http://gamingtrend.com
April 18, 2014, 12:31:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eve Online - GT+OO Corporation (Naming?)  (Read 24839 times)
Isgrimnur
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 24, 2009, 05:07:36 PM »

As soon as I figure out how to find the location.  I think I'm 10 jumps away and I'm still on a trial account. 

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 24, 2009, 05:50:07 PM »

Well, you can sign up at either Clellinon or Amygnon, whichever is closest, but we're based in Amygnon.  Just open up People & Places on your Neocon (the vertical bar on the left) and set the search for solar system, then type in the name.  When it comes up, you can right-click it and 'set destination.'

Bear in mind that just because we're based in Amygnon there's no reason for you to actually be there except for mining ops (we usually mine in Amygnon) or if you want to browse the corporate hangar for stuff.  The main office is in the X-Sense facility.  We also have an office at the nearby Garoun Investment Bank station but we only use it for reprocessing ores.

Oh, and if you choose Clellinon you need to browse the headquarters on the station menu.  For Amygnon, browse the offices.

You know about the Octopus Overlords channel, right?

Resident anti-Steam troll
Steam profile
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 24, 2009, 06:15:17 PM »

Yeah, i've been in it the last few nights.  Everybody's been really helpful. 

TheAtomicKid

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 25, 2009, 06:20:09 AM »

Quote from: LoneStarSpur on April 24, 2009, 02:23:44 PM

I've decided on a Prophecy for my first BC. Any thoughts on this boat?

Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 24, 2009, 02:42:43 PM

Mount lasers on it. nod

Mining lasers, that is smile

Atomic
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 25, 2009, 01:29:15 PM »

Quote from: TheAtomicKid on April 25, 2009, 06:20:09 AM

Quote from: LoneStarSpur on April 24, 2009, 02:23:44 PM

I've decided on a Prophecy for my first BC. Any thoughts on this boat?

Quote from: Huw the Poo on April 24, 2009, 02:42:43 PM

Mount lasers on it. nod

Mining lasers, that is smile

Atomic
If I run across many more L2 missions where I can't use the BC, I might have too. slywink

Fallin' feels like flyin'. For a little while. - Bad Blake
You're a funny drunk. - my wife
WW
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: April 25, 2009, 03:25:21 PM »

Learned a good lesson last night don't take a mission with a 6 hour time limit at 11:00 pm. No matter how "easy" eve missions says it is.

I believe virtually everything I read, and I think that is what makes me more of a selective human than someone who doesn't believe
 WW
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: April 25, 2009, 03:29:16 PM »

Heh, yeah, the ones that say six hours take ages.  I've had a storyline mission available for several days now that I haven't begun for just this reason.  Waiting for a good gaming window...

Steam profile
gangeli
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 27, 2009, 05:07:12 PM »

signed up and joined the corp this weekend.  in game name is Inyane Decate.  i'm amarr, mostly cause i thought lasers would
be cool.  hope thats not a bad choice smile

met a few helpful people in the chat channel, who were ok with my clueless questions smile

oh, and i'm a pretty casual player.  specially with summer arriving soon, like to spend lots of time outdoors.

total newb, have little to no idea what i'm doing, still in the middle of the different career tutorial missions.

would be helpful if the first post in this thread could have the following info added:  channel name/password, corp name, and location of corp offices, perhaps how to get there and sign up.  that way people thinking of playing wouldn't have to read the 10+ page thread to try and find the location.

so, as in most mmorpgs, if the social aspect is good, i can see playing for awhile. 

not sure what sort of things i should aim for to help the corp out, but i'm hoping once i go through all the tutorial missions i'll have a better idea.

all the ship and load out options are a bit overwhelming to me at this time.  again, something i hope i figure out by the time i finish the tutorial missions smile

gangeli
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: April 27, 2009, 05:14:28 PM »

quick question, as an amarr, what sort of ship should i be looking to buy when i'm done with my tutorial missions?

not knowing what sort of path i'm going to be pursuing, is there a general all around good frigate i should get?
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: April 27, 2009, 05:20:12 PM »

If you do all the tutorial missions you won't have to buy any ships at all for a good while.  You'll get plenty of ships as rewards. smile

Welcome to the corp by the way!  Good idea about consolidating info; I'll have to ask Raz to do it since it's his thread.

Steam profile
BrianE
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: April 27, 2009, 06:07:13 PM »

Welcome gangeli, hope you're enjoying things so far. I try to play as much as I can (which seems kinda like casual), usually in-game a few nights a week around 10pm est (longer sessions on the weekends), so if you're on at that time, I'd be happy to help out in any way.

Character's name is Infra Red. See you out there!

If all the world's a stage...then I want better lighting.
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: April 27, 2009, 06:48:35 PM »

Quote from: gangeli on April 27, 2009, 05:14:28 PM

quick question, as an amarr, what sort of ship should i be looking to buy when i'm done with my tutorial missions?

not knowing what sort of path i'm going to be pursuing, is there a general all around good frigate i should get?
Coercer...screw frigates, get a Destroyer.  icon_biggrin

gangeli
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 27, 2009, 07:43:49 PM »

Quote from: LoneStarSpur on April 27, 2009, 06:48:35 PM

see, i don't even know enough to know if that is a joke or not smile

ah, yes, i have gotten a few ships all ready, but as far as i've been able to tell, each one seems better than the last,
so i've just been moving over my gear and deconstructing the old ones.  hope i'm not making a mistake!
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 27, 2009, 08:09:55 PM »

Quote from: gangeli on April 27, 2009, 07:43:49 PM

Quote from: LoneStarSpur on April 27, 2009, 06:48:35 PM

see, i don't even know enough to know if that is a joke or not smile

ah, yes, i have gotten a few ships all ready, but as far as i've been able to tell, each one seems better than the last,
so i've just been moving over my gear and deconstructing the old ones.  hope i'm not making a mistake!
Not a joke...Coercer is a great ship...between the frigs and cruisers. Something for you to shoot for, imho...a nice, pretty short-term goal to have. If you look at the info on one in game and then check the 'recommended' certificates, that can give you a decent idea of what to train. You do have Evemon, don't you?

Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 28, 2009, 08:49:58 AM »

Quote from: gangeli on April 27, 2009, 07:43:49 PM

Eve doesn't really work like that.  All...I repeat for the sake of emphasis...ALL ships have their uses.  You may think a lowly frigate couldn't possibly be of any use in combat between fleets that are fielding cruisers and battleships.  Well, frigates are fast and small and difficult if not impossible for big guns to track.  So frigates are often used as "tacklers" to get in close to big ships, web/scramble them to prevent them escaping, and otherwise be a pain in the arse to them until the rest of your fleet can bring the big guns to bear on the poor unfortunate fool.

Frigates have different uses too.  One will be good for combat, one will be good for mining, one good for EW (electronic warfare) etc.  A bog-standard industrial ship with no upgrades will still be invaluable to you when you need to "move home." 

So there's no such thing as a useless ship.  Check the bonuses for each ship.  For example, the Amarr frigate Tormentor has 5% bonus to cargo capacity and 20% bonus to mining laser yield per level, as well as lower capacitor use for mining lasers.  Per level means each level of Amarr Frigate that you have trained.  So if you train Amarr Frigate all the way up to V, you'd get the full 25% cargo capacity bonus and a whopping 100% mining laser yield bonus.

Personally I very rarely refine/sell my ships.  In fact the only ship I've ever got rid of was an industrial because I had about three of them and only use one.  I kept one as a spare. slywink
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 08:51:32 AM by Huw the Poo » Logged

Steam profile
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 28, 2009, 11:31:34 AM »

Hey, Huw. For some reason I can't answer corp mail, but I did see your latest and would be very interested in getting up a bunch of cheap ships and heading into Lowsec and dying some. slywink

Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: April 28, 2009, 11:46:02 AM »

Hmm?  I don't think that mail came from me; it might have been Booner.  Unless my memory is failing me!  We have been discussing it lately though, yeah.  I'd like to give my Vexor something to do other than mining. smile

Steam profile
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 28, 2009, 01:33:38 PM »

I get the board names/Eve names mixed up so I guess it was someone else who send it out.

Sorry about that!

Silky
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: April 28, 2009, 02:43:03 PM »

Going into lowsec with cheap frigates can be a fun idea.  The problem comes in if you have expensive implants.  Clone jumping can solve this problem somewhat but you have to have 8.0 standings with a corp to be able to use them.  Kaf has access to clone jumps so if I am available I can participate and not risk my shiny implants.
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #339 on: April 28, 2009, 03:37:16 PM »

Yeah  i have a  full set of +3 implants which still equates to 100mill + i can't afford to lose yet i would like to do low sec. I am up to 7.0 on standing though so not too far to go for a jump clone.

BrianE
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: April 28, 2009, 06:50:46 PM »

I'd love to get out there and mix it up a bit with some inexpensive ships. What's the best way to go about this without putting the corp in a precarious position?

AStott
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: April 28, 2009, 07:38:10 PM »

Probably join Faction Warfare...
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 28, 2009, 08:29:10 PM »

Heh, that might be just a bit too much!  Besides, is it even feasible for a corp made up of all four races to join FW?

Steam profile
AStott
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: April 29, 2009, 05:38:24 PM »

I'm pretty sure that a person can join FW without dragging the whole corp into it. And there shouldn't be any reason (other than corp standing) that a corp can join any faction in FW.
BrianE
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 04, 2009, 01:16:21 PM »

Been a bit quiet...any plans in the works?

Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: May 04, 2009, 02:33:12 PM »

Not really.  I've barely logged in myself lately.  I expect Booner still wants to go kill someone in the face and I'm all for joining him at some point.  It's tough to chase pirates without raising your sec status though; how far away from 0.0 are we?

Steam profile
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 04, 2009, 02:37:28 PM »

My trial expires today and I am leaving town tomorrow night until Mother's Day.  I've loaded my queue up with skill training that hopefully won't be put on hold when my trial expires.  A final decision is outstanding.

Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 04, 2009, 02:55:36 PM »

I'm facing a similar dilemma actually.  My current time expires in 10 days or so, and a few days after that I'm going on holiday.  Then shortly after that I'm moving house.  So I'm not sure whether it's worth buying any more time - which, of course, means we might need a new CEO...

Steam profile
Booner

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 04, 2009, 03:16:58 PM »

Sorry that I've barely been able to log on over this past week...I'd been excavating ground and pouring 2-1/2 tons of concrete so they could have a shaded second patio.  saywhat

I've finished the project and hope to get a bit of time in the next few days to actually sit down and play.

Mykos
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 05, 2009, 02:17:50 PM »

It has been a long time since I have been to GT and I am a long time EVE player.  I bounce back and forth into it.  I would like to offer my services and helps, at least with what I do know to help the GT member corp out in its start-up.  If anyone wants to message me in game, my name is Mykhel in EVE.  I am not playing a lot right now, but training my character.  I would be happy to help discuss whatever you want, let me know.

Edit note, you can also pm me here if you so desire.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 02:19:39 PM by Mykos » Logged

Michael Haniotes

"When you woke up this morning you put your faith in something or someone, what or who was it?"
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 05, 2009, 06:43:10 PM »

Thanks Mykos, kind of you to offer. smile

However, and I was going to post this anyway:

We've had a couple of people leave TTSTC because of a lack of activity, and that's fine.  The corp was only ever meant to be a casual collective of freelancers anyway.  We're not organised enough for anything else, and frankly that's the way I thought - and still think - people want it.  Hence the lack of interest in mining ops for example, although that could just be because you guys think mining is boring. slywink

But I could take some of the blame.  A few of us have made vague noises about making things die but nothing has been organised yet.  If there's a show of interest either myself or one of our directors (or someone with good PvP experience) will get a combat gang going, and maybe head into lowsec space to see what we can kill.

In the long run, I still think we should join an alliance.  There's really little point in playing Eve if you're not going to get into the "metagame" stuff, and that usually means setting up in 0.0 space - something a corp our size can't do.

Finally, I made the decision to buy another thirty days of game time today, so I will remain your CEO until some time in June at least, provided nobody else wants to do the job. biggrin

Steam profile
Mykos
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 05, 2009, 06:52:30 PM »

I will be around.  I joined the channel today and met a couple of members.  I just came out of 0.0 space and was looking to spark some industrial/mining movement.  The industrial side of this game usually is the first step in because it is easier to get started.  Then people want to move to combat to pvp which entails 0.0 most of the time.  I tend to enjoy the industrial side, but finding those who like to sit and mine for hours on end to get the minerals is rare these days.

I can do lvl 4 missions in gallente and minmatar races.  If anyone wants to tackle them.  I don't know if they have changed it yet or if it was a rumor i never checked into that the ai was going to change for rats.  If it hasn't, I can tank lvl 4's myself and let other pew pew them as long as the rats don't switch targets now.

I find the most fun in EVE by helping small corps get to a new goal.  I have either started these or joined them in the past.  Typically it reached a point where the member grew and wanted to go different directions.  I am fine with that as well, it sounds like this corp may be reaching that level already.  However, I will be around, so let me know if you want help in an area and how i can help.

Michael Haniotes

"When you woke up this morning you put your faith in something or someone, what or who was it?"
SkyLander

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 08, 2009, 05:10:34 PM »

Finals and projects are kicking my ass at the moment so I haven't had a lot of time to be on. Once school is over I'll be able to log on and mess around a bit and be able to help out and so forth again.

Pretty....what do we blow up first?
BrianE
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 08, 2009, 08:34:58 PM »

I've eased up a bit too...RL has been busy and I've also found myself getting back into flight and racing sims (bought an x52, and TrackIR is on the way). EVE's always been an ebb and flow kind of game where I'm either playing it every chance I get, or not touching it for a week (or weeks).

Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 08, 2009, 09:23:09 PM »

OK guys.  Mykos has been scouting some areas close to 0.0 space.  A likely suspect is the system Masalle, in Verge Vendor.  It's only a few hops from Amygnon, it has affordable offices (Minmatar station), good reprocessing facilities, lots of ore belts, and it's two jumps from 0.0.  We can get some real action going if we head on out there in cheap ships kitted out for combat.  I have a Vexor I can take and in about a month I'll be flying an interceptor.

This could be a chance for some proper combat at last.  And if all else fails we have Mykos's other options - see his Eve mails.

Who's in?

Steam profile
BrianE
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 08, 2009, 11:40:45 PM »

Definitely in, but I'll be away this weekend for work. I should be back Wednesday and I'll have Caldari Frigate at 5 soon after so I can start looking at some covert op stuff.

andon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 10, 2009, 08:35:38 PM »

I'm still hanging out in Masalle.  That's been my home base for a bit now.  I'll try to pop in and see what I can do with you guys.
Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 11, 2009, 08:00:12 AM »

Hi guys.  Just wanted to let you know that for various reasons I will shortly stand down as CEO.

Steam profile
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 14, 2009, 08:59:51 PM »

Quote from: Huw the Poo on May 11, 2009, 08:00:12 AM

Hi guys.  Just wanted to let you know that for various reasons I will shortly stand down as CEO.
Sorry to hear it...you did a good job.

I didn't reinstall after my W7 RC install and cancelled. Just don't have time for it unfortunately.

WW
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: May 22, 2009, 01:26:36 PM »

Finelly started doing some pvp in eve and it's a gaming rush like nothing I've ever felt. Kill or be killed with real risk damm! Last night we hunted down a tech 3 ship in a wormhole The damage he tanked before he out ran our point  and got away was amazing. Still we got a hurricane. I'm up 4 kill 0 deaths  icon_biggrin

I believe virtually everything I read, and I think that is what makes me more of a selective human than someone who doesn't believe
 WW
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: