http://gamingtrend.com
November 27, 2014, 06:44:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: What Champions Online Pricing Plan do you expect to go for?
$199.99 Lifetime ["Party of super heroes to beam down to the planet's surface, Scotty!"]
$59.99 6-mo. plan ["Dammit Jim! I'm a doctor, not a lifetime subscriber!"]
$14.99 monthly ["Analyzing planet surface to determine suitability for super hero life forms."]
Are you crazy! I haven't even tried it yet! ["Dammit, Jim! I'm a doctor, not a super hero!"]

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Champions Online (Cryptic's new MMO)  (Read 58041 times)
KePoW
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #640 on: June 29, 2010, 08:39:07 AM »

Quote from: TiLT on June 29, 2010, 04:43:37 AM

The game is fun, but its main problem (which I'm amazed they haven't fixed yet) is that you have to do every single quest available to level up. If you miss any (which is easy to do if you're not looking up quest givers online), you'll have to grind. The game needs double the amount of quests it currently has.

Hmm I haven't run into that yet at level 27.  But I have been pretty diligent in following all quest givers and paths.  If I ever have to grind to level up, then I'd be pissed... I hate grind leveling in MMOs unless I choose to.

Have you played recently, or is your observation from around launch time?
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #641 on: June 29, 2010, 09:14:03 AM »

Quote from: KePoW on June 29, 2010, 08:39:07 AM

The game is fun, but its main problem (which I'm amazed they haven't fixed yet) is that you have to do every single quest available to level up. If you miss any (which is easy to do if you're not looking up quest givers online), you'll have to grind. The game needs double the amount of quests it currently has.

Hmm I haven't run into that yet at level 27.  But I have been pretty diligent in following all quest givers and paths.  If I ever have to grind to level up, then I'd be pissed... I hate grind leveling in MMOs unless I choose to.

Both. You've seriously reached level 27 without noticing that you have to do every quest available? It got to the point for me where I had to do quests above my level because I had run out of on-level quests, and this was with an internet tool that scanned my quest log to find my missing quests. I even did both the Desert and Canada introductory areas because the basic quests weren't enough to get me ready for Millennium City. I'm level 26 or 27 right now, and according to that guide I've done all quests below my own level so far with only 1-3 exceptions, and I still struggle to stay on-level. That's no way to design a MMORPG.
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #642 on: June 29, 2010, 08:44:07 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on June 29, 2010, 09:14:03 AM

Quote from: KePoW on June 29, 2010, 08:39:07 AM

Both. You've seriously reached level 27 without noticing that you have to do every quest available? It got to the point for me where I had to do quests above my level because I had run out of on-level quests, and this was with an internet tool that scanned my quest log to find my missing quests. I even did both the Desert and Canada introductory areas because the basic quests weren't enough to get me ready for Millennium City. I'm level 26 or 27 right now, and according to that guide I've done all quests below my own level so far with only 1-3 exceptions, and I still struggle to stay on-level. That's no way to design a MMORPG.

Hm that hasn't been my experience when I started a couple months ago.  But like I said, I follow every quest line and quest giver and go to all the areas.  (but not from browsing the internet, I just do it naturally in-game and through the Crime Computer)

I've had to pass up several quests because they ended up being too low-level.  I do both Canada and Desert though... but it sounds like you do too?  If so, I really don't know what the difference is.  Unless you haven't created a new character in the last month or so.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #643 on: June 30, 2010, 04:50:03 AM »

I created my character at launch and have been leveling him only occasionally, so there might have been changes to the leveling curve. I haven't heard about anything though, and it seems very few quests below max level have been added in patches.

My complaint about lack of quests is the most common complaint about this game from what I can see, so I'm not alone.
Cragmyre

View Profile
« Reply #644 on: June 30, 2010, 04:07:25 PM »

In the city I also get citizen quests, which are now able to be done with 1-5 people.  There are also the bank robberies you can help stop, you'll notice that, at times, the cops will be around a bank, if you go near enough you'll get a popup quest to help them out.  Both of those types aren't necessarily quests, more like little side missions smile

I suffer from EGADD - Electronic Gaming Attention Deficit Disorder
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #645 on: June 30, 2010, 04:13:53 PM »

Quote from: Cragmyre on June 30, 2010, 04:07:25 PM

In the city I also get citizen quests, which are now able to be done with 1-5 people.  There are also the bank robberies you can help stop, you'll notice that, at times, the cops will be around a bank, if you go near enough you'll get a popup quest to help them out.  Both of those types aren't necessarily quests, more like little side missions smile

I do the citizen quests religiously when I get them (I need the XP so that I won't run out of quests too early). The only ones I haven't done are the ones where you fight the Demon group, because those are horribly unbalanced and impossible for me to complete even when I'm 3 levels above them.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #646 on: July 21, 2010, 08:42:18 PM »

Man, did I actually start this thread in March 2008? Where does the time go?  icon_confused

Anyway, there was a July 20 State of the Game address:
http://www.champions-online.com/node/595029
Some highlights (apparently a lot of bug fixes going in too)
   * Supergroup Improvements
          o We've added a number of new features to Supergroups. At the same time, we did a user interface overhaul and made it easier and more straightforward to use.
          o Supergroups can now advertise for recruits by making their supergroup visible in the new supergroup search window. You can specify how casual your group is, what kinds of things you like to do, point to your website and so on. We now keep a historical log of key events in the supergroup such as when people join, change ranks and level up.
          o We've added an Event system, which lets you create and schedule events for members to attend. You can sign up for the event, decline it and leave notes about it.

* Pet Powers
          o We're giving pet powers a huge and complete overhaul in this update. We are greatly changing the way they operate.
          o Previously, players controlled pets through special multi-mode powers and clever pet AI. Now players will be more explicit with their pets icon_eek. An expanded user interface will let you control how they operate (e.g. going into special modes) more directly.
          o We have made pets stronger overall. They have more powers and they do more damage. However, they now need energy to do their work. They don't have their own energy builders like players; you will need to make sure that you keep your pets juiced up.
          o We're very excited about these changes and think they make pets a whole lot more fun to play, but we want to know what you think. When these changes get to PTS, try them out and let us know. Balseraph will also write up a big post about all the changes when we get it out there.

* Civilian Mission Fixes
          o In a previous update, we made a bug fix which greatly reduced the number of civilian missions given to players. Many people didn't like this change because they like these instanced missions. In this update, you can now also go out and actively get these missions by rescuing civilians. If you find a civilian being threatened and defeat the critters around him, the citizen will give you a mission (assuming he has a valid one for you).

* Difficulty Slider
          o Our new difficulty slider will "go to 11" (one higher than we have now). [Gives me a "Spinal Tap" flashback icon_razz]
fwiw, Sept. 1 is the game's 1-year anniversary and it sounds like they'll probably have some stuff planned for that.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 09:52:17 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #647 on: July 21, 2010, 10:20:51 PM »

Wait...I thought the whole thing about CO's pets was that there was no player control over them (and that their AI was pretty stupid to boot). Now they're completely changing that after a year?

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Cragmyre

View Profile
« Reply #648 on: July 24, 2010, 06:26:09 PM »

I got a chance to try the Serpent's Lantern the other day.  I did it solo because I've got no friends  crybaby  but it was still very fun.  I didn't adjust any sliders so it was instanced to my level - most fights I was able to take no problem, though did die a couple of times, granted some of the deaths were because of recklessness.  Got some nice blues in drops, as well as some UNTIL tokens which supposedly are used to get different costume pieces or toys or whatnots.  It scales with more people, but I definitely could see how it would be more fun too.

Not sure I'd buy the adventure packs, as they are calling them, but guess I'll see about that when they become available.

MythicalMino
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #649 on: July 26, 2010, 12:24:02 AM »

I thought Serpent's Lantern was the first Adventure Pack? They have a second one coming around the end of September called The Demonflame.

Aren't they supposed to be "free"?

PSN: MythicalMino
Cragmyre

View Profile
« Reply #650 on: July 26, 2010, 03:12:54 AM »

Serpent's Lantern was free, but I believe the adventure packs were going to have to be bought with Champion Bucks ( or whatever the micro-currency is called ).  In fact, because I had heard that, I didn't even realize Serpent's Lantern was free until I stumbled upon the quest line.

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #651 on: July 26, 2010, 03:29:29 PM »

Quote from: Cragmyre on July 24, 2010, 06:26:09 PM

I got a chance to try the Serpent's Lantern the other day.  I did it solo because I've got no friends  crybaby  but it was still very fun.
You've got lots of friends here, dude, we just don't play Champions Online.  icon_wink

I do wanna visit again some day (I guess I can't technically re-visit because I never did buy or subscribe to the game). I'm waiting for an update that really wows me, so I can play the trial, and then give up before I get even remotely close to the ballyhooed new content. That's just how I do things.  retard
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 04:46:29 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #652 on: August 17, 2010, 11:41:06 AM »

Ruh-roh, Bill Roper got restless again...

Bill Roper Departs Cryptic Studios
http://www.champions-online.com/node/595033
*As an aside, he added, "No, Ron, your Hellgate: London lifetime subscription still isn't worth anything."  tear icon_smile

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #653 on: August 19, 2010, 04:52:26 PM »

Massively's columnist had a lengthy take on Lair team experiences:
http://www.massively.com/2010/08/19/behind-the-mask-play-nice-with-others/

btw, remember my whining about lack of an LFG channel in this and STO? This reminded me about that:
It's also not too hard to get people to do VIPER Nest or Moreau's Laboratory, if you're willing to shout in broadcast chat for a few minutes.
Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 08:11:06 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #654 on: August 19, 2010, 07:39:25 PM »

That's a good write up on the Lair experience in the game and pretty much mirrors my own.

I basically play the game with my wife and as a duo we can usually move through the lair slowly but typically at some point it just becomes impossible for two to complete.  So you end up trying to get a group together. Typically there's a few people that want to try it but don't have the quests or you can't share the quests with them. That means they either leave right away or once the run turns bad (which there's usally a point) they leave meaning you gotta pack it up or go at a snails pace.

It's unfortunate because some of these Lairs have pretty neat ideas or layouts but the shortcoming are preventing people from going through them. So like mentioned in the article we either skip the lairs or give it a half hearted try just to see the design.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #655 on: August 19, 2010, 07:47:13 PM »

Damn. That sounds like a lot of core problems with the game itself (and matches my own experiences when I used to play). And it's a problem that City of Heroes has solved - practically any group of 8 (no matter their classes, but a lone Defender of any type generally helps) can beat any of the game's upper level raid content without too much of a problem (and with a ton of flashy effects).

There's a reason why CoX is still the best superhero MMO around - and this only strengthens that reasoning.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #656 on: August 24, 2010, 11:59:28 AM »

Got this e-mail update:

New Free Trial

Over the past year, we’ve been working very hard to continually improve Champions Online, and we want to show the world what we’ve been up to. From September 1 through September 7, new and returning players can come and enjoy all of Champions Online for free. There will be no retail key or subscription required for this free trial. Players just need to sign up for a free Cryptic account and play! It's also a largely unrestricted trial, so newcomers can experience the entire game and play with friends (not just the limited Demo tutorial).

To sign up, just visit our Anniversary Event signup page [http://www.champions-online.com/play_free] starting August 27. Play begins on September 1, but we wanted to make sure you could preload the client.
They're also doing various Anniversary event things (gift drops) and 20% discounts in the c-store.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #657 on: August 24, 2010, 02:23:52 PM »

I guess I might as well poke my head back in and see what if anything has been changed.

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #658 on: August 24, 2010, 02:55:27 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on August 24, 2010, 02:23:52 PM

I guess I might as well poke my head back in and see what if anything has been changed.
I guess it's always this way (i.e., like someone dangling cash at the end of a fishing line near a treadmill's end, but no matter how fast you run, you never get there) but to me the Next big update sounds more promising, along with some things producer Poz said they'll consider improving, fixing, adding in the near future.

That was in the state of the game the other day:
http://www.champions-online.com/node/595035

I do think I'll give it a whirl during the Sept. 1-7 period. I never have bought the game, I was just in the late open beta.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #659 on: August 27, 2010, 06:34:07 PM »

Just reminding my addled brain to visit here today to re-activate and re-download (if neeeded) the client:
http://www.champions-online.com/play_free

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #660 on: August 27, 2010, 11:24:21 PM »

A lot of us trying to sign up are getting an error message. At least SOME things never change.  Roll Eyes

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Cragmyre

View Profile
« Reply #661 on: August 28, 2010, 12:00:38 AM »

I've had no problems, but I also had the game.  I didn't need to wait for a freebie to see how much I enjoyed it.  It is easier to find flaws than it is to give something a chance Tongue

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #662 on: August 28, 2010, 12:26:23 AM »

Quote from: Cragmyre on August 28, 2010, 12:00:38 AM

I've had no problems, but I also had the game.  I didn't need to wait for a freebie to see how much I enjoyed it.  It is easier to find flaws than it is to give something a chance Tongue
Well, if you can't sign up for it, and you can't download it, you can't well even see how it's changed since the screwed up launch then, can you? It's just frustrating. There's several other people who want to try it, and they can't either.

I've got an open mind, and I want to give it another chance, but if they can't even get their ducks on a row on a re-visit event, it's not exactly making a positive impression. If you'd rather they just tell people who can't get it to work to go shove off, that's your right, but it's not very helpful, and it's not a good way to draw new players to the game.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Cragmyre

View Profile
« Reply #663 on: August 28, 2010, 01:49:31 AM »

I'm sorry you are having problems.  I was only teasing.  I am enjoying the festivities, they did a good job and they aren't in your face or feel like you have to grind a ton to participate.  Basically there are a few perks you can get in the city, and also presents drop from the baddies ( as long as they are no lower than 5 below you ).   The presents contain different items including costume pieces.  They, obviously, are a bit rarer, but I've gotten 3 pieces so far just by working on my quests.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #664 on: August 28, 2010, 02:03:18 AM »

Quote from: Blackjack on August 27, 2010, 11:24:21 PM

A lot of us trying to sign up are getting an error message. At least SOME things never change.  Roll Eyes

ROFL - I did the same (old subscriber) and I got a success message in a tiny box 'Thanks for signing up for Anniversary Trial!', AND I got a giant 'WARNING Page can not be found' message on the rest of the page.

That is Cryptic for you, and I think that's what Blackjack meant with his post.

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #665 on: September 02, 2010, 03:12:03 AM »

Mea Culpa!. icon_redface

After all that hulabaloo, turns out my Champions open beta account was all I needed, so I didn't need to signup or download anything (just update my old client). Duh. Color me...  retard So chances are, if you visited the SignUp page and it bounces you, it just means your old (or open beta) login is now considered Active again, and you can just login. If you uninstalled the client, I don't know. Maybe you can still install the old open beta client and update it.

I'm updating but I may need to let it finish up overnight.

To give them credit, they did update the Sign Up page error screen to better explain why one gets the message. What mighta helped me is if they'd explained that even an old open beta account was good for this anniversary event (which seems to be the case, we'll see).

Cragmyre has probably removed me from his Santa list, but oh well, what can I say? I just get bent out of shape sometimes.  retard
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 03:28:57 AM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #666 on: September 02, 2010, 12:04:04 PM »

I got some time in last night. My old open beta character King Richard (swords/martial arts etc.) was still there, so I at least got a bit of a head start. It'll take me some time to get to any of the newer content.

I did finally give it some better thought in terms of sticking with low energy cost attacks early on, and took a little time to understand what passives to go for and which ones I could use. So I'm trying to develop him into a less gimped character than he felt like in late open beta last year.

If only it had an LFG channel.  tear icon_razz

Actually the Team Search function looks more useful than I remember, maybe that will squelch my LFG concerns.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 12:05:57 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Cragmyre

View Profile
« Reply #667 on: September 02, 2010, 01:30:10 PM »

Mostly I solo because if I'm going to group, I'd prefer to do it with friends.  I don't worry about the strength of my character though, for me it is about the theme.  I also tend to stick with one powerset, unless my vision of the character varies.

My current main hero ( I have a really bad case of alt-itis ) is named Lady Arachnid and uses the Darkness powerset.  They don't have any webbing powers, but this set seemed to fit the theme of my character.  Another one of my favorites is Couch Potato.  He uses telekinis, the healing bots from gadgeteering, and his travel power is Earth flight.  I figured he is so lazy that he doesn't even bother walking around, but moves the earth under him with his mind ( all those years of watching television gave him those powers slywink )

I may never be great at PvP ( though I only tend to play the zombie one if I play any at all ), I may die a lot doing instances, but I do have fun seeing the visions of my characters come to life  icon_cool

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #668 on: September 02, 2010, 02:02:48 PM »

The game is entertaining enough for a playthrough or two. Which, BTW, can be totally done in the week of free gameplay they're giving everyone. So get at it, Blackjack. biggrin

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #669 on: September 02, 2010, 02:43:32 PM »

Part of the reason I never signed up is I couldn't quite grasp tweaking of powers and the energy costs and what not. So my characters would hit a brick wall at which point I couldn't seem to work through the content anymore without a lot of help (I couldn't figure out power combinations that were both strong and efficient). I'd either get waxed all the time, or I'd be out of energy all the time etc.

Looking back, I think I was just lazy, and didn't spend enough time in the Powerhouse reading through the various stats. If I could get the hang of that, then I could maybe see finally getting it (if I can get it at a sale price) and subscribing at least for a little bit.

At the start, I'm really more about progressing in the game than I am about creating different themed do-gooders. I would like King Richard to stick mostly with swords, though I remember feeling that if I didn't give in to some sort of ranged-attack eventually, i'd regret it.  icon_smile But I'm trying to steer clear of shurikens and smoke bombs and not let King Richard turn into King Richard: Ninja Samurai!   icon_razz

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #670 on: September 02, 2010, 04:01:17 PM »

The powers are way more balanced now than at launch, so you can go a bit more wild than before without gimping your character.

Btw, everyone should make a real ninja. They are just so fun to play! smile I've fiddled with a few different builds, but none has been as awesome (in every sense of the word) as Dai Katana, dual blade specialist (and his nemesis: Shadowblade!). He's just got that GI Joe look that I can't do again even if I try. Got lucky on my first attempt with the character design tool.

morlac

View Profile
« Reply #671 on: September 02, 2010, 04:37:58 PM »

your ninja's got Camel toe.  No not there....on his feet!

morlac00 on PSN
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #672 on: September 02, 2010, 05:06:14 PM »

This is still me (King Richard, old screenshots), and I'm glad I can still play my open beta character, as I did like his costume.  icon_smile

Alas, I don't have that glowie sword anymore. I wish you could equip things (whatever it was I equipped that gave that effect, I had to change it out for something with better stats but no visuals) like that cosmetically (a cue for someone to tell me I can...)

While I don't wish the game were exactly like COH, I do wish maybe it had some other sword skills powers that were less ninja-ish and more like a, I dunno, a Beserker or a more broadsword-warrior type thing (maybe it does and I've missed it).
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 05:09:39 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Abaddon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #673 on: September 02, 2010, 06:56:57 PM »

Re-upped for the free week and jumped in last night. Think I lasted about 30 min before i was pretty bored. At level 28 I was annihilating entire packs of mobs several levels higher then I was to the point I wasn't even taking any damage. While I am certainly not looking to die every 5 minutes there should be at least some sense of a challenge. Orbital Cannon is simply way to powerful, combined with Shadow embrace and it was fairly ridiculous. One shot of Orbital Cannon would outright kill any henchman and leave Villians at 1/4 health, a quick burst of Shadow and everything was dead in seconds. I never even hit any of my other powers. Perhaps I was just questing in the wrong areas or something. Guess I will mess around with it some more over the weekend and try and find a build that offers some fun without purposely trying to gimp myself.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #674 on: September 02, 2010, 06:59:07 PM »

Quote from: Abaddon on September 02, 2010, 06:56:57 PM

Re-upped for the free week and jumped in last night. Think I lasted about 30 min before i was pretty bored. At level 28 I was annihilating entire packs of mobs several levels higher then I was to the point I wasn't even taking any damage. While I am certainly not looking to die every 5 minutes there should be at least some sense of a challenge. Orbital Cannon is simply way to powerful, combined with Shadow embrace and it was fairly ridiculous. One shot of Orbital Cannon would outright kill any henchman and leave Villians at 1/4 health, a quick burst of Shadow and everything was dead in seconds. I never even hit any of my other powers. Perhaps I was just questing in the wrong areas or something. Guess I will mess around with it some more over the weekend and try and find a build that offers some fun without purposely trying to gimp myself.

Try fighting D.E.M.O.N.

I can't beat them even when I'm several levels above them.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #675 on: September 03, 2010, 12:01:51 PM »

I'm up to about L11. I think either I've done a little better job of choosing, upgrading powers, talents etc., or they nerfed certain enemies that used to give me trouble. For me, that's better (I got frustrated at around this point in previous tries), though I realize later in the game there have been frequent complaints it's just too easy aside from certain instances.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #676 on: September 03, 2010, 01:28:25 PM »

re-upped for the free week as well.  I'm interested to see what they did with Sorcery

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #677 on: September 03, 2010, 06:16:52 PM »

While I'm not saying I'd actually buy this yet (and clearly I don't plan to buy another lifetime MMO subscription until Hell Freezes Over or CeeKay stops giving me crap about it icon_razz), I have just one question on the Steam version. Which is would I be able to use the Steam key on my current account (technically it's an updated client from late Champions open beta) and just keep playing, or would I really need to install the Steam version separately and run it that way?

Although I've embraced buying via Steam, I haven't bought an MMO that way just yet. So I wasn't sure if the Steam version of an MMO updated the same way (non-MMO games I've bought via Steam usually need their own Steam-version-specific patches), and whether the Steam retail key will work like a regular retail key, or only when running the Steam-specific version of Champions.

Or am I thinking about this too much?  retard

I also find it entertaining that the "LFG" custom channel we set up back during open beta (I suppose maybe it got deleted and re-started by someone else, but I like to think it's leftover from last year) is still there today, and sees a little bit of use. And people still grouse that "doesn't anyone actually use the LFG channel to look for a group?" And someone responded last night, "Oh some guy must've created this in beta cause Cryptic won't bother to create an official LFG channel." I found it comforting, in a warped way... icon_smile
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 06:22:35 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #678 on: September 04, 2010, 01:30:51 PM »

I got hit by a bizarre wave of motion sickness while playing late Friday night, so I may have to draw my CO return to a premature close.  tear

A few less moldly pix...

So far the only person who's been sociable was a guy hollering "nub" and lecturing me on how to complete a quest (I just didn't see the target I needed was in a large group). Most of chat seems to be people arguing about costumes, or people telling people they don't really need teammates for the missions that claim you need a group. So for now, I've stopped trying to be sociable and I'm treating this like the "single player MMO" we've discussed in that other thread.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 01:33:39 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #679 on: September 04, 2010, 06:22:12 PM »

That's because for the most part, CO is.

And didn't you have motion sickness when you played this before (and thus why you quit before)?

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: