http://gamingtrend.com
August 23, 2014, 08:18:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blizzard Chat Transcript  (Read 1853 times)
Sepiche
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 14, 2004, 05:19:06 PM »

http://www.worldofwar.net/articles/fansitechat-14-12-04

Transcript from a chat the other night.  Some interesting stuff.

Are you considering alterations or changes to the Auction Houses?
Dev Team :  We will continue to improve the AH interface We also plan on putting AH in all cities and linking them

Will High Level players be punished in some way under the new PvP system when they kill low-level players?
Dev Team :  We aren't planning on punishing players for killing low level players; instead we would like to offer compelling incentives to players who kill appropriate level opponents. In addition, the Battlefields will be restricted. to players of specific level ranges and we expect that the most compelling PvP content will be in Battlefields

Will new zones be introduced soon to the game and will there be instanced dungeons with those zones?
Dev Team :  We are planning on introducing Maraudon, a level 40-49 instance dungeon in Desolace i nthe next content patch. Our dungeon team is also working on another high-level dungeon that will be implemented in one of the upcoming patches. We are also working on additional raid content

Do you plan on taking more advantage of the in-game mail system?
Dev Team :  We are planning on using the mail system for quests in the future. In addition we plan on adding new mail features, such as sending multiple items in one mail.

What's the goal for patching in the different territories in terms of timing.
Dev Team : Our goal with each patch is to translate and test it dso there is very little delay in distributing it to all territories.

Will you be adding more raid quests?
Dev Team : The next few patches will contain additional raid quests, including quests focusing on the Molten Core and more raid bosses. We don;t wnat to ruin any surprised by tellign you their names

Do you have plans for one-shot events in the game, such as for Halloween, the holidays etc?
Dev Team : We do have plans for world envents, such as special items and quests for the holidays, but again we don't want to ruin any surprises.

Any plans for adding more map functionality over time?
Dev Team : Yes we do have plans to improve the map functionality

What side and classes do Blizzard people play?
Dev Team : We have a big team, and almost every class and race are represented. The community team plays the following Gnome/Warrior, Tauren/Druid, and Nightelf/Rouge
I meant Rogue, we have no Avon ladies here.

What are the plans for Silithus?
Dev Team : We are going to continue to patch in Sillithus content over time, and one day the gates of Ahn'Qiraj will open revealing an instanced raid zone

What are your thoughts on PvP balance and how the classes should stack up versus each other?
Dev Team : Although we will be making balance improvements, in general we are pretty happy with our PvP class balance. However we don't feel drastic changes are needed at this time.

Will you add new quests to existing zones or only to new zones?
Dev Team : We will be adding quests to existing zones as well as quests for all ofteh new zones. In addition, more class specific quests and more quest to Kalimdor

Do you plan on making any changes on how Daze works?
Dev Team : Daze chance has been reduced in degrees depending on the level of the monster versus the level of the player. Thus, a monster will have a better chance to Daze a payer equal in level than it would dazing a player five levels higher

What are your plans for Battlegrounds?
Dev Team : Battlegrounds are currently being tested and refined internally. the Battlegrounds offer a variety of new game mechanics, such as the ability to capture graveyards and guard towers

How long will it take to reach the highest rank in the PvP system?
Dev Team : Players will need to actively participate in the honorable PvP in order to gain and Maintain honor rankings. We expect the climbing to the top of the ranks will take at least a few months, at which point those players will need to continue performing at high level in order to stay on top.

s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
Butterknife
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2004, 06:33:27 PM »

I'm going to comment in this thread instead of Leo's because it is more nicely formatted.  Sorry Leo slywink

Anyway, linking all of the auction houses together could be cool, but at the same time it may make it more difficult as a place to make money.  Now you will be competing with more people.  I assume they would only link the auction houses for each particular side, so horde houses would not be linked to alliance.  Having more auction houses around would be a big bonus in my mind.

Sending multiple items in one mail = good idea.

New content = good, but probably more important to the high-level players.  Personally I'd like to see more recipes, items, and so forth more than new areas.  There's no way I've explored even a fraction of the game world at my current rate of play.

Map functionality - a notation system (like Cosmos has) would be a very useful improvement, hopefully that is the change they are including.  Instance maps would be a good idea in my opinion, too -- I know they want you to explore them, but I disagree that this is "fun".  Give me a map so I don't get lost.

All the PvP stuff I could care less about.
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2004, 06:38:53 PM »

I agree with a lot of what you said Butterknife.

I would much rather have more items and recipes than new areas right now...I haven't explored a small fraction of what's out there yet and couldn't see all of it for months more.

I don't really care about more higher level quests but would love more class specific and low-mid level quests.  

Don't care at all about PvP but I'm slightly interested in the battlefields.

I think linking the Auction Houses together may actually work in our favor.  Sure you're competing with a lot more people selling the same item but you're also exposing the item to a whole lot more people at the same time.

Meh...I haven't even used most of what was covered in the chat.  I'll be happy as long as they continue to fix the bugs and add new stuff.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2004, 07:45:19 PM »

*sniff* I deleted my unwanted post.
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2004, 07:55:32 PM »

The battlegrounds sound like they are going to be a blast. Can't wait to see how they turn out. I also like the idea of the level restrictions. Knowing everyone is on a pretty much even playing field makes it so much for fun (imho).

I am up in the air about the combined auction house right now. I see the benifits and drawbacks, just not sure how it will play out in game.

Right now I am still making a killing selling potions (broke 42 gold this morning). This is mainly due to supply not meeting demand at the moment. I am not sure if combined AHs will cause one or the other to change a lot. I would like to hit 100 gold before I hit 40th, hehe. Then I probably won't care as much smile
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2004, 08:03:49 PM »

Quote from: "Toe"
The battlegrounds sound like they are going to be a blast. Can't wait to see how they turn out. I also like the idea of the level restrictions. Knowing everyone is on a pretty much even playing field makes it so much for fun (imho).

I am up in the air about the combined auction house right now. I see the benifits and drawbacks, just not sure how it will play out in game.

Right now I am still making a killing selling potions (broke 42 gold this morning). This is mainly due to supply not meeting demand at the moment. I am not sure if combined AHs will cause one or the other to change a lot. I would like to hit 100 gold before I hit 40th, hehe. Then I probably won't care as much smile

I need to change to Alchemy then.  I'm doing skinning/leatherworking and dont' make much money.  I haven't even been the the auction house yet though.  Do people sale light leather at the AH?  

Also, can someone direct me to a description of Battlegrounds?

This signature is intentional, ie not a mistake.  If you thing Rick Perry should be forced to resign for this crap, you're part of the problem with our country.  Give me a freaking break.
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2004, 08:06:51 PM »

Quote from: "Eco-Logic"

I need to change to Alchemy then.  I'm doing skinning/leatherworking and dont' make much money.  I haven't even been the the auction house yet though.  Do people sale light leather at the AH?  

Yeah.  You can usually find about anything at the AH.  I switched one of my guys to tailoring, just ran to the AH, bought out the auctions for 40 linen and got my skill a little jump start. smile

If you are just looking to make money with trade skills and aren't worried about using the results you might try just getting 2 gathering skills (probably skinning and one other).  You can then auction or just sell the components you get for quite a bit of money.

s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2004, 08:14:19 PM »

Quote from: "Sepiche"
Quote from: "Eco-Logic"

Yeah.  You can usually find about anything at the AH.  I switched one of my guys to tailoring, just ran to the AH, bought out the auctions for 40 linen and got my skill a little jump start. smile

If you are just looking to make money with trade skills and aren't worried about using the results you might try just getting 2 gathering skills (probably skinning and one other).  You can then auction or just sell the components you get for quite a bit of money.

s

Since Almost Heroes are so good to me (thanks!), I have no reason to make armour to wear etc.  I may just give up leatherworking and pick up mining.  You think I could at least get enough money skinning/mining to buy the tabbard? slywink

This signature is intentional, ie not a mistake.  If you thing Rick Perry should be forced to resign for this crap, you're part of the problem with our country.  Give me a freaking break.
Butterknife
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2004, 08:39:24 PM »

I would think that collection-only skills, in particular mining and herbalism, would probably net a decent income in the long run.

You'd have to be willing to set aside a fair amount of space in your pack, but I think that the rarer herbs and minerals will always fetch a decent price.  Every time I'm at the auction house I browse through the herbs looking for a deal, and I always put a bid down on some reagents if I have the cash.  The reason I would think that you could make some decent money on this is that I am almost always outbid, only rarely do I ever win one of these auctions.

I'd pick mining and herbalism, as opposed to skinning, merely because you have to go to a particular spot for each of these, and since travelling is a pain, most people will shell out the cash in order to not have to do it.
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2004, 08:44:31 PM »

Quote from: "Butterknife"
I'd pick mining and herbalism, as opposed to skinning, merely because you have to go to a particular spot for each of these, and since travelling is a pain, most people will shell out the cash in order to not have to do it.

That's a good point.  My thought for skinning was that you are going to be killing monumental amounts of beasts anyway, so why not get a few extra silver from those corpses while you're there. slywink

Your right though, there would probably be a little more of a AH market for the minerals and herbs.

s

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2004, 08:45:15 PM »

I would think that collection-only skills, in particular mining and herbalism, would probably net a decent income in the long run.

You'd have to be willing to set aside a fair amount of space in your pack, but I think that the rarer herbs and minerals will always fetch a decent price.  Every time I'm at the auction house I browse through the herbs looking for a deal, and I always put a bid down on some reagents if I have the cash.  The reason I would think that you could make some decent money on this is that I am almost always outbid, only rarely do I ever win one of these auctions.

But skinning is so easy because I can skin a majority of the things I and others kill.  I'm keeping skinning becaues my level is already high, but I will drop Leatherworking and pick up either Herbalism or mining.  Between those two which one do you think would make the most money?

Butterknife
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2004, 08:57:29 PM »

I would think that herbalism would make more money than mining, but I have very little experience with mining.  However, there seem to be tons of herbs, and very few types of ore.  A lot of the "money" in mining seems to come from the gems.
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2004, 09:20:05 PM »

I would think that herbalism would make more money than mining, but I have very little experience with mining.  However, there seem to be tons of herbs, and very few types of ore.  A lot of the "money" in mining seems to come from the gems.

That's true.  I've seen shadow gems and such like that going for ridiculous amounts.

s

olaf

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2004, 11:01:10 PM »

Linked AHs, and one in every capital, would be awesome.  This is something people were clamoring for in the beta.

olaf
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2004, 11:51:19 PM »

Quote from: "olaf"
Linked AHs, and one in every capital, would be awesome.  This is something people were clamoring for in the beta.

olaf

Yeah I wonder why this wasn't put in at first.  I hate having to fly to Ogrimmar to use the AH.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: