http://gamingtrend.com
October 31, 2014, 02:22:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: D&D Online Free to Play! Menace of the Underdark coming to menace you!  (Read 21181 times)
TheEgoWhip
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: April 26, 2010, 11:46:57 PM »

I have a couple lower lvl characters on Kyber, ranged from 4-7.  I only get a chance to play once a week or so and I started a tiny guild for me and a couple of my brothers.  If your ever playing on Kyber look me up.  Lueke or Erikenbrand
Harkonis
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 27, 2010, 04:51:12 AM »

having trouble finding out where to get help since it seems Turbine's support site was deactivated.  I logged in and all my characters are missing and it no longer shows that I bought the monk class.  I'm quite upset about this.
TheEgoWhip
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 28, 2010, 12:23:30 AM »

Did you happen to play before they merged some of the servers in August of 07?  If the site is down maybe try the phone and hope for the best.

Speak live with one of their Account Management Representatives via telephone from Noon - 8:45 p.m. ET Monday - Friday by dialing: 781-407-4020
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 29, 2010, 11:47:12 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on April 27, 2010, 04:51:12 AM

having trouble finding out where to get help since it seems Turbine's support site was deactivated.  I logged in and all my characters are missing and it no longer shows that I bought the monk class.  I'm quite upset about this.

Turbine's DDO support forums are very much alive, you can find them here. Provided you setup a forum account with a avatar, an easy way to test whether you still have a premium level account is to try to post a thread in any forum other than the 'free player' ones - F2P accounts can't post in them. Further to that, if you do post in any of the forums, only premium accounts display an avatar. As well, a mistake easy to make is accessing the wrong server when you 1st log in - make sure you're not doing that.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 11:51:19 PM by kronovan » Logged
Jag

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 11, 2010, 05:11:55 PM »

Thinking about giving this game a shot since I've been doing some online forum based D&D with my WoW guild. It would be a purely solo effort, so what are the better solo classes. Cleric?
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 11, 2010, 05:26:49 PM »

A battle Cleric is no doubt the best, but if you're just going to solo I can't emphasize enough how much a Dwarf would be your best choice for race. Playing solo without a decent constitution is a sure ticket for some hours of frustration, and the Dwarf starts with the best. Although I've never played one, I've also heard the favored Soul is also very good.  I'm playing a War Chanter Bard with a decent heal and I've found it to be quite good the few times I've soloed, albeit you really have to be careful about creating a custom spec for that build - Turbine's default just doesn't cut it. That said, my Bard with some Barbarian and Rogue splashed in, is definitely one of the most fun builds I've ever played - including going back to my tabletop days.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #246 on: May 11, 2010, 11:56:35 PM »

From what I looked at back when I was playing DDO, the Favored Soul is your class of choice. While you get a limited spell selection, you get a noticeable increase in the amount of mana you have access to. And you have a decent weapon/armor selection as well.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 12, 2010, 12:19:30 AM »

let me know when you play, I have a Monk that I wouldn't mind grouping up with.

Anuvara is the name on the Khyber server
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 13, 2010, 03:06:53 PM »

One thing that should be mentioned, is that the Favoured Soul isn't one of the F2P classes. You have to either become a full-time subscriber (Unlimited account) or purchase Turbine Points to unlock  it. The latter option isn't too bad cost wise and it does elevate you to premium account status which gives you some other benefits.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 03, 2010, 11:51:59 PM »

airships!  pretty new airships!

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
ydejin

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 19, 2010, 12:41:38 AM »

Any recommendations on good Favored Enemies for a Ranger?  What am I likely to run into in Eberron and DDO?
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 19, 2010, 10:34:28 PM »

Quote from: ydejin on June 19, 2010, 12:41:38 AM

Any recommendations on good Favored Enemies for a Ranger?  What am I likely to run into in Eberron and DDO?

Prob undead to start.  Giants as the next choice.  Opinions only but that seems to be the general consensus.
ydejin

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 20, 2010, 09:26:22 PM »

Quote from: ericb on June 19, 2010, 10:34:28 PM

Quote from: ydejin on June 19, 2010, 12:41:38 AM

Prob undead to start.  Giants as the next choice.  Opinions only but that seems to be the general consensus.

Thanks ericb.  I went with undead.
Abaddon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 12, 2010, 01:39:58 AM »

Downloaded the client last night with a buddy of mine. Looking for a few more folks to group with if anyone else still plays. Currently running characters on Khyber but Im willing to roll on other servers.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 29, 2010, 12:02:19 AM »

looks like they have water combat coming up in the next update!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 12:03:53 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: September 03, 2010, 09:05:26 PM »

word has it the half-elf and half-orc player races are on the way this fall.

Because I can,
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 04, 2010, 10:30:28 AM »

starts the 8th for ex players and testers. i shall be playing this.

wow balls, i thought i clicked the lotro thread. oh well
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 17, 2010, 04:44:26 AM »

Ok Im in the same boat and need advice. i beta'd the game but never bought it. Now I have the free version and need starting info help. The classes/races I really wanted are not part of the f2p version. Like I wanted to be a golem guy warrior..cant...wanted to be a monk...cant.......so what do I do? I dont really worry about solo play because as i recall it was a group based game. my worry is each class was expected to know each dungeon and do their part at the right place / time or get bitched at.

Would a caster of some type be best or a melee type? ...race?

Also a server i should play on? I picked the recommended one..Orien or something..can still change I think. And how many characters do we get?

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 17, 2010, 06:07:55 AM »

Quote from: jersoc on September 04, 2010, 10:30:28 AM

starts the 8th for ex players and testers. i shall be playing this.

wow balls, i thought i clicked the lotro thread. oh well

get out of here ya hobbit lover.

Because I can,
notrich
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 19, 2010, 11:56:39 PM »

Quote from: Daehawk on September 17, 2010, 04:44:26 AM

Ok Im in the same boat and need advice. i beta'd the game but never bought it. Now I have the free version and need starting info help. The classes/races I really wanted are not part of the f2p version. Like I wanted to be a golem guy warrior..cant...wanted to be a monk...cant.......so what do I do? I dont really worry about solo play because as i recall it was a group based game. my worry is each class was expected to know each dungeon and do their part at the right place / time or get bitched at.

Would a caster of some type be best or a melee type? ...race?

Also a server i should play on? I picked the recommended one..Orien or something..can still change I think. And how many characters do we get?

i think 2 characters per server unless you are premium then you get 4 (iirc)

trying to restart the wanderer guild on khyber (pm me your toon name if interested) - we try to favor runs occassionally to get to 400 favor so you can get the free drow for that server...

highly recommend the ddo class forums to get some ideas for max/min builds for 28point toons (what you get to start --- later you can unlock 32point toons)

i am using this one as a guide for my dwarven barb
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=116814

there are others that are well thought of... check out the class forums for more ideas.
http://forums.ddo.com/forumdisplay.php?s=b5c0dc2aa01c6ec9f21839502624c8de&f=21
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 03:46:19 PM by notrich » Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 23, 2011, 05:01:04 PM »

DDO turns 5!  I can't believe it's been 5 years already.

Because I can,
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 23, 2011, 10:09:23 PM »

Been playing on the Argossen or something server.  Game is quite a bit better than it used to be.

Used to be on Khyber but nobody was playing and the Qt3 forums had a tiny showing on Arg.  I had bought the Monk class and 32pt build and don't regret it.   Quite fun. 

They are giving out 25% bonus xp and +2 to all loot tables during the Rift headstart.  Sucks since I'll be playing Rift.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 04, 2011, 06:46:57 AM »

ARISE!
I'm still playing this like crazy - Bought a ton of stuff as well already, damn you DDO store! Veteran status, lets you start at lvl 4. Handy for someone like me who's already made and deleted around 10 different characters :-D

Had a lot of fun last night in Seal of San..eh...do...kan? Something in the market and as my paladin became lvl 5 and I found myself to be invincible (Even without the toughness feat -stupid path!) I wanted to try something new.

Delara's Tomb! The nice sign told me it was for lvl 5's which I WAS! and being totally über, I play only on hard of course, cheating a bit by bringing a hireling healer and warrior with me.

Now, first off, Delaras tomb is voiced by Gary Gygax!! Yes, the father of D&D did the voiceover! I was giddy when the announcer said this.
Gary Gygax isn't an actor though, so...I don't know - kudos for the reference, but the normal dungeon master is miles better :-D

Oh, one more thing about Delara's Tomb that may come as a surprise to you - It has loads of undead. Yes, I was forewarned, but yet, in my ultimate wisdom, I decided that my normal slashing two-handed greatsword was all I needed to hack at skeletons....on hard....skeletons...who are made of bone....

IT TAKES 5 MINUTES TO BRING DOWN A SKELETON ARCHER! ARRGGHHH! at least, it felt like it

So, if you go to the Tomb, which I can only recommen - awesome place...bring something round and smashy!

A new one
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 10, 2011, 08:14:26 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on October 04, 2011, 06:46:57 AM

So, if you go to the Tomb, which I can only recommen - awesome place...bring something round and smashy!

My experience with it (ran it about 3 times) back in the day, was that it takes a decent sized and well balanced party to complete all of it. It usually required a dedicated healer and another toon for backup like a Paladin or Bard. And you definitely need a few tanks with bludgeoning. I miss my DDO - going to plunge back in this week.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 10, 2011, 11:46:05 PM »

I loved this game, haven't grouped though since it went F2P frown
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 11, 2011, 09:02:16 AM »

Quote from: kronovan on October 10, 2011, 08:14:26 PM

Quote from: Razgon on October 04, 2011, 06:46:57 AM

My experience with it (ran it about 3 times) back in the day, was that it takes a decent sized and well balanced party to complete all of it. It usually required a dedicated healer and another toon for backup like a Paladin or Bard. And you definitely need a few tanks with bludgeoning. I miss my DDO - going to plunge back in this week.

I did it solo, on Hard with a cleric hireling - worked very nice actually :-)

I read today about the scaling they have implemented, meaning its harder for a group to complete than it is for a single player, which is kinda nice actually.

Some info here, in case anyone is interested in the scaling system. http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=324510

A new one
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 19, 2012, 06:55:04 PM »

new expansion will take you to the Forgotten Realms: http://www.ddo.com/underdark/

Because I can,
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 20, 2012, 08:05:29 AM »

That will probably get me to resub to the game - I really like the core game, and its been enhanced a LOT over the years.

Also, Underdark is a god damn cool place! Here's hoping we'll be getting all of Forgotten Realms at some point!

A new one
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 21, 2012, 03:35:40 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on January 20, 2012, 08:05:29 AM

That will probably get me to resub to the game - I really like the core game, and its been enhanced a LOT over the years.

Agreed. I've always enjoyed my forays into the game. I'll definitely want to experience the Forgotten Realms addition.

Xbox Live: Sukaro
PSN: Suroka

Until I die I'll sing these songs on the shores of Babylon
Still looking for a home in a world where I belong

~Switchfoot
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 11, 2012, 07:48:57 PM »

I missed this update earlier, but I'm definitely in. And with the possiblity of exploring Underdark and the realm of Goddess Lolth, I'm going to have to at least put in enough $ to play as a Drow.  slywink
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: