http://gamingtrend.com
April 21, 2014, 04:12:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: What Champions Online Pricing Plan do you expect to go for?
$199.99 Lifetime ["Party of super heroes to beam down to the planet's surface, Scotty!"]
$59.99 6-mo. plan ["Dammit Jim! I'm a doctor, not a lifetime subscriber!"]
$14.99 monthly ["Analyzing planet surface to determine suitability for super hero life forms."]
Are you crazy! I haven't even tried it yet! ["Dammit, Jim! I'm a doctor, not a super hero!"]

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Champions Online (Cryptic's new MMO)  (Read 55505 times)
Blackjack
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #720 on: January 25, 2011, 03:10:20 PM »

Just got the reminder Free-to-Play went live this morning.

blah blah blah (edited for your protection)
http://www.champions-online.com/f2p_pressrelease
(Los Angeles, CA) January 25, 2011 -- Atari Inc., [self promotional flair], and [questionable adjective] MMO developer Cryptic Studios have announced today the immediate availability of Champions Online: Free for All.

Champions Online: Free For All is a free to play update to Champions Online and features additional premium content for purchase. Adventure Packs, items, powers and costume pieces can be selected a la carte inside Cryptic's innovative C-Store. Additionally, current players may continue subscribing as Gold Members, while new players may also optionally upgrade to Gold status, which unlocks most of the game's content and includes extra features for a set price of $14.99 per month.
Let the fresh complaints begin!  smirk
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 03:12:00 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Meltdown (Steam early access)
-Running With Soldiers (Steam early access)
-Breach & Clear
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #721 on: January 25, 2011, 04:31:20 PM »

lolzor - this game suxxors...bunch of carebear pussies..

ninja

A new one
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #722 on: January 25, 2011, 07:18:37 PM »

League of Legends has spoiled me with their business model for free to play, so thanks but no thanks  icon_neutral

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #723 on: January 25, 2011, 07:42:08 PM »

I do have to say this much - they have to get an award or something for longest set of patch notes for a single patch ever (once you pop open all the side tabs anyhow):

http://sitedown.champions-online.com/releasenotes.htm

Yes, I realize the site name is funky - but it's on a separate server which isn't completely overloaded right now thanks to the start of F2P.

That said - I still call this a 'very extended demo' in the end. Yeah, you can level 1-40 with a premade character. Is it truly fun though and want to make you pay money to unlock everything? That's up to you.

But for now CO is more than worth it in my book as I'm only paying $30 every 3 months (offer no longer available) and getting $5 worth of C-Store points that can be used in CO every single month.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #724 on: January 25, 2011, 09:22:39 PM »

Wait...to play free you only get a premade character? To me creating a character is where the fun is.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #725 on: January 25, 2011, 09:25:33 PM »

what if you have characters that predate the f2p option?  are they effectively unusable?

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #726 on: January 25, 2011, 10:29:24 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on January 25, 2011, 04:31:20 PM

lolzor - this game suxxors...bunch of carebear pussies..

ninja
icon_lol

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #727 on: January 25, 2011, 10:29:46 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on January 25, 2011, 09:25:33 PM

what if you have characters that predate the f2p option?  are they effectively unusable?
This thread tries to answer that:
http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?p=1763103#post1763103

I admit I don't understand the "premade" concept.
If you are currently a subscriber:
    * Your subscription will automatically continue as a “Gold” subscription when Free-to-play goes live.
    * As long as you remain a subscriber, all Gold characters remain completely accessible, and do not lose anything.

If you are currently a subscriber, and allow your subscription to lapse:
    * Your Gold Characters become inaccessible until you either Convert them to Silver, or reactivate your subscription.

If you are an ex-subscriber returning for Free-to-play: (probably applies to Hepcat and me)
    * Your previous characters still exist! However, you must either subscribe, or convert them to Silver before they can be accessed.

If you are not a subscriber, and convert one of your existing Gold characters to a Silver character:
    * They can now be accessed, even if you do not have a subscription.
    * Their powers are converted to an archetype set of your choice.
    * Any costume pieces that are no longer available for free will be removed.
    * Power hues will return to their defaults.
Simple! No, I have no idea either.  icon_razz

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #728 on: January 25, 2011, 10:30:13 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on January 25, 2011, 07:42:08 PM

That said - I still call this a 'very extended demo' in the end. Yeah, you can level 1-40 with a premade character. Is it truly fun though and want to make you pay money to unlock everything? That's up to you.

pre-made characters only in f2p?  meh.

Because I can,
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #729 on: January 25, 2011, 10:32:18 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on January 25, 2011, 10:30:13 PM

I have a feeling we're misinterpeting the statement because the dev tracker isn't pulling up any responses to ranty threads about premade characters (there are of course 50,000 ranty posts about other aspects of the F2p switch  icon_smile). Maybe they just mean archetypes in terms of some skill points at the start, rather than costume/look.

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #730 on: January 25, 2011, 11:18:16 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on January 25, 2011, 10:30:13 PM

This thread seems to come closest to explaining it. I don't think "premade" character is accurate really. They're talking about archetypes, maybe closer to what you had in COH (Tank, Scrapper, Blaster, etc.). Character, costume etc. is still all up to you, and you choose powers as you go from certain frameworks.

http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=122613
Yes, you have to choose an archetype if you don't sub, but everything you have above is still true, nonetheless! You can totally choose your look, but for the powers you choose pre-defined archetypes (that have a couple power choices but mostly pre-defined). think of it like D&D classes - you play the full game but with classes rather than free form power selection (you pay to do that). in reality, there are many more archetypes than most MMOs have classes and more on the way. its all playable....though i think the 15/month is good value
As much as I liked the idea initially of no archetype or rhyme or reason to powers selection, most of my CO toons seem to end up crippled. I never really got the hang of choosing a set of powers that was effective -- all free-form ever got me were basically broken, ineffective characters that looked cool failing.  icon_razz So I might even like these archetype limitations.

But like my joke earlier was trying to say -- people who didn't want to play this game before because it was $15 a month now will say they don't want to play the F2P game because they still have to pay to do the things they wanted to do, or wear the things they wanted to wear, or travel the way they wanted to travel. F2P to me seems like a false name -- it should be called "We'll convince you to give us your money some other way" or "now you can find new things to complain and rant about."  icon_smile

I'm really unconvinced F2P is the cure-all for everything, though I really do think in CO's case it was a necessity to bring a larger player base back into the game. I've played lots of F2Ps, foreign and domestic, and sometimes it works and sometimes the game never really makes a compelling case for microtransactions or it shoves so much about what is good about the game behind microtransactions that players just get tired of it and move on. I wish CO well, but I'm not necessarily convinced this is the right way to do it (not that they care! They already got my STO lifetime payment!  icon_razz).
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 11:24:28 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #731 on: January 25, 2011, 11:53:52 PM »

I'm about to find out. It still had my account saved. m y beta account. I signed in and am downloading now.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #732 on: January 26, 2011, 12:00:58 AM »

Cool blackjack, thanks.

Because I can,
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #733 on: January 26, 2011, 12:11:04 AM »

In short:

1) There are 10 Archetypes (premade) characters (8 free, 2 you have to purchase) available. Each Archetype gives you 11 powers (instead of the usual 14), and at two points down as you level, you'll be able to pick between two powers for that level. You still get to pick your travel power, advantages, costume, etc.

2) If you are signing back up again and not paying Cryptic $15 a month, you'll have to convert one of your characters to #1. WARNING: As of right now, THIS IS ONE WAY ONLY. You can NOT convert back to a freeform character if you later decide to resubscribe.

And this is both directions - if you decide to convert your Archetype character to free form (by paying the monthly fee of $15), you can not convert back.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
ydejin

View Profile
« Reply #734 on: January 26, 2011, 01:06:25 AM »

Quote from: Destructor on January 26, 2011, 12:11:04 AM

In short:

1) There are 10 Archetypes (premade) characters (8 free, 2 you have to purchase) available. Each Archetype gives you 11 powers (instead of the usual 14), and at two points down as you level, you'll be able to pick between two powers for that level. You still get to pick your travel power, advantages, costume, etc.

2) If you are signing back up again and not paying Cryptic $15 a month, you'll have to convert one of your characters to #1. WARNING: As of right now, THIS IS ONE WAY ONLY. You can NOT convert back to a freeform character if you later decide to resubscribe.

And this is both directions - if you decide to convert your Archetype character to free form (by paying the monthly fee of $15), you can not convert back.

Ugh.  I'm interested in playing Champions casually, and certainly don't mind paying, but I don't like this model.  I prefer the D&D Online model.  I can either pay a monthly fee and have everything unlocked while the fee is paid for, or I can pay a la carte per adventure and once paid for I can play those adventures for forever with as many characters as I want.  Similarly under the monthly model I can play with any of the character classes, under the a la carte model, some of the character classes are free, but others cost to unlock, but once unlocked they are permanently unlocked for the account.

The key difference being that D&D Online characters are not gimped in any way compared to monthly subscription characters, and as long as I'm willing to spend some money, I can play the full uncrippled version whenever I want without having to activate a subscription.  That's just a better less stressful model for me -- I don't have to worry about if I'm getting my money's worth out of a monthly subscription and yet I'm still supporting the game with my dollars.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #735 on: January 26, 2011, 04:57:45 AM »

TTH has a pretty useful Q&A with the CO producer on everything:
http://www.tentonhammer.com/champions-online/interviews/free-for-all-launch-day

I'll try to check in CO sometime this weekend. I guess technically I was a paying subscriber for one month (December I think), so I guess have to "downgrade" to silver. I'm actually looking forward to using archetypes cause I - as I've said - really stunk at developing CO characters freeform and it's probably part of the reason I never got hooked on the game. So I'm hoping some guidance there from the get-go will help me.  icon_smile

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #736 on: January 26, 2011, 09:24:38 AM »

I'm still downloading it. been downloading all day. It's almost done now. Maybe I can play tomorrow.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #737 on: January 26, 2011, 09:27:48 AM »

Quote from: Blackjack on January 26, 2011, 04:57:45 AM

I'll try to check in CO sometime this weekend. I guess technically I was a paying subscriber for one month (December I think), so I guess have to "downgrade" to silver. I'm actually looking forward to using archetypes cause I - as I've said - really stunk at developing CO characters freeform and it's probably part of the reason I never got hooked on the game. So I'm hoping some guidance there from the get-go will help me.  icon_smile

I think I still have my free 30 days.

Because I can,
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #738 on: January 26, 2011, 12:00:22 PM »

So far I cannot recreate my mini werewolf from the beta. Still looking into it.

Also character creation is buggy. My BOTH botton does not work. So when I make anything there is two of...gloves, leg or arm accessories...I have to color each one one at a time. It refuses to color them both together no matter the settings . Also I came across some leg wear that would not color no matter what I tried. Had to remove it. Was only the left one too. The right one colored fine.

Are we limited to only 2 character slots?

ydejin

View Profile
« Reply #739 on: January 26, 2011, 12:14:28 PM »

Quote from: Daehawk on January 26, 2011, 12:00:22 PM

So far I cannot recreate my mini werewolf from the beta. Still looking into it.

Also character creation is buggy. My BOTH botton does not work. So when I make anything there is two of...gloves, leg or arm accessories...I have to color each one one at a time. It refuses to color them both together no matter the settings . Also I came across some leg wear that would not color no matter what I tried. Had to remove it. Was only the left one too. The right one colored fine.

Are we limited to only 2 character slots?

Yes.  Silver players can have only 2 slots, Gold players start out with 8 and can earn additional ones in game.  See chart here.

You can purchase more without going subscription though.  Looks like 2 slots will run you $14.

Also it looks like in order to be a Werewolf you probably want "The Savage" archetype, which is also in the Cryptic store.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 12:17:39 PM by ydejin » Logged
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #740 on: January 26, 2011, 01:48:00 PM »

Is there an archetype somewhat akin to Iron Man? My favorite CoX character was Metal Mandroid, similar to IM but more fragile as a blaster.  icon_smile

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #741 on: January 26, 2011, 03:25:48 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on January 26, 2011, 01:48:00 PM

Is there an archetype somewhat akin to Iron Man? My favorite CoX character was Metal Mandroid, similar to IM but more fragile as a blaster.  icon_smile

sounds like it would be a combo between the tank and blaster.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #742 on: January 26, 2011, 03:29:09 PM »

Quote from: ydejin on January 26, 2011, 12:14:28 PM

You can purchase more without going subscription though.  Looks like 2 slots will run you $14.

dang, talk about nickel and diming.  makes dropping cash on the lifetime more enticing.

Because I can,
Cragmyre

View Profile
« Reply #743 on: January 26, 2011, 03:35:44 PM »

Well, if it is true that Gold members get 400 atari points ( or whatever they are called ) a month, then, because I'm a lifer, I'm getting paid to play smile

I suffer from EGADD - Electronic Gaming Attention Deficit Disorder
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #744 on: January 26, 2011, 04:15:12 PM »

Quote from: Cragmyre on January 26, 2011, 03:35:44 PM

Well, if it is true that Gold members get 400 atari points ( or whatever they are called ) a month, then, because I'm a lifer, I'm getting paid to play smile

Correct. Golds (and as such, Lifetimers as well) will be getting 400 points a month starting on 2/4 (right after the sale ends). Also, from what I've heard, current subbers and lifers will be getting 800 points when this happens and not just 400. I can't confirm it though.

Also, Cryptic doubled the price of character slots when F2P launched. It used to be 4 slots for 1200. Now it's 2 for 1180 (or so).

Blackjack - no Power Armor (closest to Iron Man) archetype. Gotta pay a monthly cost for that. However, I've seen ton of Iron Man clones around, so people are trying their damnest to get him in anyway.

Daehawk - the problem with the Both option in the costume creator is a known issue. And one that the devs couldn't fix (or saw other things with higher priorities) before launch, even though 100% of all players would encounter said bug within 5 minutes of starting the game.

Despite all my negativity though, I'm a fan of CO. It's great seeing all these new players and such running around and doing their thing. Makes me want to start over too.

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #745 on: January 26, 2011, 04:25:14 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on January 26, 2011, 03:25:48 PM

Quote from: Blackjack on January 26, 2011, 01:48:00 PM

Is there an archetype somewhat akin to Iron Man? My favorite CoX character was Metal Mandroid, similar to IM but more fragile as a blaster.  icon_smile

sounds like it would be a combo between the tank and blaster.
True, or a scrapper (fast melee damage)/blaster. You couldn't really do hybrids there per se. I thought maybe I'd be able to in CO but - sorry to beat my dead horse - I just couldn't seem to pick an effective power mix in "freeform mode."

One of the devs posted that he logged into the game yesterday (anonymously, obviously) and was really pleased (touched, even) that so many veteran players seemed to be patiently helping newbies and "returnees" get situated. Reflects well on the player base, which I'm not part of so I'm not biased, right?  icon_smile
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 04:28:13 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #746 on: January 29, 2011, 02:30:11 AM »

OK, I logged back in, converted King Richard to a Silver character, and I'm completely lost now.

My hotkey tray is empty. I pull up the powers screen (P), but it won't let me drag ANY powers to the hotkey tray at all. I can't do anything. Can any veterans remind me what the heck to do? The help manual isn't any help.  icon_confused

For the time being I'll just have to start a new character and try to remember how to play this thing.

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #747 on: January 29, 2011, 06:34:08 AM »

Well, I had some fun with a rifle-ish archetype tonight. Without some help from a teammate or a C-store sidekick, I just seem to die an awful lot when battling melee type characters. While rifle does good damage and the tap vs. "hold the button down" mechanic is fun, it doesn't do any knockback or slowdown, and there doesn't seem to be any tools to hold targets or keep them off you.  I'm sure it'll be more fun once I can do copious amounts of damage, but at 8-9-10, I just get pounded by the tougher enemies and don't really have tools to do something about it.

I was hoping the archtype system would overcome my ineptness at CO, but it doesn't seem to.  icon_redface Though fwiw, it just feels funner than I remember it. And to be honest, never really did any ranged characters in CO for any period of time.

So I resorted to The Kid C-Store sidekick...

He's fun to watch, and effective without feeling like he's taking over the game from you (he won't pull aggro off you). He's sort of like a COH Martial Arts scrapper, who can toss some knives/shurikens at range too. He can fly, so you don't have to worry about losing him in transit. And if you die, you just summon him again. You get about an hour of time (I think that means 1 hour of him in the game, not 1 hour from the time you purchase him).

Here's a peek at the archetypes screen.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 06:39:13 AM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #748 on: January 29, 2011, 07:51:19 AM »

DDO and LoL do F2P correctly.  All other games seem to screw it up horribly.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #749 on: January 29, 2011, 03:39:03 PM »

Got the hang of things a bit. I just needed to block a bit more with the mission-end bosses, and I didn't quite understand the concept initially of holding down the firing buttons for increased damage. There's a whole lot more to do mission wise now, at least in the lower levels (I'm at L11 now).

The targeting computer passive is kinda fun. It boosts all ranged damage, but if you can let it lock for a couple seconds it does more and is a fun visual.

The military-mercenary costume is pretty cool if you're into that kind of thing. I had wanted to, but ultimately I'm happy with Blastor's garish look, he might fit in OK in Team Fortress 2.  icon_smile

The Sparta costume looks fun, and has an amusing all-caps description in the store.

So far (it's early) I'm enjoying it much more than before, and I don't miss "freeform" at all. I think we have an old CO screenshots thread somewhere, and I'll use that, just wanted to share some sights from my return visit.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 03:41:24 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #750 on: January 31, 2011, 03:08:59 PM »

So far I'm fairly pleased with the Soldier Archetype. I guess at a certain level you pick between shotgun and frag grenade, but you can't get both. I recall not being all that pleased with shotgun when I tried it in open beta way back. The grenade's fun with lots of knockback. I've tried setting up a keybind for a key to execute the power and say "Fire in the hole!" but for the life of me, even after reading several different threads about how to do it, I just get error messages (well, I can do the "Fire in the hole!" bit fine, but getting the power to trigger seems beyond me so far).

As far as the C-Store costumes go, it's more like purchasing a wide variety of individual costume items. So it was a bit of work to track down all the Shining Knight stuff (none of which is labeled "shining knight" at the tailor btw), and King Richard already had some of that stuff in place, it seemed, so it got confusing. But now I've gotten him close what what you see in terms of the costumed character model at the C-Store.

I had one great, rollicking, duo-mission team up with someone in the SG I got recruited to (we did probably a dozen or so missions in Westside), on Saturday. Other than that, still don't see much interest in teaming, but so far I've managed OK, and have a little better grasp of things overall.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 11:28:26 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #751 on: February 04, 2011, 06:36:05 PM »

To file under "care bear memories," I got some nice help last couple days in the game.

I was stuck on the end boss (even at Normal skill) in the irradiated mine, it's the walrus-guy-octopus-face who hurls dark magic at you. He seemed able to cut right through my blocks and I couldn't work out a strategy to take him down fast enough. A guy in the SG I had been recruited to, moved over from Millenium City and helped me finish up and offered to help on other things (I didn't have anything at the time) before moving on.

This morning I did the pretty fun open quest in Millenium where you try to prevent the mayor's assassination. I was fine until the Legendary end boss (I guess that's like an Elite or Arch Villain in COH?). His missile salvos and everything-but-the-kitchen-sink blasts obliterated me repeatedly. I asked for help in zone chat and got a couple takers (I think one was a tank type). And a force guy (he seemed to be able to use force bubbles of a sort) named Eclipse noticed our team and helped out substantially.

I dunno if I'll see any of these folks again but we did Friend each other, and it was a nice, mushy, gooey feeling. The Weghted Companion Cube will never threaten to stab you. I appreciate that nobody hollered about what a hopeless noob I was/am. They all just said "I'll help, invite me, where do you need me?" A small thing but that's not always the response I get in games.  icon_smile

The C-Store 20% off sale ends today. Although I'd like to get some more stuff, I'm to some extent seeing if I can be content just playing it within the F2P limitations for the time being. Strictly from just my own perspective, limiting me to two character slots and forcing me away from "never really get anywhere alt-itis" is maybe a good thing. I'm up to 19 now, by far the most progress I've made in CO to date.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 06:38:38 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #752 on: February 04, 2011, 11:31:49 PM »

I have a lifetime sub and I start playing again this week. I wasn't have luck getting my old main going so I started a new character. Dual Blades rocks. I'm 21 now and having a blast. I don't think I've grouped at all, even on accident. I had 400 credits from god knows where, spent them on the Samurai costume pieces. There don't seem to be any gloves and I don't like the helmet, but the rest is cool. smile I hear I should begetting free points monthly, if so I'll grab more costume stuff, no use for any of the rest.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Cragmyre

View Profile
« Reply #753 on: February 05, 2011, 03:33:05 AM »

Quote from: coopasonic on February 04, 2011, 11:31:49 PM

I have a lifetime sub and I start playing again this week. I wasn't have luck getting my old main going so I started a new character. Dual Blades rocks. I'm 21 now and having a blast. I don't think I've grouped at all, even on accident. I had 400 credits from god knows where, spent them on the Samurai costume pieces. There don't seem to be any gloves and I don't like the helmet, but the rest is cool. smile I hear I should begetting free points monthly, if so I'll grab more costume stuff, no use for any of the rest.

I know Gold members ( which includes us lifers ) get 400 credits a month starting sometime soon - perhaps it started  Cabbage Patch

I suffer from EGADD - Electronic Gaming Attention Deficit Disorder
Barrakketh
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #754 on: February 05, 2011, 04:09:05 AM »

Quote from: coopasonic on February 04, 2011, 11:31:49 PM

They may have given everyone 400 points. My buddy who played last year, but came back as a silver f2p, said he had 400 points. I have 400 points as well, as a (gold) lifer.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #755 on: February 05, 2011, 03:57:29 PM »

I gave in and invested for a good amount of tokenz.  icon_smile I made some item tweaks at L21 on Blastor, and he seems to be just a bit more effective.

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #756 on: February 06, 2011, 04:49:49 PM »

I finally felt Hooked this weekend. In fact I never got outside Saturday (it was rainy anyway).  icon_cool

A couple peeks...

I try to be candid in my Titles.  icon_razz

It definitely took me to 20 or so to figure out how best to mix the powers, when to bother with a grenade and when to skip it etc. I went ahead and made an investment in tokens, and got the Soldier of Fortune costume pieces, along with a Henchman sidekick. I don't know if this'll be a long term addiction or a fling.

I feel like if they hadn't gone F2P I just never would've played long enough to finally feel comfortable and enjoy it. So the F2P switch worked for me in that regard, fwiw.

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #757 on: February 06, 2011, 09:14:15 PM »

At last, meet my nemesis...

My verbose bio for him, which, alas, you can't view in game, and right now editing it in the Unity terminal seems to be the only way to see it. I'd enjoy reading others' bios, hopefully something like that'll be in the cards some day, even if it's just in the form of a web site database to visit, or something.

Creating it is fun. Although I find some of the minion character models rather goofy. I wanted this guy to have soldiers but ultimately went cyborg/robots cause they looked a bit more fearsome, while the soldiers had beach hats and looked peculiarly jolly (you get to use the costume creator for the Nemesis, not the minions).

I found it amusing the bio-editor warns you about inappropriate words "in real time." So if you type "assemble," it warns you after the three letters.  rules  icon_razz

I tend to prefer villains who have some sort of tragic back story that helps explain/justify their behavior. Although there are plenty of great comic book villains who are simply "just evil."
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 09:19:38 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #758 on: February 09, 2011, 05:12:35 PM »

My Soldier Guy's to 27. I'm thinking about maybe getting the Serpent Lantern adventure pack, mainly because my supergroup seems crazy about it and regularly seems to get groups going there.

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #759 on: February 09, 2011, 06:39:29 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on February 09, 2011, 05:12:35 PM

My Soldier Guy's to 27. I'm thinking about maybe getting the Serpent Lantern adventure pack, mainly because my supergroup seems crazy about it and regularly seems to get groups going there.

Serpent Lantern isn't bad at all. Both adventure packs are pretty decent. What are they charging for it (lifetime so I don't know/get it for free)?

I rerolled last week and am about to hit 32 on the new guy. it's almost boring I'm a total blender. My PBAoE damage is off the charts. I duoed Burial grounds/chamber whatever, just me and some pet spec/healer. I did have to switch to a defensive spec for the boss. 207k HPs takes a while even with my ridiculous damage. Dual Blades rocks! Note this is a custom char, if there is a dual blades silver archetype I don't know if it takes the right skills to rock. slywink

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: