http://gamingtrend.com
September 16, 2014, 01:01:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AoC - Wanderers Updates (DERKETO Server)  (Read 19860 times)
Arclight
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 18, 2008, 05:56:05 PM »

So I guess not much going on till someone hits 20?

Arclight-Guardian-lv 14

Grace: Unmerited favor.
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 18, 2008, 06:19:24 PM »

We have some people who are already 20 but we are waiting for Rittch to create the guild.  Almost there, I think Rittch needs 2 more levels.
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 18, 2008, 06:21:04 PM »

Quote from: skystride on May 18, 2008, 06:19:24 PM

We have some people who are already 20 but we are waiting for Rittch to create the guild.  Almost there, I think Rittch needs 2 more levels.

Wow, you guys are flying, well done.

YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 18, 2008, 06:46:40 PM »

I didn't pre-order, so I won't be in-game until Tuesday. But I should be able to catch up pretty quickly. Any idea right now how the classes are breaking down? Anything we need desperately, or have too many of?
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 18, 2008, 07:03:06 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on May 18, 2008, 06:46:40 PM

I didn't pre-order, so I won't be in-game until Tuesday. But I should be able to catch up pretty quickly. Any idea right now how the classes are breaking down? Anything we need desperately, or have too many of?

I always subscribe to the "play what you like the most" theory - best  chance to keep you in the game for the longest period of time.  It actually looks like we have a pretty decent mix at the moment, though it's always so difficult to tell.  Generally in the beginning we have a lot of alts floating around and people trying on different classes. 

I looked through the poll and the roster thread and couldn't really come up with anything.  Ranger seems to be the least played class off the top of my head.

Again I say just play what you like the most or feel most comfortable with, for your first guy.  And also consider we may do some sort of "alt night" thing in the future if you can't decide between 2 classes.
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 18, 2008, 07:13:16 PM »

The poll results with 35 votes:
Rogues 10
Priest 10
Tanks 9
Mage 6

Necromancer is least popular.
Godzilla Blitz

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 18, 2008, 10:38:45 PM »

This sounds pretty cool.

Couple of quick questions...

Is the character limit per account 8 characters? Can they be on different servers?

Is there room in the Wanderers for casual players who tend to get killed in fairly creative ways?

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: May 18, 2008, 11:12:28 PM »

Quote from: Godzilla Blitz on May 18, 2008, 10:38:45 PM

Is the character limit per account 8 characters? Can they be on different servers?

Yes to both. I haven't tried any PvP servers yet though, but as far as PvE goes, it asks for a server to play on when you pick a blank character slot.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 19, 2008, 12:49:53 AM »

Guild is UP!!

And Godzilla Blitz, we have all types of players in the guild, from the hardcore min maxers to totally casual gamers.
Godzilla Blitz

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 19, 2008, 01:06:09 AM »

Destructor, skystride,

Cool. Thanks. I may try to pick this up later this week.

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 19, 2008, 04:53:18 AM »

Quick update: guild is up as mentioned, any game guild officer can invite you in.   So post your character name in the roster and send a tell in-game and that's it.

Classes: while I still adhere to the "play what's most fun for you" rule of thumb, it does appear we are a bit short on 2 of the thief classes: ranger and assassin.  Which is kind of odd because usually people love those, oh well.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 19, 2008, 05:22:13 AM »

Quote from: rittchard on May 19, 2008, 04:53:18 AM

Quick update: guild is up as mentioned, any game guild officer can invite you in.   So post your character name in the roster and send a tell in-game and that's it.

Classes: while I still adhere to the "play what's most fun for you" rule of thumb, it does appear we are a bit short on 2 of the thief classes: ranger and assassin.  Which is kind of odd because usually people love those, oh well.

The people that like Rangers and Assassins are the same people that like pvp servers slywink
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 19, 2008, 05:23:12 AM »

Quote from: Godzilla Blitz on May 19, 2008, 01:06:09 AM

Destructor, skystride,

and you get to play with me on the Derketo server, which is marked for erotic RP!  icon_twisted

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Godzilla Blitz

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 19, 2008, 04:49:09 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 19, 2008, 05:23:12 AM

Quote from: Godzilla Blitz on May 19, 2008, 01:06:09 AM

Destructor, skystride,

and you get to play with me on the Derketo server, which is marked for erotic RP!  icon_twisted

Sounds good! I'll roll up a necrophiliac right away. That's a class, right? icon_lol

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 19, 2008, 04:57:59 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on May 19, 2008, 05:22:13 AM

The people that like Rangers and Assassins are the same people that like pvp servers slywink

I'm an assassin and am not on some silly PvP server....

icon_lol
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 19, 2008, 05:00:25 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on May 19, 2008, 04:57:59 PM

Quote from: Harkonis on May 19, 2008, 05:22:13 AM

I'm an assassin and am not on some silly PvP server....

icon_lol

I've decided my first toon will be a Ranger.

Because I can,
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 19, 2008, 10:05:57 PM »

A quick update: the guild is doing very well so far.  Last time I counted we had at least 24 members, not too bad keeping in mind this is early access only.  Population was fairly steady as long as servers were up with generally a minimum of 10 people on every time I checked.  Even this morning (Monday!) we had over 10.  General consensus has been the game is running smooth and everyone seems to be having a lot of fun. 

Only complaints have been due to the lousy down time.  Heck I wouldn't even be here at work if the servers hadn't come down  mad

Anyway, looking forward to seeing more of you join tomorrow!  Get ready for some exciting Erotic Role Play!!  Errrr, I mean exciting head chopping, blood splattering action!!!!
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 19, 2008, 11:34:40 PM »

I kept waiting for an in game tell inviting me but it never happened. Left Tortage just before the servers went down.

lv 19 Guardian, Arclight.

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 20, 2008, 12:45:16 AM »

Quote from: Arclight on May 19, 2008, 11:34:40 PM

I kept waiting for an in game tell inviting me but it never happened. Left Tortage just before the servers went down.

Arc (and anyone else not in yet), if you haven't got an invite, please add myself and any of the in-game officers' character names to your friends list (/cc addbuddy [NAME]) and then send me/them a tell in game.  With the amount of people we have, plus the chat interface not being the best, it's easy to miss people.

We'll try to get everyone in asap!
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 20, 2008, 01:36:23 AM »

Quote from: rittchard on May 20, 2008, 12:45:16 AM

Quote from: Arclight on May 19, 2008, 11:34:40 PM

Arc (and anyone else not in yet), if you haven't got an invite, please add myself and any of the in-game officers' character names to your friends list (/cc addbuddy [NAME]) and then send me/them a tell in game.  With the amount of people we have, plus the chat interface not being the best, it's easy to miss people.

We'll try to get everyone in asap!

Let me just say at times the interface in AoC is mind bogglingly pathetic.  To add a friend, I can't go into the friends pane and click add friend to bring up a dialog box to put in a name.  And who the hell thinks /cc addbuddy [NAME] is even remotely intuitive... god forbid they use something like /friend or /addfriend...
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 20, 2008, 03:09:10 AM »

You can also add a friend by going into the Players window (top left icon) and clicking "Search by Name" and selecting the "Add to friend" checkbox.  Another way is to send them a tell or receive a tell from them.  Any recent tells go to the friend list but are dimmed.  You can then click on the dimmed name and add to friend.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: May 20, 2008, 04:37:24 AM »

Note to self - hit the forum to find out what names I need to add to my friends listing so I can get into the guild.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 20, 2008, 02:22:58 PM »

Can i play with the big boys?  can i please?  can i please?

picked it up yesterday but didn't read the fine print in order to find out it wouldn't be open to the general populace until today.  I'll make a character (or twelve) when i get home tonight on derketo.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 20, 2008, 02:43:24 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on May 20, 2008, 02:22:58 PM

only if you make your toon look like Carrottop.

Because I can,
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 20, 2008, 02:51:36 PM »

As I posted on the Wanderers board, I'm picking up the game at lunch today and should be on tonight by 8PM EST. Can't wait to crush some skulls with youse guys.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 20, 2008, 02:55:37 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 20, 2008, 02:43:24 PM

Quote from: hepcat on May 20, 2008, 02:22:58 PM

only if you make your toon look like Carrottop.

i actually have a modified Agnes Moorehead toon I use for my carrottop based avatars.

by the way, i'm really impressed with the character classes they implemented.  I was worried this game would basically consist of barbarians and barbarian archetypes, however the classes listed in the manual all strike me as quite interesting.  how they play is yet to be seen, but i'm anxious to create both an assassin and a necromancer (with a demonologist around the corner).   icon_wink

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 20, 2008, 04:57:40 PM »

Can anybody tell me how long the patch process was after the retail install. Just wondering if I should look forward to actually playing tonight or not.  icon_biggrin
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 20, 2008, 05:37:23 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on May 20, 2008, 04:57:40 PM

Can anybody tell me how long the patch process was after the retail install. Just wondering if I should look forward to actually playing tonight or not.  icon_biggrin

No idea, YK.  It's so whacked out.  You were in closed beta so you remember... you get one big patch, then one small, then another big one, etc etc.  I don't know if the newer ones were in addition, or in place of, the older ones.  The 2 computers I installed on (one from EA one from disks) received completely different sized patches.

All that said, I think as long as the patch server isn't horribly slammed, you should be OK.  There was only one point exactly when EA was beginning that the patch servers were completely bogged down, but it cleared in about 10 minutes.  Patch process maybe took a half hour or so, possibly less.
VegasD
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 20, 2008, 06:32:20 PM »

Hola Wanderers!  Please check this thread as it looks like a few of us are attempting to get forum access back again but have not received a reply. smile

http://www.thewanderers.us/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=19136&start=40
Cortilian
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 21, 2008, 12:29:23 PM »

PM me on the Wanderers board if you need access and haven't gotten it yet.
Debris
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 21, 2008, 08:39:28 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on May 20, 2008, 02:51:36 PM

Can't wait to crush some skulls with youse guys.

Wrong!
Conan, what is best in life?
To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!
That is good.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 21, 2008, 08:42:36 PM »

Quick Guild Update:

Last night, the last time I counted we were up to 40+ members (a couple of alts already so I don't want to inflate the number).  At one point in time we had over 30 people online, a very nice sight to see.  I believe our "release week" membership will end up very close to the 50 we had predicted, which is just about the perfect number IMHO.

Thanks again to all our members, new and old, for making this the biggest guild launch we've had since WoW, and possibly the smoothest (major) game launch in Wanderers history (i.e. virtually drama free)!!!

Look forward to seeing you all in Hyboria!
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 21, 2008, 09:06:14 PM »

I *really* hope for a server merger, although its unlikely to happen, so I could play with you guys...

A new one
Rowdy

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 21, 2008, 10:56:30 PM »

I'm thinking I might sign up for the Wanderers again.  I was Rust in WoW and Gravity Well back in CoH.  Just installing now... who knows if I'll get to play tonight or not at the rate it's going, mind you.

(did this game just tell me I needed 26 gb free to install???)
Alefroth

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 22, 2008, 12:04:57 AM »

Quote from: Rowdy on May 21, 2008, 10:56:30 PM

I'm thinking I might sign up for the Wanderers again.  I was Rust in WoW and Gravity Well back in CoH.  Just installing now... who knows if I'll get to play tonight or not at the rate it's going, mind you.

(did this game just tell me I needed 26 gb free to install???)

The box states 32  icon_eek

Ale
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 22, 2008, 09:55:27 AM »

So I hope it's not too late to join is it? After spending the better part of 30 mins getting ganked in FFA, I decided that was enough. Rolled a priest of mitra on derketo now.
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 22, 2008, 12:51:06 PM »

I take it there are no race restrictions in guilds?  Any race preference for Wanderers or does it matter at all? I made a Snake worshiping Xolti.  Barely got to play yesterday as the father in law came over soon after the servers went back up.  I plan on having a marathon session today when I get back form my job interview and trying out some different race/class combos.  I imagine it will be a bit before I decide on a main.  This is the fist MMORPG I haven't betad since DAOC and I have to say that I might not ever beta again.  It tends to sour me on the early game and take away all the anticipation / excitement of launch.

morlac00 on PSN
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 22, 2008, 01:26:32 PM »

How the heck do you find out your "Pet Points"?  i just realized, after going through 6 levels, that my necro could summon more than one mutilator.  and, when i get those "frozen hatred" spawn pets, it seems i can have up to 4 pets at level 8...however, i can only summon 2 mutilators.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: May 22, 2008, 02:09:33 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on May 22, 2008, 01:26:32 PM

How the heck do you find out your "Pet Points"?  i just realized, after going through 6 levels, that my necro could summon more than one mutilator.  and, when i get those "frozen hatred" spawn pets, it seems i can have up to 4 pets at level 8...however, i can only summon 2 mutilators.

On my Necro, I remember seeing some dots above the window that shows my pets' HP. At my level, I had two empty dots, so I could spawn 2 mutilators. And yes, they'd fill up as you cast your pet spells.

WW
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 22, 2008, 02:38:29 PM »

I still can't figure out how to sent a tell to someone in the guild for an invite. I brough the manal to work to read. When all else fails read the instrutions.  drool

I believe virtually everything I read, and I think that is what makes me more of a selective human than someone who doesn't believe
 WW
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: