http://gamingtrend.com
August 21, 2014, 06:17:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: City of Heroes....Hello! Anyone out there?  (Read 1397 times)
Arclight
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2005, 10:59:07 AM »

Hi:..I'm a old gamer who use to frequent the Gone Gold boards...

I recently(5weeks ago) started playing City of Heroes..great little MMORPG...I have a Martial Arts - Regeneration scrapper who is Security Level 38.

I was wondering if there is a active group playing the game from these boards?

I'm on Virtue.......I hooked up with some old Gone Golders a few weeks ago..I think they called themselves the Octopus Overlords....I quit their Super Group thinking I was hooking up with friends but that didn't work out.

I had a few of them on my friends list but they never seem to be on anymore.

Any active Super Groups on Virtue server that would like to have a Scrapper join in?

Thanks..

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 11:26:19 AM »

Hi Arclight:

I don't think the group here at ConsoleGold is quite as active with City of Heroes... but I could be wrong.

From my understanding, quite a few of the Octopus Overlords are ex-gonegold members, and are relatively active, although I'm not sure how many Supergroups they have going, and what the correct names are.

There are quite a few people who cross-post from those forums to these forums, so hopefully someone will notice your post and actually offer you some helpful information.

Welcome to ConsoleGold!

LD

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
DonD

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2005, 05:35:15 PM »

The Wanderers are active on Virtue.

While the bulk of us play in the evenings (maybe 7-11pm EST), there are usually people on both earlier and later than that, and even when I've been off and logged in during the day, I've often found people on.

To hook up with the Wanderers, send a tell to @WandererGM, @oscuro, @powerstrip, @spincycle, or @drakira (me), who are the officers.  Since those are the global chat handles, you'll connect regardless of which character they are playing.

If you just want to keep a couple of names on your friend list to make it easier to tell when people are on, the characters played most frequently these days by the above officers are:  JAGWire, Amazing Aphid, Patriot Power, Polywog, and Blue Sentry.

- Don

XBox Live: DonDesio
PSN: DonD_GT
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2005, 06:33:53 PM »

There are quite a few people who cross-post from those forums to these forums, so hopefully someone will notice your post and actually offer you some helpful information.

Hi Arc...Im one of those that posts on both boards. I dont think Ron would mind me posting the link to the OO forum since its not a gaming site and just a forum.

http://www.octopusoverlords.com/phpBB2/index.php?sid=5d86accfd23e0e275fdfae1e1e8f9964

You can post there also. Its good to use both boards though since us old GG people are spread out amongst them. Welcome back btw.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2005, 06:46:44 PM »

Welcome back Arclight.    There have been quite a few trades going on with Guild Wars in our trading forum, so you might find that quite a few people might be joining you shortly.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
warning

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2005, 09:22:03 PM »

Quote from: "Knightshade Dragon"
Welcome back Arclight.    There have been quite a few trades going on with Guild Wars in our trading forum, so you might find that quite a few people might be joining you shortly.

You mean City of Heroes right?   biggrin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: