http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 06:16:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: City of Heroes: Worth Playing?  (Read 1465 times)
Phydeaux
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« on: June 07, 2006, 03:01:48 AM »

The game is two years old and I've never seen anyone play it. Some say it's too shallow. Others say it's just right. I'm half thinking of just plunking down the cash for it to see. Any opinions on this game? Is anyone still playing it? Anyone got a buddy code laying around I could use?
Slipblade
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 06:17:23 AM »

Well theres no trial and i cant find my friend code.  

I played for some time and the problem I found with it is the cookie cutter templates. Now from what I understand they made alot of changes and added PvP with the Villains pack.

You can solo most of the missions to level, but I noticed that most of the missions are all similiar or you get to kill the same things over and over again.

Now if you like to the superhero or supervillain theme, killing badguys or visa versa goodguys then its the game for you.

Just my 2 cents.
Crawley
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 06:31:38 PM »

Check around for the 14-Day Trial discs or check online as there are probably places to download it.

It's a pretty standard MMORPG other than the setting. It was fun but not awesome. Just about all dungeons are randomly made and come in maybe 4-5 themes at the start. Every 10-15 levels you'll be introduced to a new level theme.

Missions are pretty generic and didn't feel very superheroish in nature to me. I actually didn't really feel like a super hero until I got my Jump travel power and was able to jump from building top to building top lightning quick.

The character creater is awesome though and I spent a lot of time creating my super hero costume. The character creator is robust to create some really unique costumes but not overwhelming like, say EQ2.

So despite me never feeling it was an awesome game it was fun for what it was. I did have some "wow this is awesome!" moments, such as when a bunch of heroes took down a giant octopus, but those moments were few and far between.

After playing COH and COV for about 6 months I'm about ready to hang up my tights and look for another MMORPG to try out. For me that seems to be about the length of time I want to spend with MMORPG's now. I'm done with the years of dedication to a single MMORPG.
unbreakable
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 01:07:13 AM »

Sometimes I miss CoH, but I think it's more for the Super Jump ability than anything else.  I would literally spend hours just climbing on top of stuff.

I hear they actually put in things to pick up on high places.  Sadly, this was after I left.

Getting on top of that huge statue in the main town was a pretty interesting puzzle in itself.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: