http://gamingtrend.com
October 26, 2014, 02:11:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DC Universe Impressions  (Read 22454 times)
Destructor
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Senior Member

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #320 on: September 23, 2011, 02:02:32 AM »

"give this model a try" my ass.

DCUO was dying and needed this or else they would've shut the game down.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 28, 2011, 01:25:43 AM »

this goes free to play on November 1st

Kotaku

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 04, 2011, 10:29:20 PM »

Saw this mentioned at Blue's:
http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/03/dc-universe-online-sees-120000-new-pc-players-less-than-48-hours-after-going-free-to-play/
John Smedley, SOE’s President, announced on Twitter this morning that over 120,000 new players have signed up for their action-RPG MMO DC Universe Online on the PC since the game transitioned to free-to-play Tuesday evening. In the same tweet, he announced that the number of concurrent users logged into the game has increased 300% in that same time, and that they’re planning to launch a massive TV and online ad campaign later this month. He did not mention any numbers for PS3 users.

Of course it’s not all daisies and roses for players trying to get into the game during this massive spike in activity. Even during non-peak hours, servers are having stability issues and, anecdotally, login queues have thousands of players waiting to get in and play. SOE loves to boast about DCUO’s “super servers” that allow all players to all play on the same realm within the game, which has a lot of awesome benefits (like never having to pay to transfer servers and always being able to play with your friends who are online), but hopefully they can resolve these stability issues before too many people run away from the game because of them.
Saw a pal from my old City of Heroes SG on Steam was playing this, or trying to. He said the servers were crashing like crazy and he couldn't log in.

Sounds like a typical MMO launch to me.  Roll Eyes

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #323 on: November 05, 2011, 02:13:15 AM »

Champions Online has these 'super servers' as well (along with a charactername@accountname naming system so you can have duplicate names) and I haven't heard of their servers ever blowing up as badly as DCUO's servers have.

From what I've heard from friends, DCUO has been down more than it has been up since they went F2P.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 05, 2011, 11:25:47 PM »

yeah while the servers were okay Thursday night the last time i was on,the Servers tonight(Saturday Night)were very laggy,i quit after 5 minutes

there were people arguing also on the chatbox thing,one guy blaming all the 'Cheap F2P Asses' and another shouting back at him that he 'wouldn't pay to play this poo'

FWIW though i am enjoying it,,soloing, when the servers are working,currently level 8...looking forward to upgrading my flight come level 10

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: November 07, 2011, 01:02:21 PM »

Yeah, I am having fun with the f2p as I couldn't see myself paying a monthly fee.  Thinking about picking up the Green Lantern pack

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: November 13, 2011, 09:08:31 PM »

Anyone playing this on the PS3? Just started a few days ago and having fun. Haven't experienced any lag there. Would be fun to join or create a league though.
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 16, 2011, 04:26:01 PM »

Just downloaded the f2p and started this morning. I don't play many pc games, or mmo's either. I spent a few weeks in city of heroes back in the day, and a few days of rift, and that is the extent of my experience.

I enjoyed the hour I played this morning though. Maybe I'll stick with this as a change of pace from cod for a little bit.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: November 17, 2011, 04:38:48 PM »

Saw this little mention in the latest ATI driver release notes (check the end for the DC Universe mention):
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalystSoftwareSuiteVersion1111.aspx
Resolved Issues for the Windows 7 Operating System

This section provides information on resolved known issues in this release of the AMD Catalyst™ 11.11 software suite for Windows 7. These include:

·         Images and textures are no longer corrupted (Blue) in Rage.

·         Bezel compensation now works correctly with Far Cry 2.

·         Screen tearing is no longer randomly observed while moving a window on the desktop while in Clone mode or Eyefinity mode.

·         A black screen is no longer observed when extending displays.

·         Homefront no longer crashes randomly when Crossfire is enabled.

·        DC – Universe Online no longer hangs soon after selecting a character and entering the game.
Thought that might be useful to some folks.  icon_smile

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 17, 2011, 07:44:02 PM »

The Flash DLC announced

A second DLC expansion for superhero MMO DC Universe Online goes live later this year, Sony Online Entertainment has announced.

Titled Lightning Strikes, the pack adds Electricity Powers - the game's eighth power set - and a new adventure starring The Flash.

There's also a new Central City map, new gear and new characters, including Livewire, Black Lightning, The Top, The Trickster and Static.

The add-on is free to Legendary members but will cost Premium and Free players $9.99.

"In this DLC pack, fans have the opportunity to immerse themselves in another great character and action-packed story from the DC Universe," commented creative director Jens Andersen.

"With exciting gameplay, a new power set and new locations to share with your friends, we packed a whole new kind of fun into this DLC pack and are eager for our players to dive into another legendary adventure."

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: January 11, 2012, 11:46:54 PM »

Free Cape for everyone  Roll Eyes

to celebrate DCU 1 year anniversary

Since launch the game has had 1.8 million registered players on PC and over 2.3 million on PS3. Those players made over 3.5 million in-game Heroes, and over 2 million Villain characters. All told, this impressively sized population of players and characters accounted for 3.6 million days of in-game playtime.

In addition to a robust population, SOE has also been hard at work fleshing out the in-game world, adding 200 new quests, 15 new zones, and 1,800 new encounters post-launch, and rolling out updates that included the villains like Ra's al Ghul, locations like the Fortress of Solitude, and new power sets from characters like The Flash and Green Lantern.

As a thank you to its players, DCUO is gifting in-game characters with a special cape with the number "1" inscribed on its back to all characters created before today, January 11th.

I still play now and then,and i am still planning on buying the DLC one day

Semaj

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 21, 2012, 04:38:38 PM »

Since its free I decided to give it a go......

Grinding out the first 30 levels, gonna gear up some and see how raids are...

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Eagerly awaiting Drakes Fortune 2...
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: May 20, 2012, 05:25:07 PM »

new content pack coming next month:  The Last Laugh.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: November 12, 2013, 03:15:08 AM »

decided to possibly check this out again on the PC since it's free to play, and all I have to say is Council of Luthors/Batmen? WTF?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: November 12, 2013, 06:52:53 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 12, 2013, 03:15:08 AM

decided to possibly check this out again on the PC since it's free to play, and all I have to say is Council of Luthors/Batmen? WTF?

You'll have to understand the timeline in order to see why this is happening. Actually, just watch the trailer for an idea.

A new one
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: