http://gamingtrend.com
December 19, 2014, 03:57:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: City of Heroes/Villains Issue 12: Midnight Hour  (Read 7044 times)
Arclight
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2008, 01:36:53 AM »

Quote from: Destructor on March 25, 2008, 11:38:28 PM

Quote from: Arclight on March 25, 2008, 09:18:32 PM

In a group today two guys were talking about the poor performance they were getting with CoH..One mentioned that if you had a dual-core processor that you needed to add a line to the .exe shortcut to command CoH to utilize both cores. Is this right?

It was something like, -renderthread 1

I thought they fixed the detection process they used for that about a month or two ago, so you didn't have to do that anymore. Same with the Vista cursor compatibility 'issue' if you have an NVidia card. I could be very wrong though. However, that was the thingy you had to put in (that option would force the game into using two cores).

I've been looking around I can't seem to find any "official" word on it.

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2008, 03:06:35 AM »

Oh so tempting to return and try the new stuff. Loved my evil mastermind. And thatroman armor looks way cool. if I went back Id probably have to delete someone to make a new guy. Think I was on Virtue.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2008, 04:14:29 AM »

Quote from: Daehawk on March 26, 2008, 03:06:35 AM

Oh so tempting to return and try the new stuff. Loved my evil mastermind. And that roman armor looks way cool. if I went back Id probably have to delete someone to make a new guy. Think I was on Virtue.

If you become interested in playing again, shoot me a PM. I can give you a 'reactivation code' that'll give you 15 days free if you decide to plunk down money for a month of gameplay. Yes, this will give me 15 days free on my active account as well. biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2008, 08:00:21 AM »

Why don't we all meet up when 12 goes live and start some new characters together?

morlac

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2008, 02:50:02 PM »

I have an army of lowbies ready to serve.  Just say the word.

morlac00 on PSN
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2008, 04:02:44 PM »

Soulchilde and I are still playing fairly regularly (he is very regular  icon_lol )

There are a couple others regularly in our guild that are on.  I don't play much on the hero side still but I now have 3 villains between 26 and 33 and about 8 of them between 1 and 20.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2008, 05:12:24 PM »

The real shame is Rikti War Zone is supposed to be a Hero-Villains cooperative area, but they didn't find a way to enable the Search for Teammates function to work "cross COH/COV". Really a bummer. You can type in /whoall to see all the heroes and villains in RWZ, and I've tried to invite villains to team up that way, but it's klutzy. I've stumbled onto some villains in the RWZ interiors, but have not been able to get on teams with any, to this point.

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2008, 05:14:11 PM »

you can also get parties organized in Pocket D
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2008, 05:35:07 PM »

Well, I tried this for 10 days.   It makes me excited for Champions Online but I just can't get past the dated graphics and grindy gameplay. frown

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2008, 03:32:42 PM »

You might check your antialias settings. With ATI cards in particular the game is sometimes wacky. I can't get it to retain AA settings, so if I want them on, I have to turn them on manually each time I play (the driver AA settings don't seem to affect the game for some reason, regardless of my in-game settings).

To me, a grindy game is something like Dungeon Runners where 90% of the quests are "kill 45 things and return back to me." COH's a very combat-heavy game and like Diablo, you either enjoy that or it becomes tedious (it did for me eventually which is why I deactivated my account for about 6 months).

I have always told my buds who tried trials that the first maybe 1-20 levels (before stamina can remove the wheeze factor) don't really give an accurate picture of how fun the game can be once you have your best combat powers, buffs etc., many of which fall in the 26-28-32-35-38 range. I couldn't get there in 7-10 days unless resorting to various cheesy power leveling/bridging tricks.

I almost feel like trials should let you start right there (at 20). That's not going to happen, but a lot of people now just form big sewer teams and power-level burn through the first 10-15 levels that way to avoid some of the lower level tedium.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 03:36:03 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2008, 05:19:20 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on March 26, 2008, 05:35:07 PM

Well, I tried this for 10 days.   It makes me excited for Champions Online but I just can't get past the dated graphics and grindy gameplay. frown

I'm surprised, I dont' really find the graphics dated that much.  I play with all particle effects at max and AA'd out at 1920x1080 and the game looks pretty amazing still.

The game doesn't get 'grindy' imo until the 30's and they've toned that down greatly.  If you found it grindy pre-30 you probably hate every MMORPG since CoX is pretty light on grinding unless you're just trying to get a badge by killing 1000 of one type of mob.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2008, 08:22:12 PM »

I'd ban Ron for his blasphemy, but since he owns the place, I don't think that would work.  icon_lol

Hey, Gamezone has published The Full List of Power Proliferation Powersets:
http://pc.gamezone.com/news/03_28_08_10_41AM.htm
List of New Primary and Secondary Powersets added in Issue 12
Blaster

New Primary - Psychic Blast

New Secondary - Mental Manipulation

Corruptor

New Primary - Electrical Blast

New Secondary - Storm Summoning

Controller

New Primary - Plant Control

New Secondary - Thermal Radiation

Dominator

New Primary - Earth Control

New Secondary - Electricity Manipulation

Defender:

New Primary - Cold Domination

New Secondary - Ice Blast

Mastermind:

New Secondary - Storm Summoning

Brute:

New Primary - Battle Axe

New Primary - War Mace

New Secondary - Super Reflexes

Stalker:

New Primary - Electric Melee

New Secondary - Electric Armor

Tank:

New Primary - Dark Armor

New Secondary - Dark Melee

Scrapper:

New Primary - Fiery Melee

New Secondary - Fiery Aura

If you forgot what PP refers to, every class gets at least one powerset from the other game's relatively equivalent archetype's power choices (COH from COV and vice versa). Masterminds only get the one additional powerset, and Brutes get one extra for reasons they previously explained.

They acknowledge concerns about psychic blasters being overpowered in PvP and it's something they're presumably adjusting based on closed beta feedback.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 08:26:59 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2008, 02:20:03 AM »

Massively.com has a nice, albeit rambling, roundup from the NCSoft Europe Heroic Weekend:
http://www.massively.com/2008/03/28/massively-event-coverage-the-ncsoft-europe-heroic-weekend/
Some stuff that caught me eye:
The most shocking revelation was learning just how hard the City Of Heroes and City of Villains team was hit by the post-CoV reallocation of resources. By Melissa's [level designer Melissa Debianco, aka War Witch] count, the development team was pared down to just fifteen people [Blizzard has a bigger janitor department icon_lol], who still somehow managed to produce several issues' worth of quality content. Those days are now past, the NorCal studio is recruiting again and the IP is seeing some serious investment.
More promisingly for the future...

Yes, we are told, there are developments in the pipeline to keep City Of Heroes competitive with Champions Online. Although nobody was willing to be specific, there was a prevailing sense of Something Big on the way.

Only Kerensky, the eccentric European forum red name who had dropped dozens of twisted 'clues' in the run-up to Issue 11, was anything like forthcoming. "Yes, we have seen the design documents," he explained, then paused. "No," he concluded, "I don't think I should talk about it. It'll cause an uproar, but it will be very good for the game."
I and most fans have probably been reading that between the lines, as devs keep referring to how old the engine is, and how embedded certain functions are - often making it really tough to introduce new features fans have expressed cravings for. Now and then there's this sort of "Right now, we can't do anything about it" or "With this engine, that's not realistic" attitude with something of a "wink, wink, nudge, nudge" that suggests that situation could change.

You gotta believe NCSoft wouldn't hire so many more people and invest (apparently) a lot of new money into 4 year old game that doesn't really move boxes on retail shelves anymore, unless it was planning something more major than just another free issue update. Hope springs eternal. 
stirthepot

I guess the only danger is you can get an Asheron's Call 2/Everquest II situation (Turbine yanked the plug on AC2 after disappointing sales but continues to run Asheron's Call even today; Everquest II has its fans but clearly it got swamped and campsized by the WoW battleship in 2004-2005).
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 02:27:42 AM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2008, 09:47:18 PM »

Official site has some cool info on the improved costume creator:
http://www.cityofheroes.com/feature_update_issue_12b.html
In Issue 12, players will be able to view the real numbers behind all of their powers.

To allow this, an easy to use button has been added to Character Creation “Show Detailed Info” in the middle of the power selection screen. By clicking this, you gain access to view all the numbers behind the powers in the list as you mouse over it.

What’s more, you can grab the slider at the top of the Detailed Info Display and slide it to various levels to see how the power scales up as you level up! In this picture, you can see how Vengeful Slice will function at level 31.

Also, you can see how the power changes against another player target by clicking the “Show PvP Effects” button.
There's also a new optional "costume sets" button so instead of struggling to find the various components of a single-themed set, you can click one button to get them all in place.

They mention that even if you don't get into closed beta, you will at least be able to check these features out on the test server:
While you may not be able to log all the way into the closed beta, everyone who configures to connect to the Training Room Test Server will be able to get to character select and character creation to check out these great new improvements!

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2008, 12:27:05 AM »

Very nice benefit all around in your latest link. About time there was an easy way to use a complete 'set' of costumes for a character.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2008, 11:37:03 AM »

This game was my introduction to MMO's.  I didn't even know what an MMO was until I tried City of Heroes so long ago.  I still think it's an incredibly fun pc game experience when you have a smallish diverse group.  Unlike most other people though, I simply can not stand over about 5 people in a group.  I find it to be complete chaos and not at all fun for me.  I wish I didn't feel that way though, cause the whole superhero team thing is really cool. 

That personal hangup aside though, with new young heroes undoubtedly coming with I-12, I may just re-sub and get in on the really fun early game grouping dynamic.  I must have 20+ characters spread across different servers, 99% of them being some type of controller AT I think.

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2008, 01:21:23 PM »

Yeah I find the big groups to be a bit mayhemish for my liking. The smaller tighter groups are much more fun.

Still I hope they continue to work on CoH-CoV...it certainly has its place in the MMO world.

We'll just have to wait and see if Champions can shove its way into the Super-Hero fore front.

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2008, 01:24:08 PM »

Lately, I've been soloing my Ninja MM and Electric Tanker.   Miss Kato and Hark, but I'm sure they are burned out  crybaby

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2008, 03:44:01 PM »

I still pop on every now and then to try to find ya soul, but we've had 7v7 R6V:2 games going the last few nights so it's been tough to not do that.
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2008, 04:04:06 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on April 01, 2008, 01:24:08 PM

Lately, I've been soloing my Ninja MM and Electric Tanker.   Miss Kato and Hark, but I'm sure they are burned out  crybaby

I still plan to hop on now and then, and just like Hark said I've been playing a lot of Rainbox Six lately...

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2008, 04:57:59 PM »

Hey the COH site has a very subtle and amusing April Fool's joke:

City Of Heroes Announces Visual Sounds!
http://www.coh.com/news/archives/2008/04/city_of_heroes_47.html

The joke being that they're going to remove all the audio in favor of comic book style "action words."   saywhat The problem is that I really would dig that option, which would finally make the game truly feel comic booky. And I have buds who purposely play without sound on (weird, I know) who might enjoy it.

However, it's a joke.  icon_lol

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2008, 05:37:07 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on April 01, 2008, 04:57:59 PM

Hey the COH site has a very subtle and amusing April Fool's joke:

City Of Heroes Announces Visual Sounds!
http://www.coh.com/news/archives/2008/04/city_of_heroes_47.html

ROFLMAO

CoX is turning into the classic Batman shows! biggrin

And yes, like you, I'd turn them on. At least for a few minutes, anyway.

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2008, 08:38:55 PM »

Today they announced (no joke, really) initial plans for optional (i.e., you can turn them off, but NCSoft won't get any extra revenue then) in-game advertising that would be limited to the billboards and signs already in place:
http://www.coh.com/news/archives/2008/04/bringing_option.html
Our development costs are ramping up in a major way as we look to literally double the team this year to accommodate big plans for the short, medium and long term. Optional in-game advertising is another revenue stream that helps us to accomplish all of this at no additional expense to our players. Ultimately, we leave it up to you, the players, to decide which experience you prefer.
They are also excited about other opportunities this will open up for billboard use:
Another interesting opportunity that the optional in-game advertising technology presents us is dynamically displaying other billboard content. We can swap in new signs that we create much more easily, and we can even display player-created content!

This provides a cool new area for community contests, recognizing great player art, etc. In fact, we are inviting any interested players to submit their own advertising materials in our defined horizontal, vertical and square sizes (see all of the specific requirements here). We will use some of these to test the new optional ads on the Training Room (test servers).
Interesting, though veterans will recall the short lived "movie theater marquee" contest that was held exactly once.  disgust
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 08:43:23 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2008, 05:11:29 PM »

They added a clarification that the optional in-game advertising is scheduled for introduction (after going on test servers for feedback) sometime after Issue 12:
http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=newsdiscuss&Number=10526879&bodyprev=#Post10526879

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2008, 06:06:08 PM »

Is there any accurate indication as to when "12" is going live?

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2008, 11:10:55 PM »

Quote from: Arclight on April 04, 2008, 06:06:08 PM

Is there any accurate indication as to when "12" is going live?

When it's done (tm).

That said - it'll be going into closed beta shortly from what I've read, so it'll be sometime in the next month or two.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 11:13:41 PM by Destructor » Logged

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2008, 03:12:46 AM »

They are gearing up for a very (initially) small closed beta, which starts *next weekicon_cool (however, "when it's done" is for sure a good guess when it will go live, it just depends on the feedback they get)
http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=shibboleth&Number=10531303&bodyprev=#Post10531303
Starting next week (April 7 - 11) we will be entering the closed beta testing for Issue 12: Midnight Hour. We want to give you this advance notice, because the Training Room Test Servers will become unavailable for the duration of the closed beta. We anticipate that the closed beta phase will last for several weeks.
I wouldn't expect it to hit live for some time. This is another one of those "mother of all updates" that's going to need an awful lot of balancing and tweaking. And even then, when it does go live, I expect you'll hear more kvetching than at any time since the infamous Enhancement Diversity issue.

Worst of all, it won't make Ron Burke like the game even!  saywhat icon_wink

fwiw, after a nomadic journey through other MMORPGs (LOTORO, Tabula Rasa, Dungeon Runners), I've canceled the first two, put DR away, and now I'm right back where I started. Strange how gaming life works, huh? All that philandering, and I ended up back with my first true love. The Weghted Companion Cube will never threaten to stab you.  icon_lol

« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 03:16:13 AM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2008, 02:22:04 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on April 05, 2008, 03:12:46 AM

fwiw, after a nomadic journey through other MMORPGs (LOTORO, Tabula Rasa, Dungeon Runners), I've canceled the first two, put DR away, and now I'm right back where I started. Strange how gaming life works, huh? All that philandering, and I ended up back with my first true love. The Weghted Companion Cube will never threaten to stab you.  icon_lol

There's a reason why I'm still a subscriber after 3 years (and adding a second MMO account every so often) - I've always loved this game, like you.

Abaddon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2008, 06:12:32 AM »

A friend and I resubbed about a month ago and have been playing quite a bit. I keep checking the Drifters VG and see folks are logging in but I've yet to actually see someone on. We have been primarily playing on the villain side. My game handle is @Neuromancer if anyones up for a group sometime
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2008, 12:42:11 PM »

Hey Neuro, long time no see.  I'll probably be on more often coming up, been on a binge of FPS lately.  Soulchilde should be on fairly frequently still.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2008, 05:07:54 PM »

TenTonHammer has an interview (with Matt Miller/Positron and NCNorthCal producer Brian Clayton) about the upcoming optional in-game advertising (though this isn't part of update 12, I don't know what update it'll be part of so I'll put that kinda stuff here):
http://www.tentonhammer.com/node/30173
Ten Ton Hammer: How is revenue actually generated from the ads? Do players need to just flip the switch and choose to view the ads?

Matt: It’s generated by actual impressions in the game world. We’ve got ways of tracking whether a players sees an ad or not, and that will be how the money is generated.
I'm still not clear how this works in-game. I don't think they're going to pop you out of the game to a Web browser. I wonder if you have to physically click on the billboard ad or something.  icon_confused
One hundred percent of the revenue that’s generated from the in-game ads is pushed back into the development team and the game. What’s great about that is that customers have an additional way to support the product and service that they love without ever having to open up their wallets.
Hopefully they'll put that in writing.  icon_smile They're saying all the right things (in-game ads *optional* for the life of CoX, the money will *only* be used for CoX team/development etc.), but people like to see those in writing.

Brian: I think anyone that is reading between the lines can see that City of Heroes is still strong and growing, but why in the heck would NCsoft buy just the current state of City of Heroes? We expect, within the next few months, that we’ll be able to make some of these huge announcements and let people know where we’re going with the franchise and what we want to do with it in the future.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 05:12:58 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2008, 07:06:37 PM »

I'm guessing that the new ads we'll see in the world will replace all the goofy 'ads' that are already seen on the street corners now. That's it.

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2008, 05:38:04 PM »

I understand how they're "displaying" ads, I don't understand how they can detect whether you have "viewed" an ad or billboard, unless they add some in-game mechanism that takes you to an in-game browser page of the product's site or something. They claim they have a way, and it's probably some proprietary voodoo.

I don't think they can detect exactly whether Dr. Barium tilted his head and "viewed" a giant billboard for "Gamers' Hemmorhoidal Ointment," is what I'm trying to say.  icon_confused  eek
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 05:40:12 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: April 13, 2008, 06:19:22 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on April 13, 2008, 05:38:04 PM

I don't think they can detect exactly whether Dr. Barium tilted his head and "viewed" a giant billboard for "Gamers' Hemmorhoidal Ointment," is what I'm trying to say.  icon_confused  eek

Why not? The game dynamically loads in player resources based on if you see them or not (why your framerate tends to take a hit whenever you come near the auction houses). Why can't it do the same with ads?

Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 13, 2008, 08:06:11 PM »

And whats stopping them from putting the AD's where you have to see them?

Above mission entrances....Terminals.....Wentworths....Flashing neon signs above mission contacts and stores.....

They can do a ton of things to ensure that everyone playing reads the ADs.

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2008, 05:24:52 PM »

I don't care to continue the ad discussion since it's clear I'm beating a dead horse.  deadhorse [substitute other types of corpses if horses bother you crybaby]

Pricing, Details for Optional Additional Character Slots
The pricing for this was inadvertently "leaked" via the test server builds, so NCNorthCal decided to go ahead and post the full details today:
http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Dev&Number=10600404&bodyprev=#Post10600404
NCsoft NorCal Studios is pleased to announce the pricing and details for the coming Optional Additional Character Slot feature. As we previously announced, we heard the request for a system to allow more characters on a single server and this is our answer. City of Heroes is a unique game that offers many playstyle options; options that are growing in a large way due to Powerset Proliferation and the addition of the Villain Epic Archetypes in the next free expansion, Issue 12: Midnight Hour. To accommodate playing more characters on your favorite server, we will be including the following features in Issue 12:

All current subscribers will receive 2 free character slots, each of which can be used on the specific server of their choice. This is to help you make new characters to take advantage of the new features of Issue 12, even if you already have maxed out your “home” server’s character slots.

1 free character slot will be granted retroactively on a yearly basis through the current Veteran Reward system. Every 12 months that a subscription is maintained will unlock an additional free character slot that the user can apply to the server of their choice. Thus, existing players will be eligible for up to 4 additional character slots at the launch of Issue 12. This will continue into the future for Veteran Rewards given out every 12 months, so you get another slot for 5 years, another one for 6 years, etc.

Additional Optional Character Slots will be available on a purchasable basis. These are one-time fees, not an addition to your monthly subscription rate. The additional slots can be had at the following price points:

• 1 Optional Character Slot for a one-time fee of $5.99
• 2 Optional Character Slots for a one-time fee of $9.99
• 5 Optional Character Slots for a one-time fee of $19.99

Players can have up to 36 slots per server, with an update to the character selection screen that lets you re-organize your character list by Drag and Drop, as well as easily flip between up to three pages of characters available on that server. All customers benefit from these great new User Interface features included with the revisions for Optional Character Slots.

The above features are planned to be made available at the launch of Issue 12: Midnight Hour, which is currently in closed beta testing. Be sure to check out this feature, along with the rest of Issue 12 when we enter the open beta testing period that should be starting in several more weeks.
I was going to create a new thread, but it *is* part of Issue 12, so this seems like the place.  icon_smile I'm long over the alt-itis I once had, so it doesn't interest me much. If it makes them enough revenue to do more things down the road, I'm all for it. Test server players also seem to like being able to drag and drop the order of their characters on the list (just makes it easier to pick out your most commonly played characters, I'd guess).
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 05:31:25 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: April 15, 2008, 05:39:43 PM »

Interesting reward for playing a long time - even more character slots on ONE server so you keep making new characters. biggrin

Very cool though of the devs giving everybody 2 character slots (on one server once again) for free. This will allow people to play those new characters on the server of their choice. Perfect for people like me that only play on one server.

Hyena
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2008, 12:35:55 AM »

Hey...frequent poster on OO.  I stopped by to lurk and wanted to chip in on this topic.  First off, thanks for allowing us to invade the message boards.   icon_smile

I am similar to many other posters in this thread that have been with the game since launch (with a 6 month or so hiatus).  I was a member of the old Gone Gold SG (Doctor Chemo was my main), and have since begun focusing my efforts on the "Red Side" with a SS/elec named v.19.  My global name is @mastercrafter, so put me on global friends list and we can hook up and break some things.

City of Heroes (Virtue)
Doctor Chemo
Powercinder
Shadowfyst
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 18, 2008, 12:50:17 PM »

Massively.com released a video about the new Villain epic archetypes:
http://www.massively.com/2008/04/17/massively-video-exclusive-villain-epic-archetypes/
(If you use the Mozilla "noscript" extentsion, you'll want to enable "blip.tv" in order to see and view the streaming video window).

They also do an "analysis" of the trailer if you're impatient:
http://www.massively.com/2008/04/17/veat-video-analysis-a-villains-perspective/

I don't think I'll ever get a villain to 30 (have a military themed mastermind at about 24) much less 50, but if you're into COV you can at least aspire to using that cool blast mace, or wielding those Crab spider arms yourself.  icon_twisted

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 20, 2008, 04:23:16 PM »

Having a tough time finding teams now. I just dinged 30 but for the last two levels or so I've been finding it much harder getting into a team.
Is this a normal occurance for this level?

I'm on Freedom server which is the most populated one of the bunch.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: