http://gamingtrend.com
July 28, 2014, 05:15:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CG WoW Guild Discussion!  (Read 4768 times)
Calvin
Gaming Trend Senior Member

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« on: October 30, 2004, 05:07:00 PM »

Ok guys, I have been wanting to get into a discussion about this since it seems very likely that we will see retail in no more than a month. So...what is our interest level here in a guild comprise of Console Gold people (and possibly good peeps we meet in game?) I know that the former Gone Gold guild the Wanderers still remains and will be the Alliance of Wanderers in retail, but I think it would be nice to start a guild that had some Console Gold heritage. So....obviously any details of anything would be predicated on whether we can get 10 people to say they are likely to play with us, since we need 10 people for the charter. So, if you are interested, put your name down as a reply, tell us what you want in a guild, what characters you intend to play (alliance vis a vis horde for the guild), and anything else you might add.

I just wanted to offer that as a huge Pratchett/Discworld fan I always thought it would be enormously clever to have a guild named the Ankh-Morpork Guard or The Night Watch or some such...those of youthat are fans will smile along with me, the others will think I am crazy smile Thats just my first inclination for a name.

So...my info:
100% want to go Alliance
Main: Gnome Mage
Alt: Gnome Warrior
Name ideas: Ankh-Morpork Guard/The Night Watch
Willing to take any position in the guild.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2004, 05:11:27 PM »

When I think Nightwatch I think Babylon 5 smile

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2004, 05:23:30 PM »

Please, please, please keep this on topic.
Torfish
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2004, 05:54:46 PM »

I would be interested, most definitely.  My character, undead rogue.

I like Night Watch as a name.
obb
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2004, 05:59:52 PM »

I might be interested, especially if we got enough to hit the raid content.  Out of curiosity, I'd heard about some GG guild dying out because of people leaving the game.  Is this a given for MMORPGs/Guilds or depend on the people/game some.

I remember trying to start a clan for Warcraft III on GG but we never quite had enough.  I don't think that'll be a problem with WoW.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2004, 06:09:56 PM »

It is just about guaranteed that the longer an MMORPG lasts, the more guild members you lose...its just attrittion really, as people get bored, move on to something new, etc. The GG guild, The Wanderers is alive and kicking for WoW, and will likely be huge.

If we can get 10 people in this thread indicating in, we can tentatively plan for which side, etc to play...so throw your opinions in the ring!!
Sam Hell
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2004, 06:24:26 PM »

2 friends of mine have been kicking around the idea of starting our own guild. Nothing concrete yet.

If that idea falls through I'd definetly be interested in this. I'm going to grill them next week about how serious we are and get back to ya, Rage.
obb
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2004, 07:13:47 PM »

Me and my fiance will have Horde alts but probably focus on Alliance.  Just in case some shy Orc was hesistating to post in this thread.
Vinda-Lou

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2004, 07:32:57 PM »

I'm pretty casual w/ online games, but I'm good to go for a few hours a week, give or take.  I don't know what type of guy I'm going to make yet, but it will be an Alliance character.
weeskwee
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2004, 12:53:51 AM »

rage, were you not the original guild master of the wanderers in DAoC that bailed on us quick for some reason or another? it was ran excellently after that. or am i remembering it wrong? if it wasn't you i'm sorry. that was just some crummy leadership whoever it was.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2004, 01:10:05 AM »

I know I'll buy it shortly after release.  I doubt I'll play it unless I'm playing it with people I know and who are having fun.

If that describes what we're talking about setting up then I'll be in.

I have absolutely no idea what class, race, etc I'll play.  I wasn't in the beta.   crybaby
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2004, 01:12:04 AM »

Yep. That was me. I have apologized for that about a bazillion times, and it was, unless I am mistaken...4 years ago? I think thats about long enough penance. If you followed me in here purposefully to try to take a shot at me, thats too bad, I alwasy respected you from GG weeskswee. If you will note in my post, I said: "Willing to take any position in the guild."

I might be a good GM, I might not. The first experience was a disaster, thats for sure, but frankly, I am sick of apologizing for it. Its done, its over, I made a mistake, I manned up and apologized, and now I would like to get on with it and have fun in a new game that I am very much looking forward to and that I very much enjoy in beta.
Pharaoh

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2004, 06:12:59 AM »

I swear to god if I see another current Wanderer slam Rage for what happened 4 god damn years ago, Im going to to flip.

He apologized. Multiple times. Hes resisted multiple attempts by you guys to slam him, attack him, or whatever else the hell has happened lately. Its like a witch hunt for a child killer, and its really sad. Its a game. GAME.
With events that occured 4. Years. Ago. 4. Years. Ago. Please guys lol.

Good luck starting a CG guild Rage, make sure to be aware ahead of time if you have the time required. As you know and the current Wanderers can attest, its a big responsibilty!
jessie
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2004, 06:56:39 AM »

I've never MMO'd with you guys before, but I'm always down to play with good peeps.  I've been testing/playing WoW since the first alpha, so I know my way around a bit even though none of my characters ever eclipsed the lvl 30 mark.  (I didn't wanna ruin the game, sue me!)

http://www.grandtheftblogger.com

XBOX Live! Gamer Tag: jessthelaw
Abaddon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2004, 06:14:11 PM »

I would definitely be interested, unfortunately it seems as if the general consensus is for an Alliance guild and my plan is to play my "main" on the Horde side. If theres enough folks with an interest in the Horde keep me in mind smile.

Abaddon
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2004, 07:15:07 PM »

Chances are I will find myself on the side of the horde with an Undead something (Not sure yet).  Maybe we can have a CG civil war.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2004, 07:22:35 PM »

There is absolutely NO reason that we can't have a horde guild and an alliance guild, the difficutly comes from getting enough members for each side. We need 10 to form a guild on each side...so lets see how many others we can recruit in the next week or so and we can try to make some more concrete plans.
obb
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2004, 08:16:44 PM »

Like I said, there are some with Horde alts so we'd be able to put together something probably.
jessie
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2004, 11:32:09 PM »

FYI, I don't believe you can have a horde & alliance character on the same server.

http://www.grandtheftblogger.com

XBOX Live! Gamer Tag: jessthelaw
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2004, 12:50:35 AM »

I thought that was only on the PVP server jessie...im pretty sure you can have them on the same server on the PVE servers...
Eightball

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2004, 02:11:59 AM »

Actually, Rage, I think they were planning it like Jessie said on all servers.  I think the logic is because all servers will have PvP (be it battlegrounds or HvA).  Of course, I can't link the post since the forum is still down, but I had forgotten about that.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2004, 02:34:48 AM »

Ahso...I knew they had battlegrounds coming but i must have missed the post about the toons. oh well, we can look it up tomorrow and be sure.
Cortilian
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2004, 02:54:38 AM »

I swear to god if I see another current Wanderer slam Rage for what happened 4 god damn years ago, Im going to to flip.

He apologized. Multiple times. Hes resisted multiple attempts by you guys to slam him, attack him, or whatever else the hell has happened lately. Its like a witch hunt for a child killer, and its really sad. Its a game. GAME.
With events that occured 4. Years. Ago. 4. Years. Ago. Please guys lol.

Good luck starting a CG guild Rage, make sure to be aware ahead of time if you have the time required. As you know and the current Wanderers can attest, its a big responsibilty!

/seconded

Good luck with the new guild.
whispa
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2004, 12:24:07 PM »

Just curious if anyone plans to play on the PvP servers?
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2004, 06:12:18 PM »

I think what we shoudl do is start a poll thread, so people can vote on what combination of servers they would rather play for a guild...so now someone tell me how to make a poll! smile[/list]
Scott

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2004, 09:24:55 PM »

What's up with the guild?  I'm slowly talking myself into getting this game ;-).

---
XBox Live: ScottW
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2004, 09:42:20 PM »

Hey Scott,
We are running a poll to decide what kind of guild we want to be (Alliance/Horde and PvP/PvE). It will run until November 8th, then we willt ry to decide on a server and a guild structure and name. Please vote in the poll!

http://www.consolegold.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2400
ebane67
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2004, 11:30:47 PM »

I am very interested in joining a CG guild on wow.  Of course I have no preference to whether we play alliance or horde, I am just itching to hook up with some cool peeps and have some fun exploring the wow world!
I just recently got into the beta and am fiddling around with characters from both factions.  I live in Chicago, and will mainly be playing in the late afternoon, and evening hours.
I really like the druid, and may even try to get into the shaman class and hunter classes.
And oh yeah, I consider myself a casual player, who only hits it super heavy on one day of the weekend.  Two days if its a special occasion!  biggrin

I'm Hudson, HE'S Hicks...sir
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: