http://gamingtrend.com
October 31, 2014, 06:24:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Are you interested in an official CG WoW Guild?  (Voting closed: November 23, 2004, 04:13:17 PM)
Yes! - 8 (47.1%)
No, I'm already guilded. - 4 (23.5%)
No, I don't want something that official. - 5 (29.4%)
Total Voters: 16

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you interested in an official CG WoW Guild?  (Read 2143 times)
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: November 23, 2004, 04:13:17 PM »

Some folks have expressed an interest in an official CG guild.  While I'm a member of a far larger guild I'd be willing to make an official guild if there is a lot of desire for something official.  I'm not looking to step on anyone's toes here, but the requests are a bit more overwhelming than I anticipated.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
warning

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2004, 04:22:41 PM »

I don't know about "official" but I think about 16 or 17 of us are already signed up for the "unofficial" guild that Rage has put together.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2004, 04:25:36 PM »

I'm not looking to undo his work.  I'm just saying that I've got a lot more than 15-20 messages in my box that want something official.

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2004, 04:47:14 PM »

"Official" vs. "Unofficial" its all just a name. Why not just point them to the "Unofficial" one since the logistics and framework for it already exist?

A Pew Research Center poll found nearly half of Americans hold the false belief that TARP was passed under President Obama, while only 34 percent know it originated under Bush.
"Oh yeah?" Bush replied. "50% of the people were wrong."
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2004, 04:53:49 PM »

My guess would be because the people that are mailing may not want to be with the Unofficial one?  Just a guess though...

Xbox Live: AgtFox
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2004, 05:52:45 PM »

You need to add the poll option, "Just join Rage's."

Hell, just throw some holy water at Rage and deem it the official CG WoW guild.

What exactly constitutes "officiality" anyway?

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2004, 06:22:27 PM »

Well, since I am no longer "officially" affiliated with CG maybe they dont want to mix up the official and unofficial> However, we have now..17 members in the unofficial guild, they all seem to be a great group of guys, and I hope many more join. I would be suprised and disspaointed if people didnt want toplay with us just because we werent an "official website affiliation".

Gosh, if its htat much a problem, make the guild not affiliated at all, we just want to play together and have a good time.
Scott

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2004, 06:31:33 PM »

Are there polictics behind the scenes now?  I don't understand why all of a sudden ConsoleGold wants an official guild, when before today it seemed like CG couldn't care?  That's why the unofficial guild was created by Rage, to get everyone on the forum together and play as a unit.   It would seem best to have one guild with people here.  Heck, those that want Alliance play in 'Almost Heroes'  (the unofficial CG guild) and those that play Horde to get involved in the Wanderers.  Both guilds are on the same machine.

I know Knightshade choose to be on a different machine because of his guild.  We choose (Almost Heroes) to be on a central guild so all of us across the country would have an equal playing experience.  I believe that is what the Wanderers did as well.  

Hopefully this can all be cleared up.

---
XBox Live: ScottW
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2004, 07:08:57 PM »

I'm not privvy to the e-mails Ron has received, I am just guessing on my part.  Personally, I've never been much into MMORPGs, although WoW may be the first one I purchase and play after playing through the beta for quite a bit.

I'll be honest, I have no idea how these Guild dynamics work since I've never been part of one via an MMORPG.  I was just offering up that Ron probably got e-mail asking for some official type of CG Official Guild...I really don't know.

I'm pretty sure all the guilds can co-exist (Wanderers, Rage's and a CG-based one if it is created) and this can become the centralized place for, say, a "meeting of the guilds" on days you want to do so or whatever.  Like I said though, I am very much an outsider on this dynamic so I can't comment on the e-mails Ron received nor the reasons behind possibly starting up a CG based guild.  Ron tends to listen to the readers though and maybe the e-mails he has gotten led him to think about starting up one for those that want to be on a new group or whatever...I really don't know.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2004, 07:18:26 PM »

I would heartily suggest anyone interested in a CG guild to at least check out Almost Heroes' Bylaws/Charter for WoW.

And before you say "OH GOLLY IT'S NOT OFFICIAL!," ask yourself, does it really matter?

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2004, 07:23:26 PM »

I simply go by the will of the readers.  I'll be doing my own thing with my guild, I just was offering to set up something affiliated with the site as that was what was requested of me.  This won't be turning into a pissing match, so lets not go down that road, k? smile

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Scott

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2004, 08:15:41 PM »

I simply go by the will of the readers. I'll be doing my own thing with my guild, I just was offering to set up something affiliated with the site as that was what was requested of me. This won't be turning into a pissing match, so lets not go down that road, k?

It'd be great then if you could work something out with Rage, since he setup Almost Heroes because there wasn't going to be an 'official' guild here.  That was the start of 'Almost Heroes'.  Since you'll be playing your own guild, I imagine you wouldn't want to run another anyway slywink.  It is unfortunate some of us will be on different servers though.  

I guess I'd also hate to see a 'pissing' match, hard feelings, or users here split up into different groups when all most of us want is one good group to play with.  I couldn't care less what is official or not.  Most people on these boards seem pretty mature, which is why I imagine most of us want to play together.

---
XBox Live: ScottW
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2004, 08:24:14 PM »

I guess I'd also hate to see a 'pissing' match, hard feelings, or users here split up into different groups when all most of us want is one good group to play with. I couldn't care less what is official or not. Most people on these boards seem pretty mature, which is why I imagine most of us want to play together.

You got it!  That's all I'm looking to do.  I just want to get the crew together for runs into VC and smash and grabs on those cute little snacks us undead call "Gnomes".  smile

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: