http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 08:59:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Elder Scrolls Online  (Read 17945 times)
msduncan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: March 28, 2014, 12:21:04 AM »

DAMNIT.    I went and preordered at my local Gamestop.   Little did I know that the stupid early access code they gave out with boxed preorders is for 3 days early access and not the 5 days for digital.    mad

I didn't know this until I entered my early access code via my account.   Can I cancel my preorder and instead preorder digitally and enter the new 5 day early access code on the same account?
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 28, 2014, 12:25:20 AM »

Quote from: Lockdown on March 27, 2014, 10:46:11 PM

I had a chance to play the game in two different beta sessions and didn't like it.  That being said, I know how long you've been waiting for an MMO to come along and not disappoint you, Arclight.  I really do hope you love it.  Crossing my fingers for you, man.

Thank you sir. Swimming trunks on, ready to dive in. icon_lol

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 28, 2014, 01:09:06 PM »

Quote from: Lockdown on March 27, 2014, 10:46:11 PM

I had a chance to play the game in two different beta sessions and didn't like it.  That being said, I know how long you've been waiting for an MMO to come along and not disappoint you, Arclight.  I really do hope you love it.  Crossing my fingers for you, man.

LD sighting!!!!

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
faide
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 28, 2014, 03:27:27 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on March 28, 2014, 12:21:04 AM

DAMNIT.    I went and preordered at my local Gamestop.   Little did I know that the stupid early access code they gave out with boxed preorders is for 3 days early access and not the 5 days for digital.    mad

I didn't know this until I entered my early access code via my account.   Can I cancel my preorder and instead preorder digitally and enter the new 5 day early access code on the same account?

I thought originally the Imperial Edition got 5 days early access and the Standards got 3 days.  I went to the website and they changed it , now both give 5 days.  Most other sites (amazon) are still listing it as a 3 vs 5 depending on the version.  I wonder if they've just decided to open 5 days early for everyone and that hasn't filtered out to the other sites? Or maybe it's just incentive to pre-order directly through ESO.

msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 28, 2014, 05:29:12 PM »

Quote from: faide on March 28, 2014, 03:27:27 PM

Quote from: msduncan on March 28, 2014, 12:21:04 AM

I thought originally the Imperial Edition got 5 days early access and the Standards got 3 days.  I went to the website and they changed it , now both give 5 days.  Most other sites (amazon) are still listing it as a 3 vs 5 depending on the version.  I wonder if they've just decided to open 5 days early for everyone and that hasn't filtered out to the other sites? Or maybe it's just incentive to pre-order directly through ESO.

I contacted ESO support.   They said just cancel my Gamestop order and order the digital copy through them.    The boxed copies only get a 3 day head start.   Digital gets 5.   It's to encourage digital sales for some reason.
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 29, 2014, 08:09:23 PM »

Tick, tick, tick.
15-hours till kick-off

Look for me on the fields of glory!!! nod

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #246 on: March 30, 2014, 01:57:19 AM »

Quote from: msduncan on March 28, 2014, 05:29:12 PM

I contacted ESO support.   They said just cancel my Gamestop order and order the digital copy through them.    The boxed copies only get a 3 day head start.   Digital gets 5.   It's to encourage digital sales for some reason.

Not quite from my understanding.

If you preorder any edition directly from Bethesda themselves, you'll get 5 day early access.

If you preorder the Imperial edition (the $80 one or whatever) from anybody, you'll get 5 day early access.

If you preorder the Normal edition from anybody other than Bethesda, you'll get 3 day early access.

Also, if you preorder any edition from anybody, you'll get the ability to play any Race on all 3 sides right from the start.

EDIT: Example: My digital preorder via Green Man Gaming (20% off!) is for the Normal edition, and I only get a 3 day head start.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 02:00:14 AM by Destructor » Logged

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 30, 2014, 06:46:27 AM »

So, who else is excited about today? I KNOW I AM!

A new one
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 30, 2014, 08:17:24 AM »

Woke up at 4:00 am....Does that answer your question?

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 31, 2014, 06:59:50 AM »

I reached level 10 last night, after a long days of gaming, and I must say, I'm pleased with my purchase. The game looks simply gorgeous, easily the best looking MMO I've seen. I do wish nights were darker, but thats ALWAYS the case with MMO's and I hope add-ons can rectify some of the stuff like that.
The locations themselves are pretty great as well, and its very interesting to see all the flashbacks, and people interested in lore will find tons of things to delve into. For instance, both the Battle-Born and Graymanes are represented in the early game, which is pretty cool.

I do think they have some issues with storytelling that aren't working as it should , especially in the beginning. As a member of Ebonheart Pact, I have no idea what happened in the early game, or why we won the battle because I was invisible. Very strange.

The PVP seems very interesting, and I LOVE the siege engines. I've only completed the intro, so haven't actually tried it out yet, but I can see liking it a lot already since it seems to be taking a lot from Warhammer Online. I only wish they had collision detection enabled. I also need to figure out a way to quickly enter into larger groups, instead of having to beg with "Please invite" or "plz inv" in chat, which I absolutely hate.

The quests are fun and well done (Aside from those that break, obviously, but haven't had those myself yet, other than one that didn't work quite the first time) and all in all, I really enjoy my stay in Nirn, and want this pesky work to end!

A new one
Redfive
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 01, 2014, 12:35:24 AM »

Do you guys have a guild started yet?

We created one with OO yesterday, Ebonheart Pact Alliance. 

Not sure what the feelings would be here, but I'm pretty certain anyone would be welcome, in the interest of more people playing together.

You can also be a member of 5 guilds.

id name is @Redfive  please feel free to add me.  I'm definitely interested in PvP at some point as well as PvE.

Stranger in a strange land.

Gamertag:  red51ve
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 03, 2014, 05:14:36 PM »

gonna fire this up
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 04, 2014, 11:08:12 AM »

In as: @Kato2049

Ebonheart Pact Alliance

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 04, 2014, 12:46:01 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on April 03, 2014, 05:14:36 PM

gonna fire this up

Let me guess - Templar with bow and healing staff to switch to?

If not, it seems to be a pretty awesome pvp spec ;-)

A new one
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 04, 2014, 07:56:11 PM »

First MMO, and there have been a ton of them, that I'm excited about the crafting. Especially the Black Smith.
The way you can get recipes, discover elite crafting stations out in the wilds. They will reward your exploring with great
additions to your crafting.
I only want to do Black S. but I'm aware that you can do all of them if you so want to.
Being a Nord Dragon-Knight, I know that I'l be doing myself a big favor on that front, taking up Black S.

They assure us that if you put the time, and effort into the craft, you can easily equip yourself(others)with
top of the line gear(s).
That tweaks my fancy as well. Dungeons and me don't get along as a rule. And "grinding" just for gear
hits my gag reflex.
I would much rather explore and gather and find the means where I can be top dog on my street for gear.

Having a blast so far. I have rolled and re-rolled so many times I've lost track. But I think the Nord-Dragon Knight
has hit the sweet spot. I joined the Aldemeri Dominion with the Nord, instead of staying with the Ebonheart bunch. I think I got that right. smile

Runs really smooth on my now low-middle of the road rig. I have it on Ultra where allowed to.

..Time of this report: 4/4/2014, 15:51:50
       Machine name: PG-PC
   Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
       System Model: X58A-UD3R
               BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
          Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU         960  @ 3.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
             Memory: 6144MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 6142MB RAM
          Page File: 1609MB used, 10673MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Display Device
          Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580
       Manufacturer: NVIDIA
          Chip type: GeForce GTX 580
           DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
         Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1080&SUBSYS_15823842&REV_A1
     Display Memory: 4047 MB
   Dedicated Memory: 1487 MB
      Shared Memory: 2559 MB
       Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
       Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
      Monitor Model: SyncMaster
         Monitor Id: SAM0589
        Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 07:59:25 PM by Arclight » Logged

USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: April 04, 2014, 10:35:46 PM »

In all honesty, I had low expectations and thought I wouldn't enjoy the game after watching the quick looks from Giant bomb.
Very surprised how I'm really enjoying the game from crafting all the way to the combat.

1st person totally feels and looks better but forcing myself to play in 3rd person due to situational awareness.

Semper Fidelis

USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 04, 2014, 10:41:26 PM »

Oh and the vanilla UI and features on ESO is just serviceable, so getting addons for the game is essential for those of us that want more input/feedback from our MMO UI

Semper Fidelis

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #257 on: April 05, 2014, 01:18:36 AM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on April 04, 2014, 10:41:26 PM

Oh and the vanilla UI and features on ESO is just serviceable, so getting addons for the game is essential for those of us that want more input/feedback from our MMO UI

I'm fine with the default UI (mostly), but my essential mod right now is some sort of spam filter or gold farmer blocker. Kinda shocking just how many of them there are out there.

And so far, I'm enjoying ESO quite a bit. Is it anything truly amazing? No. But it really feels like an Elder Scrolls game.

Except for the absolutely immersion breaking public instances where it allows 15 people into the same zone where the NPC outside told you that you're their only hope, or that is a place that nobody has ever explored, or anything of the sort. It's just absolutely utterly dumb.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 05, 2014, 02:39:29 PM »

going to Dawnbreaker for PVP
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 07, 2014, 06:16:01 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on April 05, 2014, 02:39:29 PM

going to Dawnbreaker for PVP

What exactly does this mean, can you elaborate?  Are you dumping our guild?   crybaby
Redfive
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 07, 2014, 06:41:25 PM »

There are several campaigns for PvP.  It's the way they manage population with one megaserver.

We are unofficially (or officially I guess--I missed the boat slywink ) choosing the Dawnbreaker campaign so we all have the same home campaign.

If you've chosen another you can still guest on Dawnbreaker and then switch once you've accumulated 15k alliance points.

Harkonis I hope you don't mind--I posted your mumble server info. over at the Wanderers since there seems to be posting activity for our guild at three sites (here, OO, The Wanderers)

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 07, 2014, 07:59:46 PM »

Quote from: Redfive on April 07, 2014, 06:41:25 PM

There are several campaigns for PvP.  It's the way they manage population with one megaserver.

We are unofficially (or officially I guess--I missed the boat slywink ) choosing the Dawnbreaker campaign so we all have the same home campaign.

If you've chosen another you can still guest on Dawnbreaker and then switch once you've accumulated 15k alliance points.

Harkonis I hope you don't mind--I posted your mumble server info. over at the Wanderers since there seems to be posting activity for our guild at three sites (here, OO, The Wanderers)

Ohhhh OK.  At what point do you make this choice?  And what do they mean by "campaign"?  Is it just a fancy word for server (or group of servers)?

Also if you guys think it would be helpful, we can put up a dedicated forum at the Wanderers site for discussing guild/game info.  That way things don't get lost in one giant thread.  I think Kub (Skystride here) can set it up if necessary.  
Redfive
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 07, 2014, 08:04:46 PM »

I'm pretty sure you can pick it or at least view it any time.  Hit 'L' or choose the Alliance war icon and there is a button to push to view/select campaigns.

The game gives you an in game notification when you hit 10 about PvP as well.

I would be down with an ESO forum at The Wanderers.  I *think* everyone or mostly everyone in our guild right now posts or has posted at The Wanderers in the past. 

Would keep from having to check three sites for guild news.

Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 07, 2014, 09:55:50 PM »

Oh the weird and wonderful World of first week MMO releases. There is a cluster uck of epic size going on over on the official forums.
Log in errors, being the main issue. The rants range from childish to great reads. The imagination of some is astounding. They should
be writing novels.
Oh, I'll find something else to do, like pump the water out of my basement because the sump pump line is frozen.
3 inches of water over the whole basement. Lord, I need patience, and I need it NOW!!!!

The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 08, 2014, 12:23:06 AM »

Downloaded last night and played a little today.  Seems interesting so far.  So there's only one main server?  I don't remember choosing one.  Character's name is Aakmyra.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Redfive
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 08, 2014, 12:29:35 AM »

Only one NA server.

Everything is done with user ID rather than character name.

@redfive if you need an invite.  Several others can invite as well.

The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 08, 2014, 01:08:37 AM »

Quote from: Redfive on April 08, 2014, 12:29:35 AM

Only one NA server.

Everything is done with user ID rather than character name.

@redfive if you need an invite.  Several others can invite as well.

Ah, ok.  Mine is @TheGrue then.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 08, 2014, 11:18:28 AM »

sigh

NiM$
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 08, 2014, 12:46:58 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on April 08, 2014, 11:18:28 AM

sigh

hm?

A new one
USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 08, 2014, 02:08:19 PM »

I think Soulchilde's sigh might be due to the  forum effect taking.....effect.

Semper Fidelis

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: April 08, 2014, 03:01:38 PM »

I had completely written off ESO after my mediocre beta experience.  However, I have to admit that I've become quite interested in giving it another look after hearing a lot of positive feedback. Will probably wait until May (since I'm on the road every week in April), but I can certainly see myself jumping in within the next month or so.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 08, 2014, 05:44:00 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on April 08, 2014, 02:08:19 PM

this

NiM$
soulbringer
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 08, 2014, 07:53:54 PM »

Come on in Soulchilde, ESO can always use some more Soul.  icon_eek
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 08, 2014, 10:01:19 PM »

First week impressions:

If you were a fan of Skyrim and ever felt a little lonely in the world, this game should be a no-brainer.  For better or worse, essentially it's exactly what you'd imagine, a mash-up of Skyrim with a traditional MMORPG.  They've done a great job giving you an Elder Scrolls experience that you can share online with friends and other folk.  The graphics, sounds, music and environments are all phenomenal, and there's a ton of voice acting to flesh out the seemingly endless side quests, many of which have more depth than your typical MMO - very much in tune with the single player ES experience.   There's an interesting main story line along with multiple guild quest lines on top of all the random world quests, just like ES.  But now you can enjoy almost all this content with your buddies, or at minimum use guild chat to talk about whatever you want while you play.

While you can't affect huge changes on the world (because its being shared with others), they use a variety of instancing tricks (a la WoW) to at least give you an illusion that your decisions and questing matters.  Like Skyrim, villagers will have heard of your previous deeds and occasionally comment on them.  The "open world" feels pretty enormous and there are plenty of nooks and crannies for you to explore if that's your thing.

So that's a lot of the good stuff.  There are problems with the game too, many of which will just take some time to work out, and others perhaps not so much.  Considering how long and how many betas there were, the game still has a bunch of minor bugs.   Things like quests not being able to finish or getting stuck in load screens and lag bursts seem to happen every play session.  Some of the load times seem really egregious which can really deter the immersiveness. 

This is all in the early content which you think would have had the most beta feedback and test passes.  That doesn't seem to bode well for the overall game, but of course these things should be fixed over time.

My biggest complaint with the game thus far is the levelling pace, which is positively glacial.  I thought I was imagining it at first, but it's definitely one of the slowest levelling games I've played in years.  In approx the same amount of time I took a new character from 1 to 70 in Diablo 3, I'm still hanging around level 10 in ESO.  In some respect that's not a horrible thing, but in these early portions of the game it can seem like it takes forever to make an advance.  Now before you tell me I should just relax and enjoy the game, my problem with this is that there is content that is flat out difficult for the recommended level.  I've been killed time and again by bosses that seem to literally have 9 lives, and I'm pretty sure it's not just me having these issues given some of the zone chat I see.  This can become even more frustrating because of the slow level pace; you can't readily just leave a big questline and level up and return.  Again it's the kind of thing I would have hoped had been balanced out during beta.  So the bad news is it takes a lot of time to improve your level, but the good news is you'll hopefully enjoy that time you spent as long as you don't get too frustrated.

I've only just hopped into PvP once so I can't say much except that it seems as brutal as any other game I've played.  I suspect really good organization and teamwork will be required to make the PvP more interesting.  From an initial look it is reminiscent of GW2, maybe blended with DAOC, and seems to have alot of potential.  There are a lot of small goals mixed in with larger claim keeping and siege goals, so that all looks good and full of possibilities for exciting gameplay, particularly with 3 factions to mix it up.

All in all it's a solid release that just needs some wringing out.  Fans of Skyrim should really enjoy it immensely.  It might be a little distracting to see "Thai Whore" competing with you for a quest goal, but for the most part the population seems to be OK.  However, MMORPG fans looking for a truly innovative, next gen game need not apply; the game feels pretty old school all in all.  While they've certainly taken some fresh ideas from previous MMOs, it seems like the designers in general prefer more of an old school feel and have elected to bake in more of the older, traditional MMORPG features you'd expect.  So if you really want to get the most out of the game, you're going to need to make a significant time investment, there's just no way around it.   

TLDR:  If you are either a big Skyrim fan and/or an MMORPG fan with a lot of time to sink into a rich, detailed world, this game is definitely for you.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 08, 2014, 10:09:14 PM »

OK Kub has loaded up a forum for us:

http://the-wanderers-guild.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=128

If you can't access it for some reason, just let us know.  You'll need a Wanderers account.  It's been a while since I've done any forum access stuff but hopefully we can work it out.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 09, 2014, 06:38:16 AM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on April 08, 2014, 05:44:00 PM

Quote from: USMC Kato on April 08, 2014, 02:08:19 PM

this

Please stop with the stream of words - I cannot abide the babbling! ;-)

Anyways, thanks for the write-up Rittchard, but I am curious about one thing that you write

My biggest complaint with the game thus far is the levelling pace, which is positively glacial.  I thought I was imagining it at first, but it's definitely one of the slowest levelling games I've played in years.  In approx the same amount of time I took a new character from 1 to 70 in Diablo 3, I'm still hanging around level 10 in ESO.  In some respect that's not a horrible thing, but in these early portions of the game it can seem like it takes forever to make an advance.  Now before you tell me I should just relax and enjoy the game, my problem with this is that there is content that is flat out difficult for the recommended level.  I've been killed time and again by bosses that seem to literally have 9 lives, and I'm pretty sure it's not just me having these issues given some of the zone chat I see.  This can become even more frustrating because of the slow level pace; you can't readily just leave a big questline and level up and return.  Again it's the kind of thing I would have hoped had been balanced out during beta.  So the bad news is it takes a lot of time to improve your level, but the good news is you'll hopefully enjoy that time you spent as long as you don't get too frustrate

Why is this an issue at all? Shouldn't you be enjoying the game, and not try to rush towards lvl 50? Also, once you hit lvl 50, there are veteran ranks, so its not like its over there.

I am a bit perplexes and annoyed at the games of today that, like Neverwinter makes the levelling up the prime goal, and not a product of your enjoyment of the game. ESO is very much a game about exploration, and its also very hard at times, something we are not used to these days, but something I enjoy very much. The flexibility is the mark of an extremely ambitious game but it also leads to dangers like people not knowing how to proceed, making builds that makes little sense, and thus, difficulty while levelling.

Anyways, I enjoy the game immensely myself, and see myself playing it for a long, long time, bugs be damned.

A new one
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 09, 2014, 12:41:46 PM »

I'll add my voice to Ritt's assessment of the glacial level progression. Yes, I love to take my time and explore.
Exploring was my most anticipated part of ESO. But there is a balance. I think the balance is tipped too much
toward slow leveling. Partly due I guess to crafting only adding experience to crafting and not your over all level.
But what ever the reason, while I'm enjoying the ride, my arse is getting saddle sore from the pace of the game.

Like a good movie, pacing is major. No different for story telling in a MMORPG.

I like the idea of slower than most other MMO's, but swing it back a bit its moving too slow.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 09, 2014, 01:33:48 PM »

i like how slow it is, too many games are way too fast.  Don't you guys remember DAOC originally and EQ1 where we spent months and months playing the game while slowly progressing?  That part of those games I was fine with.  Felt more like an investment.  Then came games where in one to two weeks you could be max level and people have a roster of max level chars.  (also keep in mind that with the right drive you can power level in here too, there are plenty of 50's that use the good ol aoe grind which I hate)

PVE combat is challenging, and those bosses that seem to have nine lives are likely healing and you're not interrupting the heals or otherwise preventing it.  dodge rolls, blocking and interupts are crucial to going from floor paste to victor in any combat that isn't a zerg (public dungeons)

I also felt they did a great job explaining stuff in the help files and tutorials, but I notice a lot of you are being confused by stuff.  Hit F1, spend some time reading. 

There is a massive amount of content (and keep in mind we're only seeing one of three factions starting areas).  In fact in doing all the quests in a zone you will likely outlevel the content there is so much.  It's like a few previous mmos where at some point you might want to skip some quests to keep progressing quickly then come back to finish them much later when it will be faster.  If you're still doing quests 2-4 levels under you, you're going to level even slower.  Stick to stuff your level if leveling speed is a concern.  Wear armor with exploration bonuses and get out there and explore and you'll level faster as well.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 09, 2014, 01:54:08 PM »

I tried the Mac client this morning on my 2011 MacBook Pro and it performs well and looks really good on medium settings. Blows the GW2 Mac client out of the water for sure.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 09, 2014, 02:09:27 PM »

The problem is times have changed. DAoC, EQ, were the ice breaking games of a new genre. We didn't even care
about leveling we were having fun coming to grips with what this new beauty on the block was all about.

I use to ride a bike everywhere I went as a kid. I have a car now. Yes I get to places faster, but you could argue I'm missing
all the stuff on the road that you see when biking.

Biking is still great. But have you notice how much that is changed? Speeding down hills, flying over jumps, banging into trees and laughing
your head off. I don't think many bikers of today would want to go back to that slow, riding on cement bike again.

Like I said, I like slower more than faster. But there is a balance. Where do you draw the line?
And after all these years of playing MMO's, and single player rpg's, I have a pretty good grasp on how to construct a viable character.
Anyone who doesn't know about self healing mobs, and how to interrupt them, hasn't played much before.

Anyway, the game is in there. And you don't have to look too far to find it. I'm digging crafting for the first time in a MMO.
I love that I can come across surprising things by exploring...Great game.
My only beef is the overly slow pacing of the leveling. Not bad for a game just released.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: