http://gamingtrend.com
December 18, 2014, 05:42:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: City of Heroes - Issue 4  (Read 2191 times)
Lockdown
Gaming Trend Senior Member

LD

View Profile
« on: February 18, 2005, 02:51:25 AM »

This is the "patch" or "addon" or whatever it's called that adds pvp among some other things like more costumes and bigger chat something or other.... right or wrong?

Is there a release date scheduled for this thing?

I may get back into it when this goes "live".

Oh, just out of curiosity... Are trenchcoats in yet?

How about changing colors of powers?  Is that in yet?

Thanks.

LD

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2005, 08:03:32 PM »

I would say that issue 4 will be live sometime in the next 30 days, but they havent announced for sure when it will be.

I dont think Trench coats are in yet, altough they do have some long coats that you can wear, I dont know if I would call them tranchcoats though. Also they are adding several new costume choices with issue 4, but they didnt list a complete set of what will be added.

Also I dont know of anyway to change special effects colors. You can change your outfit and design at lvl 20 and beyond but nothing on effects. You can also do a couple of character respecs if you are unhappy with your powers. Those start at lvl 24 i believe.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
zinckiwi
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2005, 10:46:13 PM »

I resubbed to CoH recently just because I felt the bug again, but my little level 6 tanker was directed to some new zone populated entirely by large groups. Have they killed soloing, or did I just have bad luck?
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2005, 11:02:25 PM »

THey didnt kill soloing, some zones are populated for teams and some are populated to solo. My suggestion at your lvl wouold be to go to Kings Row and get some missions there. You can also adjust the difficulty settings of missions now by talking to a Hero Corps NPC.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2005, 12:19:07 AM »

Quote from: "zinckiwi"
I resubbed to CoH recently just because I felt the bug again, but my little level 6 tanker was directed to some new zone populated entirely by large groups. Have they killed soloing, or did I just have bad luck?

Once you have talked to the guy you werent sent to in 'The Hollows' you can return to the contact that sent you there ignoring all the missions in that zone.  Its a hazard zone much like Faultline and Boomtown and not reccommened for solo play.

morlac00 on PSN
SuperHiro

Pants on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2005, 06:08:41 AM »

Aren't most of the new costume choices geared towards an anime theme?

That sucks donkey balls.  And yes, I know how hyprocritical I'm being by saying that.

Just Hiro will do.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2005, 01:13:20 PM »

Quote from: "Scraper"
You can also adjust the difficulty settings of missions now by talking to a Hero Corps NPC.

So that's what those guys are for!   I saw one standing there, bumped into him, and got the option to change from Heroic.  I thought it was some type of outward appearance change or something.  OK, so to clarify:  I talk to this guy before entering an instance of any type, and I can up the difficulty.  I then go into the instance, and voila... it's tougher, yielding more experience for the mission?  Right or Wrong?

Also, if I am in a group, is it the group leader that dictates the difficulty of the mission(s) by what his own personal deal is set to, or does it depend on who's actual mission it is?

----

Trenchcoats not in yet... bummer.

Power colors not changable.... bummer.

Thanks for all the info Scraper, it is appreciated.  I started up again after an incredibly long layoff, and to be honest, it doesn't seem that much different to me.  However, I do like the Hollows area.  It seems quite fun.

Toon's name is Wild Card.  (6th level Mind/Kinetics Controller)  - No idea which server though, I can never remember that.

LD

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2005, 06:17:40 PM »

You have the hero corps thing down.

As for the group dictating the difficulty. I believe that the highest lvl member determines the difficulty within the set difficulty of the person whose mission the group is running. So if your group has 3 lvl 6 guys and one lvl 8 guy the mission will adjust to be more difficult for the lvl 8 guy, within given limits. Don't quote me on that, but that seems to be how it works.

As for the new costume. The anime stuff is a featured new item, but I don't think the new costumes are limited to anime, the official website says that they are adding 100s of new clothing options from popular trends throughout the world. Who knows what that means but I'm willing to bet it wont be limited to anime.

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2005, 08:19:43 PM »

Well, Issue 4 has gone live on the Test Server.  (which means Scraper's guess was pretty darn accurate)  :wink:

I have never done anything on that server, and don't ever really plan to, but there are lots of comments on the changes and additions and stuff on the official forums if anyone is interested.

Also, they have apparently added body-shape sliders of some type to fine-tune your chest, legs, waist, face, etc...  if you so choose.  I think that is sort of neat, especially if you wanted to make a fat hero or a female hero who wasn't all boobs.  

Anyway, just an FYI.

LD

LD

Rowdy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2005, 09:23:49 PM »

I would like to see a female hero who was all boobs, actually.  Freaky!
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2005, 01:56:25 AM »

Quote from: "Rowdy"

Statements like that are just inviting all KINDS of pictures to this thread.

LD   :wink:

LD

Abaddon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2005, 06:31:30 PM »

Who all is still playing COH? I got really bored last night so I fired up my COH account again. I have a wide range of characters between levels 8 and 28 on Virtue and I would not be opposed to restarting on a new server as long as I had some folks to group with.
unbreakable
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2005, 02:08:22 AM »

Quote from: "Lockdown"
Quote from: "Rowdy"

Statements like that are just inviting all KINDS of pictures to this thread.

LD   :wink:
I made one character (I believe she was spec'd for Mind Control, unsurprisingly) who was just the female model with a nice dark tan color, then she had a flesh-toned bikini.  I named her "TanLine Girl".
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: