http://gamingtrend.com
April 24, 2014, 08:45:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BF 2 question  (Read 1904 times)
Macman777
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: February 14, 2006, 09:35:18 PM »

Ok, I am pretty new to the forums so hello to all. My question is, when you log into BF 2 and pick which profile you want to play and then click ok. Sometimes it takes you to the screen where you choose to play multiplayer, options, single player etc...But sometimes it tries to take you right into a game. Well my PC does not like this and most of the time it locks up. Guess it has something to do with my anti virus program. Is there anyway to make sure the game does not do this and just takes you to the screen to choose your options? Thanks for any help.

Now Playing:

Xbox 360
The Elder Scrolls IV
GRAW
The Outfit
BF2: MC

Playstation 2
Kingdom Hearts 2

PC
DDO
BF 2
RO - Ostfront 41 - 45
Turtle
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006, 09:52:47 PM »

Don't click the "Play Now" button, that'll load your profile and use the quick match feature to find a game and connect you to it.

Just load your profile, then search for a game normally.
Macman777
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006, 09:54:51 PM »

Ok, total noob question. Do I just double click on my profile then?

Now Playing:

Xbox 360
The Elder Scrolls IV
GRAW
The Outfit

Playstation 2
Kingdom Hearts 2

PC
DDO
BF 2
RO - Ostfront 41 - 45
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2006, 09:55:32 PM »

Quote from: "Macman777"
Ok, I am pretty new to the forums so hello to all. My question is, when you log into BF 2 and pick which profile you want to play and then click ok. Sometimes it takes you to the screen where you choose to play multiplayer, options, single player etc...But sometimes it tries to take you right into a game. Well my PC does not like this and most of the time it locks up. Guess it has something to do with my anti virus program. Is there anyway to make sure the game does not do this and just takes you to the screen to choose your options? Thanks for any help.

As much as it pains me to say it...turn off the anti virus during BF2 play.  It doesn't download any data, so there is no need for the wasted CPU cycles.  Other than that...turtle is right, don't click Play now.

The only other thing I can think of would be if you are using Zone Alarm, and it hasn't had BF2 authorized to play.  Alt-A should get you around that.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Macman777
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2006, 09:59:13 PM »

Quote from: "Dreamshadow"

As much as it pains me to say it...turn off the anti virus during BF2 play.  It doesn't download any data, so there is no need for the wasted CPU cycles.  Other than that...turtle is right, don't click Play now.

The only other thing I can think of would be if you are using Zone Alarm, and it hasn't had BF2 authorized to play.  Alt-A should get you around that.

Funny thing is, I get a pop up saying that my anti virus has located a worm (which is the BF 2 client) and I click on permit and thats when I lock up. And even though I have permitted the game to play, it happens when ever I click on play now.

Now Playing:

Xbox 360
The Elder Scrolls IV
GRAW
The Outfit

Playstation 2
Kingdom Hearts 2

PC
DDO
BF 2
RO - Ostfront 41 - 45
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2006, 10:07:11 PM »

Funny thing is, I get a pop up saying that my anti virus has located a worm (which is the BF 2 client) and I click on permit and thats when I lock up. And even though I have permitted the game to play, it happens when ever I click on play now.

Which AV app are you running?  Thats not normal.  Are you running a NO-CD patch?

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Macman777
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2006, 10:09:44 PM »

Which AV app are you running?  Thats not normal.  Are you running a NO-CD patch?

I'm using Norton's anti virus. And no I am not using a no-cd patch.

Now Playing:

Xbox 360
The Elder Scrolls IV
GRAW
The Outfit

Playstation 2
Kingdom Hearts 2

PC
DDO
BF 2
RO - Ostfront 41 - 45
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2006, 10:17:29 PM »

Welcome to the forums Mac.

All the advice in the world won't help.  I think I know what your problem is...

LD

"A young woman led them across the galaxy, and it is she who will lead them again.  Her name is Karan S'jet."
Macman777
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2006, 10:17:38 PM »

Quote from: "Turtle"
Don't click the "Play Now" button, that'll load your profile and use the quick match feature to find a game and connect you to it.

Just load your profile, then search for a game normally.

Thanks for letting me know that you don't have to click play now. Doh!

Now Playing:

Xbox 360
The Elder Scrolls IV
GRAW
The Outfit

Playstation 2
Kingdom Hearts 2

PC
DDO
BF 2
RO - Ostfront 41 - 45
Macman777
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2006, 10:18:23 PM »

Quote from: "Lockdown"
Welcome to the forums Mac.

All the advice in the world won't help.  I think I know what your problem is...

Thanks for the welcome...and i knew it. Those pesky gremlins always getting into things.

Now Playing:

Xbox 360
The Elder Scrolls IV
GRAW
The Outfit

Playstation 2
Kingdom Hearts 2

PC
DDO
BF 2
RO - Ostfront 41 - 45
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2006, 10:21:45 PM »

That is unusual.  I'll go with disabling AV before running the game and see how things go.  Either Norton or Bf2 might be corrupt.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Macman777
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2006, 10:23:33 PM »

That is unusual.  I'll go with disabling AV before running the game and see how things go.  Either Norton or Bf2 might be corrupt.

Do you think it might be a firewall issue?

Now Playing:

Xbox 360
The Elder Scrolls IV
GRAW
The Outfit

Playstation 2
Kingdom Hearts 2

PC
DDO
BF 2
RO - Ostfront 41 - 45
Macman777
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2006, 10:40:50 PM »

Thanks for everyone's help. When I get off of work I'm going to head home and figure things out. Thanks again.  biggrin

Now Playing:

Xbox 360
The Elder Scrolls IV
GRAW
The Outfit

Playstation 2
Kingdom Hearts 2

PC
DDO
BF 2
RO - Ostfront 41 - 45
Macman777
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2006, 05:58:10 PM »

Well I finally got it to work. Just double clicking my profile got me right to where I needed to go and turning off my firewall got rid of all the other problems I was having. Thanks all.  biggrin

Now Playing:

Xbox 360
The Elder Scrolls IV
GRAW
The Outfit

Playstation 2
Kingdom Hearts 2

PC
DDO
BF 2
RO - Ostfront 41 - 45