase 4 beta

Arcanist will be available in Phase 4(your pets can use magic)

Arcanist is the base for Scholar and Summoner

you can transfer to a different world(server)if friends are there,or you wish to just change....but it will cost a fee

available 2-3 weeks after launch,details will be available later

smartphone app will show everything from character to accessories,also shows quests and where to go(which may be very useful)

App is free for all ARR players,or think as it as the app fee is included in the subscription,available a week or so after launch..Android version a month after launch

there will be a Barber where you can change your style(Hairstyle,Hair Colour,Eye Colour,Facemarks,Tattoos,beards etc)
available in Patch 2.1 which will "not be too far out"

from what i can tell,there will be a Raid quest for allegiances(24 players)called Crystal Tower that will come in the 2.1 patch

again from what i can gather,they are unsure whether to have the /tell feature when in duty finder as they don't want players to be mean to each other(if they are it will be public to the other players)

vid shows a player sitting side saddle on a Unicorn............. it's within Conjurer

they are also showing a lot of furniture for your housing...Malboro cupboards,Moogle night lights,Beds and chairs etc

Marriage system coming soon

Treasure Maps coming early on,can be played solo or light party

more dungeons coming in 2.1 patch

Add-ons will be roughly 6 months in

showing video of Colosseum where you can PvP,it seems to be on its own island and you can get there by boat,Crater created by the meteor is used as the colosseum,you can have 4v4 or 8v8....the island where its situated looks very Pirate themed

if you played 1.0,you can play for free until Sep 9th(does that mean no free 30 day subscription for anybody then?)

Veteran rewards depending how long you have been a subscriber
30 day rewards
wind-up cursor(finger cursor minion...yeah i don't know why either) and a Phial of Phantasia,character remake ticket(change sex and everything about your character)

60 day rewards
Cascadia Uniform Voucher and a Black Chocobo minion

90 days Beady Eye minion and a Voildal Resonator Mount(looks pretty cool)

if you pay upfront you get these right away

more rewards coming for 120 or 180 days

there will be lots of different mounts
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 02:39:24 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 08, 2013, 07:42:27 PM »

Reminds me I need to get my pre-order in.  Will pre-pay for 90 days to get the bonuses as well.

msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 09, 2013, 02:32:34 AM »

So I'm guessing based on my reading that this is a finely crafted MMO that may well be the next big popular MMO for the foreseeable future?
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 09, 2013, 11:27:54 AM »

Quote from: msduncan on August 09, 2013, 02:32:34 AM

So I'm guessing based on my reading that this is a finely crafted MMO that may well be the next big popular MMO for the foreseeable future?

difficult to tell these days,i do think this will be more popular than a lot of other MMOs out recently...its still 9 quid a month but its more user friendly than the MMOs i have played in the past

the fact that you can play probably 75% of this game single player..or not needing parties i mean,could be a big difference

Then you could look at Final Fantasy 11 which is your typical hard as balls MMO is still going after 11 years..the Final Fantasy name goes a long way

Although i only put in a 3 or 4 weekends on the beta,i got the feeling that there is a lot of game in FF14 ARR,but perhaps not as much as usual MMOs(the beta level cap was 35,while the full games level cap is 50..i got to 24)..of course with Expansions this worry could be done away,and honestly there is still enough for me for some time(especially with all the other jobs to level up),but those speedy people may be done sooner rather than later

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 09, 2013, 12:02:17 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on August 09, 2013, 02:32:34 AM

Who knows.  The MMO market is so fragmented and easily distracted these days that it's tough to tell if anything will have legs or not.  That said, I hope it has some longevity...it's a really good game.

msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 09, 2013, 02:05:30 PM »

How big is the world?    How much 'stuff' is in there to do?    I did notice Vanity pets.   Do they have rare mount drops, rare vanity pet drops, etc?

How is the loot system?    Is there random rare loot?    Does the loot change the look of your character and looks sufficiently awesome, or does everyone wind up looking the same like in LOTRO or Neverwinter?

Thanks for the help guys.    Considering preorder but need to get my facts straight first.
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 09, 2013, 03:42:05 PM »

I think it will be a niche game.  It might be one of the last old school MMOs before the likes of EQN and others that are trying to redefine the genre take over.  Most people are not going to like that this game starts out with the standard kill rats and fetch quests.  But then, console owners don't have much choice in MMOs and it might do well in that market.  

My guess is that there is some good stuff going on with the game with regards to the class system and group dynamics but it's not immediately apparent.

I was actually a bit surprised to see that the game has typical auto-attack style combat after playing recent MMOs like GW2, Neverwinter, Tera etc. but I guess the first iteration of the game came out before some of those so it sort of makes sense.

I'm still going to try this out because I have a hankering for some old-school mmo action but if you are looking for something different, don't bother unless you are a huge Final Fantasy fan.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 09, 2013, 04:28:09 PM »

Alright, I bit on this and preordered for PS3 and PC.  I liked the ideas of FFXI, but got put off by the mandatory grouping you seemed to have to do (I like it in theory, but if I have limited time, getting a group was taking a long time and then my time would be over).  See you guys on the servers.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 10, 2013, 04:24:41 AM »

Quote from: skystride on August 09, 2013, 03:42:05 PM

but if you are looking for something different, don't bother unless you are a huge Final Fantasy fan.

It may not be terribly revolutionary, but it is still a fun, solid, very pretty MMO.  'Don't bother" seems a little strong...I'd certainly encourage folks to give it a look if they're looking for a new MMO.

FWIW, I thought what I played in the beta was far more entertaining than, say, WOW...at least from the perspective of someone who plays entirely solo PvE.  Then again, I'm a huge FF fan, so I'm not exactly unbiased.  smile

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 10, 2013, 07:29:59 PM »

Nice to see that Squeenix's account management system remains consistent as a clusterfuck of epic proportions.  I can log into my SquareEnix account just fine on their website, but trying to login using the exact same information to pre-purchase the game tells me my password is invalid.   I've reset the password twice now...works just fine on their website but won't let me purchase the game.

Head meets wall

The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 11, 2013, 05:55:04 AM »

Quote from: Gratch on August 10, 2013, 07:29:59 PM

Nice to see that Squeenix's account management system remains consistent as a clusterfuck of epic proportions.  I can log into my SquareEnix account just fine on their website, but trying to login using the exact same information to pre-purchase the game tells me my password is invalid.   I've reset the password twice now...works just fine on their website but won't let me purchase the game.

Head meets wall

I pre-ordered mine digitally on Amazon, so if you're not dead set on getting it from Square, you could go that route.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: August 13, 2013, 01:23:33 AM »

Let me know when you guys start seeing the early access or other registration stuff coming through.

I finally got the purchase to work, and got it registered for the early access.  However, I find it odd that I didn't get a single confirmation e-mail about my purchase or my registration.  Never bought anything online that didn't provide a digital receipt via e-mail.  I printed a hard copy so I'm covered, but I'm guessing something probably went screwy and I'll have to fight SE to get access.

ericb

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 13, 2013, 11:15:53 PM »

Really wish they would open the servers to download the current client...tens of thousands of people downloading what could be a potentially 20 gig game all at once is not going to be pretty.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 14, 2013, 06:48:59 AM »

Rumour is that the beta client will be available on the 15th(Thursday) with Phase 3 players being able to play a day early(16th)

I sent a question to Square Enix Support yesterday,asking if i need a new code,if i need to re-apply as i was in Phase 3

got this as a reply
Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre.

We are happy to inform you will not need to apply again for a new code as you will get direct access to phase beta 4 using your Square ENix account.

More information will send to you via email once we get closer to the phase 4 as no information has been released yet.

We thank you for your interest in Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn .

Kind regards,

The Square Enix Support Centre team

There is also this that has appeared overnight

I am also hearing that the original download is 6.5gig,with an update making it 12 gig in the end

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 14, 2013, 07:58:39 AM »

just got my email
Thank you for signing up for the FFXIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Test on PS3!

The final beta test will kick off on Friday 16 August 2013 at 9:00 GMT and last until Monday 19 August 2013 at 9:00 GMT.

Please find your PlayStation®3 promotion code below:
PlayStation®3 Promotion Code

Downloading now!!!

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 14, 2013, 09:06:57 AM »

downloaded the game,installed it but i can not do the other 6gig patch yet,as its all under Maintenance

Hopefully that doesn't mean it will be Friday 10am when we are able to install the patch,because i wanna be playing then!!

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 14, 2013, 12:40:58 PM »

I still have yet to receive even an e-mail confirmation of my purchase.  Will be hitting up their support team today to make sure it didn't get borked up somehow.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 14, 2013, 01:35:35 PM »

to buy or not to buy.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 14, 2013, 01:35:51 PM »

and then to beta or not to beta....

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 14, 2013, 01:36:01 PM »

heh.. betta beta....

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 14, 2013, 01:42:58 PM »

oh, and new trailer.

Because I can,
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 14, 2013, 02:08:41 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 14, 2013, 01:42:58 PM

oh, and new trailer.

13 minutes is not a "trailer"

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 14, 2013, 02:18:05 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 14, 2013, 01:35:35 PM

to buy or not to buy.

Quote from: CeeKay on August 14, 2013, 01:35:51 PM

and then to beta or not to beta....

why not try the beta first then decide whether to buy or not,surely that way around is better? Tongue

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 14, 2013, 02:19:14 PM »

I only use betas as demos, and I kinda want this game anyways, so a beta would only burn me out quicker.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 14, 2013, 02:24:36 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 14, 2013, 02:19:14 PM

I only use betas as demos, and I kinda want this game anyways, so a beta would only burn me out quicker.

ahh okay gotcha

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 14, 2013, 02:25:46 PM »

biggrin

beta impressions.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 02:28:32 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: