http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 05:02:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [PC/PS3] Final Fantasy XIV (Characters/Servers in first post)  (Read 44278 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: June 14, 2013, 05:34:59 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on June 14, 2013, 08:01:55 AM

MO - I got a code, but if isn't tied to my email account, I'd be happy to send it to you, since you seem a lot more interested in it than I am.  Do you think that would work?

That would be great Raz,is it for PS3?,as i can't use it if its for PC

My guess would be that it should be a 12 digit code(3x4)which is the norm usually for PS3 codes

with both of us being in Europe I suppose that should be fine as well

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Videmon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 14, 2013, 06:03:50 PM »

Was hoping to get in on Phase 3 but seeing all the threads all over the place about codes already sent in the US its not looking likely that I will get picked no surprise there. Guess I'll have to wait for early access. Wish I was a PC gamer... crybaby
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 14, 2013, 09:10:25 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on June 14, 2013, 05:34:59 PM

MO - I got a code, but if isn't tied to my email account, I'd be happy to send it to you, since you seem a lot more interested in it than I am.  Do you think that would work?

My guess would be that it should be a 12 digit code(3x4)which is the norm usually for PS3 codes

unfortunately, its for pc and a 20 digit code - Sorry MO!! :-(

A new one
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 14, 2013, 09:31:09 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on June 14, 2013, 09:10:25 PM

Quote from: metallicorphan on June 14, 2013, 05:34:59 PM

unfortunately, its for pc and a 20 digit code - Sorry MO!! :-(

Absolutely no problem Raz,thanks anyway

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 17, 2013, 02:55:05 AM »

Spent a couple hours with this yesterday, played around in a zone I hadn't seen yet.  A couple thoughts:

- This is easily the most beautiful MMO I've ever seen.  Graphics whores are going to love it.
- It just feels like a Final Fantasy game.  The monsters, the locales (Ul'Dan feels just like running around Ivalice in XII), the art style...it all feels very familiar (in a good way)
- Combat feels pretty simplistic to start with, but looks like it will have significant flexibility down the road.  You start as a single class, and you can then switch classes by changing weapons after hitting level 10.  Each class has their own skills and abilities, so there is an endless number of builds and combos that you can choose from.  Very reminiscent of the Job System found in previous FF games, and it'll be fun to see how they all interconnect. Some skills have "combo" modifiers when used in a chain with others (i.e. bonus damage, etc.), and I can see those getting very powerful at high levels.
-  I haven't run any dungeons (60 minutes of uninterrupted gaming time is not exactly doable with newborn twins in the house), but the PvE storyline is very fun and easy to understand.  The quest dialog is actually interesting and while it still amounts to lots of fetch and "kill X" quests, I find myself actually reading it nearly every time.  
-  The music is absolutely wonderful.  It's entirely an Uematsu score, from what I understand, and he did a bang-up job.

It's actually pretty impressive that they took a game that was an utter trainwreck and salavaged it into something that is very fun.  The ridiculous and needless complexity is gone, and we're left with something very streamlined and easy to understand.  I was pretty skeptical entering the beta, but am 100% sold on playing it on release.  I'm not sure if non-FF fans will be as interested and they're going to struggle with a P2P model in a F2P world, but I'd certainly encourage fans of both FF and MMO's to give it a look come August.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 17, 2013, 10:22:23 AM »

i sent an email to square Enix support on Saturday evening asking if i was to get a code(playing a tad dumb as well)

just got an email with my two codes,so i have registered and entered my code into PSN and i am currently downloading the beta

I have missed this weekends(just gone) PS3 beta,but i can at least have it downloaded by the time the beta goes up again this coming weekend

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 17, 2013, 10:23:22 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on June 17, 2013, 10:22:23 AM

i sent an email to square Enix support on Saturday evening asking if i was to get a code(playing a tad dumb as well)

just got an email with my two codes,so i have registered and entered my code into PSN and i am currently downloading the beta

I have missed this weekends(just gone) PS3 beta,but i can at least have it downloaded by the time the beta goes up again this coming weekend

Awesome! I'm glad you got it :-)

A new one
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 17, 2013, 10:25:11 AM »

Quote from: Gratch on June 17, 2013, 02:55:05 AM

Spent a couple hours with this yesterday, played around in a zone I hadn't seen yet.  A couple thoughts:

- This is easily the most beautiful MMO I've ever seen.  Graphics whores are going to love it.
- It just feels like a Final Fantasy game.  The monsters, the locales (Ul'Dan feels just like running around Ivalice in XII), the art style...it all feels very familiar (in a good way)
- Combat feels pretty simplistic to start with, but looks like it will have significant flexibility down the road.  You start as a single class, and you can then switch classes by changing weapons after hitting level 10.  Each class has their own skills and abilities, so there is an endless number of builds and combos that you can choose from.  Very reminiscent of the Job System found in previous FF games, and it'll be fun to see how they all interconnect. Some skills have "combo" modifiers when used in a chain with others (i.e. bonus damage, etc.), and I can see those getting very powerful at high levels.
-  I haven't run any dungeons (60 minutes of uninterrupted gaming time is not exactly doable with newborn twins in the house), but the PvE storyline is very fun and easy to understand.  The quest dialog is actually interesting and while it still amounts to lots of fetch and "kill X" quests, I find myself actually reading it nearly every time.  
-  The music is absolutely wonderful.  It's entirely an Uematsu score, from what I understand, and he did a bang-up job.

It's actually pretty impressive that they took a game that was an utter trainwreck and salavaged it into something that is very fun.  The ridiculous and needless complexity is gone, and we're left with something very streamlined and easy to understand.  I was pretty skeptical entering the beta, but am 100% sold on playing it on release.  I'm not sure if non-FF fans will be as interested and they're going to struggle with a P2P model in a F2P world, but I'd certainly encourage fans of both FF and MMO's to give it a look come August.

Sounds good -  Can you tell me if it has the usual Final fantasy thing with kids being the heroes, too big swords, and over the top graphical flashy effects for everything? I know it sounds like I'm being snarky, but I just don't like that asian style, but some of the games lately have been more "westernized" if thats a word :-)

A new one
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 17, 2013, 10:58:09 AM »

you know i can't vouch for FF14ARR yet

but i was with FF11 for 2 and a half years,i would expect it to be similar to that Raz

whereas,however you want your toon to look you can have him look like that,different style weapons,different hairstyles/races,different clothes

MMO style graphics,you'll know that it probably won't be OTT style graphics like the single player games do,although i heard it has a nice looking opening scene,i expect the graphics to 'do its job' rather than go too overboard(Gratch's first line,says that they are impressive though)

I am sure there will be pics soon,as the NDC (or whatever the initials are) has gone down so i am told

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 17, 2013, 05:35:43 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on June 17, 2013, 10:25:11 AM

Sounds good -  Can you tell me if it has the usual Final fantasy thing with kids being the heroes, too big swords, and over the top graphical flashy effects for everything? I know it sounds like I'm being snarky, but I just don't like that asian style, but some of the games lately have been more "westernized" if thats a word :-)

The aesthetic is very similar to Final Fantasy XI and XII, with a very realistic (in a fantasy way) look and feel.  Not sure about huge weapons, as I'm completely desensitized to that stuff.  I didn't really notice anything overly flashy in the effects department...nothing like massive Summons or 5-minute Limit Break attacks, anyways.  I also didn't see any "kid" heroes, although I'm sure you could create a character that looked like one if you wanted to.

There's lots of videos and screnshots out there...should be pretty easy to tell if it would rub you wrong or not.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 17, 2013, 09:02:17 PM »

Videos and audio from the game are still not allowed,however you can take screenshots.

someone has made a video,using screenshots,LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9kMC-4HZoPg

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 17, 2013, 10:09:21 PM »

Or just go to the official site.  There's a ton of both videos and screenshots there.

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 18, 2013, 06:56:42 AM »

Quote from: Gratch on June 17, 2013, 10:09:21 PM

Or just go to the official site.  There's a ton of both videos and screenshots there.

Thanks! It did confirm my fears, so thanks for that :-)

And finally, the over the top combat :-D

Gorgeous looking game, though!

A new one
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 18, 2013, 05:48:27 PM »

Okay i will give you the over the top combat...but the hairstyle can be adjusted to how you want it...and the picture you put up shows a Miqo'te who are cat people,so those tuffs on her hairstyle are her ears anyway

and you can have a normal looking sword(but again lets be clear here the picture you put up showed a Lalafell jumping with his sword,they are usually about 3ft tall,so every sword on them look like a over the top ginormous sword)

I can't see the third pic down

but ..er yeah Tongue

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 20, 2013, 08:32:39 PM »

http://arrstatus.com/

12 and a half hours to go!!

shame that we only get 48 hrs,a big chunk of that time is me getting used to everything and figuring out the controls.

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: June 20, 2013, 10:03:22 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on June 20, 2013, 08:32:39 PM

shame that we only get 48 hrs,a big chunk of that time is me getting used to everything and figuring out the controls.

They have made it really easy to figure out, especially given how complex they tried to make it the first time around.  I've tried playing with a gamepad and found it completely doable, I just don't like it as much (takes a couple more button presses to get from menu to menu). 

Will be interested to hear your take once you've given it a spin.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 21, 2013, 08:01:48 AM »

Quote from: Gratch on June 20, 2013, 10:03:22 PM

Quote from: metallicorphan on June 20, 2013, 08:32:39 PM

They have made it really easy to figure out, especially given how complex they tried to make it the first time around.  I've tried playing with a gamepad and found it completely doable, I just don't like it as much (takes a couple more button presses to get from menu to menu). 

Will be interested to hear your take once you've given it a spin.

that's interesting about them making it less complex,because i really loved the Xbox 360 controls on Final Fantasy 11 with the controller,so it will be interesting how the DS3 is on the PS3 for this one

still,i have my notepad on hand(and connected a keyboard to the PS3) icon_biggrin

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 21, 2013, 04:43:15 PM »

played for about 5 hrs earlier today,and enjoying it

Hyur Male,Midlander,Gladiator Class

Name is Mancunian Metal

Started in Ul'Dah,no idea how i chose that if i did,as i saw no choice for it,but its a decent town with good surrounding areas

I think i am about level 7 or 8

the game instead of reminding me of Final Fantasy 11,reminds me a lot more of Final Fantasy 12 mixed with Final Fantasy 3(DS version)

skystride

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 21, 2013, 05:06:51 PM »

Is there any advantage to playing this on the PS3 over the PC?
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 21, 2013, 07:20:50 PM »

Quote from: skystride on June 21, 2013, 05:06:51 PM

Is there any advantage to playing this on the PS3 over the PC?

Other than playing on a big screen TV (which you may have hooked up to your PC anyways), I can't really think of one.

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 21, 2013, 07:22:41 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on June 21, 2013, 04:43:15 PM

Started in Ul'Dah,no idea how i chose that if i did,as i saw no choice for it,but its a decent town with good surrounding areas

Starting zone is determined by what class you choose.  They all have about an hour of basic noob quests before you're let loose into the world.  Ul'Dah is my favorite of the three...reminds me of the big cities in Ivalice (FF XII)

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 21, 2013, 09:13:07 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on June 21, 2013, 07:22:41 PM

Quote from: metallicorphan on June 21, 2013, 04:43:15 PM

Starting zone is determined by what class you choose.  They all have about an hour of basic noob quests before you're let loose into the world.  Ul'Dah is my favorite of the three...reminds me of the big cities in Ivalice (FF XII)

yeah i just found that out about an hour ago,bit disappointing to be honest,rather choose where i hail from no matter what my class

I really want to visit another city,found the airship..er...place,but needed an airship pass,found out you can't get that until you are level 15 so i hopped on a chocobo and started running off into the places i had not been yet,and ended up in the middle of the desert,so i had to warp to the nearest sanctuary

done a hell of alot of quests,50-60 at least,travelled as far as i could on foot for a level 10

need to look into crafting,i have found various guilds to craft but only done normal quests at those places

sat down in the middle of the field at the moment watching the sunset go down
oh,and it rained before,yay..LOL

Videmon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 22, 2013, 12:10:58 AM »

So jelous.   crybaby
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 22, 2013, 06:31:10 AM »

Quote from: Videmon on June 22, 2013, 12:10:58 AM

So jelous.   crybaby

It goes open beta in a few weeks

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 22, 2013, 05:10:21 PM »

16 hrs left for this weekend,hopefully i should be able to get to Level 15 and get that airship pass before servers close down

Found a boat dock earlier,i had 3k and they said "please come back when you have sufficient funds"...how friggin' much is a ticket?

I failed a task earlier,i had to fight these guys in a train tunnel with an NPC on my side,the NPC would need to not be disturbed to cast cure on me,unfortunately his cure was shit and only gave me 48 HP,i managed to 'flash' and let the bad guys to attack me only and i managed to kill the first 6,but the last guy i was dangerously low on health and my NPC was not doing cure enough(had to start on my potions gave me another 80 points),so had to start running about hoping for the best,unfortunately they just turned on my NPC and killed him(he was ordered in the mission cutscene not to let me die and make sure i was protected...pfft)

Currently level 12
and i lied before,i just hit 50 quests earlier today

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 22, 2013, 06:51:19 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on June 22, 2013, 05:10:21 PM

I failed a task earlier,i had to fight these guys in a train tunnel with an NPC on my side,the NPC would need to not be disturbed to cast cure on me,unfortunately his cure was shit and only gave me 48 HP,i managed to 'flash' and let the bad guys to attack me only and i managed to kill the first 6,but the last guy i was dangerously low on health and my NPC was not doing cure enough(had to start on my potions gave me another 80 points),so had to start running about hoping for the best,unfortunately they just turned on my NPC and killed him(he was ordered in the mission cutscene not to let me die and make sure i was protected...pfft)

I've failed that quest about a dozen times now.  Either the NPC healing can't keep up and I die, or the boss turns aggro on the NPC and kills him in 2 hits.  It's frustrating as hell, and I'm sure how I'm supposed to get past it.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 22, 2013, 07:02:42 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on June 22, 2013, 06:51:19 PM

I've failed that quest about a dozen times now.  Either the NPC healing can't keep up and I die, or the boss turns aggro on the NPC and kills him in 2 hits.  It's frustrating as hell, and I'm sure how I'm supposed to get past it.

well i was level 11 when i attempted it,and it said if i was above 12 i would be knocked down to 12(i had just done a level 12 mission with that rock monster outside the ruins,so thought it would be okay)...so i am 12 and a half now,gonna try that mission again when i am 13

I will say one thing,I'm not entirely sold on the maps,i got so lost before in the town trying to find Hustings Strip,i went towards the Gladiator guild(whatever its called),and on the map it said i was there,but i saw no markers for my quest...took me ages to find out that it was upstairs,the word Hustings Strip was in blue on the map,i am guessing perhaps blue written stuff means its on another level?

But that is just one instance,finding out where to go for the next part of your mission in the town can be hard,i press select to tag the mission listed and go to the map to show me where to go,but half the names of places i don't recognize,so kinda wondering around alot

hopefully when i learn my way around it will be easier

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 22, 2013, 08:17:49 PM »

Yeah, the city maps are pretty awful, although I think the Ul'Dal is the worst of the three starting zones.  I tried one of the other zones (the forest one) and it was much, much easier to find my way around.  The field maps aren't too bad.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 22, 2013, 08:32:20 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on June 22, 2013, 08:17:49 PM

Yeah, the city maps are pretty awful, although I think the Ul'Dal is the worst of the three starting zones.  I tried one of the other zones (the forest one) and it was much, much easier to find my way around.  The field maps aren't too bad.

as much as I like the idea of large cities, I'm starting to find them annoying in MMO's.  most of the time the same function could almost be done by having NPC's that give you access to all of the stores in that city; since there are rarely encounters in them most of the running around becomes quite pointless.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 22, 2013, 11:19:16 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on June 22, 2013, 08:17:49 PM

I just ran to that city,through the desert like places,the rocky stuff,not many players about at all- then it started getting green but still had level 30-40 monsters,so just kept on running,,,zoned into a new map,and bam,lots of players and level 10 monsters..yippeeeee,made it,made sure to tag the crystals along the way and in the city so i could warp there whenever i wanted,and then back to my home city to try and get an airship pass with me being level 15 now

which apparently you get from the story missions...not that that bitch at the Airship reception would of told me.,no because those 3 seconds are better used to being a smug cow,while i run about everywhere and then finally have to go on the internet to find out how to get an airship pass  finger

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: June 22, 2013, 11:50:58 PM »

Have you changed classes yet, or are you sticking with Gladiator?

I keep feeling like I should change to something else and expand my skill set, but haven't found a "starter" weapon for any of the other classes yet.  Everything I come across can only be used level 5+.  Maybe there's another way to do it that I'm just missing...

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 22, 2013, 11:58:00 PM »

you can be Harry Potter?

Because I can,
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 23, 2013, 05:40:03 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on June 22, 2013, 07:02:42 PM

Quote from: Gratch on June 22, 2013, 06:51:19 PM

well i was level 11 when i attempted it,and it said if i was above 12 i would be knocked down to 12(i had just done a level 12 mission with that rock monster outside the ruins,so thought it would be okay)...so i am 12 and a half now,gonna try that mission again when i am 13

Took me about 20 times (and a truckload of hi-potions), but I finally got past that stupid quest tonight.  Went back after hitting level 15, and still barely made it since it scales you back down to 12.  Holy crap was it ever frustrating to have a "healer" NPC that refused to heal and instead drew aggro.   icon_evil

Bummed that this is only a weekend beta, as I'm really starting to hit a groove and would love to keep playing during the week.  Got my GLD up to 16, trying to decide the best option for a secondary class.  Will probably need some sort of healing ability, as I can see it getting significantly tougher very soon

I love the fact that there's so much to do, but it never feels overwhelming.  The progress made between beta Phases 2 and 3 is very encouraging, and I really like where they're taking this.  It'll be a day 1 sub for me, for sure.   thumbsup

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 23, 2013, 09:19:24 AM »

I am about 3k XP away from level 16

yeah i finally got past that quest as well,i had to run around with that last guy and keep 'flashing' to get him to fight me instead of Bruce,and going in for a snide hit every now and then and finally killed him

Gratch,if you go to one of the guilds and talk to the person behind the desk they will tell you how to change guilds(as long as Millia whatever at the Gladiator guild has  given you permission)...the person behind the desk will point you in the direction of the Guildmaster,they will give you a tool(for me it was a pic axe for miners guild),then you start at level 1 again...but can just re-equip your sword to go back to level 15 Gladiator(or whatever level you were)

I am having a bit of a problem getting story missions,i heard to get the airship pass you need to be level 15 and get the story mission that rewards it,I have just helped Aldus in the Quicksand which was a level 17 quest(he pretty much kills all the higher levels and cures you,and a lot better than Bruce the Big)..so i have done that,but not sure where to go for my next story mission,can't see any markers anywhere

I wanted to get the Airship Pass this weekend,but looks like i will have to wait until next weekend now

EDIT; Gratch,what was the difference between phase 2 and 3?

CK-i saw someone called Harry Fluffer on there Tongue

Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 23, 2013, 12:51:26 PM »

Why do they not have the beta's running on Sunday???? I keep getting time to play, open it up, and it's not running anymore  crybaby
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 23, 2013, 03:58:25 PM »

here is the beta roadmap
http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/download/en/FFXIV_2.0_BETA_Roadmap_EN.pdf

when Phase 3 is finished,all characters will be deleted,there will be a 1-2 week debug for phase 3 and then it will go open beta,the characters you create in open beta will/can be carried over to release

We knew they were going to get deleted but,yes Gratch,it means we have to do that damn mission again in the train tunnel

Phase 4 is scheduled to be an open beta.
- The PlayStation®3 version will be available.
- Characters created during this phase will be carried over to the official release.
* Circumstance may necessitate the deletion of character data.
- More than 20 Worlds will be available.How many is there now?,this means maps right?,sure there are hell of alot right now
- All character customization options will be available.
- Version 1.0 characters can be used.
- The Duty Finder (player matching feature) will be implemented. → Will be in Phase 3
- The Level Sync feature will be implemented. → Will be in Phase 3
- Stress testing will be conducted on the housing system.
- Testing will be conducted on the PvP Coliseum.
- Free company points
- Version 1.0 service account holders will be able to download the official FFXIV: ARR
client free of charge.
* Those wishing to play on PlayStation®3 must purchase a copy of the game for that
system.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 23, 2013, 04:33:29 PM »

Quote from: Azhag on June 23, 2013, 12:51:26 PM

Why do they not have the beta's running on Sunday????

because beta's need rest too.

Because I can,
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 23, 2013, 07:57:52 PM »

Just ran the official benchmarking program for the game:.http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/benchmark/index.html

For me with an average rig, at highest settings, I got,"can easily run the game on max settings"

Nice to read that for a change.
This is the results page they give:

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Official Benchmark (Exploration)
Tested on:6/23/2013 3:52:55 PM
Score:8541
Average Framerate:72.398
Performance:Extremely High
 -Easily capable of running the game on the highest settings.

Screen Size: 1920x1080
Screen Mode: Full Screen
Graphics Presets: High
General
-Improve overall graphic quality. : Enabled
-Disable rendering of objects when not visible. (Occlusion Culling) : Enabled
-Use low-detail models on distant objects to increase performance. (LOD) : Enabled
-Cache LOD data only when necessary. (LOD Streaming) : Enabled
-Smooth edges. (Anti-aliasing) : Enabled
-Increase transparent lighting quality. : Disabled
-Grass Quality : Normal
Shadows
-Use low-detail models on shadows to increase performance. (LOD) : Enabled
-Display : All
-Shadow Resolution : Mid: 1024 pixels
-Shadow Cascading : High
-Shadow Softening : Low
Texture Detail
-Texture Filtering : High
-Anisotropic Filtering : Low
Effects
-Naturally darken the edges of the screen. (Limb Darkening) : Enabled
-Blur the graphics around an object in motion. (Radial Blur) : Enabled
-Effects While in Motion : Display All
-Screen Space Ambient Occlusion : Low
-Glare : Low
Cinematic Cutscenes
-Enable depth of field. : Enabled

System:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533)
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 960 @ 3.20GHz
6142.430MB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580(VRAM 4048 MB) 9.18.0013.1422

Benchmark results do not provide any guarantee FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will run on your system.

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Official Website http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com
(C) 2010-2013 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved.

Tweet
http://sqex.to/ffxiv_bench_na #FFXIV Score:8541 1920x1080 High Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 960 @ 3.20GHz NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580.

Grace: Unmerited favor.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 23, 2013, 08:11:14 PM »

I just watched this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU28QpwT3-0

and its good seeing all the places i visited today,i went to little solace and Temple of the twelve,there was only me there though,LOL

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Arclight-a lot of people i have seen discussing the graphics on the FF14 forum i go on have been talking about something called 'SweetFX 1.4'

It's pretty much all Greek/Geek to me,and haven't got a clue what they are talking about most of the time with me being a console player,but you may find the info interesting
http://ffxivrealm.com/threads/enhance-your-graphics-visuals.1385/

there are lots of screenshots as well and they do look pretty

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 23, 2013, 08:12:52 PM »

Quote from: Arclight on June 23, 2013, 07:57:52 PM

System:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533)
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 960 @ 3.20GHz
6142.430MB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580(VRAM 4048 MB) 9.18.0013.1422

I've got a similar system so I imagine I'll be fine as well.

Because I can,
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 29   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: