http://gamingtrend.com
July 25, 2014, 08:59:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: City of Heroes -- I hear subscribers got free trial codes...  (Read 4425 times)
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED
Gaming Trend Senior Member

get naked

View Profile WWW
« on: February 16, 2005, 01:28:42 AM »

According to IGN, City of Heroes subscribers got a Valentine's present ripe for re-gifting:  A code they could share with a friend, granting that friend 2 weeks of access to CoH at no charge.

If this is indeed the case... is there anyone who can hook me up with one of these codes?  As I understand it, the indivdual who shares the code is entered into a contest to get one of the ten beta slots for City of Villains, so you'll be getting something out of it too...

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2005, 02:08:14 AM »

You got a personal message LE.  I hope you enjoy CoH, it truly is a wonderful game.
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2005, 02:12:03 AM »

Gave mine away already. Otherwise it'd been yours. Enjoy.

Ascendent

Hey Arkon *waves*
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2005, 02:16:59 AM »

Admittedly I'm more interested in City of Villains, but I figured I'd give CoH a shot for the heck of it.

Thanks a ton to Arkon for the hook up!

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2005, 02:25:21 AM »

Hey Ascendant.. you still playing CoH?  I am thinking of jumping back in...
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2005, 03:38:54 AM »

Yah COV has me really giving it some thought. I already unsubscribed to WoW. If you go back to Virtue let me know.

Ascendent
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2005, 04:00:57 AM »

If anyone else has a trial-let me know. Would love to try it again.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2005, 04:01:12 AM »

Quote from: "Ascendent"
Yah COV has me really giving it some thought. I already unsubscribed to WoW. If you go back to Virtue let me know.

Ascendent

You are out of WoW zaveon? any particular reason?
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2005, 04:48:43 AM »

I would be interested as well...just to see if the $15 at Best Buy is worth it or not.  You can PM me or e-mail me via the link.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2005, 05:11:43 AM »

The grind just finished me, I stopped playing then tried to go back the grind never got any easier so I quit.

Ascendent
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2005, 06:09:33 AM »

I actually got some game cards for this for christmas from family so I am resubscribing.  For some reason all me characters are gone, but going to try starting back up on Virtue.  Been so long since I played, I spent 2 hours tonight trying to create a character.  And Ascendent you know how good I am at creating characters lol.
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2005, 09:45:37 AM »

The horror... *laughs*

Ascendent
Raven
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2005, 01:12:19 PM »

If anyone has a spare key, I wouldn't turn it down biggrin

/hint hint

Raven
andon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2005, 01:55:55 PM »

I have a spare key, someone PM me and I'll send it along.

Andon
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2005, 02:21:53 PM »

Aww.. come on now Ascendent... my 50th revision or so wasn't too bad... you still got that screenshot of disco loki?
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2005, 03:21:27 PM »

I wish I had one, that was terrible you had that hat and polka dots...just terrifying. I have a level 10 tanker at the moment Hardcase feel free to add me to your friends list. On virtue of course

Ascendent
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2005, 03:36:45 PM »

I have an extra key if anyone wants it.  Heck, gives me a shot at getting into the CoV beta. smile

Just PM me if you'd like it... first come first served.

Edit: All out of keys... thanks for playing. smile

s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2005, 05:45:44 PM »

I already gave away my key, but if anyone gets in you should look up the Wanderers on Virtue and the Hangover of Justice also on Virtue. They both have CG and OO members.

My main char is Hanton, look me up in game. The Wanderers leader is Inspectre, look him up also.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2005, 10:43:22 AM »

I also have a key if anyone would like to try it.

Why exactly I got a key is beyond me, as I haven't played this game in so long, I can't remember...well, anything about my old characters.

PM me if you can use it.

LD

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
GGMark

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2005, 03:44:39 PM »

Do you have to have the game to use the key?  Or is there a DL?  I Wouldnt mind giving it a try if there are still some spare keys out there.
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2005, 04:46:55 PM »

Quote from: "GGMark"
Do you have to have the game to use the key?  Or is there a DL?  I Wouldnt mind giving it a try if there are still some spare keys out there.

There's download directions that came with the key.  I assume it's just a link to pull down the game from, but perhaps someone who has done it would know for sure.

s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
mb737
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2005, 04:55:13 PM »

I have a spare key too.

As for getting the game I think they send you a wee downloader program and it gets the game for you.
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2005, 05:58:59 AM »

You guys should join us on Virtue. I'm playing a Spines/Regen Scrapper named "Warshrike" and Arkon is playing an Ice/Ice Tanker named "Hypo Thermic" Both level 5 right now.  Feel free to add us to your friends list.

Ascendent
GGMark

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2005, 06:12:04 AM »

I would love to give it a try.  I have heard good things about it.  But I also heard that without CoV, its kinda so-so.  But wouldnt mind giving it a try.

[email protected]
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2005, 02:57:41 PM »

Well, I can say that since I last played the game, it is like night and day.  I am having a blast.  Anyone care to explain badges or that can point me to a good site with info on them?
Winter's Holy Hand
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2005, 02:15:00 PM »

Quote from: "Arkon"
Well, I can say that since I last played the game, it is like night and day.  I am having a blast.  Anyone care to explain badges or that can point me to a good site with info on them?

Here's a good place to start. http://www.cityofheroesonline.com/index.php

-wHH

np 16 Horsepower  - Clogger
depward

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2005, 08:21:26 PM »

So far it's been a pretty fun experience for me!  I created Tima on Virtue, mainly because when it came time to pick a server I was thinking, "Hummina hummina what server did they say they were all playing again?!" and that one sounded like it.  Scrappers with katanas rock!   biggrin

But really, I'm pretty impressed.  It seems like everything is pretty dang polished, things are relatively easy to figure out (though, I've been doing missions galore and now I need to go to King's Row . . . and I have no clue where to go), and it's just been a fun experience.  Thanks Sepiche for giving me the code!   biggrin   I appreciate it.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2005, 09:21:49 PM »

Go to the tram station to get to kings row.  It is possible to run to Kings Row, but much easier to just take the T.
depward

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2005, 09:44:38 PM »

Quote from: "Arkon"
Go to the tram station to get to kings row.  It is possible to run to Kings Row, but much easier to just take the T.

Aaah gotcha.  Will do - thanks!

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2005, 08:01:35 AM »

I was just remarking to Hypo earlier tonight, that healing defenders were totally awesome and overpowered.  On our way to the tram I watched this defender totally heal his teamates...that has to be a bug. So what I'm thinking is that maybe one of you would like to join us and create a healer defender and totally over power everyone with your healing power.
Actually any warm body will do. As it stands now we slowly bludgeon/freeze our opponants to death...slowly..I'm talking glacial age slowly.

Look for Hardcase and/or Hypo Thermic on Virtue and for a small fee you can join us in our fight against evil.  What? Tanking ain't cheap...

Ascendent
Sudy Nym
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2005, 03:31:05 PM »

Are any codes still available, and is the promotion still on? I'm a little interested in trying the game, again. I played with the crew on Virtue for a month or so after launch, but then quit. Has the game improved any since then?

I really miss the character customization, tactical battles (compared to WoW), and the ability to zip around the environment with the travel powers. Not sure  if it'd be a good idea for me to look into it again, or not. Has much been added? How far away is CoV?

Edit: I just thought of the travel times and the death penalty. I don't remember them with fondness. Perhaps I should just leave it?

On the other hand, have any new costume components/customization options been added? ;P
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: