http://gamingtrend.com
April 21, 2014, 03:14:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 28   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PC/PS3] Final Fantasy XIV (Characters/Servers in first post)  (Read 32901 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #920 on: September 05, 2013, 11:15:07 AM »

Hero Shot icon_biggrin

I honestly hope that PC players have better Lens Flare,i tried taking pictures trying to capture it,but on the PS3 its just a column of green light no matter how much you turn and twist the camera,thats all it ever is

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #921 on: September 05, 2013, 11:57:39 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 05, 2013, 08:30:59 AM

Quote from: Razgon on September 05, 2013, 06:04:09 AM

Quote from: Gratch on September 05, 2013, 03:28:39 AM

Those who have run the Ifrit dungeon (is it a dungeon, or just a boss fight?)...how long does it take to complete?  Login issues aside,  I've had a couple 30 minute sessions available but didn't want to jump in in case I couldn't finish it. 

If you know what to do, it'll take about 10 minutes to do the actual dungeon. (Hint: HIT the thingie that comes up in the middle of the fight, or you will all die)

The Danish Bacon Razzles is correct,the Nail pops up through the ground half way through the fight,switch to that destroy that then switch back....surprisingly easy boss fight,but so very very awesome,but then again Ifrit always likes to put on a show in these games

It's not even really a dungeon,it's more a cutscene with a boss fight,and yeah you get 90 minutes to complete it,but you only need 10

Thanks.  I'd been putting it off because the 90 minutes deadline made it seem like it would be a rather extensive dungeon/battle.  Glad to hear it's not.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #922 on: September 05, 2013, 01:54:00 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 05, 2013, 02:53:55 AM

is it sad I just spent a half hour in the marketplace trying to coordinate an outfit that looks good, and even took a hit of a couple of defense points to do so?

Yes, absolutely.

On the stability front, I was able to log in 3 times yesterday with no waiting or errors. I also decided to just stick with the server I am on and if eventually there is an opportunity to move somewhere that has people with names I would recognize, I will do that. I know people on about 7 different servers now, but GT has the most concentrated mass (did I just call you fat?).

One of these days I may possibly join a group.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Videmon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #923 on: September 05, 2013, 05:39:58 PM »

I believe some time in mid September they are going to open up world transfers. I think it may cost a small fee though, not sure.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #924 on: September 05, 2013, 07:09:25 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on September 05, 2013, 06:04:09 AM

Quote from: Gratch on September 05, 2013, 03:28:39 AM

Those who have run the Ifrit dungeon (is it a dungeon, or just a boss fight?)...how long does it take to complete?  Login issues aside,  I've had a couple 30 minute sessions available but didn't want to jump in in case I couldn't finish it. 

If you know what to do, it'll take about 10 minutes to do the actual dungeon. (Hint: HIT the thingie that comes up in the middle of the fight, or you will all die)

and it probably takes an hour to get into the 10 minute fight.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #925 on: September 05, 2013, 07:09:56 PM »

Quote from: coopasonic on September 05, 2013, 01:54:00 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on September 05, 2013, 02:53:55 AM

is it sad I just spent a half hour in the marketplace trying to coordinate an outfit that looks good, and even took a hit of a couple of defense points to do so?

Yes, absolutely.

but I look pretty!

Because I can,
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #926 on: September 05, 2013, 09:12:06 PM »

I've always felt the FF series was for younger kids. I have never played a Final Fantasy game, never been interested until this one.

I know you can't escape the mouthy types in MMO's...Yep, my ignore file is usually large, and most of the time I closed down general chat.

But is the player base of this game different from the normal bunch? I still think the game looks cartoony and care-bear like. But what's got my interest is how deep this game seems to be.

Grace: Unmerited favor.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #927 on: September 05, 2013, 11:19:11 PM »

a plea for better cat butts has been issued.

while they're at it I think they need to ask for a twerking emote, just so if I ever run into Gratch while he is AFK I can take some fun screenshots.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #928 on: September 06, 2013, 12:14:13 AM »

finally got to fight Diablo Ifrit, I think it took about 15 minutes but only because no one called out that certain thingie the first time around.  totally missed it myself, I was too busy running around avoiding the area attacks, and then our tank went down and Diablo Ifrit focused on me.  at that point us left standing got nailed.

Because I can,
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #929 on: September 06, 2013, 12:16:09 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 05, 2013, 11:19:11 PM

while they're at it I think they need to ask for a twerking emote, just so if I ever run into Gratch while he is AFK I can take some fun screenshots.
They were inspired by Miley Cyrus?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #930 on: September 06, 2013, 12:19:56 AM »

Quote from: Roguetad on September 06, 2013, 12:16:09 AM

They were inspired by Miley Cyrus?

maybe Miley Cyrus was inspired by them... early access was on the 24th, and the VMA's were on the 25th.

Because I can,
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #931 on: September 06, 2013, 12:31:53 AM »

I like big tails, and I cannot lie/
You other Hyurs can't deny/
That when a Miqo'te walks in with an itty bitty waist/
And a long tail in your face you get...

CHOCOBO!!!!  

YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #932 on: September 06, 2013, 02:46:03 AM »

I've always felt the FF series was for younger kids. I have never played a Final Fantasy game, never been interested until this one.

They're definitely not for kids. Kids don't have the attention span to sit through that many cutscenes.  icon_biggrin
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #933 on: September 06, 2013, 03:03:03 AM »

Quote from: YellowKing on September 06, 2013, 02:46:03 AM

They're definitely not for kids. Kids don't have the attention span to sit through that many cutscenes.  icon_biggrin

icon_lol Yeah, the series of cutscenes required to progress after the Ifrit battle is stretching even my patience, and I have a really high tolerance for FF cutscenes.

Still, I really enjoy the fact that they're actually taking the time to tell a story, rather than just running from one quest marker to the next like most MMOs.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #934 on: September 06, 2013, 09:34:35 AM »

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/6834cd241347f11e9162ddc05d4df85cce0a1fff

09/06/2013 10:04 AM
Regarding RMT Advertisements
Having confirmed in-game advertisements for RMT* sites, we have taken the following actions to address this issue.
*RMT (Real Money Trade) is selling account or game data with actual currency in the real world.

Period: Aug. 24, 2013 to Sep. 5, 2013
-Accounts receiving disciplinary action for RMT advertisement: 518 Accounts -Action Details: Permanent ban from FINAL FANTASY XIV

In addition to chat filters, we will continue to address RMT activity through cooperation with our GM teams and STF (Special Task Force). If you are solicited by an RMT company in-game, please do not respond.

Among the accounts banned during our investigation, we have confirmed that many of these accounts were hacked. In order to protect your information, we please ask that you protect your Square Enix Account information. We also strongly recommend using the Square Enix Security Token to increase account protection.
For more information about the Security Token: http://sqex.to/o8p

When you see an RMT advertisement, please file a report by using the in-game command [System Menu] -> [Support Desk] -> [Contact Us] -> [Report Cheating].

*What is a STF (Special Task Force)
STF is a special team that eliminates any cheats or actions that would have a negative impact on FINAL FANTASY XIV, and aim for the safety of the community and maintain the play environment. More specifically, they control issues related to RMT or use of outside programs that are not part of the GM's control. Information gathered and confirmed in game by the GMs will be analyzed by the STF and will be applied to the countermeasures against cheats and RMT actions.

I have already reported one guy,who was sending me tells with his gilfarming site details....i tried to look the player up so i could block him and apparently he didn't exist.but when i did a normal player search he was right there in Ul'Dah

and blacklisted about 6 players up to now with their gilfarming site advertisements

So i am glad that they are at least aware of this and starting to do something about it

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #935 on: September 06, 2013, 11:06:05 AM »

details on Remote Play

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #936 on: September 06, 2013, 11:19:37 AM »

too. many.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #937 on: September 06, 2013, 11:20:06 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 06, 2013, 11:06:05 AM

sweet.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #938 on: September 06, 2013, 12:04:30 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 06, 2013, 11:19:37 AM

too. many.

I dunno where you guys are coming from...i must of put about 60-70hrs into this up to now,and willing to bet that not even 1hr has been used up of cutscenes Tongue

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #939 on: September 06, 2013, 12:41:21 PM »

couple of weeks old and hopefully hasn't been posted already,but good to hear of their plans for the game

past,present and future of FF14:ARR

PSB: How regularly do you plan to update A Realm Reborn, and what sort of content can we expect?

Yoshida: We’re planning on doing a major update every three months once the game has been released, and continuously adding large-scale content. Ongoing support for the game will be included in the monthly subscription.

We’ve already begun work on the first update that is currently called patch 2.1 and will introduce a large-scale housing system, as well as “The Wolves’ Den” — the first ever PvP content in the series. Furthermore, the update will include new dungeons, a new daily quest system, new Primal battles, extensions to the main story, and loads of other new content to enjoy.

There will be a significant update every three months, so everyone will be able to continue enjoying the game for a very long time! Of course we also have long-term plans to release full expansion packs, so watch out for future updates on those, too.

more in the link

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #940 on: September 06, 2013, 12:58:22 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 06, 2013, 12:04:30 PM

too. many.

I dunno where you guys are coming from...i must of put about 60-70hrs into this up to now,and willing to bet that not even 1hr has been used up of cutscenes Tongue

Are you skipping them?   There's at least 30 minutes right after the Ifrit battle by itself...not to mention anything of the intro, the whole bit when you join the Seven Scions, the long SNAAAAAAAAKE cutscene, etc.  And that's just through level 20.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #941 on: September 06, 2013, 03:21:56 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on September 06, 2013, 12:58:22 PM

too. many.

Are you skipping them?   There's at least 30 minutes right after the Ifrit battle by itself...not to mention anything of the intro, the whole bit when you join the Seven Scions, the long SNAAAAAAAAKE cutscene, etc.  And that's just through level 20.

not to mention after the Guardian Tree.

Because I can,
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #942 on: September 06, 2013, 06:15:02 PM »

And the game crashes every time I use the duty finder now! YAY!

A new one
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #943 on: September 06, 2013, 06:39:56 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on September 06, 2013, 06:15:02 PM

And the game crashes every time I use the duty finder now! YAY!

Well that's easy enough just don't use the... oh... nevermind.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #944 on: September 06, 2013, 06:42:39 PM »

Any news you in-game folks have heard concerning digital downloads being released again?
I don't live in a big city area, a town of about 18k. So even the local EB and Future shop are sold out
and don't know when they're getting more.

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #945 on: September 06, 2013, 06:43:27 PM »

Yeah...its not good. I also noticed that today they stopped allowing character creation AGAIN on most of the servers. And there's also 3 notices about Japaneese servers having server issues. Frankly, while the game is good, its not that good.Im beginning to loose my interest.

A new one
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #946 on: September 06, 2013, 06:46:32 PM »

was looking around the FF14 site last night, as discovered Minions has a forum.  I deflowered it.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #947 on: September 06, 2013, 08:34:13 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on September 06, 2013, 12:58:22 PM

too. many.

30 minutes,were you pressing the button to actually advance the text after they spoke? both about 10 minutes long Tongue

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #948 on: September 06, 2013, 10:27:52 PM »

they were longer than 10 minutes, especially with all the dramatic posing.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #949 on: September 07, 2013, 05:14:13 PM »

Good job its the Twin Adders at Gridania...and not say..Viper paranoid

"I am not a crook"

why you running away then so i can't take a decent picture of you???
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 05:25:19 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #950 on: September 07, 2013, 05:19:03 PM »

Just testing
The sunrise at Costa Del Sol

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #951 on: September 07, 2013, 05:23:41 PM »

Been explorin'!

Colder than a Chocobos ass

I was well in late 40s territory here,so didn't have time to hide the HUD(which i have resized by the way)

Yeah,no idea where i am here either,i did come out i think at Northern Thanalan eventually

yeah i don't know where i am again here..on a roof?

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #952 on: September 07, 2013, 07:38:32 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 07, 2013, 05:14:13 PM

Good job its the Twin Adders at Gridania...and not say..Viper paranoid

"I am not a crook"

why you running away then so i can't take a decent picture of you???

icon_lol

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #953 on: September 07, 2013, 07:38:49 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 07, 2013, 05:19:03 PM

Just testing
The sunrise at Costa Del Sol

nice!

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #954 on: September 07, 2013, 07:39:17 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 07, 2013, 05:23:41 PM

Colder than a Chocobos ass

winter is coming.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #955 on: September 07, 2013, 09:17:12 PM »

Just setup my first Macro

/ac "Fast Blade"
/wait 3
/ac "Savage Blade"
/wait 3
/ac "Rage of Halone"

Rage of Halone when chained lastly is more devastating,so instead of pressing Fast Blade then Savage Blade and then that,i now use this one to chain the three together,its early yet so still trying it out,if i feel happy with it like this i will try other things

this of course frees up space on my hotbar

Made Paladin today

The last Gladiator quest was a complete bitch,but thankfully got it done

Do you get a 'fail' buff if you fail a certain mission a few times??,on that mission that i must of failed about half a dozen times,when i did pass it i noticed i had a buff at the top and my health was twice as much

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #956 on: September 07, 2013, 09:41:28 PM »

oh yeah, macros.  should look at those.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #957 on: September 08, 2013, 01:26:06 AM »

Okay,these are Cactuars Bots

they always hang out at Highbridge in Eastern Thanalan

What used to happen a few days ago,is they used to be in a bunch automatically killing anything that came their way,eventually they would die,and be dead in a group ..for days on end!

now they have improved their little plan

What they do they stick together,auto buffs and auto attack when something gets close,once they have killed everything in that small area...

They all warp together to an area just a few feet away where the next lot of enemies are(you can see on the minimap in these pictures,just how far away they warp to the next lot of enemies)

sometimes one or two of them will die,when that happens they immediately warp..and then warp back with the group
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 01:27:55 AM by metallicorphan » Logged

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #958 on: September 08, 2013, 01:31:16 AM »

I jumped off this tower after i took this picture,the good thing is that if you are on your bird,you lose all your health,but don't die

Costa Del Sol from the cliff top where i finished a mission

Can't remember where this was now,but you take that Ferry and end up at Costa Del Sol(The Jungles are in this area)

Nothing much to see here really,this little guy ran up next to me while i was talking to an NPC,he made me laugh,so i took his pic Tongue

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #959 on: September 08, 2013, 01:33:19 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 08, 2013, 01:26:06 AM

Okay,these are Cactuars Bots
  damn bots.

Because I can,
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 28   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: