http://gamingtrend.com
December 21, 2014, 05:28:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eve Online  (Read 12152 times)
Mykos
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 08, 2006, 01:16:16 PM »

EVE is definately not a game you can sum up in a nutshell.  It is one of if not the most complex mmog that I have played.

Grue, sorry to hear about the fan problem.  If you decide to get back into EVe, let me know.  I will see if I can help with any specific questions you might have about the game.

Michael Haniotes

"When you woke up this morning you put your faith in something or someone, what or who was it?"
Lockdown
Gaming Trend Senior Member

LD

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 19, 2006, 12:23:10 PM »

Out of curiousity, is anyone here still actively playing EVE?

Inquiring minds want to know.

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 19, 2006, 02:12:59 PM »

Quote from: Lockdown on October 19, 2006, 12:23:10 PM

Out of curiousity, is anyone here still actively playing EVE?

Inquiring minds want to know.
Not me. I've drunk deep of the WoW kool-aide.  icon_lol

It really is causal/solo friendly.

It's a shame, too. I really, really wanted to like Eve.

Fallin' feels like flyin'. For a little while. - Bad Blake
You're a funny drunk. - my wife
Andrew Wonser

A porcupine quilt made of porcupine quills.

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 19, 2006, 04:31:35 PM »

Currently working my way towards an ORE Mining Barge then an Exhumer. Lots of training involved. Have another character that is on the back burner that I was training for pure combat.
HeavenlyOne
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 23, 2006, 02:32:16 PM »

I've just recently got back into EVE again after a long break and I'm mostly enjoying the experience again now that I appreciate how much it has improved in many ways since my last visit. I've never found an online experience so stressful as EVE can sometimes provide, but when I do manage to accomplish something outstanding it gives me a real sense of achievement. I am not really a hardcore player like many of my associates in the game but I have trained a lot of skills across four main characters who specialize in various aspects of EVE.

You do not have to have more than one main character to enjoy EVE, I just started a new account every time I came back to the game because I wanted to try different things. It is now a lot easier to progress in EVE as a new player if you choose the right bloodline and starting attributes and I have as much fun with my youngest character as with my veterans. Don't be put off trying EVE because you think you need a lot of skill points to have fun. There is a lot for a new player to absorb about EVE before the game really opens up, but once you understand just how immersive it can become you might enjoy EVE for a long long time.

I refer you to any of Fuzzballx's posts in this thread, because I know Fuzz in EVE and he is a truly knowledgeable player who I respect for his insight and generous help on occasions. (Come back soon Fuzz, - Lord S misses you and Glory sends her love  icon_wink)
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 27, 2006, 03:32:33 PM »

Well, I am FAR from an EVE-Online expert, but since it's sci-fi, I try to at least keep somewhat on top of how it's doing.

Revelations apparently lauches Tuesday.

What is Revelations?  You got me, but it sounds neat.

So - for anyone that cares...

Here's what's being added

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
SkyLander

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 29, 2006, 06:45:27 AM »

I'm still bouncing around, my tales of wo and all that down in 0.0. Now I'm back up in empire and Gen and I started a new corp. So if anyone that wants to start out and mess around with eve, always will to take on new people and answer questions and help out how we can smile. All the vet guys on here know how we work so. SkyLander ingame you can just send me a mail or I'll acually check this thread heh.

Revelations adds a bunch of stuff, some new battlehips and battlecruisers, the idea of Rigs which are basically implants for ships. Ditched the escrow system for this new contract system. I haven't really messed around with it that much. You can also reverse enigneer things in the hopes of getting a blueprint out of it so it helps with research a bit. Revamps the gang system turning it more into a true fleet with seperate wing commander and squads, when you get into major fleet combat. And a bunch of other little tweaks and so forth. Can finally just warp to 0 so travel time is greatly reduced and you don't have to worry about instajumps and bookmarks really anymore.  All I got off of the top of my after playing a few hours today.

So like I said I've been around eve for over 3 years now so shoot me a mail or whatever if you have any questions.

Pretty....what do we blow up first?
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 29, 2006, 12:58:21 PM »

They reduced travel time? 

That alone may be enough to get me to try it again.  If I decide to, I'll shoot you a tell in-game.

LD

SkyLander

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 29, 2006, 06:05:01 PM »

Well, if you remember. I was talking about instajumps in how they help so much. Well a big issue was that since bookmarks are stored on there servers and instajumps were used so much everyone had a ton of them, so they just put in a warp within 0km option. Basically you have instajumps everywhere. So instead of moving that stupid 15km everytime you warp you can just warp right to the gate and jump. Sadly the autopilot still does 15km but it's still a lot better than it was berfore you just need to do it manually.

It makes doing those rediculous 27 jump trips so much easier, instead of sitting there for 2 hours you can do it in 30 minutes, in a battleship.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 06:06:44 PM by SkyLander » Logged

LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 29, 2006, 06:44:01 PM »

Quote from: SkyLander on November 29, 2006, 06:05:01 PM

Well, if you remember. I was talking about instajumps in how they help so much. Well a big issue was that since bookmarks are stored on there servers and instajumps were used so much everyone had a ton of them, so they just put in a warp within 0km option. Basically you have instajumps everywhere. So instead of moving that stupid 15km everytime you warp you can just warp right to the gate and jump. Sadly the autopilot still does 15km but it's still a lot better than it was berfore you just need to do it manually.

It makes doing those rediculous 27 jump trips so much easier, instead of sitting there for 2 hours you can do it in 30 minutes, in a battleship.
I'm guessing this did not sit well with the gate campers.

I just may have to pop on over to the forums and enjoy myself. biggrin

Well, I checked the forums and the gate campers already have a workaround. LOL

SkyLander

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 29, 2006, 07:19:39 PM »

What warp bubbles are for, and interdictor cruisers.

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 05, 2006, 12:51:53 PM »

You know... the EvE main website is so damn cool.

I'm not sure you could possibly have more stuff (especially through all the links) in one place.  The website alone is like a gigantic, enormous galaxy of information regarding the game. 

Actually, it is alot like the game itself - There is so much to see - it makes my head hurt.

Oh - and check this out  (this is one server!   I wonder how this compares to other MMO's?) :

"A new peak concurrent user record was set Sunday, Dec 3rd when 32,955 users were logged into EVE Online: Revelations. This would not be that significant if not for the outstanding performance the Tranquility server demonstrated under this enormous load."
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 12:58:02 PM by Lockdown » Logged

LD

SkyLander

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 05, 2006, 04:28:19 PM »

It was a little laggy on Sunday, but either than that it wasn't to bad. And yeah the EVE website does have a lot of cool stuff about the game. The stories and all that dealing with the game.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 04:50:20 PM by SkyLander » Logged

greeneggsnham
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 05, 2006, 05:01:27 PM »

It's pretty tempting to get back into Eve. I had somewhat gimped my initial character (low perception), but I had spent some time on him and had gotten into it. Quit due to lack of time and RL funds.

Escrow system got an overhaul... can you go into more detail? What had frustrated me is that some of the cool bits of kit were practically impossible to find on escrow. I want a Navy Vexor. Surely someone has one to sell to me... the AH in WoW has spoiled me, sure, but is that too much to ask for?

For small fleets, is it now easier to tell what a fleetmate has targetted? Another thing WoW had spoiled me on: it's very easy in a party to see what target people are on. Unless I was doing something wrong in Eve before, seemed the only way to see what a wingmate had targetted was to follow his shots. What with all the technology and all I can't coordinate fire? Is this fixed/reworked?
SkyLander

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 05, 2006, 05:11:05 PM »

The contract system is the new escrow. I'd say it is now very similar to the AH in WoW. You can search for specific things, you can now do auctions on items. You can specify which region you want to search in. Also take out loans and a lot of other things that escrow could never do. Only issues is that you can't really sort after you searched and that if you search in another region you can't buy that until you get to that region.

The gang system got an overhaul also, the commanders can call out and tag targets. Tagging has been in the game for a bit acually.

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 11, 2006, 03:00:10 PM »

Qt3 Thread on EvE

It's exchanges like this that blow me away about this game.  I swear I feel like I'm reading about real-world news in the far future with stuff like this.

The levels of stuff that go on are presented so... "adultly"  (is that a word?) compared to other MMO's.  It's quite intriguing.

LD

SkyLander

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 11, 2006, 06:26:05 PM »

Once you get out into 0.0 space the game pretty much changes. That is, what I think anyway, where the true fun begins. Because you aren't bound by anything anymore, you really do create what you want out there. I mean the SA, CA war down in the south lasted for over a year. Fighting over a region. The difference between EVE and other games is that you have a reason to fight. You are acually fighting over something instead of just grinding out honor points to get that omg supar knife. Instead you are fighting over territory and resources and the right to be out there. And you can lose stuff, you can lose a lot. What other MMO has that?

Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 10, 2007, 03:12:44 PM »

Well I was really considering playing EVE till I read this story. I mean its ok for devs to play thier own game but to cheat? To give themselves motherships and blueprints and to ignore GM help requests and stuff. No thanks frown

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/68591-Jumpgate-EVEs-Devs-and-the-Friends-They-Keep

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
javahead

Coffee is Murder!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: February 10, 2007, 05:02:50 PM »

Quote from: Daehawk on February 10, 2007, 03:12:44 PM

Well I was really considering playing EVE till I read this story. I mean its ok for devs to play thier own game but to cheat? To give themselves motherships and blueprints and to ignore GM help requests and stuff. No thanks frown

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/68591-Jumpgate-EVEs-Devs-and-the-Friends-They-Keep
Strangely, this makes me miss EVE a bit

Jesters Do It Till Ya Smile!
          \|/ ____ \|/
        ~@_/ Oo \_@~
          /_( \__/ )_\
             \__U_/
SkyLander

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 10, 2007, 07:39:25 PM »

Quote from: Daehawk on February 10, 2007, 03:12:44 PM

Well I know what you mean but hopefully the devs finally do something smart about all of this.

SkyLander

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 10, 2007, 09:53:05 PM »

http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=473490

There are some answers at least.

LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 12, 2007, 02:25:54 PM »

Wow. Just wow.

Eve is an incredible game if you have the time and the inclination to PvP. Certainly it's the most realized virtual universe out there.

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 12, 2007, 12:26:14 PM »

Hey guys.

Look what the guy with the great Avatars found:

http://www.tentonhammer.com/index.php?module=ContentExpress&func=display&ceid=485

I think it's a cool.

LD

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 13, 2007, 12:22:01 PM »

What is AFK magazine, exactly?  I hadn't heard of it until today, but the online browser sure is cool.

http://www.afkmagazine.com/

Also, what is this ship?

LD

SkyLander

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 14, 2007, 03:56:15 AM »

Never heard of AFK Magazine looks pretty cool.

That is the Amarr fighter I believe, used on carriers. Basically a cruiser sized drone.

LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 16, 2007, 04:54:53 PM »

I got an invite back in for 7 days free. Mighty tempting to boot it up and see how it runs on my new box.

How much is the x-pack?

SkyLander

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 16, 2007, 11:33:51 PM »

All expansions for eve are free.

LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 17, 2007, 01:51:56 PM »

Quote from: SkyLander on March 16, 2007, 11:33:51 PM

All expansions for eve are free.
Cool. Looks like I waited too long to take advantage of the 7 day offer.

Oh, well.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: