http://gamingtrend.com
September 22, 2014, 08:27:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Everquest Next and Everquest Next Landmark  (Read 3789 times)
Blackjack
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2013, 05:34:36 PM »

The PC Gamer impressions piece gave me some hope about the creative possibilities and that this isn't just some Red Faction style overhype. But it could be 10 years away. Or it could be 2 years away. They seem awfully vague. Sounds more like a cool tech demo where they're still figuring out what kind of game to build around the technology.

I like the idea that they apparently canceled at least two initial attempts at the new game, and mixed up the dev team, because they didn't think they'd come up with an idea new enough or creative enough. I wish EA-Bioware had thought that way with SWTOR, in retrospect.

The danger of getting Too Creative sometimes is folks wander in, say "WTF am I supposed to do here?" and then leave. But certainly I'd be all for an MMO that blows the doors off the... well... Everquest model. How ironic.  icon_razz
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 05:38:19 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (it's out!; post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2013, 05:40:10 PM »

I haven't quite figured out what Landmark is - is this a free to play game that comes out this Winter and then the real EQ Next comes out later?

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2013, 07:34:30 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on August 08, 2013, 05:40:10 PM

I haven't quite figured out what Landmark is - is this a free to play game that comes out this Winter and then the real EQ Next comes out later?

Yeah something like that.  But if you are not interested in EverMineQuestCraft, you can still go in Landmark and build templates for player housing, guild housing etc which you will be able to bring in to EQN when it comes out (assuming you have enough resources).
coldsteel
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2013, 01:17:29 PM »

For anyone interested in all the new stuff about EverQuest Next Landmark that came out at Gamescon last week, here is a nice summary article from EQHammer.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2013, 04:18:51 PM »

Landmark beta signups.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2014, 03:07:01 AM »

Arise thread.

So, anyone else in the Alpha?  We can talk about it now that the NDA was lifted after a day.  Buggy as hell, unstable and tons of fun.  The sheer potential of EQN is amazing.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2014, 05:18:47 AM »

I'm interested in spending more time with it...once SoE puts about three times as many areas into the game so people can actually claim a spot in the world to build upon.

But again, it's Alpha, so I don't mind a few (big) screwups like that.

Past that? I'm excited for what I see. And for what I see possible in the future.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2014, 06:51:24 AM »

I'm in as well - So much fun to be had and potential. The lead dev said they would add combat as well to this, and you'll be able to place NPC's and what-have-we so...I'm rather excited about the future of this.

As for the last few days? well, its alpha and this is why they are letting people in. To crash the systems.

A new one
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2014, 07:44:48 AM »

So the closed beta is underway, and I'm considering going all in for the $100 founder's pack.

Why?

Because I want to get a head start on the Player Studio (player created and sold content). I have a couple friends who have been pretty successful augmenting their income with similar setups for DOTA2, TF2, Planetside 2, and now EQN.

It just helps that this looks fun, and I know it's going to be a pretty big game. And the bonus items will help ease some of the tedium of resource collecting and management.

I'd also be getting 4 closed beta keys for anyone to use, although I think only 1 or 2 would be available after I give them to interested friends.
Bcarle
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2014, 06:54:17 PM »

I've been thinking about getting this, how long does the closed beta last, I haven't been able to find any timeframe.

Thanks

bob
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2014, 10:42:15 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on March 27, 2014, 07:44:48 AM

Because I want to get a head start on the Player Studio (player created and sold content). I have a couple friends who have been pretty successful augmenting their income with similar setups for DOTA2, TF2, Planetside 2, and now EQN.

It just helps that this looks fun, and I know it's going to be a pretty big game. And the bonus items will help ease some of the tedium of resource collecting and management.

Yeah, I think if I had your artistic ability I would do the same thing.  If the game takes off, I could see people making some money off their creations for sure.  Especially if an item they make gets hot.  How cool would that be?! 

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2014, 10:23:10 PM »

For anyone that was looking to get in on this, I noticed that all the founder's packs are 66% off on Steam right now.  If you're into paying for closed beta, that means you can get in on the lowest level for less than $7.

BTW, has anybody been "playing" this?  I'm really curious to know if there are any gameplay elements yet or if it's still purely a building sandbox.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2014, 07:01:40 PM »

Landmark is pure sandbox, and it will remain mostly that way. Its not an MMO with quests and the like, even though the developers have at some point talked about that.

Basically, what they are doing is asking people to help them create content for EQ Next and help test the editor they use for it as well.

A new one
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2014, 09:23:00 PM »

I guess there's a difference between a sandbox game and something where your only goal is to build buildings.  It's the difference between Minecraft's Survival mode and the Creative building mode. 

I was pretty sure they had specifically said at one point that they were looking to add some more sandbox gameplay and non-traditional elements to it.  In fact, quoting someone we know  slywink:

Quote from: Razgon on February 03, 2014, 06:51:24 AM

So much fun to be had and potential. The lead dev said they would add combat as well to this, and you'll be able to place NPC's and what-have-we so...I'm rather excited about the future of this.

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2014, 11:31:43 PM »

Looks like they're finally adding some of that stuff with the addition of health/mortality, equipment, weapons, abilities, loot chests and interactive objects.  That will all launch on the 27th and I guess monsters will come in September.

I kind of wish I had grabbed this during the cheap Steam sale.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: