The first expansion to FFXIV was announced yesterday
, entitled "Heavensward". Looks to be pretty awesome, and includes:
- Level cap raise from 50 to 60 across all jobs and professions.
- Massive new areas.
- A new player race with both male and female characters.
- Multiple new jobs.
- New Primals, one of which will be completely unique to FFXIV.
- Many new dungeons — more than 3 or 4.
- High-end raids
- Airships, Airship, Airships — Free Companies can band together and build their own airships.
- New gear and recipes.
Will be out in Spring 2015. Between this expansion and the ongoing patches (2.4 is rumored to drop this week), they are consistently adding a huge amount of content to the game. Every time I feel like I might be getting burned out, they drop in something totally new that keeps things fresh.
Bard is up to ilevel 107 (max is ilevel 115), I have one other glass maxed as well and am working on White Mage, and I've started getting serious about the crafting and gathering classes. Still so much to do...