http://gamingtrend.com
October 02, 2014, 05:25:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CS: Source  (Read 2270 times)
\/\/olverine
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: December 21, 2004, 08:38:42 AM »

I've been playing HL2 on and off for the past few weeks now, and just today I decided to give CS: Source a spin to see how the maps looked, I quit Counter-Strike over 6 months ago mostly due to frequent hacking and lame awpers. CS: Source, however, seems to be a gift from the gaming gods because I'm in love with CS all over again.

First off, the Source engine does wonders for this game. I love the ragdoll physics, I love the redesigned maps and how they have a more organic feel now, I like everything. Now, from the 3-4 hours I logged in today, it appears to me that cheating is no longer a big issue (didn't come across any blatant cheaters once) and there weren't 3-4 awpers to each team, in fact there were barely any awpers.

I don't know what the official changes are in Source, but is it tougher for hackers now and has the awp been modified?
Thin_J
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2004, 01:18:50 AM »

I know there was talk of a consolegold server for this of some sort, but I don't remember what exactly ended up happening with all that.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 04:06:52 AM »

Any chance we could get a newbie oriented server up and running?  I tried playing today (First time) and was massacred at every opportunity.  For the time I played it seemed fun enough but the servers I saw were not very inviting to a newcomer.
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2005, 07:30:39 AM »

I know of a server that stays password protected. If my memory is correct, I still have rcon access as well.

I'll have to ask the owners if we can use it. They're strict about people who aren't active on their forums using their servers sometimes, but it's possible they may make an exception.

I'll post back if they give me the ok to give the password to a few people from here.

*Edit*
Answer is negative. Must be an active member of the forums. Ah well. Tis life I suppose.

I'll still play with people from here if they setup a time for a game in advance. That's all up to you guys though.

gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2005, 04:59:33 AM »

I'm dayglo in game.  I usually play Dust, either T or CT, if T I almost always rush site a.  I like the new map, tried it earlier, it could be my new favorite, it has more action.  When playing Dust, I'm on globalclandotcom game hosting or (Dallas Tx)24/7Dust -www.tRukLandotnet, 10pm pst or later usually.
Console Games Best Player
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2005, 10:43:59 PM »

CS Source is great but there is still cheating. I played last night and saw speedhacks on the first 4 servers I randomly picked.

Have you beaten 1,658 games?  I have.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2005, 02:12:25 AM »

I'm new too. Brushing up (starting out I should say) my skills by practicing against the bots. I'm actually suprised at how good the AI is, that could just be the newbie in me talking, but even still, they seem like a good step above any of the third party bots that were available for the original counter-strike.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2005, 02:22:31 AM »

I would enjoy a CG only game of this anytime!
dandylife
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2005, 09:34:36 PM »

You guys realize that CS: Source and all other online Source engine games have a friends list, right?  Let's add each other to it.  My Steam name is dandylife.

U2K Tha Greate$t on the New Orleans flooding: "The issues that happen in NO, is well you aint blind, you know how satan do things, not only that, but did you ever think why the water couldnt go now where?"
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2005, 10:06:12 PM »

I had a hallacious time getting this set up through my firewall / router combo.  I'll give it a try again since there is interest.  I'll go easy on the newbies too. slywink

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2005, 02:56:11 AM »

My connection can likely handle a reasonable server, but I don't think I can host one and play at the same time because of Steam.

The only way to do that now is to either just do a listen server, which sucks, or buy two copies of the game. That one also sucks.

At least that's the way I think it works. If anybody knows otherwise, please speak up.

corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2005, 11:13:38 PM »

Maybe we could borrow one of the public servers if we get our times right. If there are 10 of us here we can find an empty public server with 10 slots and all join about the same time. That way the server would be all ours and we'd more than likely get a good speed server considering how many hundreds of empty servers there are running 24/7.

Now to show how new I am to CS, how do you defuse the bomb? I've always been playing as terrorists, planting the bomb easy enough, but then I got stuck on the counter terrorists one time and I never thought twice about how to defuse the bomb UNTIL I had to do it! (Of course it blew up on me as I fumbled with all the keys on the keyboard not finding anything that would work, the use key, all the weapon keys, nothing..) Don't see any readmes in the Counter-Strike directory.. so now I'm really only playing terrorists.

So how do you defuse the bomb?

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Creepy_Smell

Load"*",8,1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2005, 04:17:59 PM »

Its the Use button, whatever you mapped it to. In options go to keyboard and look under the miscellaneous section. If you dont know, buy a defuse kit and it will greatly decrease the defuse time.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: