http://gamingtrend.com
April 23, 2014, 01:55:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Back in the Game.  (Read 34015 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: November 18, 2007, 07:05:21 AM »

After getting the M4, I switched to it for a while and watched my K/D drop like a stone (thought I do like the weapon).

I switched back to my AK and am now sitting pretty at 1.20 K/D- a mere .11 behind you!

Whatchya gonna do when ATB's K/D runs wild on you!?

Oh- and you're already up to 49 on the 2nd level of prestige?  You need to take a break from playing man...
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 04:08:02 AM by SensuousLettuce » Logged
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 07:35:23 AM »

Been 55 for 3 days, finished the entirety of the first 3 prestige classes (except one that is bugged), and am +2000 kills. You need to play more dude smile I think my K/D is about 1.65, but I have to do the math myself so you never know.

PC version for me though. I still prefer the M4 to the AK-greatly, but the MP5 is probably my all around favorite weapon. I have a bunch of crazy combos I do, but usually I do my MP5 and some variation of primary perk. The M4, due to the extremely weak damage per bullet, can definitely be tricky to use though-I recommend it with stopping power or double tap (a perk you likely don't have yet) or maybe even sleight of hand. You need to maximize the amount of damage you can do.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 01:06:39 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on November 18, 2007, 07:35:23 AM

Been 55 for 3 days, finished the entirety of the first 3 prestige classes (except one that is bugged), and am +2000 kills. You need to play more dude smile I think my K/D is about 1.65, but I have to do the math myself so you never know.

PC version for me though. I still prefer the M4 to the AK-greatly, but the MP5 is probably my all around favorite weapon. I have a bunch of crazy combos I do, but usually I do my MP5 and some variation of primary perk. The M4, due to the extremely weak damage per bullet, can definitely be tricky to use though-I recommend it with stopping power or double tap (a perk you likely don't have yet) or maybe even sleight of hand. You need to maximize the amount of damage you can do.

Yeah yeah! I unlocked double tap either last night or night before. Explain it pleas.  Why do I need my gun to fire faster?  It's already an automatic weapon....

Also, I heard people talking about 'grips' last night. What do they do and when do you get them?
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 05:18:55 PM »

Quote from: ATB on November 18, 2007, 01:06:39 PM

Yeah yeah! I unlocked double tap either last night or night before. Explain it pleas.  Why do I need my gun to fire faster?  It's already an automatic weapon....

Also, I heard people talking about 'grips' last night. What do they do and when do you get them?

Faster rate of fire = more bullets = people die faster if you don't headshot them.  You can really see the difference with this on the M16, since it shoots in 3 bullet bursts.  If you miss that first burst, with double tap you can get another one off super fast.

Grips are only for some weapons, iirc the shotties and large machine guns.  It helps with recoil so when you shoot it does not aim straight up from kick-back.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 11:41:58 PM »

Quote from: ATB on November 18, 2007, 01:06:39 PM

Ok here is the thing with double tap. I mean, its very simple-you fire more bullets per X seconds. If you tend to miss a lot with auto weapons, its an iffy perk-because you end up spraying so many bullets so fast that you run out of ammo too quickly to recover. If you are using something like the M16 its pretty damn useful since the first miss of the 3shot burst won't hurt you nearly as much. Now, I still think its a very good perk overall. If you tend to aim more for the body its really helpful as you can just pump an enemy full of bullets during those quick, brutal, whomever fires first battles.

Grips are only shotguns and machine guns. I don't use shotguns now that I have maxed out the unlocks, because I just think they are cheap indoors and utterly useless outdoors-so I can't give you much advice. The grip on the LMGs is freaking awesome though. One of the most lethal combos in the game is either a. m60/RPD b. double tap c. sleight of hand/martyrdom d. grip attachment. The RPD has a faster rate of fire and kind of turns into a minigun with double tap. It's almost out of control. But its also absurdly inaccurate and thus I prefer the M60 combo myself.

LMK if you have any other perk/weapon combo questions, other than sniper rifles/shotty, I think I have experiment with just about everything humanly possible (although I have fallen into the bad habit of making martyrdom my pretty much constant third perk-I know some people think its cheap but I play probably 70% FFA games, and frankly, martyrdom is pretty damn essential with the amazing speed people can rack up kills).
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 02:27:37 PM »

Well I wonder if doubletap would be better to use than the deep impact and whatever the other one is that makes your bullets do more damage....hmmm.
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 03:29:33 PM »

I've only played a few hours so far, but I'm basically all M16 all the time - red dot sight, extra stun grenades, stopping power, and deep impact.  I'm the guy who likes firing through walls, so I've already picked up all the x-ray vision achievements.  I think I have more fun shooting through things at people than directly at them.  In fact, I'm sure of it.  Reminds me of those heady days of using the HL1 gauss gun...

As far as levelling goes, it seems like Headquarters typically nets the most points per match.  Is there anything more effective at quickly getting one points?  In contrast, the Hardcore modes are somewhat anemic in the points department.

b
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 03:35:50 PM »

Ok. I tried it. It's pretty cool. But definitely not good at distance.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2007, 04:34:40 PM »

Quote from: Brendan on November 19, 2007, 03:29:33 PM

I've only played a few hours so far, but I'm basically all M16 all the time - red dot sight, extra stun grenades, stopping power, and deep impact.  I'm the guy who likes firing through walls, so I've already picked up all the x-ray vision achievements.  I think I have more fun shooting through things at people than directly at them.  In fact, I'm sure of it.  Reminds me of those heady days of using the HL1 gauss gun...

As far as levelling goes, it seems like Headquarters typically nets the most points per match.  Is there anything more effective at quickly getting one points?  In contrast, the Hardcore modes are somewhat anemic in the points department.

b

I definitely didn't have any problems getting points in Hardcore mode.  Right after I reset my rank for prestige I went from 1-4 in one match then kept the pace of about 400-800 xp per match not counting challenges.  HQ does give good xp, but only if you're winning.
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2007, 04:36:54 PM »

I suspect you might be a more effective player than I am. slywink
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2007, 05:23:19 PM »

Quote from: Brendan on November 19, 2007, 04:36:54 PM

I suspect you might be a more effective player than I am. slywink

Look at how many days played he has.  The fool never turns it off!
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2007, 07:57:59 PM »

It's much faster levelling when you play with good people and you get high average xp per match.  I do very well with the group I play with and generally get an xp level every 2-3 rounds or so with small gaps where challenges aren't being fulfilled.  It took me about 34 hours of gametime to finish level 55 (you need 5k after you hit 55 to be done) and then I'm going through the second time much faster.  I suspect I'll get the third done in even less time played unless my friends stop playing with me  ninja

The most important thing is to just have fun though, and I manage to do that even when losing when I play with friends.
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2007, 08:08:18 PM »

Yeah, I just have one guy that I play with regularly, but I'm sure it'd be better if I had my whole Halo posse available.

I was looking over the higher level perks - how does eavesdropping work?  Do you hear everything the other team says?  Unfortunately, I'm sure it doesn't break into private chats.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2007, 08:27:30 PM »

Wanna set up a ranked rendezvou for tomorrow night (Tuesday)?  I would prefer to play deathmatch, but might be up for whatever.
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2007, 08:30:06 PM »

You talkin' to me?  I would love to, but I'm stranded in the urban wilds of the District of Columbia with no Xbox access for a week.  I'm having to turn to "books" and "movies" for entertainment.  When I get back next Tuesday though, I'm all over it.

Note to thieves and home invaders:  yes, I'm out of town.  That just means that I've activated my kuh-razy Goonies style booty traps for would be burglars...
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2007, 08:41:20 PM »

Quote from: Brendan on November 19, 2007, 08:30:06 PM

You talkin' to me?  I would love to, but I'm stranded in the urban wilds of the District of Columbia with no Xbox access for a week.  I'm having to turn to "books" and "movies" for entertainment.  When I get back next Tuesday though, I'm all over it.

Note to thieves and home invaders:  yes, I'm out of town.  That just means that I've activated my kuh-razy Goonies style booty traps for would be burglars...

DC rocks! Why are you there?
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2007, 08:42:17 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on November 19, 2007, 07:57:59 PM

It's much faster levelling when you play with good people and you get high average xp per match.  I do very well with the group I play with and generally get an xp level every 2-3 rounds or so with small gaps where challenges aren't being fulfilled.  It took me about 34 hours of gametime to finish level 55 (you need 5k after you hit 55 to be done) and then I'm going through the second time much faster.  I suspect I'll get the third done in even less time played unless my friends stop playing with me  ninja

The most important thing is to just have fun though, and I manage to do that even when losing when I play with friends.

Well yes, all of this is true, but the most important question is what gameplay mode are you playing? If its S&D, then sure, 500-800 should be very doable per match if you can get a few kills. If its FFA, if the server is at default rules its physically impossible. Its difficult in Dom and HQ as well for that matter with the default round setup.
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2007, 08:43:49 PM »

I'm available Tuesday night.  Can I play?  Can I play?

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2007, 10:21:03 AM »

I will be unavailable Tuesday night since that will be my hopefuly completion of Rock Band World Tour. slywink
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2007, 12:55:13 PM »

I never thought this day would come, but I agree completely with something Calvin said in the Halo3 Bungie.net thread.

Jumping into a match when your team is down 300 pts blows.  (I had argued that people should be added into the match to even the teams- though it's slightly different as Halo doesn't really track wins/losses).

What's even worse is jumping into a FFA match when someone already has 12 kills  icon_mad
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2007, 01:53:29 PM »

The only stat I completely ignore is wins/losses since over half my losses are leaving a game since it drops people when you start so often.  Another 50% of those losses that aren't from drops are out of my control due to lame teammates (not friends).  It's a worthless stat until they fix the dropping issues and reset it.
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2007, 11:04:32 PM »

Harkonissssss............come back........... ninja

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2007, 01:31:29 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on November 20, 2007, 11:04:32 PM

Harkonissssss............come back........... ninja
I'm sick and have been resting while my sister and niece and nephew abduct my 360 for rock band.  When my sore throat and fever fade I'll be back on COD and rock band both.
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2007, 06:17:56 PM »

I'm at 55 and just.. can't bring myself to start Prestige mode.

It's just so pointless.

On the positive side, I hit 55 in a mere 22 hours and my K/D ratio is like 1.83 and climbing after a big drop due to playing too many headquarters games for a while.

I just don't want to sacrifice all my toys for something as silly as a little symbol next to my name. I'm having way too much fun with the Barrett to give it up right now. It's a sniper rifle, but it actually works Tongue

*edit*

My favorite silly custom class experiment so far has been the Barret with the Acog scope on Vacant. People were getting sooooo angry at me. I find the Acog to be utterly worthless on pretty much everything else in the game, but on the .50 cal on that map it's just gross. It was a team deathmatch game and I think I finished like 23-4 or something. Not a great high score or anything and far from my highest kill count or even best kill ratio, but still fun. The map is so small in most places that the Barrett's tendency to miss on occasion is pretty much negated, and it's accuracy on the Acog is surprising considering you don't have to hold your breath. I was basically treating it like a long range shotgun and it was working beautifully.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 06:29:12 PM by Thin_J » Logged

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2007, 06:38:34 PM »

I think you of all people should go for prestige mode Thin, you are so much better than myself and could soar through them all in no time.  You out-stat me in every category by far.  I had to go prestige because I missed the level up sounds and effects and the game became 'just another shooter' when I didn't have the challenges to go for.  Once I hit 55 Prestige 9 I'll be done and can focus on what I want to kill most with.  I also play with a lot of friends of varying skill levels and they get a kick out of having more guns than me when I reset slywink
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2007, 06:48:07 PM »

I still have plenty of challenges to do though :|

I got a few in my last game the other night. Like the "Extreme Cruelty" and "Collateral Damage". Those are for killing the entire enemy team without dying and killing two enemies with one sniper rifle shot, respectively.

I admit there's a part of me that feels like I should do it just to keep the game a bit more fresh, but the other part wants to finish all those challenges in the Killer and Elite tiers.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2007, 07:10:26 PM »

Quote from: Thin_J on November 23, 2007, 06:48:07 PM

I still have plenty of challenges to do though :|

I got a few in my last game the other night. Like the "Extreme Cruelty" and "Collateral Damage". Those are for killing the entire enemy team without dying and killing two enemies with one sniper rifle shot, respectively.

I admit there's a part of me that feels like I should do it just to keep the game a bit more fresh, but the other part wants to finish all those challenges in the Killer and Elite tiers.

I was so ticked that I killed two people with a sniper shot in the same round that I levelled up and unlocked the challenge and thus didn't get credit.
SuperHiro

Pants on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2007, 07:28:37 PM »

I just had a wicked round with the Mini-Uzi of all guns. 

The next round I used the silenced M16 with UAV Jammer, that was awesome.  Snuck up on all the snipers.  I got two in a row and would have gotten a third if not for Martyr.  EFFING MARTYR.

Just Hiro will do.
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2007, 08:24:10 PM »

Quote from: SuperHiro on November 23, 2007, 07:28:37 PM

I just had a wicked round with the Mini-Uzi of all guns.

The Uzi's actually not bad in a lot of situations. It's just that if you get caught at medium range with it you're pretty much hosed, plus without the bandolier perk you run dry on ammo really quickly. The rate of fire is close to that of the P90 and it actually does more damage per round. You lose out on accuracy though, and the clip isn't nearly as deep as the P90's. It's a nice little bullet hose for maps like Vacant though.

I actually went from 51 kills with the uzi to 150 and finishing the third marksman challenge in three games a few nights ago. The Uzi's the weapon that got me that Extreme Cruelty challenge, on Crossfire of all maps. The sniper shot one came on that round I mentioned on Vacant with the .50 cal.

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2007, 09:14:41 PM »

1.83?!

That makes my 1.2 look so puny. frown
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2007, 12:26:40 AM »

I was at 1.43 for a long time... then I started a slow decline (mostly from not playing with good team mates) and am sitting at 1.36 I believe at the moment. 

Its funny, I'll go 2 rounds where I finish one or two kills below even and my K/d will drop.  I finish five matches in a row with a 1.9 or better, and my ratio just sits there.  Frustrating.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
SuperHiro

Pants on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2007, 04:58:36 AM »

How do you guys get this stat? Is it in the game somewhere?

Nice to see after my run of awesome games with the mini-uzi, I had a few horrible ones.  Doesn't really work on Urban.  But it's great on maps with a lot of close in environments, obviously.

Just Hiro will do.
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2007, 06:47:58 AM »

Hiro are you on the PC version? The 360 version has leaderboards that you can check but I'm pretty sure those are absent in the PC version.

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2007, 06:50:50 AM »

360 version: Barracks> Leaderboards

You'll see we pwn and you are pwnt.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2007, 06:36:34 PM »

Well I do much better than I did in Halo 3, but I am still only at 1.04 or something.  You guys are robots!
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2007, 07:27:36 PM »

I dunno if I'm just gettin better or if all the real players are on vacation this week, but I've equaled my best streak of 15 3 times in the past two sessions.  I've also matched my match best in kills (31) twice in the past two sessions.

I've now got 600 more kills than I do deaths- a number I could have never dreamed of Haloz.

Huzzah COD4!
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2007, 07:38:13 PM »

Quote from: ATB on November 24, 2007, 07:27:36 PM

I dunno if I'm just gettin better or if all the real players are on vacation this week, but I've equaled my best streak of 15 3 times in the past two sessions.  I've also matched my match best in kills (31) twice in the past two sessions.

I've now got 600 more kills than I do deaths- a number I could have never dreamed of Haloz.

Huzzah COD4!

Very nice, 3 15 kill streaks is no joke. I have not been playing much lately and I am definitely getting worse-my aim is for some reason really..."shaky" when I jump into FFA now-my trigger hand is just a tad anxious I think-but people on PC are really getting better now. On another note, I still hate the AK. I am pretty much an MP5 guy exclusively now unless the map is too big.
SuperHiro

Pants on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2007, 08:08:31 PM »

I'm right in the middle kills wise, but I'm top my friends list in accuracy. Hurray for caution!

Just Hiro will do.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2007, 10:00:52 PM »

Quote from: ATB on November 24, 2007, 07:27:36 PM

Huzzah COD4!

Eventually you'll catch my streak of 31... or not slywink  (hey, you named the thread, I'm just partaking!)

SuperHiro

Pants on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2007, 04:39:48 AM »

Thanks to my mega-ninja build (Mini-Uzi with the Silencer, UAV Jammer, Extended Sprint).  I finally had a 10 kill streak.  It was on Ambush or whatever, Just hung out in a house while would be snipers ran into it.  Snuck up on them and blasted them.  A especially sweet kill was when I tossed a stun grenade in a room and nailed three of them.  They finally caught me on the reload though.

That ninja-build has managed to take what little skill I've gained and flushed it all down the toilet.  Now all I do is run like a maniac and try to flank people.  Which never works, since the silenced Uzi has horrific range.  It's great when it works though. 

Just Hiro will do.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: