http://gamingtrend.com
July 26, 2014, 01:35:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AoC - Wanderers Updates (DERKETO Server)  (Read 19700 times)
rittchard
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: May 11, 2008, 08:46:41 PM »

After careful consideration of the server polls, and virtually unanimous concurrence with the game officers, The Wanderers will play on a Standard server for AoC.

This decision will ensure we have the maximum number of players for the guild at the outset and give us a strong chance to pursue the endgame City Building and Battlekeep content.  I would like to see us work together as a guild and push toward being one of the elite guilds on our server.

As mentioned before, GG/GT/OOers are more than welcome to join us on our quest.  If you have not been to our guild forums before, please sign up at www.thewanderers.us and look for announcements, planning, discussion, etc in our dedicated AoC forum.  (I'm not sure if you get immediate access to the AoC forum, but I'll work with Gedd and make sure we get that all squared away.)

Thanks, and look forward to seeing you all in Hyboria!!!

UPDATE:  Anu did not make it to first release, see you in DERKETO

« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 05:59:19 PM by rittchard » Logged
koanicriddle
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 01:04:23 AM »

Hey Ritt... I just registered to the Wanderers forum (using the name "koanic").  Do I need to post in the recruitment area in order to join for AoC? 
Hamlet3145
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 02:06:04 AM »

Hoo-rah!  icon_cool
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 02:20:16 AM »

wow, I still have a login there from awhile back when I was going to get back into WoW but never did.  If I do decide to get AoC (looks like I will barring anything coming up) I'm definitely not doing PVP, so maybe it's time to re-join.  I was a member back in the DAoC days for a bit.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 06:37:54 AM »

Quote from: koanicriddle on May 12, 2008, 01:04:23 AM

Hey Ritt... I just registered to the Wanderers forum (using the name "koanic").  Do I need to post in the recruitment area in order to join for AoC? 

That would definitely be preferable, will make it easier for us to track since as you probably noticed we have people in different games.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 08:21:11 AM »

US servers, right?

A new one
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2008, 08:54:46 AM »

I'd like to offer the PVP alternative as well. 

I'd really like to play with you guys and miss playing with all of you, but after playing the OB in both pve and pvp modes, the pve was quite boring to me.

We've got a group of 3 so far for PVP-RP, please let me know if anyone is interested in either pvp server with an alt, or would rather do pvp than pve. 

I'm surprised after the excitement that was the Wanderers in Shadowbane that more people didn't want to do the pvp thing.  When OB turned to FFA PvP the game played just like it.

I'll probably have an alt on the pve server just to see you guys, but my time will mostly be on the PvP-RP server.
DArtagnan
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2008, 09:01:16 AM »

Too bad about EU game not being playable on US servers, but at least I'll have less lag (in theory).

Also, I MUST have PVP for this game. I regretted rolling on a PvE server for WoW for years.

Hope you guys have fun slywink
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2008, 11:06:02 AM »

Man, I so love PvP, but I also have times when I just want to mindlessly explore or grind away.
Not sure what to do.

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2008, 11:18:17 AM »

There seemed to be plenty of instances if you wanted to hide and grind, and if you love to explore, just choose a stealth class or bring lots of stamina potions and you should be fine.
Thry
Gaming Trend Reader

Shop smart, shop s-mart

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2008, 12:05:49 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on May 12, 2008, 08:54:46 AM

I'd like to offer the PVP alternative as well. 

I'd really like to play with you guys and miss playing with all of you, but after playing the OB in both pve and pvp modes, the pve was quite boring to me.

We've got a group of 3 so far for PVP-RP, please let me know if anyone is interested in either pvp server with an alt, or would rather do pvp than pve. 

I'm surprised after the excitement that was the Wanderers in Shadowbane that more people didn't want to do the pvp thing.  When OB turned to FFA PvP the game played just like it.

I'll probably have an alt on the pve server just to see you guys, but my time will mostly be on the PvP-RP server.

I would also like to play with the main crowd but I can't justify purchasing the game when I don't enjoy the PvE ruleset.  I like the freedom of the open environment and being able to kill someone that is spawn camping, talking trash, kill stealing, etc.

I'm down for PvP-RP.
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2008, 03:34:35 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on May 12, 2008, 11:18:17 AM

There seemed to be plenty of instances if you wanted to hide and grind, and if you love to explore, just choose a stealth class or bring lots of stamina potions and you should be fine.

Well, you know what I'm going to choose  icon_biggrin

See you ingame!

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2008, 10:33:31 PM »

Quick Update:

Apparently on our forums all you need is to be a "Recruit" and you will be able to see the AoC Forum.  When you first sign up you will be listed as a Visitor.  So if you follow what Gryndyl did, just make a post in the Recruitment forum and we'll take care of the rest.

Once you have access to the AoC forum, please throw a temporary post in the Roster forum.

Thanks and hope to see more of you soon!!
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2008, 10:21:16 AM »

Tried to register on the Wanderers site but it says my e-mail is already in use...I even entered my wife's e-mail to see if that could work, same thing.

Sooooo, I must have joined you guys waaaaay back in the Gone Gold days. As a matter of fact I know I played with the Wanderers in DAoC.

But for the life of me I can't remember my username or password from way back then.

On the Gone Gold forums I used "Gollum"....I know, I know, but it was before Lord of the Rings became so popular that names like Legolas and Gollum weren't so commonly known..anywho...

Is there some way of gaining access?

Grace: Unmerited favor.
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2008, 01:52:06 PM »

Count me in rittch! May the roads of Hyboria run red with the blood of those who oppose us!
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2008, 05:58:36 PM »

Quote from: Arclight on May 13, 2008, 10:21:16 AM

Tried to register on the Wanderers site but it says my e-mail is already in use...I even entered my wife's e-mail to see if that could work, same thing.

Sooooo, I must have joined you guys waaaaay back in the Gone Gold days. As a matter of fact I know I played with the Wanderers in DAoC.

But for the life of me I can't remember my username or password from way back then.

On the Gone Gold forums I used "Gollum"....I know, I know, but it was before Lord of the Rings became so popular that names like Legolas and Gollum weren't so commonly known..anywho...

Is there some way of gaining access?

Hey Arc, I looked for both a "gollum" and a "arclight" but didn't find anything... any other user name you might have had?  Probably your best bet is to PM Gedd for help, and/or post in the "Help I lost access" thread in the Announcements and Questions section.  We'll get it taken care of soon enough :-)
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2008, 06:04:51 PM »

Also should mention I apologize for any confusion with the Introductory/Recruitment posts and CoC on our forums.  As you can probably tell we've been around for so long and in so many incarnations that things have changed quite a bit over the years.  So please bear with us as we get that all revised and don't be intimidated by the voting rules or whatever is described.  If we know you from here or OO, that's good enough to get you in, but please do follow YK, gryn and opti's examples and make an intro post in the Recruitment forum.  This will really help us keep track of everything.

Regarding the game itself, I'll try to post major things (like what server we're on) here, but evenutally game announcements (meetings, activities, contests, or whatever) will all be made only on the main guild forum so as to not unduly spam this forum.  In other words, even if you just want to lurk, it's best to have an account on the guild forum.

In terms of in-game guild invites, I wasn't able to find a / command so if anyone knows please let me know.  Otherwise it appeared to me that I had to have the person selected in order to invite into the guild. 
WW
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2008, 11:40:49 PM »

I'm wondering if I can join with some peeps from wow?

I believe virtually everything I read, and I think that is what makes me more of a selective human than someone who doesn't believe
 WW
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2008, 12:28:38 AM »

Quote from: WW on May 13, 2008, 11:40:49 PM

WW, I'm not 100% sure what you mean - is this a GT/OO WoW guild and now you're considering migrating to AoC?

In any case, check out the original post and head over to www.thewanderers.us to make sure you and your "peeps" feel like it's a good fit.  Just so you know, many of us are from the old Gone Gold forum days and so it's generally a friendly, more mature crowd of people, with a good mix of PvE and PvPers.
koanicriddle
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2008, 01:04:08 AM »

Ritt, any idea how many members of The Wanderers are interested in AoC?  Just curious...
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2008, 01:50:15 AM »

Quote from: koanicriddle on May 14, 2008, 01:04:08 AM

Ritt, any idea how many members of The Wanderers are interested in AoC?  Just curious...

You can check the Roster thread as it keeps growing... 

Conservative estimate is about 25-30.  Generally though we have a Forum Effect when a new game comes out and the numbers jump up considerably in the first couple of weeks, and often old members will reappear and rejoin which is always a lot of fun.  With GT/OO and whoever else comes along, I'm estimating at least 50, though I wouldn't be surprised if it goes higher.  A lot of it will depend on early feedback and how well the launch goes from a technical standpoint, Forum Effect is always unpredictable.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2008, 02:22:54 AM »

I may potentially join, but I've also been talking with some guys at work and I'm not sure what server they are looking to start on.  Once I find out what server you guys are going to be on I may be able to convince them to start on that server, too. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
WW
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2008, 03:02:28 AM »

Quote from: rittchard on May 14, 2008, 12:28:38 AM

Quote from: WW on May 13, 2008, 11:40:49 PM

WW, I'm not 100% sure what you mean - is this a GT/OO WoW guild and now you're considering migrating to AoC?

In any case, check out the original post and head over to www.thewanderers.us to make sure you and your "peeps" feel like it's a good fit.  Just so you know, many of us are from the old Gone Gold forum days and so it's generally a friendly, more mature crowd of people, with a good mix of PvE and PvPers.
Yeah I'm looking for a place to play AoC. I need some new worlds to see. I've been hanging around GG/OO/GT for quite a while. WW

I believe virtually everything I read, and I think that is what makes me more of a selective human than someone who doesn't believe
 WW
Crux
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2008, 03:10:38 AM »

For those interested more in PvP, I have a group of 10-11 together to form a guild on a PvP server. This will be a RP-oriented group, running a mercenary guild. If interested, please shoot me a pm so we can discuss if you'd be a good fit!
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2008, 05:03:01 AM »

Just thought I'd add that most of the old Wanderers group are PvP veterans.  Most of us hold games like Shadowbane in high regard.  The decision to go on the standard server as opposed to FFA was not an easy one and it was mainly chosen so we could get to play with a majority of people from the boards (based on voting results) and have enough numbers to experience city/siege part of the game.  So despite playing on the standard server, a lot of us are going to be pushing to get to the PvP content as soon as possible and find out what the borderlands are about.  In case anyone was thinking that we are only interested in PvE or that there is no PvP on the standard server, well that is not the case.
crumsteel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2008, 01:54:14 PM »

I think I will be picking this game up, I will head over to the wanderers website. Thanks rittchard.
Hamlet3145
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2008, 06:56:58 PM »

In case anyone was thinking that we are only interested in PvE or that there is no PvP on the standard server, well that is not the case.

+1   ninja2
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2008, 07:00:50 PM »

Yes, even though I voted for a standard server, I'm definitely interested in PvP. I just want the epic siege/territorial seizing kind, not the "guy 20 levels higher than me ganked me in the face 50 times while I was trying to finish my Level 10 quest" kind.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2008, 08:24:39 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on May 14, 2008, 07:00:50 PM

Yes, even though I voted for a standard server, I'm definitely interested in PvP. I just want the epic siege/territorial seizing kind, not the "guy 20 levels higher than me ganked me in the face 50 times while I was trying to finish my Level 10 quest" kind.

I'll be interested to see if/how they evolve the FFA ruleset.  I can't imagine people are going to be happy with being killed while in the middle of cutscenes and talking to vendors.  Then again, maybe they do like that and I'm just confused  saywhat
Goldchamp
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2008, 09:27:16 PM »

I'll be in next week on the standard server smile
Jafisob
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2008, 01:58:38 AM »

Quote from: YellowKing on May 14, 2008, 07:00:50 PM

My thoughts and feelings exactly.  I want the instanced consensual PvP.  I don't want the teen on summer break with nothing to do but be a jerk in a computer game ganking me over and over again while talking smack.
Semaj

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2008, 03:21:47 AM »

I miss the wanderers smile

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Eagerly awaiting Drakes Fortune 2...
Cortilian
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2008, 01:22:43 PM »

We will absolutely be PvPing on the normal server.  The decision to not go with the FFA server was based primarily on the ability to maintain numbers in the game and the lack of ability to enforce security within the existing FFA ruleset.  There will be lots and lots of bloodshed on the normal server if I can do anything about it smile.

Welcome to the returning folks and the new peoples.  Good luck on the FFA server Hark and co.  You'll do fine.  Stay stealth and gank, gank, gank.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2008, 01:41:53 PM »

Still waiting on the official release of server names.  I'll be heading to an RP-PVP server, tentatively to Asgard since it's winning the vote, but it's also winning for EU so we'll have to wait and see. 

Basic forums for the pvp chaps is up at www.harkonis.com

Thanks for the good luck Cort, sorry to see you guys split.
Pharaoh

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2008, 05:19:55 PM »

Hark come on, wouldn't you rather be playing with a large supply of people you've gamed with and trusted for almost a decade rather than be on a giant ffa gankfest? Like all of these games, when the rush of pvp is finally over, you'd rather play with people you know, and while having a group of 10+ is awesome, thats going to die down and you'll be stuck alone. PvP exists on all servers!

Come on!
Thry
Gaming Trend Reader

Shop smart, shop s-mart

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2008, 05:29:49 PM »

RP-PVP server is Cimmeria
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2008, 05:39:38 PM »

Quote from: Semaj on May 15, 2008, 03:21:47 AM

I miss the wanderers smile

Well we miss you too, so come on down and join the party!!!
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2008, 05:47:07 PM »

From the info that's been available, it appears to me this game demands a strong mix of PvE players, crafters and PvP players in order to ultimately be successful in the endgame siege content.   Without the mix and people willing to PvE and craft, you won't be able to build a city, and without a city you won't be able to fight for your own guild's battlekeep.  Given the 48v48 limit they announced, I think our numbers are going to be close to optimal for this, and personally I'd like to be fighting for my own guild's city/keep rather than for someone else's.

So the next strategic move will be to recruit Cort's son to gather materials and craft for us.  Anyone else with small children willing to supply child labor also welcome  Tongue
Cortilian
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2008, 06:00:12 PM »

If you can believe it he's now 13 and want's to save up for a car.  He charges now.  I'd be better off buying gold from IGN if he wasn't family.  Dangit.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2008, 06:04:22 PM »

Quote from: Cortilian on May 15, 2008, 06:00:12 PM

If you can believe it he's now 13 and want's to save up for a car.  He charges now.  I'd be better off buying gold from IGN if he wasn't family.  Dangit.

Too old!  Go get busy and have another baby!!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: