http://gamingtrend.com
April 19, 2014, 03:42:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Big Mythos update  (Read 3171 times)
Daehawk
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 30, 2008, 03:52:38 AM »

For those in the beta and taking a break, they have just added a big patch to it. PVP is back in and crafting is going on. They also added a new area or so and a new playable race..Cyclops. Got my email the other day and just restarted today. I had stepped away from it cause Id gotten bored. but the new stuff gives it new interest so Im back in.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 05:34:58 AM »

You need to quit making new threads and contribute to those that already exist

Sandwiches do fix everything.
unbreakable
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 04:38:10 PM »

I was not aware there was a big update.  Prior to seeing this thread, I mean  Tongue
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 08:19:55 PM »

Quote from: unbreakable on April 01, 2008, 04:38:10 PM

I was not aware there was a big update.  Prior to seeing this thread, I mean  Tongue

And the thread is validated smile

Anyways come on and give it a try. Im not sure whats going on with invites right now. supposed to be a wipe or something in the near future too.

Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 02:53:41 PM »

I would play... but when I load it up it shows the splash screen, then stops working.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 02:57:15 PM »

I've been playing, but I think this game really shines when you play with other.   I have a Bloodletter and a Gadgeteer.  If anyone wants to hook up just semd me a pm

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2008, 03:26:08 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on April 04, 2008, 02:57:15 PM

I've been playing, but I think this game really shines when you play with other.   I have a Bloodletter and a Gadgeteer.  If anyone wants to hook up just semd me a pm

Agree completely!  Group play is a blast.

No more invites because open beta is right around the corner.

The other thread is a Year old with one recent post.  At what point can you make a new thread about a game?  15 months?  24 ?  36?
Plus the title of this one says "Hey man I'm all updated, you might want to recheck me out"
The old one just says "Mythos".

I would click on either because i'm currently playing the game,  others might not. 

morlac00 on PSN
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2008, 01:13:59 AM »

After updating my video drivers I am able to get into Mythos and play!

Spent a couple hours this afternoon playing my Cyclops gadeteer, got to level 10-11.  Quite fun.  Wouldn't mind getting together with some people and doing a bit of grouping.

Definitely changed a lot since I played before.  Still not to sure about the crafting aspect, but that may just be a function of my level.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2008, 11:14:12 PM »

Been playing a lot of this since the big update.  The last time I played there was still only one area and fairly limited content.  Now there are 3 main areas and lots of nice small touches like Horadric-ish Cube, in-game mail, crafting, etc.  It still needs work on balancing everything, and the gameplay can get a bit repetitive, but for short, online loot-and-level jaunts, its great.  The character building aspect has improved dramatically.  Definitely has a ton of potential, and given that it's free you really don't have much to lose.  Very curious to see how the game changes at full release with Asian-MMO real cash purchasing entering the mix.

Presently I'm trying to save up enough gold to start a Wanderers guild.  Just curious what the mechanics are like; I'm assuming it will simply mimic HGL.  If anyone is playing and wants to group up, I'm usually on as Rittblade.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2008, 11:15:44 PM »

I am getting back into this but having a tough time deciding on a build.

Was thinking of going Blood Letter and going heavy down the pet line but the damage output is really tough to get through the early levels on elite.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2008, 11:26:12 PM »

I havea lvl 14 bloodletter that uses BB to mass kill everything.

A lvl 9 pyro that uises meteor

snd a lvl 12 gadgeteer that uses tesla bots.

All 3 can kill a room at a time. I just run around picking up loot.

Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2008, 01:34:46 AM »

I like my shotgun of doom, but I really wish I could run around with dual pistols.  Unfortunately all of the fun skills are rifle only.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2008, 01:49:00 AM »

you guys on normal or elite?
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2008, 02:58:30 AM »

Normal.  Haven't played much so wasn't about to jump into elite.  Of course I really don't know what elite means in this game either, so.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2008, 04:12:29 AM »

Same..normal..dont know what elite is or how to do that.

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2008, 11:32:44 AM »

Elite is an option you can choose when you create the char.  Your loot sells for much less, the mobs are harder (more hp, more armor, hit harder), and they respawn faster.  But you get more bosses and better drops.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2008, 06:49:44 PM »

I'm only playing Normal right now as well.  Game is difficult enough as is (well actually it's a missed bag, most parts are very easy, but a couple of things I ran into kicked my butt) for now and the levelling pace is still a bit slow for my taste, even in Normal.  Just hit level 20 last night.  I'm pretty happy with my character so far (bloodlings and a few assorted other skills) but I'm still debating if I should respec or keep going as is. 
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2008, 01:44:45 AM »

I was finally able to get 5 gold scrounged and formed a Wanderers guild.  As expected, guild interface is identical to HGL.  Nothing exciting worth mentioning, it's very barebones.  Basically just a chat channel for now, I guess.  The only good part about it is they allow you to toss invites to offline players.  So all I need is a character name and I can invite.  Hopefully they won't wipe until after open beta so it will persist and I won't have to save up again.

If anyone is playing and wants an invite, just post your character name(s) in this thread.  I don't think it matters if its Normal or Elite, etc.  so feel free to post em all.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2008, 01:48:47 AM »

Longduckdong
Itsdeadjim
Winterstorm
Grillmaster

thnx

Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2008, 10:54:33 AM »

Is there any way to actually get into the beta at this point? The people I know that are in said their invites up and disappeared and rumor is that it's because they're going open beta soon?

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2008, 05:58:45 PM »

Quote from: Thin_J on April 14, 2008, 10:54:33 AM

Is there any way to actually get into the beta at this point? The people I know that are in said their invites up and disappeared and rumor is that it's because they're going open beta soon?

That's correct, the old invite system is gone in favor of upcoming Open Beta.

There's a spot on the main website: www.mythos.com  for Beta signup, which I don't think gives immediate access, but they may still be letting people in.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2008, 11:56:09 PM »

Well, I am doing better now, finally got some levels under my belt as a cinderblade on elite mode.  Elite isn't bad once you start getting decent gear, but starting out can be really tough.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2008, 05:45:18 PM »

Got a wee notice today:
Brave Player!
Our scribes tell us you possess a registered Mythos account [their scribes didn't notice I only played once or twice before uninstalling it icon_razz]. Wonderful! We do hope you are enjoying this early Beta Test of our free-to-play MMORPG. We'd like to reassure you that the closed Mythos Beta, which you are a most valued player of, continues apace.

In fact, things are going so well we'll soon release Mythos to a much larger audience -- we'll open our doors and our test. However, before we can truly call our Beta open for business, a few things absolutely must happen. The top of all our lists say the same thing: "Who gets to play?"

Please understand that the Mythos Closed Beta Test was designed for English speaking audiences (North Americans, really). When we do open our Beta, we simply cannot have certain countries playing a semi-functional Mythos designed for territories that are not their own. These people won't be getting the ideal localized experience we intend. Furthermore, we do still need to establish distribution deals with third-parties in foreign lands to ensure Mythos gets published and supported in the absolute best way possible.

Because of this, this week the Mythos Beta Test will no longer be made available to the following countries:

Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, India, Japan, Cambodia, North Korea, South Korea, Laos, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Mongolia, Macao, Malaysia, Nepal, Philippines, Pakistan, Singapore, Thailand, Taiwan, Vietnam, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Estonia, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Lithuania, Latvia, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan

We sincerely apologize to you if you currently reside in one of the above listed countries and can no longer play Mythos. Please understand that this is very much a test and has always been a test.
They should use the "this is very much a test and has always been a test" line as an excuse for Hellgate: London.  Tongue

I interrupt my griefing to say I'm glad they seem to be taking their time more with Mythos, and I don't think it'll suffer the same rushed-to-market fate as HGL.  icon_neutral
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 05:58:57 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Meltdown (Steam early access)
-Running With Soldiers (Steam early access)
-Breach & Clear
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2008, 06:08:15 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on April 24, 2008, 05:45:18 PM

I interrupt my griefing to say I'm glad they seem to be taking their time more with Mythos, and I don't think it'll suffer the same rushed-to-market fate as HGL.  icon_neutral

I'm sure they learned some valuable lessons with HGL.  But more importantly, Mythos is free to play anyway so I doubt there's any significant pressure from EA or whoever to put a solid release date on it.
Mikagami
Gaming Trend Reader

Click Clack Click Clack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2008, 10:12:49 PM »

Hey, has anybody had this problem come up for them?
The lighting around my character sometimes flat out dissapears, leaving me alone in the dark with a crapload of barely noticeable enemy shadows beating the crap out of me.
It's not like it does it randomly, it seems to be in specific areas.
I am able to back up past the point where the light went poof, and draw the enemies out to kill there, but it's annoying as all hell.
Think this is an issue with my setup perhaps?

Also, is that cursor and typing lag the same for everybody?
It's not extreme or anything, but it gets on my nerves sometimes.

Cyclops race! Soo cool!

Gonna eat your face
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2008, 10:40:11 PM »

Never had that one. Sometimes i get a solid black inventory with just my items showing up.

Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2008, 11:47:44 PM »

Haven't had any problems like that.  Wouldn't notice any chat lag as I don't participate in the chat. smile

Pikachu, I Blame you!
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2008, 03:30:36 AM »

Major major changes coming for Mythos, all sounds very good!  Wonder if HGL could pull the same thing off  icon_twisted

http://www.mythos.com/underground/so-heres-what-were-doing
Jafisob
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2008, 04:25:25 AM »

Quote from: rittchard on May 01, 2008, 03:30:36 AM

....Wonder if HGL could pull the same thing off  icon_twisted

No.  The HGL devs do not impress me.  They created the potential for a wonderful game but competely screwed the pooch in so many ways.   They seem infected with a BM like 'vision' which denies common sense.

I had a mythos invite that I never activated and that expired.  I am waiting for open beta.  When, when, when.......?  :-)
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2008, 10:09:12 AM »

Quote from: rittchard on May 01, 2008, 03:30:36 AM

Major major changes coming for Mythos, all sounds very good!  Wonder if HGL could pull the same thing off  icon_twisted

http://www.mythos.com/underground/so-heres-what-were-doing

wow, this is EXACTLY what the game needs. This is a great change all around. Be a good time to try out pvp with zone 2 and 3 closed off.
Mikagami
Gaming Trend Reader

Click Clack Click Clack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2008, 09:42:27 PM »

Cool, I submitted a problem report about that lighting issue, and after playing for a while yesterday, I noticed it's not happening anymore.

I'm having a fun time with this game.
Are yellow items the same as in Diablo or am I wrong?
I am guessing the item quality colors are like WoW where it goes purple>blue>green, but where does yellow fit in?
Got me a one handed pick axe and it has some silly high stats for it's level.
Found a rifle as well, but I have no use for it.

Gonna eat your face
Aliasbuck
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2008, 11:12:45 PM »

I think it's something like white < green < blue < purple < yellow < orange.  Not sure if there's stuff higher than orange.
Mikagami
Gaming Trend Reader

Click Clack Click Clack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2008, 12:11:43 AM »

Cool.

See that's the one thing I am loving more about this game than WoW.
I don't need to be lv 70 and raiding for 5 hours to get a purple grade item...
Lower level items can have a superior version as well.

By the way, I have NO idea if my class build is going even remotely close to the right direction...
Are there any web sites with like suggested/effective class builds?

I'm having fun tossing my vials of bleeding, but that aura of bleeding feels kind of useless even when maxed.

Gonna eat your face
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: