http://gamingtrend.com
April 24, 2014, 06:54:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CG Battlefield 2 Clan?  (Read 6120 times)
Calvin
Gaming Trend Senior Member

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« on: June 22, 2005, 06:12:07 AM »

Ok, so with the game in wide release tomorrow, are we going to set up some sort of official/unofficial clan to help us find groups/servers/squads, etc.?

I am not sure how would be the most efficient means of doing this but I know I would like to have easy access to a group of good, mature gamers to fill out Rage's Squad, often named Omega. You know, the end, for your bitch asses if you are my enemy. Or something. I thought it sounded cool when I typed it.

Also, please post your class preference here so we get a feeling for what we have in terms of options.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 10:49:56 AM »

Its all about the snipers baby.  I'll be picking it up on my way home from work. I'll set up a clan right away and re-post in here.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005, 05:12:57 PM »

In!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sniper as well..

Go Gunners...
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2005, 05:30:44 PM »

Oh you bastards are going to make me buy this arent you...why do I even bother resisting. *sigh*

In...Spec ops...*mumbles*

Ascendent
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2005, 05:38:57 PM »

Quote from: "Ascendent"
Oh you bastards are going to make me buy this arent you...why do I even bother resisting. *sigh*

Ascendent

As long as you have the specs to run it, you'll be happy you did.  Fun game!

I'm in too.  Either Assault Guy or Tank Killer - whatever we need more of.

LD

LD

"A young woman led them across the galaxy, and it is she who will lead them again.  Her name is Karan S'jet."
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2005, 05:45:25 PM »

If I keep the game...I'm in as the Engie. smile

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Bulletpig

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2005, 11:38:52 PM »

Count me in!  Are we going to go against other clans?  I should have the game by Friday.

Pig
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2005, 11:59:36 PM »

There is no in-game support for Clans is there?  Or am I just too lame to find it...

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2005, 09:12:19 PM »

aha, found the right thread.  Heya Rage, how goes it?

I know someone at OO mentioned that the CG also might be interested, but I'm renting a ranked server and am trying to see what kind of response we can get to keep the cost covered.  Right now I've found one for $5/slot and will be getting it setup at 32 slots for 1 month tomorrow to try it out.  If we get good enough response we could either switch it private, or open it to more slots to ensure a good playerbase.

Be nice to have a way for us all to play without fighting the stupid browser.

edit: I'd be setting this up with several people from both sites as admin so we'd always be able to get in, I can also get a TS server with it if needed, but I think there are more than enough TS's floating around for us to use.  

Haven't seen you in any games in quite awhile Rage, whatcha up to?
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2005, 09:23:14 PM »

Quote from: "Harkonis"
aha, found the right thread.  Heya Rage, how goes it?

I know someone at OO mentioned that the CG also might be interested, but I'm renting a ranked server and am trying to see what kind of response we can get to keep the cost covered.  Right now I've found one for $5/slot and will be getting it setup at 32 slots for 1 month tomorrow to try it out.  If we get good enough response we could either switch it private, or open it to more slots to ensure a good playerbase.

Be nice to have a way for us all to play without fighting the stupid browser.

edit: I'd be setting this up with several people from both sites as admin so we'd always be able to get in, I can also get a TS server with it if needed, but I think there are more than enough TS's floating around for us to use.  

Haven't seen you in any games in quite awhile Rage, whatcha up to?

Hi Harkonis,
Well, on CG I tried to suggest this, some people got snippy about our CG brethren, I got offended and sort of "Defended the sites honor" and Kratz and then a bunch of his #GG crew all said they were bailing. So then I posted and said fine, you guys please stay, I'll go back. I just wanted both sites to play together so we could have a big server and a lot of fun. I didn't realize it would get vitriolic so quickly or that they apparently werent that in favor of a server. So, if you are setting something up, I will be happy to be a part of it, but I don't want to interfere with that OO thread anymore, its made me look like an ass when all I wanted to do was try to get more people together having fun.  frown
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2005, 09:29:06 PM »

I wouldn't let it concern you either way.  Both sites seem to get a bit over-zealous versus the other at times.

I'm still renting it, and still opening it up to members from EITHER site because I don't buy this partisan BS slywink

Might have to do 24 slots until we see how the donations are though, I make decent money now, but not enough to throw away $160 a month on a game slywink

edit: I'm having a flashback... you trying to organize something... it falling through and me pulling it together!  lol, just teasin ya.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2005, 09:32:18 PM »

I wouldn't let it concern you either way.  Both sites seem to get a bit over-zealous versus the other at times.

I'm still renting it, and still opening it up to members from EITHER site because I don't buy this partisan BS slywink

Might have to do 24 slots until we see how the donations are though, I make decent money now, but not enough to throw away $160 a month on a game slywink

edit: I'm having a flashback... you trying to organize something... it falling through and me pulling it together!  lol, just teasin ya.

Im glad you have forgiven me for that. I still feel badly and was hoping it might have been long enough for you to give me a second chance with that. I have tried to be a friend of the wanderers and its members whenever possible since then frown
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2005, 09:47:29 PM »

Life goes on slywink

anyone still interested, email me at [email protected] substitute Harkonis for myname.
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2005, 09:49:03 PM »

Wait, there's a second Battlefield game?

PSN ID: EduardoX
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2005, 10:02:24 PM »

Quote from: "Eduardo X"
Wait, there's a second Battlefield game?

Now you are just mocking us smile
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2005, 11:53:45 PM »

Looks like this will be going forward.  Getting a server setup hopefully before the weekend.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2005, 12:30:39 AM »

Yep, I'll run the TS server on clan nights and upon request, hopefully we can come up with something awesome here.  Kudos for setting this up so quick Harkonis.

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2005, 01:08:04 AM »

I'll probably buy this this weekend.  How exactly do you find this server and join.  I have never played a BF game before.As far as what I will be in the game-whatever you all need me to be.  Doesn't matter to me.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2005, 01:15:09 AM »

really great guys, playing this with a full squad working together + mics is a dream. Been playing in pubs and its quite enjoyable think it'll be so much better an experience with mature players...well slightly more mature

Ascendent
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2005, 01:15:33 AM »

Server isn't up yet, so no IP yet.  When I get the IP I'll post it, then in game you just choose 'Join IP' and type it in.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2005, 05:15:39 PM »

Server is up @ 69.31.96.155 currently set for 24 players ranked.

I won't be able to get in game until after work, but will be tweaking server settings throughout the day from work.  Please try to play on the server and let me know how it is.  Will probably have a few reboots as I change settings, and until I get everything worked out on server controls, we won't have reserved slots.

Eventually, we will have the ability to have the server be public, but once full it will ask you for a member password and if you have one it boots a random non-member and lets you join.  This will ensure that those who are donating are getting priority and not waiting in line.
StriderGG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2005, 05:57:20 PM »

Heya guys, nice to see you all again.

Hark, your idea is awesome, good thing it didn't die after all that stuff on OO. I am looking forward to playing with all of you again. I just hope my ping will be at acceptable level - playing from Canada has its restrictions. smile Do you know where your server is located? Hopefully in NY smile

As for the class, I played and liked everything but sniper and support, so I can switch as needed. No flying for me though, I could never figure it out ever since BF1942. biggrin

[edit] BTW, "Woot!" for my first post here smile
[edit2] I am aka Hedinn (Wanderers).
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2005, 06:03:49 PM »

Server is in Chicago, shouldn't be too horrible for ya. slywink

Good to see ya again Hed/Ton/Strid lol

Maybe you should be a Redmage/medic heh
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2005, 06:40:53 PM »

Welcome Strider.

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2005, 11:51:30 PM »

Xfire name is Harkonis

msg me when you are ready to join and I'll make room
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2005, 07:11:53 PM »

Server is up @ 69.31.96.155 currently set for 24 players ranked.

I won't be able to get in game until after work, but will be tweaking server settings throughout the day from work.  Please try to play on the server and let me know how it is.  Will probably have a few reboots as I change settings, and until I get everything worked out on server controls, we won't have reserved slots.

Eventually, we will have the ability to have the server be public, but once full it will ask you for a member password and if you have one it boots a random non-member and lets you join.  This will ensure that those who are donating are getting priority and not waiting in line.

Harkonis, can we up it to 32? 24 is very small for some of the maps.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2005, 09:41:25 PM »

Realize going up to 32 costs an extra 5 bucks per person.

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2005, 09:59:11 PM »

I got it and am ready to join in some time.  I am hebgbz online.  What's this about extra $5?  I don't mind paying, just let me know what I owe, who we pay, and how.  Do we have a schedule or are we just coming and going at random?

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2005, 10:32:34 PM »

I also think we should go to 32, or perhaps even 40.  Any more and we'll get the mysterious lag that hits high volume ranked servers.

The server costs $5/slot, so we can raise it if we get enough support.  

I'll put together a FAQ about our server since I'm getting a lot of the same questions from different sources.  Basically eventually the server will have reserved slots and public slots and paying gets you a reserved slot so you can always get on.  Right now we have to kick someone to open a slot, and it's far from ideal.

I have about 10 or so that are interested in donating so far, anyone who hasn't already send me an email and I'll add you to the list.   Please include your BF2 name so I don't boot you to make room for someone else. slywink

Once we get a firm idea of how many are interested, we'll figure out how much we'll need to keep the server up and running.  I would like to get it prepaid for 3 months at a time so we have little to no risk of it going down.  The company I'm renting from seems to be very on-the-ball, so I think server issues should be minimal.  I would think if we can get 20 people or so, and each person can foot $10/mth we could do a 40 man server. Let me know what you guys think.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2005, 10:38:39 PM »

Anyone who wants in, this is going to be the best way to get on for now...

http://www.octopusoverlords.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=143

check the bottom of that post, and get a TS account.  Tell me or another admin in TS that you would like on, and we'll boot someone for you to join.  This is the best we can do until reserved slots are added.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2005, 10:47:32 PM »

Anyone who wants in, this is going to be the best way to get on for now...

http://www.octopusoverlords.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=143

check the bottom of that post, and get a TS account.  Tell me or another admin in TS that you would like on, and we'll boot someone for you to join.  This is the best we can do until reserved slots are added.

Hey Harky, how are you determining the admin slots? Just following up on the email I sent.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2005, 03:17:49 PM »

So is there a CG clan?  I would love to play against the OO guys (I'm at OO a lot too, but my loyalty lies here).  

Can someone give me a quick run down on the server situation.  I played on Hark's server last night and had a great time.

What is this Tony Danza server I keep hearing about?

Thanks in advance.

Go Gunners...
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2005, 03:25:15 PM »

Tony Danza server is the server paid for by the #gg guys (search for #gg in the server browser).
Hark's Hell is the server paid for by Harkonis with supporting donations from various cg/oo folks.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2005, 04:58:40 PM »

I'm working on getting my website backup along with a HH forum on it.  Having some issues with phBB2 though, I'm a noob at it. lol

web address is www.harkonis.com, used to be the home of my now-defunct gaming clan, Hark's HellRazors.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2005, 05:42:58 PM »

I found invision to be a breeze to setup. I never tried phpBB tho.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2005, 07:33:03 PM »

Thanks for the info!

Go Gunners...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: