http://gamingtrend.com
April 23, 2014, 07:56:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Auto Assault: anybody else excited?  (Read 1560 times)
EngineNo9
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« on: February 23, 2005, 03:28:47 PM »

The title of the thread pretty much says it all: anybody else excited about Auto Assault.  Fast-paced, fully destructable, physics-packed car combat on a massive scale!  Fook yeah!

The quick rundown is that it is pretty much Interstate 76/Twisted Metal in an MMO environment.  Three warring races, persistant avatars, and of course changeable/upgradeable chassis, weapons and all that sort of thing.  PVP arenas and zones, PVE missions and instances, voice-comm for your convoy, etc.  Hell, one race even has cars that transform into walking mechs, for pete's sake!  (for limited amounts of time)

If you want to learn more about the game, check out the feature set on the official site or some recent interviews which answer some common questions.

They just started accepting beta applications, and quickly expanded that to be a world-wide process.  I don't think I have to mention that I signed up.   Cool

EDIT: Yes, I obviously realize this one is still in development, but it seemed more appropriate here than Road to Gold...feel free to move it if you think otherwise

Sandwiches do fix everything.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2005, 03:36:35 PM »

Some visual titilation for the lazy:

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2005, 04:25:53 PM »

Since I have zero will power I'm sure I'll be trying this.

Ascendent
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2005, 05:06:50 PM »

Im looking forward to it. I am curious about one thing though....what happens if you roll over on your side or top? Do you get out and use a button to reflip your vehicle?...Does it send soem type of vehicle to right your's? Or will it just not allow your car to roll over?

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
unbreakable
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2005, 04:59:06 AM »

nice!  Im a big fan of the Autoduel genre.

I actually wish someone would make a Gamma World MMOG.
Doomboy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2005, 08:58:20 AM »

Quote from: "unbreakable"

I'd love to see that... Imagine, making up your character, getting him to look  the way you like, then finding out what weird mutations you got when you are in game for the first time... Or maybe they slowly reveal themselves as you level up...

That could be lots of fun.  Not to mention it wouldn't be yet another stinking fantasy game full of elves and dwarves.  Yet it would still have that slight fantasy aftertaste.

Back on topic, I am definately going to try this game out when it finally comes out.  I love the idea of non traditional rpgs.  City of Heroes didn't keep my interest, but maybe this one will.

When there's no more room in hell, Jack Thompson will walk the earth.
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2005, 04:14:43 PM »

Quote from: "unbreakable"

I have been waiting for that for years.  Both a new autoduel and a game set in the Gamma World universe.

morlac00 on PSN
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2011, 03:14:15 PM »

Holy necro thread!  icon_smile

Ha, EngineNo9 was kind enough to give me a Renegade Ops key, and here he created the Auto Assault thread in 2005.  icon_smile

This was actually the only MMO where I bought a pre-order code in the store (Best Buy) for $10, played in the early head start and then decided NOT to buy it. I eventually bought it for $8.88 (special edition with headset mic included) at a CompUSA several months later, and played it for a couple months or so.

Renegade Ops does often remind me of it, even if the driving viewpoint/perspective is different.

I loved the idea of Auto Assault, and just plain old driving was always fun. I just felt it didn't do enough with the concept. Too many quests were "go run over 10 beasts" and other typical non-vehicular game stuff. The once in a while that it had a racing or stunt type quest made me think, "THERE, do MORE of those! Stop thinking 'WoW or Everquest with Cars.'" Actually, if it had more missions as fun as the Renegade Ops stuff, I would've been happy.

The late-added avatar stuff in "towns" was pretty ugly, don't think it added much to the game. Many of us found crafting baffling, and it didn't seem to amount to much but subtle add-on spoilers and mouldings that didn't substantially change the look of your car.

Playing
PC
-Meltdown (Steam early access)
-Running With Soldiers (Steam early access)
-Breach & Clear
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2011, 08:35:23 PM »

I remember asking about whether racing wheels would be supported, back when it was still in development. That would have been so much if there were an actual Mad-Max style driving MMO.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: