http://gamingtrend.com
December 20, 2014, 07:30:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EVE Online players can get GTX 560 with PLEX  (Read 528 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: March 27, 2012, 01:26:56 AM »

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/722105/eve-onlines-plex-can-now-be-traded-for-a-nvidia-geforce-gtx-560/

CCP Games announced Friday, March 23 that players will, for at least a limited amount of time, be able to purchase an Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 for 20 PLEX, an in-game item. I've written on EVE's currency system before and it can be confusing for outsiders heck, it's confusing for me sometimes! so let me break it down a little bit for those not in the know:

In EVE Online, you can mine, pirate, take contracts, and otherwise earn an in-game currency abbreviated as ISK. The value of ISK can fluctuate wildly depending on supply and demand, as well as factors like war, control of resources, etc. But in any case, ISK can be used to purchase a Pilot's License Extension, otherwise known as PLEX.

the card will cost 20 PLEX, and it's limited quantities.  kinda neat of them to give a way for players to use in-game rewards for something that could benefit them outside of it.  of course if you don't need one but have plenty of PLEX you could probably make a killing selling them:

Well now, 20 PLEX will net you the most popular graphics card used by EVE players, the GTX 560. The announcement naturally sent PLEX prices skyrocketing, pushing it upwards of 350,000 ISK. Which means if you want this card, you'll need to earn 7 million ISK in-game. Or more, depending on what the market looks like today.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
greeneggsnham
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 01:33:58 AM »

I think they have the value off. I would think 20 Plex would be worth ~ 7 Billion ISK, not 7 million.

7 Mil won't even buy the paint on a BS.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: