http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 05:58:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Back in the Game.  (Read 34550 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: February 14, 2008, 11:11:38 AM »

Only played 1 match yesterday and that was the whole extent of my 360 time yesterday.  So no stats.

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 14, 2008, 08:03:00 PM »

Updated Stats!

Current Rank: 49 on 5th prestige (i think)

Play time: 7d 15h 10m
Pts: 247,047
PPM: 156.36 (up 43 ppm)
XP: 95,226

Win/Loss 813-767 for a 1.06 ratio
Accuracy: 19.2%

Kills:  24859
Deaths: 15276
Difference: 9583
K/D: 1.63 (up 2%)
Streak: 22
Most Kills In a TDM: 44

Kills per match: 15.73  (Up 2.1 per match)
Deaths per match: 9.67 (Up .167 per match)

Oh and I changed the thread title cause I assume my K/D is higher now that you're playing other stuff. Lemme know if I'm wrong...Tongue
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 08:05:31 PM by ATB » Logged
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 14, 2008, 08:05:05 PM »

Upon changing the title I noticed that the date of the original post was Nov 18. WOW. That was a long time ago.

What a great game this is. biggrin
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 19, 2008, 03:13:19 PM »

Man I haven't played COD in awhile now.  Seriously though IW dropped the ball on the DLC, it should have come out already!
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 19, 2008, 04:02:49 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on February 19, 2008, 03:13:19 PM

Man I haven't played COD in awhile now.  Seriously though IW dropped the ball on the DLC, it should have come out already!

As long as it doesn't come out until my 360 is fixed  icon_wink
Mikagami
Gaming Trend Reader

Click Clack Click Clack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #245 on: February 20, 2008, 08:49:53 PM »

Zohmaigoshh new love!

AK47+Silencer+Steady Aim.

Let the headshots roll!!
I need 23 more for red tiger camo and only a level and a half to do it in!!

Gonna eat your face
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 20, 2008, 09:48:06 PM »

Calvin is on an extended hiatus from COD4 after I made the battery pop out of my old controller (i dont play COD4 with my new controller) 3 times from hitting it so hard on the couch. EXTENDED BREAK DO NOT TEMPT ME!
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 20, 2008, 10:36:25 PM »

Make no mistake, Call of Duty 4 players: Infinity Ward is listening.

If you need evidence, you need look no further than the slew of updates and changes that are coming to the game in the coming months, which we talked with IW community relations manager Robert Bowling about today at GDC.

The first in the pipeline is a feature patch that's just been sent to Microsoft for Xbox 360 certification and will soon go to the PS3 for certification.

Arguably the most important new addition is host migration. In short, if a host leaves a game, all players stay together, a suitable replacement is chosen and the game begins anew. Though the game doesn't continue uninterrupted, it should help to keep a host departure from being so jarring.

From a gameplay perspective, the patch will improved sniper rifle accuracy, as well as the accuracy on the ACOG scope.

The sniper fix (as well as the host migration feature, for that matter) was born of direct feedback from the community, according to Bowling.

The same can be said of the other features like an expanded Kill Cam with all weapons, including claymores, airstrikes and grenades, getting the feature.

Also, expect nine new spawn points in every map, a quick mute feature and an improved spectator cam that allows a first-person view as well as being fully rotatable in 3rd person.

Though the changes are numerous, Bowling said he doesn't expect it to be the last such update, especially if fans remain vocal.

"We never assume that we're done, we never pat ourselves on the back, wipe our hands and assume that we're finished."
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 20, 2008, 11:12:39 PM »

Arguably the most important new addition is host migration. In short, if a host leaves a game, all players stay together, a suitable replacement is chosen and the game begins anew. Though the game doesn't continue uninterrupted, it should help to keep a host departure from being so jarring.

Not to me. But welcomed for sure.

From a gameplay perspective, the patch will improved sniper rifle accuracy, as well as the accuracy on the ACOG scope.

I guess it wasn't my fault I couldn't hit anything with a sniper rifle. slywink  I hope they don't overdo it as snipers are already a potent force.

The same can be said of the other features like an expanded Kill Cam with all weapons, including claymores, airstrikes and grenades, getting the feature.

I can't wait to see this in practice- especially for claymores!  thumbsup

Also, expect nine new spawn points in every map, a quick mute feature and an improved spectator cam that allows a first-person view as well as being fully rotatable in 3rd person.

THIS is probably the most important upgrade. Bravo IW.

Now where the new maps, son!?
Mikagami
Gaming Trend Reader

Click Clack Click Clack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: February 21, 2008, 03:54:22 AM »

Heh  I still treat Wetworks and that other one as my new maps.
They come up in rotation so rarely, that they are like a treat so that will hold me over until the new content.

What I want is those rumors to be cleared.
The two "grayed out" perks on the list are apparently unlockable upon maxing the last prestige level, and clearing every challenge.

It might be a load of crock, but apparently thats what multiple people tell me that got in on some games on the "play with the developers" day.

Apparently quoted was"
"What is the point in prestige mode? Its pointless to keep starting over again"
To which the developers answered
"Get to rank 10. You wont be disappointed."

Mehh, the game is still fun regardless if there's candy waiting at the end of the magical rainbow or not.

Gonna eat your face
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 10, 2008, 03:28:34 AM »

Strong tonight and finally hit 1.65.

Aaannnd I will humbly state that I kept Mikagami firmly in 2nd place on the leader boards most of the evening as I could not, would not, should not be stopped.

The King is dead! Long live the king! slywink
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #251 on: March 10, 2008, 03:42:17 PM »

I played for the first time ever yesterday (MP, I've played some of the SP CoD4).

My stats are impressive... I actually got to call an airstrike. Tongue
I can't wait till I can afford something like a scope. Ah, to dream.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Mikagami
Gaming Trend Reader

Click Clack Click Clack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #252 on: March 12, 2008, 09:44:34 PM »

Hey, to go positive on the first night shows that you are not in the meatshield category!

I was having some fun playing around with SMG+AGOC.
Skorpion and Mini Uzi were hilarious with it.

Never thought much of the AGOC scope before, but it does make some guns alot deadlier when attached.

On a side note, that RPD+AGOC adventure of mine has reduced my accuracy by 2%  icon_cry

Gonna eat your face
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 13, 2008, 01:47:19 PM »

Pt1: M-16 Backlash

So I had an up and down night last night- mostly up. After one particularly good match (33-7 or something on strike) a guy said something that totally riled me up.  He was a few prestige ranks above me- the really nice one with like the ruby crystal thing and he says, he says: "SensuousLettuce you're a total nerd for using the M-16 at your level."  I reply, "I'm sorry, What?" 

"Why do you use the M-16?"
"It's the best gun in the game"
"You should not use the M-16 when you're that rank because it takes no talent to use it."
"Uh.  Well why don't you show me how to use it if it takes no talent to use it." (in retrospect I meant to say "Well, everyone would use it if took no talent" but it was late and I was tired)
"I'm not saying it's a bad gun."
"It's the best gun in the game! Why use anything else?"
"Because it takes no skill to use it."
"So why don't you use it to show me how easy it is to use?"
"Duhhh duhhh duhhhh." (not his actual words)
"That'd be like telling the US military not to use the M1 Abrams cause it's the best tank in the world."
"Glarg a darg ding dang. I need my mommy to hug me."  <disconnects to go reconsider his life>

*<please note: text in italics did not actually happen as I was too tired to form the sentence before the next match began but I was thinking it. He disconnected shortly there after though>

So anyway, I have been noticing a backlash against the M-16 lately as the topic has come up on multiple occasions in the last few nights by higher ranked players.  What's your take fellow COD4ers?

In any case, I was insulted at the notion. Does this fool not realize I used the M-60 almost exclusively for 1.5 prestige runs!?  And the AK for my first 2.5 prestige runs!?  INSOLENT SON OF A COWARDLY VERMIN!

Part2: Wherein ATB considers Retirement

I think I'm going to hang up COD4 for a while once I hit 30k kills (I'm at 28k and some change) as it has become my negative go to game- in that I am playing nothing else when I would like to be because COD4 is too strong of a pull- and I'm good at it.  So I think at 30k I'm gonna give it to my wife for a month or so...or perhaps until the new maps comes out. Whichever timeframe is longest.

That is all.

Please let me know your thoughts on the M16 issue.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 13, 2008, 02:14:45 PM »

First off, I told you to turn off voice coms! slywink

Secondly, about the M-16; I personally think it is one of the more difficult weapons to use, because if you don't aim just right your burst hits them in a non-lethal spot and they just turn and kill you.  I used the M-16 exclusively until I got the G63C (may have mixed the name there) and I like having the auto matic more for my spray and pray sessions.
Hiccup
Gaming Trend Reader

I have personal text.

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: March 13, 2008, 02:22:23 PM »

It's all just personal preference. I'm with Leo and use the G36 over all others, unless I get cocky and whip out the Gold AK with a silencer.  Hell, if everyone started out with the AK-47, the comments would probably be reversed.  I have no issues with the M-16*

*as long as there is not a grenade launcher attached.

I feel the same way that guy does about the P90.  God how I hate the P90, here's why.  On Overgrown, the long trench that runs the full length of the map is my favorite sniping spot.  There is a spot near where "A" would be where you can hide behind the fence and see all the way down to the bridge on the other side of the map.  Now, before the patch when the sniper rifles had issues sniping had (for me at least) a 50/50 shot of acutally hitting the target when the crosshairs where dead on.  I catch 2 guys running over the bridge, drop the first one as he paused to shoot something.  Second guy stops, turns towards me, and I have him dead to rights.  Pull the trigger and I see the dust fly up from the bridge.  Apparently he honed in on me and poped out 3 short bursts with his P90, which lead to the headshot death, and brith of my hatered for the P90.

Back to the M-16 guy.  He probably used a P90.

Just a little hiccup.
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 13, 2008, 06:12:12 PM »

Quote from: ATB on March 13, 2008, 01:47:19 PM

Pt1: M-16 Backlash

So I had an up and down night last night- mostly up. After one particularly good match (33-7 or something on strike) a guy said something that totally riled me up.  He was a few prestige ranks above me- the really nice one with like the ruby crystal thing and he says, he says: "SensuousLettuce you're a total nerd for using the M-16 at your level."  I reply, "I'm sorry, What?" 

"Why do you use the M-16?"
"It's the best gun in the game"
"You should not use the M-16 when you're that rank because it takes no talent to use it."
"Uh.  Well why don't you show me how to use it if it takes no talent to use it." (in retrospect I meant to say "Well, everyone would use it if took no talent" but it was late and I was tired)
"I'm not saying it's a bad gun."
"It's the best gun in the game! Why use anything else?"
"Because it takes no skill to use it."
"So why don't you use it to show me how easy it is to use?"
"Duhhh duhhh duhhhh." (not his actual words)
"That'd be like telling the US military not to use the M1 Abrams cause it's the best tank in the world."
"Glarg a darg ding dang. I need my mommy to hug me."  <disconnects to go reconsider his life>

*<please note: text in italics did not actually happen as I was too tired to form the sentence before the next match began but I was thinking it. He disconnected shortly there after though>

So anyway, I have been noticing a backlash against the M-16 lately as the topic has come up on multiple occasions in the last few nights by higher ranked players.  What's your take fellow COD4ers?

In any case, I was insulted at the notion. Does this fool not realize I used the M-60 almost exclusively for 1.5 prestige runs!?  And the AK for my first 2.5 prestige runs!?  INSOLENT SON OF A COWARDLY VERMIN!

Part2: Wherein ATB considers Retirement

I think I'm going to hang up COD4 for a while once I hit 30k kills (I'm at 28k and some change) as it has become my negative go to game- in that I am playing nothing else when I would like to be because COD4 is too strong of a pull- and I'm good at it.  So I think at 30k I'm gonna give it to my wife for a month or so...or perhaps until the new maps comes out. Whichever timeframe is longest.

That is all.

Please let me know your thoughts on the M16 issue.

Total BS.  Those higher ranked players that you played with that must be seriously butt-hurt over being killed by an M16.  Just like you said if you were exclusively using the RPD, M60, or AK47 that night, they would have bitched and moaned about it also.  If they hate it so much, they can start a private match and hold hands together while shooting each other with pistols.  And if all else fails, hit the mute button and shoot them with the M16 over and over again.  It takes greater skill not to get shot by it.

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 13, 2008, 09:50:14 PM »

Just use whatever you want.  All the guns I use get me bitched at.  I use the m16, RPD and mp5.  I intentionally started using the guns you get early so prestige wouldn't matter to me.  Just ignore the people.

regarding playing cod4 to the exclusion of everything else, that's a good thing really.  It saves you a lot of money smile
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 13, 2008, 09:53:51 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on March 13, 2008, 09:50:14 PM

Just use whatever you want.  All the guns I use get me bitched at.  I use the m16, RPD and mp5.  I intentionally started using the guns you get early so prestige wouldn't matter to me.  Just ignore the people.

regarding playing cod4 to the exclusion of everything else, that's a good thing really.  It saves you a lot of money smile

Really? You really have people bitch at you using the Mp5? Come on now, lets not inflate too much.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 13, 2008, 10:53:59 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on March 13, 2008, 09:53:51 PM

Quote from: Harkonis on March 13, 2008, 09:50:14 PM

Really? You really have people bitch at you using the Mp5? Come on now, lets not inflate too much.

Not inflating anything, when I kill people repeatedly before they get a chance to do something, the first thing they do is say I'm using a cheap gun instead of assuming I'm better than them.
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 14, 2008, 12:40:01 AM »

I blame spawn camping myself.   ninja

<just giving you a hard time Hark>

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 14, 2008, 01:37:04 AM »

Quote from: Jarrodhk on March 14, 2008, 12:40:01 AM

pfft!
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 14, 2008, 05:42:44 AM »

1.66  Tongue

I so want some new maps.

I just can't see myself enjoying R6V enough to warrant a purchase. I think I'll give it a rent.
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 14, 2008, 05:46:18 AM »

Typical stupid/whiny internet guy. When someone else bitches that you're not playing the game the way they would like you to play it just mute them and forget they exist short of the occasional bullets you put into their virtual bodies.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 14, 2008, 06:23:32 AM »

Quote from: ATB on March 14, 2008, 05:42:44 AM

1.66  Tongue

I so want some new maps.

I just can't see myself enjoying R6V enough to warrant a purchase. I think I'll give it a rent.

Yeah I'm dying for some new maps as well.
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 14, 2008, 01:44:01 PM »

Quote from: Jarrodhk on March 14, 2008, 12:40:01 AM

You misspelled t-a-c-t-i-c-s.

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 14, 2008, 01:50:38 PM »

I know it was a joke, but Hark doesn't spawn camp. He's an exploiter, not a spawn camper.

Me? I'm just badass at the game.  icon_surprised
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 14, 2008, 03:19:44 PM »

ATB isn't pride one of the OG deadly sins?!?!!?
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 14, 2008, 03:24:27 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on March 14, 2008, 03:19:44 PM

But so is Envy.  Enjoy eternal damnation.   icon_wink

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 14, 2008, 04:03:57 PM »

The 'deadly sins' dear sir are wholly owned and trademarked by the Catholic Church and are not in fact named as such in the Bible.  There is but one unpardonable sin and the original 7 aren't it.

Quote from: PeteRock on March 14, 2008, 03:24:27 PM

But so is Envy.  Enjoy eternal damnation.   icon_wink

Touche, sir. Touche!
Mikagami
Gaming Trend Reader

Click Clack Click Clack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #270 on: March 17, 2008, 09:14:58 PM »

Priceless.

I had people repeatedly whine about me using sleight of hand with a shotgun.... SLEIGHT OF FUCKING HAND...

Honestly, you can use any gun or perk you want, shoot some face, and get alot of flakk from kids for it.

Or you can use the M16 and still suck..

BRING THE PAAAAIIIIINNNN!!!

No?
Not bringing the pain?
Don't feel any pain bringing....

Gonna eat your face
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 27, 2008, 02:43:42 PM »

Quote from: Mikagami on March 17, 2008, 09:14:58 PM

Priceless.

I had people repeatedly whine about me using sleight of hand with a shotgun.... SLEIGHT OF FUCKING HAND...

Was it a magic shotgun?

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Mikagami
Gaming Trend Reader

Click Clack Click Clack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #272 on: March 31, 2008, 07:55:03 PM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on March 27, 2008, 02:43:42 PM

Quote from: Mikagami on March 17, 2008, 09:14:58 PM

Priceless.

Was it a magic shotgun?

Apparently it was!

I loove my boom-stick.

Oh, and I switched into kaboom shotgun mode with some fragx3-sonic boom-martyrom, which gets ALOT more cry-cry's.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 07:56:44 PM by Mikagami » Logged

Gonna eat your face
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 04, 2008, 05:10:56 PM »

While everyone has once again abandoned COD4 I (in between doses of Mass Effect) have continued to play at least for a little bit nearly every day...and my stats are bearing the fruit.

The talent pool is SO diluted now it's as though I'm the only one on the field of battle using modern weaponry- everyone else is using muskets.

Now that I'm firmly re-entrenched with my M16 (save for a few maps), I've finally broken free of 1.67 and up up up I go.

Stay away fair weather fans...it is my world now.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 04, 2008, 08:04:21 PM »

Boycotting this thread now due to excessive ego trippin'
MrDuck
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #275 on: May 05, 2008, 12:40:20 AM »

Shit..gotta get my CoD 4 MP groove back on, but it's just that GTA IV is soooo engrossing....poop.  crybaby

Xbox360 Live! Gamertag: Wuigi69
Mikagami
Gaming Trend Reader

Click Clack Click Clack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #276 on: May 05, 2008, 08:16:05 PM »

I gotta say, the GTA story is nice and all, but that MP is a headache.
The only playtime I put into MP is the odd race and cops and robbers match to try and get up to a higher rank for the sole purpose of unlocking new character clothing options.

Back into CoD4 soon.

Gonna eat your face
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 13, 2008, 01:50:14 PM »

Updated stats!

Current Rank: 33 on 7th prestige (i think)

Play time: 11d 2h 34m
Pts: 385,704
PPM: 166.82 (up 10.46 ppm)
XP: 36,002

Win/Loss 1243-1069 for a 1.16 ration (+1%)
Accuracy: 20.07 (+.87%)

Kills:  38540
Deaths: 22941
Difference: 15,599 (+6016)
K/D: 1.66 (up .03%)
Streak: 26 (+4)
Most Kills In a TDM: 44

Kills per match: 16.67 (Up .94 per match)
Deaths per match: 9.67 (Up .25 per match)

Headshots: 3015
Assists: 3246 (thanks Kato)  disgust
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 01:57:34 PM by ATB » Logged
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 13, 2008, 03:46:19 PM »

Man, the world would be a lot better if we didn't have to work.  Responsibility is getting in the way of my gaming time!  I want to play COD4 again soon, but besides GTA IV, now I have been getting a bit obsessed with Burnout Paradise. Last I played COD4 I was getting bogged down with guns I'm just not very good with, because that's all I have left to level up. I've been stuck right around .74 k/d for quite a while. I did find that I can use a shotgun ok on Chinatown.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 13, 2008, 04:26:42 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on May 13, 2008, 03:46:19 PM

Man, the world would be a lot better if we didn't have to work.  Responsibility is getting in the way of my gaming time!  I want to play COD4 again soon, but besides GTA IV, now I have been getting a bit obsessed with Burnout Paradise. Last I played COD4 I was getting bogged down with guns I'm just not very good with, because that's all I have left to level up. I've been stuck right around .74 k/d for quite a while. I did find that I can use a shotgun ok on Chinatown.

Tip: Don't level up the guns slywink
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: