http://gamingtrend.com
July 29, 2014, 03:10:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PC/PS3] Final Fantasy XIV (Characters/Servers in first post)  (Read 38713 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: August 25, 2013, 01:15:12 AM »

oh...and it still costs $20 more??

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: August 25, 2013, 01:21:24 AM »

yep.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #562 on: August 25, 2013, 04:02:19 AM »

I'm Khephram Harbinger, Pugilist on Coeurl. Tried a Thaumaturge but he wasn't my thing (I generally don't play mages and it seemed like they cast sloooooow). The Pugilist is fun, as is my Marauder on the same server (Alastor Harbinger).

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: August 25, 2013, 04:40:09 AM »

I've started listing characters and severs in the original post, take a look and shout out your character's info again if I miss it while digging through the thread.  I figure there won't be a big enough group playing to warrant a dedicated thread.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 04:58:26 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #564 on: August 25, 2013, 05:02:46 AM »

Still can't get the Tam Tara Deepcroft instance to run through the Duty Finder, but it wasn't all bad.  Got my CNJ up to 11 while I was waiting to get put into a group (waited for 80 minutes, then just withdrew the quest).  I figure a tank/healer combo will come in handy for group invites since it seems like everyone is playing DPS.  Hoping I can get into the TTD dungeon tomorrow and continue the main quest.  If not, I'll be stuck doing a boatload of Levequests to get up to lvl 20 so I can continue my Maurader class quest.  Blech.

BTW, I love how you get a huge XP bonus when starting a new level.  Only took me about 90 minutes to get my Conjurer up to 11.   thumbsup

The only bad part about being in the beta is that I'm now playing through the Gridania area quests for the fourth time, and they're getting kinda tiresome. 

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #565 on: August 25, 2013, 05:03:53 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 25, 2013, 04:40:09 AM

I've started listing characters and severs in the original post, take a look and shout out your character's info again if I miss it while digging through the thread.  I figure there won't be a big enough group playing to warrant a dedicated thread.

What, too cool to put yourself in the list? Tongue

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: August 25, 2013, 05:19:53 AM »

Quote from: Gratch on August 25, 2013, 05:03:53 AM

Quote from: CeeKay on August 25, 2013, 04:40:09 AM

What, too cool to put yourself in the list? Tongue

icon_lol

I still haven't bought the full game; was going to do early access but school stuff is going to be eating up a good portion of the next few days, doubt I'll get to fire up a game at all tomorrow or Monday.

besides, I can't remember what server I starter my characters on for the open beta.  not sure I can take 3-4 more sidequests of killing squirrels right away smile

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #567 on: August 25, 2013, 07:08:52 AM »

Gratch-CNJ at level 12 gets Raise!!

and just to spoil the trend CK,my server is Cactuar icon_biggrin

Quote from: Gratch on August 25, 2013, 05:02:46 AM

BTW, I love how you get a huge XP bonus when starting a new level.  Only took me about 90 minutes to get my Conjurer up to 11.   thumbsup

what do you mean new level?...the only XP bonus i get is making chains of fighting the same monsters,i love the hunting log,that can squeeze a lot of XP for your new class/job
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 07:10:47 AM by metallicorphan » Logged

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: August 25, 2013, 07:28:25 AM »

well i didn't play at all last night,thought i would give them a chance to sort their shit out as i knew another maintenance downtime would be needed

woke up early to play...and
[EU] All Worlds Emergency Maintenance (Aug. 25)
At the following time, we will be performing emergency maintenance on all Worlds. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will be unavailable.

*Please refer to the link below for details regarding the maintenance.
http://sqex.to/iNj

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

[Date & Time]
Aug. 25, 2013 from 7:00 to 10:00 (GMT)

* The completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Service]
- FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn

so according to that it will be down for another 2 and a half hours icon_cry

this is what that link...links to
[EU] Action Taken Towards Instances Issue (Aug. 25)
Hello, this is FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Producer and Director, Yoshida.

Thank you for your cooperation on the multiple maintenance correspondence.

With the 2 maintenance that was implemented with the NA/EU Data Center, we have resolved the 90000 error origin and corresponding characters. For the few reports that have been sent after the maintenance, it seems like it is a separate issue, and we will be working on them individually. Thank you for your cooperation with the maintenance.

And we are also currently working on the an even better way to optimize the heavy load of simultaneous access, heavy load on matching and the matching server features for Duty Finder.

Since it is hard to implement them during peak hours and that it might make the matters worse, we are carefully deciding when to do it.

So at 7:00 (GMT), we will be implementing a maintenance to optimize the NA/EU Data Centers. At the same time, we will be implementing all the fixes done for the NA/EU Data Centers to the JP Data Center, so a maintenance will be done on the JP Data Centers to get a smoother optimization.

We apologise for the inconvenience that this is causing everyone, but we please ask for continued cooperation for an overall stable environment. The Development and Support Team will continue to work hard for smoother play to our customers, and we thank you for understanding and for your cooperation.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 07:33:25 AM by metallicorphan » Logged

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: August 25, 2013, 08:00:08 AM »

Seems more people are angrier than me

FFXIV_NEWS_EN ‏@FFXIV_NEWS_EN 1h
General: [NA] Login Limitation After Emergency Maintenance (Aug. 24) http://sqex.to/hRS   #FFXIV

Trevor Baldwin ‏@s_dubz_diego 19m
@FFXIV_NEWS_EN sinking ship? I've had fun but I've seen monkey's shit in a zoo more organized

icon_lol

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #570 on: August 25, 2013, 08:02:27 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on August 25, 2013, 08:00:08 AM

Seems more people are angrier than me

FFXIV_NEWS_EN ‏@FFXIV_NEWS_EN 1h
General: [NA] Login Limitation After Emergency Maintenance (Aug. 24) http://sqex.to/hRS   #FFXIV

Trevor Baldwin ‏@s_dubz_diego 19m
@FFXIV_NEWS_EN sinking ship? I've had fun but I've seen monkey's shit in a zoo more organized

icon_lol

icon_lol

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #571 on: August 25, 2013, 08:02:33 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on August 25, 2013, 07:08:52 AM

gotcha.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #572 on: August 25, 2013, 08:02:42 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on August 25, 2013, 07:28:25 AM

ouch.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #573 on: August 25, 2013, 08:28:15 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 25, 2013, 08:02:42 AM

Quote from: metallicorphan on August 25, 2013, 07:28:25 AM

ouch.

Just like yesterdays two maintenances,the servers have started to come back up now(nearly 2 hrs before they were due)
http://arrstatus.com/

However,after yesterdays maintenances when they came back early,the duty thing and instances were still broke

instead of all this downtime here and there,i would rather they took the whole thing down for a day and get to the heart of the problem

sure i am upset that its over our early access time,but rather have a fixed game than a broke one

and if it really is the problem of too many people logged on at once,then Tuesdays launch day ain't gonna help the matter

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #574 on: August 25, 2013, 08:28:20 AM »

POT!

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #575 on: August 25, 2013, 08:29:44 AM »

what?...all i see is knickers and arse bulge paranoid

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #576 on: August 25, 2013, 08:30:47 AM »

icon_lol

didn't say 'honeypot' biggrin

Because I can,
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #577 on: August 25, 2013, 08:35:31 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on August 25, 2013, 07:08:52 AM

Quote from: Gratch on August 25, 2013, 05:02:46 AM

what do you mean new level?...the only XP bonus i get is making chains of fighting the same monsters,i love the hunting log,that can squeeze a lot of XP for your new class/job

Sorry, meant to say new class not new level.

When you start a new class, the game gives you a huge boost to XP from mobs so you level up faster (quest XP stays the same).  The bonus tapers off the closer you get to your highest class' level.  It's a great way to take some of the grind out of starting over at level 1.

YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #578 on: August 25, 2013, 12:19:54 PM »

Some of these people don't know what a broken MMO launch is. I couldn't log into EverQuest for DAYS when it came out. Anarchy Online was nearly unplayable for days on end. Back in the early days of MMOs, it was normal for the game to be pretty much broken for at least the full launch week. Yeah, I know that by now developers should have their act together, but I do have to laugh when people are acting like it's the end of the world when an instance server is down.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #579 on: August 25, 2013, 02:47:28 PM »

yeah bully for those other MMO's I couldn't give two shits about them

all i know is that i can't play this,if i couldn't play those when i wanted i would be complaining about them as well

but do make sure you keep feeling as though you are higher than us YK finger

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #580 on: August 25, 2013, 03:04:59 PM »

Wow MO, that seems totally uncalled for.

Being relatively new to MMOs, I'm used to smoother launches.  It seems doubly odd that they're having these issues, given the extensive beta testing they did.  In the grand scheme of things, however, it's more of an annoyance rather than something I'm actually going to get pissed off about.  I'm really just bugged because I have such small windows to play and its been down through lots of them. 

It's not all bad though.  The borked instances allowed me to try a class I've never tried in an MMO before (healer), which is kind of cool.  smile

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #581 on: August 25, 2013, 03:18:01 PM »

I find myself slightly interested in this - How is the classes and how do you level up? Do you assign skills yourself? Does each type of class have more on that one type of weapon, armor and the like they can use? As in, how much can you tweak and costumize your character, and how unique will he be compared to another at the same level?
At one of the spectrum we have DDO, where a lvl4 wizard can be costumized in 10 million different ways, and at the other end we have Neverwinter, where every damn character is an EXACT copy of any other at the same level, even down to how it looks.

edit: Also, is there any kind of exploration in it, or are the maps as linear as in Starwars the old republic?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 03:19:40 PM by Razgon » Logged

A new one
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #582 on: August 25, 2013, 03:19:05 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on August 25, 2013, 03:04:59 PM

Wow MO, that seems totally uncalled for.

not really

people can't play the game they bought...why should that be a laughing matter at people complaining about it?,it's people like YK that piss me off thinking they know best just because they have played other MMOs

Videmon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #583 on: August 25, 2013, 03:19:47 PM »

If I ever get back on (having the 90000 login error and a 10102 error this morning) I'll gladly give you a hand at tan tam or whatever that dungeon is. I have a friend who can tank and if our other buddy is on he's a conj so we just need you to go as DD.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #584 on: August 25, 2013, 03:27:17 PM »

Maintenance announced for the next two hours

Videmon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #585 on: August 25, 2013, 03:31:20 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on August 25, 2013, 03:18:01 PM

I find myself slightly interested in this - How is the classes and how do you level up? Do you assign skills yourself? Does each type of class have more on that one type of weapon, armor and the like they can use? As in, how much can you tweak and costumize your character, and how unique will he be compared to another at the same level?

edit: Also, is there any kind of exploration in it, or are the maps as linear as in Starwars the old republic?

There is a little bit of customization in the early going. As you level up you can choose skills from the other classes to put on your character as you unlock them. For example, as a lvl 23 archer I can choose 4 (or 5 can't remember) skills from the other classes. So I can have a cure spell from conj, crit hit % boost from pug, evasion boost from pug, an attack that causes slow to the target from lancer and so on. Not all abilities are unlockable for every job. I mean I can't use lightning from thaum for archer.

You level up by equipping the main weapon of the class and going and doing quests or killing things. So for archer you have a bow and your turn into an archer. After you unlock the other classes (hitting level 10 in your main class then going to the guilds to unlock the others) you just switch to their weapon (lance for lancer) and off you go.

They do have class specific gear as well as race specific. You can change the color of the gear using dyes as well. They have metal gear, leather gear as well as cloth gear. Early on most seem the same other than color. As you progress you see a little more variety. The rare gear dropped from duty seems to have some decent detail to separate them from the early gear.

As for exploration, you do have maps but you have to find the new areas to unlock the maps so to speak. Your map will originally be blank except for names and quest markers. When you enter a new portion of the map you gain experience for discovering a new area and that part of the map becomes visible.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #586 on: August 25, 2013, 03:34:32 PM »

Very nice, Thanks Videmon.

About exploration, I was merely curious as to whether everyone got through the exact same places, or whether going off the beaten track was actually meaningfull and fun? GuildWars 2 has tons of exploration stuff, as an example.

A new one
faide
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #587 on: August 25, 2013, 03:35:08 PM »

So much for an early start.  Everytime my wife and I log on to play they announce maintenance and we have to get right back off.  

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #588 on: August 25, 2013, 03:40:10 PM »

Oh, one more question - As for combat - Is it the oldstyle where you stand still and press button 1,2,3,1,2,1,2 or does movement play a role? Again, I use GW2 as an example where movement does play a role and say WoW where it doesnt.

A new one
Videmon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #589 on: August 25, 2013, 04:14:56 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on August 25, 2013, 03:34:32 PM

Very nice, Thanks Videmon.

About exploration, I was merely curious as to whether everyone got through the exact same places, or whether going off the beaten track was actually meaningfull and fun? GuildWars 2 has tons of exploration stuff, as an example.

Other than the exp bonus for finding it and the nice scenery for now exploration is pretty much just if you want those things. If they make it like 11 some places might have rare bosses that you will need to go to for group battles. I can't really say right now as I've only explored a little and its just to see the sights.

As for battles, it is not static. Moving does help out quite a bit. Certain mobs have area of effect damage that you can avoid by moving out of the way (some is cone shaped and hits only in front of the mob and some is circular). I play archer a lot and you can shoot while moving so always being on the move solo helps quite a bit if you can put some distance between yourself and the monster. You do have to be aware of your surrounds though as some mobs can aggro while you are moving, also if you move out of a certain "zone" the monster you are trying to kill will "give up" and become invincible to damage and head back to its starting point. In party battles the tank does most of the moving, avoiding aoe damage and what not, so I do move a lot less in party battles.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #590 on: August 25, 2013, 04:34:39 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on August 25, 2013, 03:40:10 PM

Oh, one more question - As for combat - Is it the oldstyle where you stand still and press button 1,2,3,1,2,1,2 or does movement play a role? Again, I use GW2 as an example where movement does play a role and say WoW where it doesnt.

FF XIV is somewhere between the two.  It's probably most similar to Neverwinter, where you see an enemy's zone of attack and have the ability to move out of the way, but most combat still boils down to a standard rotation.  Not sure if/how much positioning plays a role (i.e. attacking from the side or rear)...if it does, I haven't really been able to tell.

As Videmon said, there's lots of beautiful sights, but no collectables (i.e. vistas, points of interest, etc.) like you have in GW2.

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #591 on: August 25, 2013, 04:38:51 PM »

Thanks guys - I'm not so interested in collectibles, but I do like to go off the beaten track once in a while. It also serves as a nice way to suspend disblelief, that not everyone is following the yellow line to progress :-)

A new one
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #592 on: August 25, 2013, 04:46:48 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on August 25, 2013, 04:38:51 PM

Thanks guys - I'm not so interested in collectibles, but I do like to go off the beaten track once in a while. It also serves as a nice way to suspend disblelief, that not everyone is following the yellow line to progress :-)

forget all that...

you can go fishing Tongue

someone got the retail version,and were somehow able to get the Trophy List out of it

they don't seem that hard....just time consuming

Spoiler for Hiden:
A Realm Restored   
Obtain all available FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn trophies

To Crush Your Enemy   
Defeat your first enemy.   

To Crush 10,000 Enemies   
Defeat 10,000 enemies.   

Page One   
Complete your first quest.   

Warrior of Light   
Complete the main scenario.   

An Adventurer's Duty   
Complete your first levequest.   

An Adventurer's Life   
Complete 1,000 levequests.   

For Glory   
Complete your first guildhest.   

For the Realm   
Complete 100 guildhests.   

Meddler in Materia   
Successfully affix materia to an item.

Master of Materia   
Successfully affix 100 materia.   

Dabbler in Carpentry   
Synthesize an item as a carpenter.   

One with Wood   
Synthesize 1,000 items as a carpenter.   

Dabbler in Smithing   
Synthesize an item as a blacksmith.   

One with Steel   
Synthesize 1,000 items as a blacksmith.   

Dabbler in Armorcraft   
Synthesize an item as an armorer.   

One with Mail   
Synthesize 1,000 items as an armorer.   

Dabbler in Goldsmithing   
Synthesize an item as a goldsmith.   

One with Gold   
Synthesize 1,000 items as a goldsmith.   

Dabbler in Tanning   
Synthesize an item as a leatherworker.   

One with Leather   
Synthesize 1,000 items as a leatherworker.   

Dabbler in Clothcraft   
Synthesize an item as a weaver.   

One with Wool   
Synthesize 1,000 items as a weaver.   

Dabbler in Alchemy   
Synthesize an item as an alchemist.   

One with Ether   
Synthesize 1,000 items as an alchemist.

Dabbler in Cooking   
Synthesize an item as a culinarian.   

One with Food   
Synthesize 1,000 items as a culinarian.   

Swing of the Axe   
Mine a mineral deposit.   

Veteran Miner   
Mine 1,000 mineral deposits.   

Swing of the Hatchet   
Log at a mature tree.   

Veteran Logger   
Log at 1,000 mature trees.   

Swing of the Rod   
Fish with your own rod and bait.   

Veteran Fisher   
Fish 1,000 times.   

In and Out   
Clear your first instanced raid.   

Repeat Offender   
Clear 100 instanced raids.   

Seeker of Truth   
Clear the Binding Coil.   

Slay Thy Neighbor   
Participate in PvP.   

Destiny's Child   
Join a FATE.   

Destiny's   
Complete 1,000 FATEs.

Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #593 on: August 25, 2013, 04:51:45 PM »

Do the dungeons in this game scale to the party #? Basically have a group of 3 I play with and typically we just go through the dungeons without pick up members. Would these dungeons scale to the group or is a full group pretty much a necessity?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #594 on: August 25, 2013, 04:52:08 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on August 25, 2013, 08:35:31 AM

When you start a new class, the game gives you a huge boost to XP from mobs so you level up faster (quest XP stays the same).  The bonus tapers off the closer you get to your highest class' level.  It's a great way to take some of the grind out of starting over at level 1.

that sounds really frackin' awesome.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #595 on: August 25, 2013, 04:52:35 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on August 25, 2013, 03:27:17 PM

Maintenance announced for the next two hours

take a shot.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #596 on: August 25, 2013, 04:54:31 PM »

in a way YK does have a point, most MMO's launches are completely broken for the first few days.  it's so common that at this point it's laughable.

Because I can,
Videmon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #597 on: August 25, 2013, 04:54:40 PM »

Quote from: Crawley on August 25, 2013, 04:51:45 PM

Do the dungeons in this game scale to the party #? Basically have a group of 3 I play with and typically we just go through the dungeons without pick up members. Would these dungeons scale to the group or is a full group pretty much a necessity?

You need 4 members to do the dungeons. I go with a group of 3 players and when we register for a duty it finds us a 4th. We did manage to do a dungeon with 3 members (one player was disconnected and didn't log back in) and we completed it. So no I don't believe it scales seeing as 4 is minimum to start.

Edit: I'm wondering if the difficulty gets harder if you go in with more than 4?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 05:03:31 PM by Videmon » Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #598 on: August 25, 2013, 04:54:54 PM »

oh, and just because:  CHOCOBO!!!!!

Because I can,
Videmon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #599 on: August 25, 2013, 04:55:57 PM »

That trophy list is the in game achievements. I've unlocked a few of them already and haven't received a trophy yet. Wonder if they will be given when I get my hard copy.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: