http://gamingtrend.com
November 27, 2014, 10:08:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bypassing the WoW queue  (Read 4498 times)
jonsauce
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: December 01, 2004, 12:30:38 AM »

From one of my Danish friends:

Supposedly this is working, pretty simple too.

Queue comes up for the server you selected.
Click change realm.
Choose the same server.
No queue.

Now Playing
--------------
NHL 09
NFL Head Coach 09
Red Faction Guerilla
Rockband 2
tiny ogre
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2004, 12:52:12 AM »

It worked for one whole day, and that day was not today nor even yesterday slywink
jonsauce
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2004, 01:16:54 AM »

I'm glad to see you guys fixed it Tiny Ogre.  I don't play WoW at all, but it seemed like a cheap way to get by.  I figured you would show up sooner or later and let us know it's not working.  I'm glad its not, but figured I'd let the CG community know about it if it was smile

Now Playing
--------------
NHL 09
NFL Head Coach 09
Red Faction Guerilla
Rockband 2
Butterknife
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2004, 03:57:34 PM »

Well, I'm not glad they fixed it -- I didn't even get to try it once!

Although waiting in line is pretty annoying when people keep butting in front of you.  slywink
leo8877
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2004, 04:53:45 PM »

Or you can go to a server with low/med pop.  :wink:
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2004, 04:57:12 PM »

Quote from: "leo8877"

NEVER! I have to play on the most populated server, and if I can't I'm going to go whine and complain and call people homosexuals on the WoW forums!
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2004, 05:07:10 PM »

Quote from: "Koz"

NEVER! I have to play on the most populated server, and if I can't I'm going to go whine and complain and call people homosexuals on the WoW forums!

You mean you need a *reason* to do that? Tongue

s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
Gryndyl

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2004, 05:11:51 PM »

I've only seen a queue once and it was for about 3 minutes. What servers are these still happening on? Mine usually has a high population.

Twitter: Slush Pile Tweets
Amazon Author Pages: Horror, Humor
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2004, 05:40:37 PM »

Quote from: "Koz"

Oh man those forums are the worst.  Thank goodness the Blizz employee posts are highlighted, so I can just scroll down to them.
Abaddon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2004, 06:32:21 PM »

What servers are these still happening on? Mine usually has a high population.

I cant speak for all servers but I am on Blackhand in the Central TZ and after 3pm Central time queues are definitely there. I was placed in queues twice last night, first one was for about 40 minutes a little before 5pm. I am assuming this is prime time with kids getting home from school and folks coming home from work. I logged off around 6:30 for dinner, yes I could have simply gone AFK in town like the hundreds of other players but I refuse to contribute to the problem. Tryed logging back in an hour later and the queue wait was about 30 minutes maybe a little less.

Personally I think the time may have been better spent fixing the underlying issues rather then fixing the workaround(bypassing the queue) to the workaround(queues in general). I play on the Horde side and at any given time there are a good 30 or 40 people AFK in the Crossroads and another 50 or more in Orgrimmar. I have run quests around Crossroads for close to 2 hours and I see the same people sitting in the same spot with AFK over their heads each time I come back to turn in my quests. If you sit at the login screen too long the game seems to disconnect you this needs to be implemented in game for folks who are AFK'ing for days at a time to avoid the queues.

Yes I know I can simply create a new character on a new lower population server and if I only had 10 or 12 levels I might have been willing to do it unfortunately since I had a number of friends playing on this server I was willing to put up with the queues assuming they would be removed a few days after release. This was something also hinted at by Blizzard responses on the forums. Its been a full week now and my character and my guild is fully entrenched on our original server. IMHO asking players to voluntarily abandon characters and start over on new servers is a pretty silly solution, MMO's have tryed this in the past and it never works Im not sure why Blizzard expected any different. Character transfers at this point will be the only viable resolution.

Please dont take this as a whine or a slam on WoW, I am enjoying the game, I was just responding to the many posts I've seen on this forum saying "What queues I never see any queues". You may not see them on your server but many of us do and after a week of this getting put into a queue for even 20 minutes now is getting pretty fustrating.
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2004, 07:32:23 PM »

Central/Eastern servers are a mess.  I'd recommend Mountain or Pacific if you're starting a new character.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
unbreakable
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2004, 06:14:05 AM »

Dont forget, the newbite swarm from Christmas time is still pending.  Little Timmy is just dying to open that nice, new, shiny WoW box sitting under the tree, and SO ARE ALL HIS FRIENDS!!!!
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2004, 06:22:59 AM »

For all the other problems, Ih avent been in a queue since the second day I think.
sig20paramedic
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2004, 12:48:30 PM »

Knock on wood I haven't had to wait in a queue yet and I've been on a Central time sever(Whisperwind Wind) at all times of the day.
Butterknife
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2004, 04:10:43 PM »

My alternate character that I play when my main server is down is actually on Whisperwind.  It has been up every time I try it.

Seems that when one side of the country goes down the other one stays up, and vice versa.  So this works pretty well.  The only real problem I have is that my alternate on Whisperwind is a Warlock, and so far I haven't had that much fun playing a Warlock.  Maybe I'll have to start (yet another) new character ...
MrBad
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2004, 05:14:55 PM »

Dont forget, the newbite swarm from Christmas time is still pending. Little Timmy is just dying to open that nice, new, shiny WoW box sitting under the tree, and SO ARE ALL HIS FRIENDS!!!!

I have this same thought several times the past few days.  Mostly because I will setting my account at the same time as Little Timmy.  My wife makes me stop all personal toy purchases in Nov so that there is still stuff she can buy me for the holidays.  

I took the week after Christmas off.  (For reasons other than playing WoW, although I can't think of any off the top of my head.  Family? Minor house repair?)  I would hate to have all that time to play but be caught in line for hours at a time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: