http://gamingtrend.com
September 01, 2014, 06:48:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PC/PS3] Final Fantasy XIV (Characters/Servers in first post)  (Read 40911 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 23, 2013, 08:28:42 PM »

ran the benchmark with everything maxed out, just for shits and giggles; very pretty game:

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Official Benchmark (Exploration)
Tested on:6/23/2013 4:18:05 PM
Score:6951
Average Framerate:55.414
Performance:Very High
 -Easily capable of running the game. Should perform exceptionally well, even at higher resolutions.

Screen Size: 1920x1080
Screen Mode: Full Screen
Graphics Presets: Custom
General
-Improve overall graphic quality. : Enabled
-Disable rendering of objects when not visible. (Occlusion Culling) : Enabled
-Use low-detail models on distant objects to increase performance. (LOD) : Enabled
-Cache LOD data only when necessary. (LOD Streaming) : Enabled
-Smooth edges. (Anti-aliasing) : Enabled
-Increase transparent lighting quality. : Enabled
-Grass Quality : High
Shadows
-Use low-detail models on shadows to increase performance. (LOD) : Enabled
-Display : All
-Shadow Resolution : High: 2048 pixels
-Shadow Cascading : High
-Shadow Softening : High
Texture Detail
-Texture Filtering : High
-Anisotropic Filtering : High
Effects
-Naturally darken the edges of the screen. (Limb Darkening) : Enabled
-Blur the graphics around an object in motion. (Radial Blur) : Enabled
-Effects While in Motion : Display Own
-Screen Space Ambient Occlusion : High
-Glare : Normal
Cinematic Cutscenes
-Enable depth of field. : Enabled

System:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533)
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz
8175.109MB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580(VRAM 4095 MB) 8.17.0013.0124

Benchmark results do not provide any guarantee FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will run on your system.

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Official Website http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com
(C) 2010-2013 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.

Tweet
http://sqex.to/ffxiv_bench_na #FFXIV Score:6951 1920x1080 Custom Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 23, 2013, 11:56:09 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on June 23, 2013, 03:58:25 PM

here is the beta roadmap
http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/download/en/FFXIV_2.0_BETA_Roadmap_EN.pdf

when Phase 3 is finished,all characters will be deleted,there will be a 1-2 week debug for phase 3 and then it will go open beta,the characters you create in open beta will/can be carried over to release

We knew they were going to get deleted but,yes Gratch,it means we have to do that damn mission again in the train tunnel

Phase 4 is scheduled to be an open beta.
- The PlayStation®3 version will be available.
- Characters created during this phase will be carried over to the official release.
* Circumstance may necessitate the deletion of character data.
- More than 20 Worlds will be available.How many is there now?,this means maps right?,sure there are hell of alot right now
- All character customization options will be available.
- Version 1.0 characters can be used.
- The Duty Finder (player matching feature) will be implemented. → Will be in Phase 3
- The Level Sync feature will be implemented. → Will be in Phase 3
- Stress testing will be conducted on the housing system.
- Testing will be conducted on the PvP Coliseum.
- Free company points
- Version 1.0 service account holders will be able to download the official FFXIV: ARR
client free of charge.
* Those wishing to play on PlayStation®3 must purchase a copy of the game for that
system.

Well, that sucks.  For some reason, I was thinking there wasn't a wipe after Phase 2.  Oh well...it'll give me a chance to try the one zone I haven't really spent ay time in (the port city).  I also really hated the way my character looked (he seemed fine on the creation screen, but was ugly as hell in-game). Will be good to correct that.

Will there be any VO in the full release?  Seems odd to have all these "mute" conversations with NPCs

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 24, 2013, 04:15:42 PM »

I think there should be VO for the ingame cutscenes(the proper cutscenes) throughout the story missions,but not for the average sidequest stuff,that would probably be too much

They did have a VO on the beginning cutscene(even though it sounded very typical Japanese English VO's-ie: quite dull)

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 27, 2013, 07:29:29 AM »

Eurogamer Article:- Final Fantasy Born Again

good read,its all about how Square overcome the difficulties of the fuck up that was Final Fantasy 14 1.0

when talking 1.0:
the greatest and grandest critical and commercial failure to bear the Final Fantasy name since 2002's CGI disaster movie The Spirits Within

Ahem  icon_eek
Yoshida has even dropped hints about adding Final Fantasy 7's Gold Saucer location, while that title's supporting character Cait Sith features in the all new storyline.

How friggin' awesome would that be!!!

On another note:
Beta P3 Test 3 Begins:
1 day 1hr 41 minutes

Videmon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 27, 2013, 10:47:53 PM »

I don't know if they are still sending out Phase 3 Keys but I got one today. Looking forward to the long weekend now  icon_biggrin
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: June 28, 2013, 05:12:41 AM »

I got a PS3 beta key as well, so I might give it a shot on consoles over the weekend.  Perhaps roll up a mage...haven't done that class yet.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 28, 2013, 05:59:51 AM »

yeah i just got a beta key as well

Oh,if you haven't done it yet there is a PS3 system update and also an update for Final Fantasy 14,so if you get them both downloaded now,you won't have to wait around for when the FF14 beta starts(cutting into precious FF14 beta time)..you know what the PS3 updates at downloading and installing are like!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 06:20:03 AM by metallicorphan » Logged

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 28, 2013, 06:31:22 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on June 28, 2013, 05:59:51 AM

Oh,if you haven't done it yet there is a PS3 system update and also an update for Final Fantasy 14,so if you get them both downloaded now,you won't have to wait around for when the FF14 beta starts(cutting into precious FF14 beta time)..you know what the PS3 updates at downloading and installing are like!

You mean the things that just happens automatically at night while I'm sleeping? ;-)

A new one
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 28, 2013, 06:43:39 AM »

Quote from: Razgon on June 28, 2013, 06:31:22 AM

Quote from: metallicorphan on June 28, 2013, 05:59:51 AM

You mean the things that just happens automatically at night while I'm sleeping? ;-)

wow,really after the last PS3 update bricked a lot of people's consoles?...you're a better person than i am Raz  Tongue

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 28, 2013, 11:16:54 AM »

Quote from: Razgon on June 28, 2013, 06:31:22 AM

yeah, those 'things' slywink

Because I can,
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 28, 2013, 10:29:53 PM »

Tried it on PS3 this afternoon, which lasted all of 30 minutes before uninstalling it.  Mouse/Keyboard control is so much better, and it actually looks significantly worse on the bigger screen.  Going to stick with PC on this one, I think.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 29, 2013, 07:49:35 AM »

got to Limsa Mominsa last night by being able to use the airships...its a decent enough place,lots of walkways inbetween white cliffs

I wish this was more like FF11,right now i am thinking this is one massively dumbed down game,you don't even lose any XP when you die,and then there is the teleporting everywhere,every city and every sanctuary or just get a Chocobo wherever you want to go,and they can be hired everywhere also...all this must be to compensate that you can just play it single player and not need a party

The airships or the boats don't all have a schedule like in FF11,which made the world feel that much more alive,and the rides on those vehicles are just small cutscenes...no actual flying over the world or over the ocean and running about on deck with other people

Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 29, 2013, 02:10:55 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on June 29, 2013, 07:49:35 AM

got to Limsa Mominsa last night by being able to use the airships...its a decent enough place,lots of walkways inbetween white cliffs

I wish this was more like FF11,right now i am thinking this is one massively dumbed down game,you don't even lose any XP when you die,and then there is the teleporting everywhere,every city and every sanctuary or just get a Chocobo wherever you want to go,and they can be hired everywhere also...all this must be to compensate that you can just play it single player and not need a party

The airships or the boats don't all have a schedule like in FF11,which made the world feel that much more alive,and the rides on those vehicles are just small cutscenes...no actual flying over the world or over the ocean and running about on deck with other people

Different strokes. Personally I've never seen the game play value on making people wait to be able to travel around the world. I always thought death penalties were another boring time sink. Surely we can become more creative than making things boring for the sake of making them seem deep.
Flying cut-scenes I like. I've never taken a flight on a multi person vehicle in a MMO and saw them as fun. Just me, and my opinion.
I might have to check this game out. Seem's like they're trying the North American style play instead of the infamous Asian way.

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 29, 2013, 05:09:19 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on June 29, 2013, 07:49:35 AM

These are all very good things, IMO.  I love the fact that I can instantly jump to someplace close to where I want to go instead of spending 10 minutes running across a zone.  I love the fact I don't have to sit around and wait for an airship to come at a certain time (is this really a thing in other MMO's?).  I love the fact that dying doesn't saddle me with a big penalty.  And I mostly love that I've now played two characters into the late teens and done it entirely solo. With 3 week old twins at home, grouping is pretty much impossible for me and forced grouping would be a game-killer.

I continue to be impressed by this one the more I play.  It has captured the Final Fantasy aesthetic perfectly, actually has an interesting story, fun combat mechanics, and looks and sounds amazing.  Barring a major faceplant at higher levels, I wouldn't be surprised if FFXIV ended up as my second favorite MMO behind GW2.  Can't wait for release. 

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 29, 2013, 05:23:36 PM »

there is absolutely no use for Airships,Boats and Chocobos,because you can just warp everywhere...they need to disable warp

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 29, 2013, 10:22:21 PM »

I love all the little bits and bobs from all the other Final Fantasy's

lets see,so far i have seen

Not included Crystals,Chocobo's and Moogles as they are in them all(not seen anyone called Cid yet i don't think)

-Gunblades from FF8(a bad guy has one in a cutscene as you get the airship pass)
-Goblins as good guys in Limsa Lominsa from FF11(they were always the one that ran after you all across Vana'diel)
-Zones and title screens for new areas like FF12
-Judges from FF12
-Warriors of Light are the main good guys in FF3 and are local legend in this game(albeit a 5 year legend)
-Materia from FF7(still need to figure the materia out in this game)

er...yeah,probably more but can't think of them right now

Videmon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 29, 2013, 11:29:53 PM »

Kind of enjoying it so far. Nothing like 11. Pace is a lot faster.  Can't figure out the materia yet (don't even have one) or how people are turning items into materia. I do miss a few things from 11. Are there NMs in this game or are they just from FATEs and Quests?
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 30, 2013, 03:40:55 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on June 29, 2013, 05:23:36 PM

there is absolutely no use for Airships,Boats and Chocobos,because you can just warp everywhere...they need to disable warp

Given the choice of instantly warping to another location or staring at an animation for 2-3 minutes while your Chocobo runs across the map, I'll take the instant warp every time.  I don't see how anyone wouldn't.

Since characters are going to wipe after this beta phase, I think I'm going to stop playing for now.  Spending time replaying large chunks of games doesn't appeal to me, and I don't get too excited at the prospect of replaying 10-15 hours when it's released.  I haven't explored much of Lima Laminsa, and want to save that for when the game actually comes out.  I'm sold enough that it'll be a day one purchase.  smile

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 30, 2013, 09:16:26 AM »

Quote from: Gratch on June 30, 2013, 03:40:55 AM

Quote from: metallicorphan on June 29, 2013, 05:23:36 PM

Given the choice of instantly warping to another location or staring at an animation for 2-3 minutes while your Chocobo runs across the map, I'll take the instant warp every time.  I don't see how anyone wouldn't.

Since characters are going to wipe after this beta phase, I think I'm going to stop playing for now.  Spending time replaying large chunks of games doesn't appeal to me, and I don't get too excited at the prospect of replaying 10-15 hours when it's released.  I haven't explored much of Lima Laminsa, and want to save that for when the game actually comes out.  I'm sold enough that it'll be a day one purchase.  smile

still has another weekend or two(14th July was it?)

and when release comes out i can then take my time,and piss about some more

Oh,try and stay away from Mining....good lord,Dull as Muddy Water!!

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 04, 2013, 03:29:07 PM »

New Dev video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIBPqZ0rNQ8&feature=youtu.be

The new Duty Finder option sounds pretty cool(Join parties from other worlds(servers) for dungeon events)

Question:when you pick a server to play on when the game is released,are you locked to that server?,as a server migrate option could be handy,shows here that it could be done easily i reckon

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: July 04, 2013, 10:38:23 PM »

A Tour of Eorzea part III
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--a6__DnOdc

I've pretty much not seen any of these locations yet

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 05, 2013, 09:35:03 AM »

Just got kicked off,seems there is a problem with the servers  crybaby

EDIT:
Bah,Maintenance
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 09:38:36 AM by metallicorphan » Logged

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 05, 2013, 09:48:19 AM »

LOL,someone posted this on the forums

Hows the FFXIV Phase 3 test 4 going Ollie?

CANT LOG IN!!!

Thanks Ollie

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 05, 2013, 10:51:59 AM »

icon_lol

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 05, 2013, 10:54:36 AM »

Servers are back up now

hearing that this phase does not finish until the 14th July,which is pretty cool if true

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 05, 2013, 11:20:43 AM »

thumbsup

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 05, 2013, 08:57:44 PM »

I have just used the new Duty Finder feature for a few small missions('Basic Training:Enemy Parties' and 'Under the Armour') and then Sastasha dungeon('It's Probably Pirates' mission) and i thought it worked really well

The Sastasha mission took a while to find a party(5 minutes or so,i went off and did a fate mission),and you have 90 minutes to complete the mission,i think we had 45 minutes left

I am a GLA so not really sure they really needed me,because the rest of the team were awesome...i just did my thing twatting the bad guys,getting stuck in there and 'flashing' so to keep the enemies away from the others,it's really all i knew..I just wish my attacks could do more damage,seemed very pathetic compared to the other guys  icon_redface

Communication can be a bit ...well crap,but we managed

Anyway,i had fun,and thankfully got that mission done

One problem i found with the Duty Finder,because it was my first time a shitload of tutorial screens came up,and i wanted to read them,but the party was waiting so had to just get rid off them

anybody know/explain Limit Breaks to me? EDIT; NVM i found the tutorial part on limit breaks in the system Active Help
><<><>><><><><><><

Oh and earlier today i tried out Lancer which is a pretty cool job,saved my outfit/job so i can switch on the fly(not just switch weapons because then i would need to switch armour as well)

much better than Miner anyway disgust

I'm about level 20 with my main character/job
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 09:00:44 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 06, 2013, 12:05:47 PM »

bah,seems it IS this Sunday that this beta ends

Regarding Test End Date& Time

Thank you for participating in the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Test.
This is to notify the end date and time for the 4th Beta Test, Test Phase 3 that has started on July 5th.
Thanks to everyone who participated in the test, we have confirmed the stability in the Duty Finder, and will be ending the 4th Beta Test on July 7th, 2013 at 2:00 a.m. (PDT) / July 7th, 2013 at 9:00 a.m. (GMT).

We thank you for your participation for the ongoing testing.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 06, 2013, 11:29:11 PM »

pissing keyboard ingame only writes Chinese or Japanese now,i can't get it back to English icon_mad

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 06, 2013, 11:42:47 PM »

うまくいけば、あなたはそれを修正する方法を考え出すことができます。

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 07, 2013, 12:18:55 AM »

yeah i did,LOL...i mashed all the keys on the keyboard(born of frustration),and it magically turned back to English

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 07, 2013, 12:22:31 AM »

ah yes, the 'smack it until it works' method icon_lol

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 07, 2013, 12:24:51 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on July 07, 2013, 12:22:31 AM

ah yes, the 'smack it until it works' method icon_lol

if in doubt,give it a clout  icon_biggrin

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 07, 2013, 09:20:49 AM »

well had a good weekend,did quite a lot

-Levelled my Main GLA to 21
-Levelled Archer to 8
-Levelled Lancer to 6
-Levelled Conjurer to 11
-Did the first two dungeons,attempted the third but was not successful at end bad guy
-bought a Firebomb and Wayward Chick followers
-did lots of quests in the North Shroud and also at the church/cemetery at Drybone

That third dungeon was a good dungeon until the end bad guy,because he is massive,the camera tilts so i can't see a pissing thing going on,and my Flashes did nothing to attract him,so we all died ..tried it again but just wasn't happening,i'll try it again probably when the game is released
EDIT:I need to look into whether you can temporarily hide the PS3 hotbar on screen,so i can maybe see some more,especially when all i do anyway is spam a few moves

last night after the Japanese thing and before i logged out,my sound screwed up,all i could hear was music,no effects..however my PS3 had been on for roughly 14+hrs straight at that point,and its a Phatty,which means thats roughly the longest its been on for any one time,LOL

Videmon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 07, 2013, 10:02:57 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on July 07, 2013, 09:20:49 AM

That third dungeon was a good dungeon until the end bad guy,because he is massive,the camera tilts so i can't see a pissing thing going on

If you hold down the L1 button on the PS3 controller and pull back or forward on the (I'm saying right but might be left) joystick you can zoom in and out. Should help you see more of the battlefield.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: July 07, 2013, 10:59:20 AM »

Quote from: Videmon on July 07, 2013, 10:02:57 AM

That third dungeon was a good dungeon until the end bad guy,because he is massive,the camera tilts so i can't see a pissing thing going on

If you hold down the L1 button on the PS3 controller and pull back or forward on the (I'm saying right but might be left) joystick you can zoom in and out. Should help you see more of the battlefield.

I will try that next time,thanks

Also not keen on how you can only tilt the camera so far left and right when in a fight,as Tank my job is to get the enemies on me...but if there are more than one enemy,i need to keep an eye on the others if they are all not on me,so i always try and look behind me to see what they are up to,whether i am close enough to flash that will distract them from whatever they are doing,the map doesn't work well for this as i can't tell if i am close enough to the enemy or whether the enemy is facing my way

As a tank,i have to keep an eye on the enemy i am fighting,flashing when he gets bored of me,keep an eye on party members health,if it starts going down then i need to distract the enemies away from the other party members and also keep an eye on the map because of the camera i need to watch the map to make sure no enemies are someplace i don't know about

However,i was level 20 when i did that last dungeon,and i get Aggro at level 22,which may be a better action to use than Flash,so may wait until i am 22 as well to reattempt that dungeon

One instance was i was fighting a badguy and i noticed that a party member's health was going down,and i saw that he was fighting,so i cancelled my fight with the one i was fighting,turned around to fight the guy who is attacking the party member and when i select the enemy it turns me around and selects the bad guy i had just been fighting..he wasn't selected,and i wasn't facing him..that was annoying

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 07, 2013, 05:05:22 PM »

So how many of you played SWG?...I remember being in my speeder tooting along Tatooine and seeing houses right in the middle of nowhere where people had put them up...I've not been in that many MMO's to know whether this is the norm for most MMO's

why do i bring this up?

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/446/feature/7505

Our discussion then moved onto housing. Square Enix is kicking it a bit old school with housing in Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. Instead of using the typical instanced housing we’ve been seeing in recent years, FFXIV: ARR will actually have entire open world areas dedicated to supporting player houses and players will be able to buy plots of land where they can then build their houses, decorate them both indoors and out, and even grow things in their yards. It’s important to note that housing won’t be available in FFXIV at launch, but is slated to be included in a forthcoming update shortly thereafter. We’re told that players probably won’t mind this, as they will need all the additional time to earn enough Gil to purchase their land and such.

I looked up that page,because someone said that Week 5 of Phase 3 of the beta will happen next week and they will introduce housing

I had no idea what they meant so looked it up and found that page..no confirmation though that it will be available next weekend,especially when that quote says it may not be available for launch

not sure how i feel having the scenery ruined by shitholes people have constructed,LOL

Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 08, 2013, 01:37:43 AM »

Yeah, self placed housing is a terrible idea. In Ultima Online it just made the world look terrible as everyone tried to fit houses in to the designated zones where they ended up being right on top of one another. Or tents would be in odd areas in the housing areas in towns. Really ruined the look of the game. I also recall issues with the housing areas where a house would be over a monster spawn point and so the monsters would be trapped in the homes. This was a PITA since monsters were so few an far between, particularly the easy monsters to kill.
Videmon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 08, 2013, 07:17:40 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on July 07, 2013, 10:59:20 AM

Quote from: Videmon on July 07, 2013, 10:02:57 AM

I will try that next time,thanks

Also not keen on how you can only tilt the camera so far left and right when in a fight,as Tank my job is to get the enemies on me...but if there are more than one enemy,i need to keep an eye on the others if they are all not on me,so i always try and look behind me to see what they are up to,whether i am close enough to flash that will distract them from whatever they are doing,the map doesn't work well for this as i can't tell if i am close enough to the enemy or whether the enemy is facing my way

As a tank,i have to keep an eye on the enemy i am fighting,flashing when he gets bored of me,keep an eye on party members health,if it starts going down then i need to distract the enemies away from the other party members and also keep an eye on the map because of the camera i need to watch the map to make sure no enemies are someplace i don't know about

However,i was level 20 when i did that last dungeon,and i get Aggro at level 22,which may be a better action to use than Flash,so may wait until i am 22 as well to reattempt that dungeon

One instance was i was fighting a badguy and i noticed that a party member's health was going down,and i saw that he was fighting,so i cancelled my fight with the one i was fighting,turned around to fight the guy who is attacking the party member and when i select the enemy it turns me around and selects the bad guy i had just been fighting..he wasn't selected,and i wasn't facing him..that was annoying

The zoom should help with this as well since you can pull pretty far back you will be able to see a lot of the landscape around you so you can keep an eye on all your party members that are within range of your fighting.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 08, 2013, 10:32:43 AM »

last part of Phase 3 beta starts this Wednesday and finishes the following Monday!!!,(no mention of housing though)..Hurrah,next Sunday won't be boring as hell!!

Thank you for your participation in the beta test for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

The testing schedule is detailed below.

Dates and Times
July 10, 2013 (Wednesday), 2:00 a.m. to July 15 (Monday), 2:00 a.m. (PDT)
July 10, 2013 (Wednesday), 9:00 a.m. to July 15 (Monday), 9:00 a.m. (GMT)
* Beta test phase 3 will conclude on Monday, July 15th. The beta test phase 4 schedule will be announced at a later time.

* Testing of the new Lodestone will conclude on Wednesday, July 17th at 2:00 a.m. (PDT) / 9:00 a.m.(GMT). Please note that the new Lodestone will be inaccessible when testing has ended.

Testing Requests
-Prolonged server stability test
-Stress Testing on the Duty Finder
-Transferring character data from Version 1.0
-Basic functions of the PlayStation 3 version
-Check for server stress due to battle system revisions

Character Data From Beta Test Phase 3
All character data will be deleted at the end of beta test phase 3. Although character data from Version 1.0 will also be deleted, data from the final save on October 31, 2012 will be transferred again at the beginning of beta test phase 4.

The Beta Test Phase 3 Client
The client for beta test phase 3 cannot be used for beta test phase 4 or official service. Please delete the client at the end of this beta test phase.

Character Appearance Data
Character appearance data saved during beta test phase 3 can be used when creating a character during beta test phase 4 and official service. Those who wish to use their appearance data should not delete the following folder:

Windows: My Documents -> My Games -> FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn (Beta Version)

PlayStation®3: (From "XMB") Game → Saved Data Utility (PS3TM)
* Save data cannot be used after phase 4, and can safely be deleted.
Linking Square Enix Accounts to Sony Entertainment Network Accounts
Square Enix accounts linked to Sony Entertainment Network accounts during beta test phase 3 will be unlinked at the end of testing.
Beta Test Phase 4
Details on the beta test phase 4 schedule, testing scope, and client will be announced at a later time.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: