http://gamingtrend.com
November 26, 2014, 09:50:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eve Online  (Read 12095 times)
unbreakable
« on: March 23, 2006, 08:06:01 PM »

That damn banner ad has been working it's subliminal messages on me!!

I have the "will only pay for one MMOG" rule, but something... about... space... trading... powers failing... ugh!

Has anyone played this?  I've been looking at reviews, and they seem positive (and interesting), which just seems to make me want it more.

Are the animations in the banner cutscenes or intro movies or whatever, or does the game actually look like that?
Soulchilde
Gaming Trend Senior Member

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 09:44:53 PM »

Check out this thread from OO

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
unbreakable
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 03:31:45 AM »

Quote from: "Soulchilde"
Check out this thread from OO

...contemplating if it's worth sullying myself.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 12:24:57 PM »

I played it for the free month a while back.  I'm not much of an MMO person, but I am very much a sci-fi person, so...

To answer your question... Yep, it looks like the ad.  The graphics are insanely good to be quite honest.  Understand however, that actually having nice big ships like you see in most ads, and viewing the combat like you see aren't exactly what to expect from the game for quite some time.  You need to build up to those bigger ships, and build up to being able to enter the low-security type of space areas where you will see ships and battles like that.  The early game is basically you cruising around star systems that look pretty much the same (with the exception of the huge starbases, which all look different), doing minor things here and there.

Eve Online is a very difficult "game" to describe, quite honestly.  You almost have to play it yourself to understand it.  It is just very different than most other games out there.

Hope that helped a little.

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Mykos
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 01:39:25 PM »

EVE is certainly a difficult game to describe.  You can explain it to someone and they think it sounds great and get in game and just can't get into it.  I am now playing my 3rd stint into EVE.  I played from beta into about 8 months after rlease.  Got burned out of games in general and left.  I came back to EVE and played again for about a year.  WoW came out and went to play that.  I am now back in EVE for about 4 months now.

As you can see, I am a one mmo person as well.  I get entrenched in jsut one and can't focus on others.

Some things about EVE...

1.  Its beautiful.  The Graphics for a 3 year old game are still tops.  The detail of the ships when you zoom in on one is pretty really nice.  Envrionmental graphics are almost peaceful and its not all jsut black space with some stars either.  There is some variety with space nebulae and clouds.

2.  EVE is a game about risk vs reward.  You can stay in the safest of systems and never risk much.  however, you won't gain much either.  As you venture out to the lower security systems and you find better ores to mine, tougher npc's to kill and eventually into areas where other players can attack you, the reward becomes greater.

3. The agent system, or quests as fantasy rpgs call them, is very robust.  You can do missions for agents that range from mining ore, running trade goods to various places and killing npc's.  You are rewarded fro your efforts.

4. It has a varied crafting system.  Hundreds of items you can make if you have the Blueprint and minerals from the ores mined.  You can research Blueprint Originals with science skils to make them more efficient.  You can sell finished products, Blueprint copies (if the BP Original is worth anything) or just the ores and minerals you mine.

5.  Combat is pretty much what your used to in other MMO's.  click target, lock-on(time varies for this with skill, equipment and ship size), fire weapons, monitor your ships shield and armor and regen thsoe with equipment as needed.  You can witht he right skills control drones to help fight with you.

6.  There are lots of ship choices from small frigates to large battleships to extreme capital ships.  It takes time to progress to each ship type.

7. The skill training system is unique and one fo the great thigs I like about EVE.  Training skills is abotu time.  Its about real time.  If it says it takes 2 hours to train, thats two hours of real time.  You can do nothing in EVE without traiing skills.  You can raise your attributes, which helps reduce training times.  You learn to use new equipment by training skills.  You might say well that soudns horrible.  The neat thing is that the skill trains when you shut downt he game as well.  Soem skills take days upon days to train.  You can train a 1 day skill and it takes 1 day whether your there playing it or not.  You never fall behind.  Unless you have poor planning skills.  By the way there are 140+ skills, I think.  In three years, nobody is maxed out. smile

8. PvP is there.  You can avoid it by staying in higher security systems, .5 and up.  As soon as you crossover into .4 and below system you run the risk of getting your ship blown up.  You also runt he risk of getting podded, which is very bad.  You can still go to the lower systems, just get with a good group called a corporation to help you.

I am sure there is more I could type.  I am a fan of the game so my opinions are biased.  It really is a game you have to try and see for yourself.  Take a shot at the 14 day trial.

I recommend that if you go that route, train combat skills and do combat related stuff.  There are tutorial missiosn to help you get your feet weta nd elarn the game and then progress from there.

Michael Haniotes

"When you woke up this morning you put your faith in something or someone, what or who was it?"
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2006, 07:04:29 AM »

I been playin Eve online for 8.5 months now and have two characters with 9.5 million sp and a couple lower alts on a 3rd account.

I'm getting to be a highly placed member in a good corporation that just created a new alliance last March 31st and we're becoming quite powerful and doing alliance buliding now.

Look me up if your interested in joining up.  

My main character will be in a Capital ship (Caldari Carrier) in 39 more days.

Fuzzina Finzirak - Caldari combat pilot focusing towards capital ships
Fuzinzia Finzirak - jack of all trades
Fuzzine Finzirak - my newest alt still on learning skills.

Charactername Fuzzina Finzirak.........Intelligence 18
Corporation ARK-CORP.....................Perception 22
Total Cash 625,415,188 ISK..............Charisma 14
Total skill points 9,663,541................Willpower 19
.......................................................Memory 17
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2006, 05:16:43 PM »

Ive always head Eve described as a space mining sim.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2006, 07:50:47 PM »

Every time I try this game I want to love it and I get bored shortly after the tutorial frown It seems like it requires an investment of patience a lot of gamers do not have.
VynlSol

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2006, 08:44:59 PM »

Downloaded it last night, so far I'm having a lot of fun.
Ibis
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2006, 05:24:57 AM »

I'm female and I like EVE. It's beautiful, I'm good at mining (I'm a person who likes repetitive tasks) and my hubby Cain will run interference for me with his fighters if I need it. I used to like the Amarr the best, but now am favoring the Galente. Cain likes the Caldari the best.

What I really don't like about EVE is the very, very, very, very, very long train-up times. I don't really see the need for this - or - what their point is in doing it. It makes me want to not play. Why when you are paying for a month of playtime ... do you have to wait 3 days or 1 week or whatever to gain a skill so that you can fly a vessel that you can already afford.

If they think it makes people value the ships more because they had to go through so much training time in order to fly them - it really has the opposite effect on me. I figure, their charging me good gaming time money when I'm sitting around the cargo hold, waiting to train to fly my ship.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away ......... *from Farewell Note of Velda to her loving family.
Mykos
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2006, 02:29:36 PM »

Quote from: "Daehawk"
Ive always head Eve described as a space mining sim.

That is an old description and it was a very true one .  Mining used to be the only way to make substantial amount is money.  They revamped the other methods to be as lucrative.  Mining is still a very vital part of the game and still one of the quickest ways to earn isk.  It is boring and tedious.  It can become like work.

I am in my 3rd tour of eve after taking breaks the previous two times.  Both of those times I was more focused on mining and manufacturing,  this time I am focused on combat and having a blast.

Agent missions will eventually pass the income you can make on mining.  It does take a patience to get to the lvl 3 agents, but when you do you are rewarded.  Lvl 4 Agents are insane and helps to group for them.

So it is no longer a mining sim.  It can be if you want it too, but it is not mandatory anymore.

It is a game of patience and persistance to reach your goals,

Michael Haniotes

"When you woke up this morning you put your faith in something or someone, what or who was it?"
unbreakable
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2006, 07:27:55 AM »

Can you guys explain some of what you said?

I don't understand what you mean by agent.
Also, what are the differences in the races?  Does it really matter?
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2006, 11:19:23 AM »

In simple terms:

Agent = Quest Giver.  You know, like those characters in WoW with the big green exclamation points over their heads.

Yes, race makes a difference. Man, it's been a long time, but I think it determines starting attributes to a degree, the types of ships you can learn to fly at the beginning of the game, what part of the universe you start in, and your starting relationships with other races (maybe).

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2006, 06:33:19 AM »

Race will also matter in the upcoming faction war which will be introduced with the free Kali expansion.  This will of course be voluntary to participate in....

Long training times are for the most part not required to use all tech 1 equipment and using all tech 1 equipment is perfectly viable.

On the other hand, capital ships and tech 2 require long training times, and are insanely expensive to boot.  They are luxury and yes, the long training for it makes you appreciate it a LOT more.  On the other hand, this is the best MMO system for leveling ever designed. a New player can in a short time compete in specialized areas with vets yet vets can do more different things better.  And you dont grind for exp, that just comes...you run missions and mine for resources when you want to, but your character grows constantly.
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2006, 08:43:34 PM »

Well, I've succumbed to the EVE online. I tried ot get into it before but had trouble just getting through the tutorial section. I decided that I didn't give EVE a fair handshake and decided to try again.

My ingame name is Spar Hawk (don't forget the space).

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
MrZubbleWump
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2006, 03:04:10 AM »

Can anyone tell me if Eve has anything like "instances" in it?  In other words can I take about 5 other people with me into a mission that only us five are experiencing at that time?
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2006, 01:57:48 PM »

Quote from: "MrZubbleWump"
Can anyone tell me if Eve has anything like "instances" in it?  In other words can I take about 5 other people with me into a mission that only us five are experiencing at that time?

I'm pretty sure that is a negative.

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
Mykos
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2006, 02:38:16 PM »

Quote from: "MrZubbleWump"

They are not like instances you knwo of now.  There are areas called complxes which are similar to instances.  Theya re not unique to jsut you thougha dn there is a chance that you will be competeing wiht someone to get the key to open the next gate.  Complexes act as EVE's dungeons though.

Not sure if thats what your lookign for.

Michael Haniotes

Mykos
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2006, 02:47:45 PM »

Quote from: "unbreakable"
Can you guys explain some of what you said?

I don't understand what you mean by agent.
Also, what are the differences in the races?  Does it really matter?

Sorry been a bit distracted lately.  Agents are basically quest givers.  These agents work in various divisions of npc corporations, ie manufacturing or security.  If you want to do quests that involve making stuff, look for manufactuing agents, if you want to kill look to security.  I have a link to the type of missions each division gives, if you want it.

Race does not play a major role in anything at present.  As a previous poster mentioned, Kali expansion, a free download, will have faction wars.  The war will be a choice to join and you can jsut be an on-looker if you desire.  Diff races of course fly diff chips.  So knwoing what each races ships strengths are before you choose a race is good.  Stats are fairly balanced across the races, but there are some differences that in the long run will not amount to much unless you choose stats that dont benefit the skill training fo your major area of game play.  Stats affect skill training time.  Each skill has a primary stat and a secondary stat that affects the training time.  Its really not a huge deal, I persoanlly try to balance my stats at creation as much as possible.  Charisma is the least used stat in skill training.  So you can do with a smaller amount in it to boost the other 4.

I will try to keep an eye onthis thread a little more.  If you have questions, feel free to ask.  I will try to answer them.

Michael Haniotes

Mykos
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2006, 02:51:18 PM »

Quote from: "Fuzzballx"
Race will also matter in the upcoming faction war which will be introduced with the free Kali expansion.  This will of course be voluntary to participate in....

Long training times are for the most part not required to use all tech 1 equipment and using all tech 1 equipment is perfectly viable.

On the other hand, capital ships and tech 2 require long training times, and are insanely expensive to boot.  They are luxury and yes, the long training for it makes you appreciate it a LOT more.  On the other hand, this is the best MMO system for leveling ever designed. a New player can in a short time compete in specialized areas with vets yet vets can do more different things better.  And you dont grind for exp, that just comes...you run missions and mine for resources when you want to, but your character grows constantly.

I agree.  Eve is one of the few games that will allow a new player to be up and fighting seasoned pilots in as little as a month of actual trianing time.  EVE is more about PvP, but even npc hunting is viable from the day you enter the game.  I have a quick skill plan I use and recommend on character creation, mainly for combat piloting.  Which is what most peopel wanna do anyway.  If there is some interest, let me know.  I may port it to an excel sheet and spice it up with what to train and when for gettign a good basic foundation of skills.

Michael Haniotes

unbreakable
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2006, 03:53:07 AM »

Sure, that would be cool.  If I played, I would probably be more into the combat aspect of it.
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2006, 09:26:53 PM »

Man, I played this in beta and was totally confused by it for some reason. I think it was the controls.

Loved the character creation, though.

Now that I have a decent comp I may just give this a try. Sounds like you could play it for an hour in the evening and more on the weekends and still make some progress in the game.

Fallin' feels like flyin'. For a little while. - Bad Blake
You're a funny drunk. - my wife
Mykos
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2006, 01:44:41 PM »

Took me a little bit to clean up the sheet.  Its an excel sheet, so have fun.

Basic Training Guide

Take note of the two tabs.  The first you see is a check lsit the 2nd tab is a step by step help guide for training.

If you have any questiosn feel free to ask.  If your playign now and jsut wondeirng in space, send an evemail to Mykhel.  I will be glad to help you out.

Michael Haniotes

LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2006, 02:05:47 PM »

Well, the official forums are down and there doesn't seem to be any fansites out there so I'll ask here.

Is it possible to, or even advisable, to make a manufacturer-centric character? Would you just go with the basic class or do a custom? Heard rumors that mining in the newbie areas is difficult due to corp stripmining?

Not sure about pvp...never really done it in any game I've played and it would seem like it would be a while before you'd be more than fodder anyway.

Went through the first couple of tuts last night (didn't have much time) and I'll probably start over Friday night when I have more time (tonight is dart league and working late)

Mykos
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2006, 02:15:41 PM »

CCP is doign a hardware upgrade.  So nothign will be available from EVE all day.

Yes you can make a manufacturing centric character.  There are a variety of ways to go.  Answer these two questions.  Iw ill continue helping.

1.  Do you plan to mine your own minerals for manufacturing?
2.  What type of things will you want to build from the vast library of blueprints?

If you follow the guide I linked too, you will be surprised.  Now you won't be able to go one on one pvp, but if you get invovled with a corporation and group with others, you will have some success and be a viable asset to the pvp realm.

Yeah goign through the tutorial missions, 10 of htem I think will give you a nice bit of starting isk and some knowledge about the game.

Whether you go for a manufacuritng character, I will call them an industrialist in future posts, or pvp.  you will need some combat skills.  They jsut might need to be tweaked a little as using drones might be a better optioin for the industrialist.

Michael Haniotes

LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2006, 02:59:04 PM »

1. Do you plan to mine your own minerals for manufacturing?

Yes, at least part time. I'm certain I'll have to be buying stuff on the market and, if Eve is like other MMOs, I'm guessing there will be materials that will only be available in the sub-.5 areas.

2. What type of things will you want to build from the vast library of blueprints?

Things that would be useful to a Corporation that I would hope to become involved in at some point (no idea which one at all). I'm not sure how long it takes a newbie industrialist to advance to where he can make items that would be useful to others. Can all Eve characters make the basic necessities (ammo and the like)?

I'd also like to be able to do Agent 'quests' and do some NPC killing.

PvP...I've never done it. Period. But for some strange reason it intrigues me in Eve so at some point down the line, if being an Industrialist gets boring and I need a change, I just might like to take a stab at it. If it doesn't take great reflexes (at 50+, mine are shot biggrin), I might enjoy it.

Looking forward to starting over Friday night and finishing off the tutorial.

Thanks for your help.

Mykos
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2006, 04:19:47 PM »

Quote from: "LoneStarSpur"
1. Do you plan to mine your own minerals for manufacturing?

Yes, at least part time. I'm certain I'll have to be buying stuff on the market and, if Eve is like other MMOs, I'm guessing there will be materials that will only be available in the sub-.5 areas.

Mining in a .9 to 1.0 security system will be easy in terms of no npc's or players attacking you, some minor griefing from players called ore theives, but not to worry much about them.  Competition in those systems will be high because "AFK" Macro miners will abound eating up all the asteroids.  Corporations strip mining the low end mienrals that are the basic building blocks of all manufacturing.  Simle asteroids only in these systems.

Mining in .8 to .5 systems introduces the npc "rats" which will spawn in from time to time.  in a .8 they will be a nuisance only.  They will spawn 2-3 and only be of the smallest ships, frigates.   When you get down to a .5 system there may be the occasional crusier spawna nd severla frigates and destroyers.  It will depend on what your minig in whether they are overly dangerous or not.  You start seeing some better asteroids to mine and the competion for them can be fierce.  

Now when u get into the .4 and below systems is when you open up the threat of bigger npc's and players as well.  You will see more of the ores you started to see in .5 systems in more belts.  Higher risk equals higher reward.  I do not recommend these systems for solo mining.

Her eis a link to ore types. http://www.evegeek.com/  You may need to click some links to find the ore info.

2. What type of things will you want to build from the vast library of blueprints?

Things that would be useful to a Corporation that I would hope to become involved in at some point (no idea which one at all). I'm not sure how long it takes a newbie industrialist to advance to where he can make items that would be useful to others. Can all Eve characters make the basic necessities (ammo and the like)?

You can start making stuff as soon as you get into game, if you have the blueprint to make an item.  Prices range on the blueprints and almsot al the absic items BP's are sold on the market.  If you are going to manufacture, you need a few skilsl to help reduce your cost of building, production efficieny is one such skill.  It will reduce the minerals required to build x item.  I highly recommend lvl 3  or 4 before you start mass building.  It will save some minerals over the long haul.  Competition ont he market is the key thing.  Finding what peopel are buying up and seeing if you can make it for a profit.  Its a business simulator and it can be tedious. If you like micromanaging profits, its a blast.

I'd also like to be able to do Agent 'quests' and do some NPC killing.

PvP...I've never done it. Period. But for some strange reason it intrigues me in Eve so at some point down the line, if being an Industrialist gets boring and I need a change, I just might like to take a stab at it. If it doesn't take great reflexes (at 50+, mine are shot biggrin), I might enjoy it.

Looking forward to starting over Friday night and finishing off the tutorial.

Thanks for your help.

Agent missiosn are a great source of income and items that can be refined into minerals.  I highly recommend doign them.  It sa great source of extra isk and also a nice break from doing industrialist stuff.

PvP is a wide areana in eve.  So take your time and figure out where you want to go.  Let me knwo when you plan tos tart, I will be glad to let ya join my corp and get involved in some large scale stuff where it might look intimidating, but being ina  alrger group can really save your hide.

Michael Haniotes

LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2006, 05:41:22 PM »

Thanks for the help, Mykos, and the excellent link.

I'll look you up after I've been in game enough to at least figure out how to chat. slywink

Mykos
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2006, 07:09:51 PM »

Thanks for the help, Mykos, and the excellent link.

I'll look you up after I've been in game enough to at least figure out how to chat. slywink

Opent he people and places neocon, on the left side of your screen.  That will bring up a window that has several tabs and at the top a search feature.  You can search for people, corporations, systems, etc.  Make sure the drop down list is set to characters and type in my name, Mykhel.  I should be the only single name on the list.  right click my name in the pop up window and from there you can add me to your addressbook, send me an evemail(an in game mail), or start a conversation with me(if I am on).

Michael Haniotes

Mykos
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2006, 07:13:23 PM »

Here is another good link for a vast amount of information.  It has links to other info as well.

http://eve.grismar.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=WikiHome

Michael Haniotes

unbreakable
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2006, 10:35:21 PM »

So what kind of options are there if you wanted to play full-on PvP?  How do you make money, what skills would you want, etc?

I'l try it out soon, I just want to make sure it's viable to play that way.  Can you get an "Elite" game style trader/fighter?
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2006, 12:09:09 AM »

Quote from: "unbreakable"
So what kind of options are there if you wanted to play full-on PvP?  How do you make money, what skills would you want, etc?

I'l try it out soon, I just want to make sure it's viable to play that way.  Can you get an "Elite" game style trader/fighter?

Well, I've played about an hour so I'm probably not really qualified to answer this (although I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night), but here goes.

A pvp Elite style trader/fighter is very common in the game. I've read you can set your char up to have lvl 3 Frigates at the start. A 2million point char can kill a 20million point char with the right equipment/knowledge.

Skills and attributes are better left to someone who actually knows something about the game. biggrin There are no xp's as near as I can tell.

Off to finish the tut!

Mykos
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2006, 02:07:16 AM »

There are plenty of pvp options.  I would not recommend a solo pvp career, as in any mmo thats just not gonna work for ya.  Even more so in eve.  Find a corp that works on pvp alot.  I would recommend my corp, as we just signed in on one of the biggest allainces in eve and will be getting into a lot of pvp soon.  I will be glad to help you as muich as possible.  I liek to see people enjoy their time.

With time you can be everything in game.  It takes time to train skills.  So initially you need to focus your time in one area.  The giude in my excel sheet will get you up and running into pvp or agent mission combat pretty quickly.  Training thsoe skills to thsoe levels suggested will have you in the 1 mil skill point range in under a month.  I will be happy to recommend futher training once you get a taste of the game a little more in depth.

You can actually get a startign character with lvl 4 frigate at start follwoing the right custom career path at creation.

Michael Haniotes

Mykos
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2006, 02:27:43 AM »

Feel free to leave me your eve names so i can add ya to my address book smile

Michael Haniotes

LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2006, 04:07:33 AM »

Quote from: "Mykos"
Feel free to leave me your eve names so i can add ya to my address book smile

Dang...I was gonna drop you an evemail and forgot. Got too busy trying to complete the tutorial (just finished the first tutorial Agent mission...lordy I suck at combat biggrin) I now have a grand total of 36,000 isk.

My char is Zellin Dalimar...Minmatar.

Set a nice 12 hour skill to training and now off to sleep. Hopefully back at it in the morning after yard work. LOL

Did I mention I suck at combat and handling my ship? slywink

Mykos
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2006, 04:19:14 AM »

it takes a little time get used to it, targettign and activating weapons is key smile

Michael Haniotes

LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2006, 04:56:16 PM »

Mykos,

I'm having a real problem with CTDs when jumping.

New system with all up-to-date drivers.

Gonna try logserver.exe to see if anything shows.

Mykos
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2006, 04:03:03 AM »

That stinks.  I hope you get it worked out.  Let me know.

Michael Haniotes

Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2006, 05:43:04 AM »

Note:  We'll have a writeup on EVE Online in the next few days to week (it's in my pile of things to write)
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2006, 01:27:24 PM »

Finally out of my newbie ship. Picked up a Minmatar Probe this morning. Named her "Cold Dish". Updated my clone and bought some insurance on the ship.

This game is simply amazing and well worth the long travel times.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: