http://gamingtrend.com
November 26, 2014, 05:31:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Battlefield 2?  (Read 1596 times)
Doomboy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: August 22, 2005, 09:37:56 PM »

What happened to Hark's server?  Everytime I have logged in, no one has been playing, and after about a half hour of random people joining so they can quit, I usually give up too.

I remember the fun times playing in Hark's refuge from the bunnyhopping griefers and various asshats, and I wonder if everyone is just over the game, or playing on random servers for some reason.

Or are we waiting for a magical fixall patch?

When there's no more room in hell, Jack Thompson will walk the earth.
Calvin
Gaming Trend Senior Member

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 03:07:14 AM »

Quote from: "Doomboy"
What happened to Hark's server?  Everytime I have logged in, no one has been playing, and after about a half hour of random people joining so they can quit, I usually give up too.

I remember the fun times playing in Hark's refuge from the bunnyhopping griefers and various asshats, and I wonder if everyone is just over the game, or playing on random servers for some reason.

Or are we waiting for a magical fixall patch?

I play very little BF2 nowadays, but one of the main reasons I stopped was because Harks server was never very crowded anymore and the public servers sucked. I miss Hark's server frown
happydog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 04:38:46 AM »

I haven't played in over 3 weeks now. Don't know if/when I will play again. I just lost interest. The patch may get me back into it, we'll have to wait and see.

LiveTAG: happydog
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2005, 04:56:57 AM »

I play a lot, but have never been on Hark's server because it was busy when I was going to get on it weeks ago.  I jump from EA server to EA server mostly.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Doomboy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2005, 07:03:30 AM »

Well, I played on a bunch of public servers tonight with a couple friends, and they sure do suckulate.   If you don't have bunnyhoppers left and right, you have guys who mysteriously know you are there and shoot you through the wall (I suppose they COULD have a UAV there so I am visible...).  

No one ever wants to play on the non US side, so there is always a horrible team balance, or I am split off of my squad by autobalance.

Oh, and tonight I also had the joy of being on a team with about 8 snipers.  I wonder why we lost by 153 points?  Could it be because half our side thought it was a good idea to sneak around on rooftops taking potshots at the enemy? I shit you not, I went up on a roof near the only spawn point left, and the place was crawling with snipers on their bellies, wiggling around trying to get to the edge without being seen.

And then there was the guy who thought it was funny to get into a machine gun position and shoot everyone on his own team.  It was a very nicely positioned MG nest too.  He could get practially anyone coming towards him.  It was a fine moment.  We couldn't get enough votes together to kick him, because the other side didn't care.  

Probably the only time I have ever seen someone not voted off of a public server.  I have been kicked off for killing an enemy who was taking a flag.  Apparently, he didn't want me to shoot at him.  He probably thought it was rude of me to interupt his game.

All this makes me want to hug Hark's server and magically make it populated all the time.  Because playing on the public servers kinda sucks a lot.

mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2005, 12:14:21 PM »

I play some everyday but unless they come out with a patch or something I may abandon the game.  Just too much damn lag and stutter.  Never played a game with so much stuttering going on.  Oh, and as for Hark's server, the couple of times I went in there was not a single name on there I recognized from CG and the lag was bad there too, so I bailed.  

Besides how poorly it runs I absolutely love it.  Oh, and I can play Half Life 2, Far Cry, Doom 3, etc just fine.  So, it must just be that this gameis poorly coded or something.  Hoping for the patch.

you gotta admit when you get on a good squad where everyone works like a team and all the cylinders are clicking, it is a blast.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Doomboy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2005, 08:34:26 PM »

Yep, when you are on a good team, and people are playing the game, it is a blast to play.  But that has only really happened to me on Hark's server.  Every other server out there seems to be full of the type of players I encountered last night.

One of the guys I played with last night was his first time playing BF2.  He thinks I am nuts or something now, because he bought the game based on my reccomendation.  He encountered all that annoying crap for his first game.  And he had some bad lag problems also.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2005, 03:59:01 PM »

server is still there, sadly until EA's patch we're stuck with a 10 player minimum to get the rounds started.  Once it dips below 10 players the server tends to empty and nobody has the patience to wait for 9 other people again.

The next patch is supposed to remove that minimum, but sadly if it take much longer I'll have to shut the server down due to $.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: