http://gamingtrend.com
September 22, 2014, 04:44:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Back in the Game.  (Read 34435 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2007, 04:36:49 PM »

I've been attempting to get the challenges for the G36c (?). I can't tell if I like the gun or not.

It seems cool but very underpowered even with stopping power and deep impact on...
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2007, 09:34:19 PM »

The G36 is a balance of power and firing rate. I tend to think of it as a much better version of the M4.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2007, 02:44:55 AM »

1.26 fools. Watch out Kato I'm in UR rearview mirror.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2007, 01:07:58 PM »

Quote from: ATB on November 27, 2007, 02:44:55 AM

1.26 fools. Watch out Kato I'm in UR rearview mirror.

Now that I know how to play my K/D just keeps climbing.  I did some calculations and if I don't improve any but hold steady, by the time I stabilize I should be between 1.75 and 2.0. 
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2007, 01:08:41 PM »

The previous post assumes I don't start playing HQ, Sabotage or Domination.  If I do, all bets are off slywink
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2007, 01:19:00 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 27, 2007, 01:08:41 PM

The previous post assumes I don't start playing HQ, Sabotage or Domination.  If I do, all bets are off slywink

Yeah it's pretty much impossible to keep any kind of good k/d ratio playing any of those and still win.

Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2007, 01:52:01 PM »

Haven't played any for over a week.  I'm sure my K/d will be dropping like a rock until I get back into the groove.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2007, 02:53:37 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 27, 2007, 01:07:58 PM

I did some calculations and if I don't improve any but hold steady, by the time I stabilize I should be between 1.75 and 2.0. 

Picking an impressive number at random is not a calculation. Tongue

I think if we all stayed on pace we'd all hit 2.0 eventually. I'm pretty sure you'll do it far before me, but the gap in Kills and Deaths is growing quite consistently for me.

I still consider you to be l33t and me to be above average...so....double  Tongue
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2007, 04:36:12 PM »

What does knowing how to play mean?  Camping a lot and ambushing?

Seems like for every 17-7 game I have, I have two were I am on a team that just gets overrun.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2007, 05:04:49 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on November 27, 2007, 04:36:12 PM

What does knowing how to play mean?  Camping a lot and ambushing?

Seems like for every 17-7 game I have, I have two were I am on a team that just gets overrun.

I think that may be Hark's method as I believe he's hell on a sniper rifle, but I've always been a CQC kind of guy...though I love me some LMGs in this game (except for the M60).

Oh and there's nothing like the sound of a claymore tripping.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2007, 06:37:29 PM »

I used to snipe a LOT.  However since I went prestige mode I have a whopping 1 kill with a sniper rifle.  I tend to stick to lesser travelled areas and make circuits of the maps.  I rarely stay in one place anymore unless it's an easily defendable place that is being mostly ignored.  My K/D has dropped slightly this way, but my total kills is skyrocketing.  Instead of going 9-0 or 15-2 I'm now often going 26-5 or 30-8 so it's helping overall.
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2007, 06:41:37 PM »

I fell for your "you should do it" nuttiness and started Prestige mode today.

I wished I hadn't after about thirty seconds.

When you get to the .50 cal again try and get the Acog for it and test it out on Vacant. See if it's as silly for you as it was for me Tongue

Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2007, 07:02:44 PM »

I aim at people and pull the trigger... sometimes they fall down, sometimes I fall down and I hope they are a little too close to my grenade.

See also: Claymores.  It's like a little present every time someone runs into them.

Now that I think about it, the game needs bouncing bettys.  That would amusing for me.  Alternately I need sleep.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 07:08:41 PM by Jarrodhk » Logged

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2007, 07:06:37 PM »

Quote from: Thin_J on November 27, 2007, 06:41:37 PM

I fell for your "you should do it" nuttiness and started Prestige mode today.

I wished I hadn't after about thirty seconds.

When you get to the .50 cal again try and get the Acog for it and test it out on Vacant. See if it's as silly for you as it was for me Tongue

I regretted prestige mode the first time as well until I got up to around 20 which didn't take very long.  Second time was an even smoother experience.  I'm very glad I did it now and will continue until I hit the badge I desire.

I'll try the .50 with acog, but it will be a long time before I get it since by the time I would have the acog unlocked I'll be 56 and ready to flip again.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2007, 07:10:45 PM »

Why the regrets? cause you don't have all the toys anymore?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 07:13:20 PM by ATB » Logged
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2007, 07:17:35 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 27, 2007, 07:06:37 PM

I'll try the .50 with acog, but it will be a long time before I get it since by the time I would have the acog unlocked I'll be 56 and ready to flip again.

I've picked up discarded .50s and man are they hard to use.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2007, 07:31:11 PM »

I should start using claymores.  All my builds have special grenade x 3.  I throw those suckers like crazy.  Flash, flash, flash!
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2007, 07:45:04 PM »

Claymores are very nice.  I personally tend to use Bomb Squad until I unlock Bandolier, then I use it on all but one kit which gets an RPG.  If I take claymores or grenade perks I spend too much time throwing and not enough actually shooting.  Once I'm done with prestige modes it'll change, but since the challenges rely on shooting, I find that focusing on shooting more is the fastest way for me to level up.

The thing I hate most about resetting each time is the loss of the Bandolier.  I hate finding an awesome spot that nobody can take me down from and running out of ammo.  Granted it's funny sniping people with the pistol from a roof, but it's not quite the same slywink
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2007, 07:48:53 PM »

I love setting claymores in places where no one thinks they'll be. Sure, in doorways is nice, but for variety I put them in out of the way corners that no one would think about.

Since I usually live a long time, the battle rages all over the map and 2 or 3 minutes later <trip!> boom +10 from the other side of the world. Booyah!
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2007, 07:33:29 AM »

Why do people like Headquarters?

At first I thought it was fun too as a change of pace, but truthfully if I want to play a faster paced game I'll just go team DM.

Headquarters actually rewards stupid play and I can't get past that everytime my group decides to play it. Charge in with martyrdom and sonic boom on, take someone with you, and then get rewarded with free kills. Where's the tactics? Not to mention it's murder on your k/d ratio. I dropped down into the 1.7's tonight because they kept wanting to play HQ.

I also very much think certain perks should be disabled in hardcore mode, last stand in particular. Here you are in a more realistic gametype, no hud, tons of immersion, you put a .50 cal round into a guy and instead of dying he drops to the ground and then pops one of your teammates with his pistol before you get your next shot off. Totally ridiculous and ruins what is otherwise a really immersive gametype.

*ah, and a good fix for martyrdom would be to make it so there's a chance to drop a grenade when you die. Don't drop it too much or people who live on it will whine, but something below 75% would be nice, just so people wouldn't be rewarded for charging the HQ like a tard time after time.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 07:36:17 AM by Thin_J » Logged

SuperHiro

Pants on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2007, 04:13:54 AM »

I generally stick with team deathmatch.  Those big team games bring the stupid pretty hardcore.

Just Hiro will do.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2007, 04:34:29 AM »

Quote from: SuperHiro on November 30, 2007, 04:13:54 AM

I generally stick with team deathmatch.  Those big team games bring the stupid pretty hardcore.

I am not playing much right now with all the other games out, but when I was playing obsessively I played mostly FFA, with some S&D and DOM thrown in for good team games. When I am not quite feeling as twitchy, I do enjoy the TDM too-all in all there is something to like in all the modes for me, though I agree that HQ is not that great. All of the team games suffer somewhat because of the smallish nature of almost every map.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2007, 05:49:42 AM »

I play either Team Deathmatch or Hardcore (which alternates between Search and Destroy and Team Deathmatch)  If Team Tactical didn't include Domination I'd probably play it some as well since I like small scale engagements.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2007, 06:27:09 AM »

I briefly touched 1.29 to tie Kato, but then had the most deaths I've ever had in a match (19) and dropped back to 1.28.  I promptly shut down for the night after that fiasco.
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2007, 07:19:31 AM »

Quote from: ATB on November 30, 2007, 06:27:09 AM

I briefly touched 1.29 to tie Kato, but then had the most deaths I've ever had in a match (19) and dropped back to 1.28.  I promptly shut down for the night after that fiasco.

ninja Oh noes! I'm going to have to stop playing mass effect so I don't get too rusty on COD4

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2007, 02:56:45 AM »

After a disastrous couple of sessions in which I've tried new weapons I have slid all the way back to 1.26.

Time for a break from COD4 methinks.
SuperHiro

Pants on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2007, 04:35:46 PM »

my ratio is still at .70 or thereabouts.  My run as a fast running ninja with a silenced mini-uzi really cocked things up.

I still lead my leaderboard in accuracy though.

Just Hiro will do.
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2007, 08:45:06 PM »

Quote from: SuperHiro

What's your percentage?

Try me Tongue

Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2007, 08:47:15 AM »

Okay that was the most insane match of domination I've ever been involved with. 

On shipment... got a helicopter twice.  Got 70 kills 15 assists and 35 deaths.  Picked up 2405 points on that single match.

Wow.  Decided I was done for the night after that.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2007, 02:43:59 PM »

Quote from: Thin_J on December 02, 2007, 08:45:06 PM

Quote from: SuperHiro

What's your percentage?

Try me Tongue

I think he's at 18.5% or there abouts.

Oh and I've dropped to 1.25. That's what I get for experimenting with new weapons frown.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 02:56:00 PM by ATB » Logged
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2007, 02:57:08 PM »

I'm at 18.3 and climbing on accuracy.  Top of my list is TXJOE with over 25% though.

I did find last night that I simply can't play if drunk on wine.  I usually drink beer or whiskey but with the stupid blue laws I can't buy anything on Sunday.  My sister kept giving me wine and I tried to play with Fuzz and Jarrod and it was atrocious.  3-15 and I fear looking at my accuracy after those couple rounds. 

I can play just fine on numerous beers, but something about the wine absolutely killed all ability for me to aim. 

Next week, I'll have to make sure I stock up on beverages.  I was gone Fri and Sat and didn't think about Sun until it was too late.

Sorry for bailing Jarrod, it just wasn't going to get any better.
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2007, 04:54:54 PM »

I'm done with my Mass Effect binge so hopefully I can devote my game playing to COD4. 

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 04, 2007, 03:40:19 AM »

After dropping to a 1.24, I've gone back to what I consider the best weapon in the game: AK47.  It almost always wins a stand off. Has excellent stopping power and a great effective range.

K/D is now climbing again.

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 05, 2007, 03:48:50 AM »

It's amazing what a difference an AK makes. 1.26 and climbing.  thumbsup
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 05, 2007, 04:35:28 AM »

Quote from: ATB on December 05, 2007, 03:48:50 AM

I haven't played in almost a week, but last time I played I gave the AK a shot for a whole night. I just hate the thing. I know it has redeeming qualities and is very powerful, but I just think its so inaccurate and the spread is so wide. I just can't get with it.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2007, 02:31:44 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on December 05, 2007, 04:35:28 AM

Quote from: ATB on December 05, 2007, 03:48:50 AM

I haven't played in almost a week, but last time I played I gave the AK a shot for a whole night. I just hate the thing. I know it has redeeming qualities and is very powerful, but I just think its so inaccurate and the spread is so wide. I just can't get with it.

What's your favorite weapon?

I dunno. I just synergize with the AK and destroy people up and down the map with it.

I have a love hate with the G36- seems so underpowered- but I love the compactness and it's standard sights that allow for a grenade launcher with no loss of accuracy.

I like the G3, but only on maps that have long site lines

The M16 is growing on me but like the G3, I can only use it on wide open spaces

I love love love the saw.   The RPD is great too...but the saw is off the hook.

The M60 is a bananas hard to use weapon IMO.  I can't hit anything with it.

M4. Underpowered.

AK47u (or whatever)  So powerful at close range.

MP5. Love hate

The semi auto shotgun is ridiculous!

The p90 is over powered and seems to be everybody's go to, but it's a fun gun.

The dragonov is my sniper weapon of choice, but I think once I flip the prestige I'm going to stay away from sniping.

I find most of the other sniper weapons useless.

Ramble ramble.

Oh and I really like the overkill perk.  Equip one weapon for CQC and one for long range or vice versa.  Powerful combo options there.
MrDuck
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: December 05, 2007, 06:00:35 PM »

*Grumbles*

Going to my hometown this friday for the remainder of december and a bit of january, so no MP for me for a while. Hopeful to play some CoD 4 when I return, rar.

*Waves*

Xbox360 Live! Gamertag: Wuigi69
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 05, 2007, 08:13:39 PM »

Overkill is by far the best perk to take for Hardcore game modes. The loss of stopping power doesn't mean anything and it allows you to equip yourself for pretty much every situation.

The Dragunov is my least favorite of the sniper rifles, with the M21 coming in a close second. As for a favorite I'd say it's a tie between the M40A3 and the Barrett .50 cal. Both are pretty much one shot kills. The M40's nice in that definitely seems the most accurate of all the sniper rifles and the recoil is manageable enough that you can keep your crosshair on a moving target pretty reliably. The increased power on the R700 is nice, but the drop in accuracy isn't.

I can't wait to get the .50 cal unlocked again. I've missed it ever since I started the first level of Prestige. Definitely not going any farther into that once I get to 55 again.

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 05, 2007, 09:28:53 PM »

Haven't check my stats, but I love COD4 multiplayer.  Wish I would play with my friends more often instead of random pugs, but I'm having fun nontheless

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 05, 2007, 11:10:26 PM »

I just got claymores back last night.  I missed those a great deal after resetting.  For the moment the leveling is fun enough that I may go through another reset or two before just settling down to play with all the toys unlocked.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: