http://gamingtrend.com
September 01, 2014, 08:31:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Colin McRae 04 Time Challenge: Stage 2: FINLAND S4  (Read 9366 times)
daszo24
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2004, 05:14:13 PM »

Well, I raced Finland Stage 3 today and I beat your time, Driver, by about 35 seconds biggrin  I got something like a 4:49 in the Citrogen.

I'll have to try Stage 4 a bit later.

Xbox Live Tag: daszo  (PGR2, Splinter Cell: PT, Colin Mcrae 04, Sega GT Online)
EngineNo9
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2004, 06:09:41 PM »

OK, I'm new to this game (I finally just picked it up a couple days ago) but I saw you had this time trial going on and thought I'd check it out.

So what's the deal, is this thing dead or are people still interested in posting some times?  And what's the current track?  The thread title says Finland S4, but in your post, Driver, you say S3.  And then there's also a time posted for S2...what a mess.

Anyway, if anybody is still looking for some fun and wants to keep this thing alive let me know.   I doubt my times will be competitive to most on here, but it's all for fun anyway.  Right?   smile

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Driver
Gaming Trend Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2004, 09:37:36 PM »

The first post states Finland S4, and that S3 wasn't chosen because it already had times posted to it by members.

I haven't had time to post a thread for a third stage time trial (plus the PGR2 content came out and we began doing time trials with it), but be my guest!  It isn't hard to set-up, and people are good about posting their times, cars, and countries on a regular basis.

I thought that for tracks where people had already posted times, the moderator would pick a track, list the established times, and that people who had posted times would 'qualify' by beating their old times.  No qualify, no count.  New players, of course, would not have this handicap.  It seemed like a reasonable workaround for the dates of posted scores not being available, and gave people newer to the game a chance to post without being intimidated by older scores.

There is also some confusion about who has opened which tracks.

Again, I'm happy to play another round - it only takes someone to moderate and update the times.  I'd enjoy giving it another go, but can't moderate.  Plus I did four time trials already between CMR04 & PGR2!  

Hope that info is helpful.  I hope you do start a new challenge.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: