http://gamingtrend.com
April 19, 2014, 12:08:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EBGames.com can suck it...  (Read 2529 times)
Sparhawk
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: August 08, 2008, 09:13:54 PM »

I am so furious right now! I preordered  WAR: The Collectors Edition on 06/27/08 expecting to get into the WAR Beta but now EBGames is telling me that they've exhausted all of their beta keys...

Wait, what?

There was no mention of beta keys being limited in the product description and recently Mark Jacobs announced that ALL CE preorders would be getting into the closed beta. I emailed EBGames back with the official announcement and links to my sources (official site) and have no heard back from them. I feel like they took my beta key and gave it to one of their friends...  icon_mad

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
Jag

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 09:17:46 PM »

Wow, just wow. I was thinking about pre-ordering with Gamestop for the Beta. So you can tell them that they are already losing business because of this.
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 09:29:46 PM »

Yeah, I pre-ordered Too Human from a Gamestop, in hopes of getting the armor codes.  I found out two months later, after being told that they hadn't been sent to stores yet, that they were now out of codes.  My Gamestop hadn't even seen ONE code....

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2008, 04:23:42 AM »

Wait, what?  Holy hell, I preordered the CE from a store a month ago, and figured that I hadn't gotten a code because they hadn't been sent out yet.  They didn't give me a preorder box, and claimed the codes would be emailed to me, and took my email address.  I'm going to call the store tomorrow, and then start calling their customer service. 

God, I hate that place.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2008, 04:33:36 AM »

Quote from: Chaz on August 09, 2008, 04:23:42 AM

Wait, what?  Holy hell, I preordered the CE from a store a month ago, and figured that I hadn't gotten a code because they hadn't been sent out yet.  They didn't give me a preorder box, and claimed the codes would be emailed to me, and took my email address.  I'm going to call the store tomorrow, and then start calling their customer service. 

God, I hate that place.

In store they had a slip of paper with all the codes on it that they were supposed to give to you.  I made sure my store had them before I pre-ordered-  sadly it sounds like your store screwed you over.  As for online, it says 'While supplies last' for the beta codes, are you definite the CE didn't say the same thing?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2008, 04:40:55 AM »

They definitely didn't give me any codes, and having run one of those stores, I was expecting there to be some kind of physical box, which is why I asked about it.  The woman ringing me up (and I think she's the manager) sounded very confident when she told me they were emailing codes out.  I didn't question it because that seemed like a much better plan than the boxes, so I didn't question it. 

So I'll see what I can do tomorrow.  Really, as long as I can get the CE, the rest I can live without (though I will be very annoyed if I can't do the head start or the beta).

However, I will be pissed if I wind up without a CE.  Of course, by then there will be nothing I can do about it other than be pissed, but I'm getting used to getting screwed over by stores with absolutely no recourse.  It's the American way!

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2008, 03:00:24 PM »

This happened to me many moons ago.  I no longer order from the store and only do it online.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2008, 03:30:47 PM »

aahh....sweet memory of Conan, eh? Same story, same bull...

Well, guess I wont be ordering the CE then...

A new one
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2008, 04:14:55 PM »

I called the store I ordered from, and now they say that I'm supposed to get a preorder box, which they have.  However, I have my doubts that I'm going to get the CE code that gets me a guaranteed spot in the beta.  Hopefully the codes I get will at least get me into the head start.

Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2008, 09:20:47 PM »

Got the box, and it is indeed the standard edition codes.  So I should have access to the open beta this week.  However, I also called customer service, and was basically told "Yeah, I don't know why you didn't get your codes before, but we don't have any now.  Sorries!"

Of course, I'm reading multiple reports on multiple forums of people ordering the standard edition, and getting the collector's edition codes.  Well no wonder you ran out of codes, morons, you sent them to everyone!

Not a huge loss for me, as I wouldn't have had any time last month to play even if I had gotten into the closed beta.  However, I'm worried about actually getting the CE when it comes out.  I hate Gamestop so much.  Very glad I don't work there any more.

Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2008, 11:29:24 PM »

Quote from: Chaz on August 09, 2008, 09:20:47 PM

Got the box, and it is indeed the standard edition codes.  So I should have access to the open beta this week.  However, I also called customer service, and was basically told "Yeah, I don't know why you didn't get your codes before, but we don't have any now.  Sorries!"

Of course, I'm reading multiple reports on multiple forums of people ordering the standard edition, and getting the collector's edition codes.  Well no wonder you ran out of codes, morons, you sent them to everyone!

Not a huge loss for me, as I wouldn't have had any time last month to play even if I had gotten into the closed beta.  However, I'm worried about actually getting the CE when it comes out.  I hate Gamestop so much.  Very glad I don't work there any more.

OH MY GOD! Bastards handed out CE codes to standar editions? I'm so pissed right now...

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2008, 12:50:44 AM »

Quote from: Sparhawk on August 09, 2008, 11:29:24 PM

OH MY GOD! Bastards handed out CE codes to standar editions? I'm so pissed right now...

yeah.  did you miss the announcement that Standard Editions are pretty much getting the same stuff as the CE editions are now?  It was a couple of weeks ago.

Because I can,
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2008, 01:05:12 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 10, 2008, 12:50:44 AM

yeah.  did you miss the announcement that Standard Editions are pretty much getting the same stuff as the CE editions are now?  It was a couple of weeks ago.

Except that CE people (who got codes) are getting beta invites right now.  I'm pretty sure SE people aren't.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2008, 01:12:02 AM »

Quote from: Chaz on August 10, 2008, 01:05:12 AM

Except that CE people (who got codes) are getting beta invites right now.  I'm pretty sure SE people aren't.

the invites are still random until the open beta begins.

Because I can,
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2008, 03:10:39 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 10, 2008, 01:12:02 AM

Quote from: Chaz on August 10, 2008, 01:05:12 AM

the invites are still random until the open beta begins.

yeah I'm a CE person and I've never gotten an invite. That's the point of this post. I've gotten NOTHING.

Cortilian
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2008, 03:19:13 AM »

CE invites are going out now.  Check your email.
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2008, 03:54:03 AM »

i hardly use ebgames.com now. amazon and gogamer ftw. gogamer had a deal with the CE with free 2 day shipping. snag it right then and there. i figured if i didn't like it someone would buy the CE.

keys going out, eh? time to check mail and that will make work go even slower tonight.

Congratulations, you have been selected to join the Warhammer Online Beta Test.

balls, 2 more hours left.  crybaby
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 03:56:29 AM by jersoc » Logged
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2008, 05:05:09 AM »

Quote from: Cortilian on August 10, 2008, 03:19:13 AM

Not a thing.

I'm so pissed...

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2008, 04:26:33 PM »

Quote from: Sparhawk on August 10, 2008, 05:05:09 AM

Not a thing.

I'm so pissed...

I'm sure Hark could PM you tidbits about it  Tongue

Because I can,
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2008, 06:07:45 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 10, 2008, 04:26:33 PM

Not a thing.

I'm so pissed...

Oh?  icon_biggrin

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2008, 03:19:37 AM »

if I theoretically got an invite would I be able to say I got in or would such a thing be a breach of the NDA?

Because I can,
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2008, 03:39:55 AM »

Ok, I figured out how to find the code on amazon... now it is listed in my "promotional codes and associations" section. Should anything else happen? Or can I not get in until a later date?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2008, 03:54:23 AM »

Quote from: Azhag on August 11, 2008, 03:39:55 AM

Ok, I figured out how to find the code on amazon... now it is listed in my "promotional codes and associations" section. Should anything else happen? Or can I not get in until a later date?

now you have to wait until the open beta starts or you get a closed beta invite.  There's no solid date for the open beta yet, but the files for it are supposed to be available for download on the 15th.

Because I can,
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2008, 06:27:36 AM »

Quote from: Sparhawk on August 10, 2008, 06:07:45 PM

Not a thing.

I'm so pissed...

Oh?  icon_biggrin

pfft, not losing my beta.  CK is an evil bastard. He's in beta now, let him spoil ya  ninja
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2008, 07:04:07 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on August 11, 2008, 06:27:36 AM

Quote from: Sparhawk on August 10, 2008, 06:07:45 PM

Not a thing.

I'm so pissed...

Oh?  icon_biggrin

pfft, not losing my beta.  CK is an evil bastard. He's in beta now, let him spoil ya  ninja

fine.

there are Hobbits.

and Elves.

and Dwarves.

no hammers though.

Because I can,
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2008, 03:45:06 PM »

And axes? They're bludgeoning damage.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: