http://gamingtrend.com
November 22, 2014, 01:19:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AoC update notes 2nd of june + extra (Updated with unoffical notes)  (Read 2814 times)
Razgon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« on: June 02, 2008, 10:33:19 AM »

General

*Fixed some more server and client crashes.
*An issue which could make NPCs evade forever has been resolved.
*An issue which could lead to pets become unresponsive has been resolved.

GUI

*You should now receive feedback if you try to take items from the guild bank without having enough rank.

Items

*Items in tradepost now show stack-size.
*Resources Gathering: Cotton and Cottonwisp have been fixed.
*Kheshatta: Drop rate for Scorpion plate has been increased.
*Fixed a grammatical error with Knarled Leather. It should now be named Gnarled Leather.
*Boltshock Bangles are now properly classified as "Cloth Armor" instead of "Wrist Armor"
*Thunder River: The quest item 'Smoked Meat' has re-received its visual appearance.
*Field of the Dead: 'Fur of Bloodclaw' will no longer end up in the quest inventory.
*Thunder River: The quest item 'Helvenia's Herbs' has re-received its visual appearance.
*Sanctum of the Burning Souls: The boss drop 'Bloodtainted Hoop' will no longer end up in the quest inventory.

Massive PvP

*PVE Player city buildings should no longer be attackable.

NPCs

*Bartholomo's Wife will now respawn more often.
*Acheronian Ruins NPCs will respawn more often
*It should be easier to deal with Renton's Corrupt Friends when doing the quest Awakening II.

Player Characters

Barbarian
*Finishing Blow damage boost should only affect the first hit after the charge.
*Thirst for Blood should correctly trigger it's stacking damage bonuses for you and your team.

Necromancer
*Pets should not auto dismiss so fast when they cannot reach their owner.

Ranger
*Knee-Capping should no longer trigger Root Immunity on NPCs
*Marked for Death should give the correct damage values for bow/xbow.
*Marked for Death cooldown has been adjusted to 3 minutes like originally intended.
*Critical Aim should no longer fail to execute in some situations.
*Critical Aim duration increased to 10 seconds, but it will instantly terminate on the next ranged hit
*You should no longer get messages about getting non existing abilities when training Eagle Eye.

Tempest of Set
*Triumphant Life of Set has had its total damage dealt per cast increased.
*Triumphant Life of Set now deals the damage over 3 seconds instead of instantly.

Quests

*Old Secrets: Golden Golem should now always spawn.
*The Demon in The Tree: The Demon in the Tree Minions should now always attack the player.
*End Battle: Strom should now respawn, making it impossible to break the last part of the end battle.
*Quests Bloodroot, Concealing the Chinks, Purging the Fallen, and Source of Contagion have been improved in Tarantia Noble.

and..eh..they...I dontknow how to say this, but...Funcom added a new Ability...its..well..DANCE?!?!

General
* Changing instances now requires the player to be close to a resurrection point.
* You can now see what instance you are in, marked by white instance name.
* Stances Animations have been fixed.
* The interface option "Show names always" should now work as intended with NPC's and Players

Emotes
* Following emotes has been fixed/renamed or made usable again.
- squirm_on_ground_f
- exhausted
- flirt_f
- dance_sexy_f
- dustoff
- excitedclap_f
- and many more

Tradeskills
* Weaponsmith
- Several rare crafted weapons have been upgraded and got proper amount of gem slots now, correct item quality & damage.

Abilities
* You now have a dance ability located under your "Abilities and Combos".

Items
* Ceremonial Dagger (blue lvl 18 drop from Underhalls) now has a name, previously the name was just an empty space.

Terrain
* You no longer run straight through the stairs and rock next to Valoz Da Neva in Conall's Valley
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 12:49:05 PM by Razgon » Logged

A new one
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 10:47:48 AM »

Word on the street is that there's another nerf - a reduction to character's boobies. Make of it what you will (and BTW - you no longer need a user/pass to get into the forums).

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 11:02:18 AM »

I'm a bit baffled.  Two increses to abilities on two of the most overpowered classes and still nothing for the weakest.  I'm glad I shelved my character. frown
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 11:10:05 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on June 02, 2008, 11:02:18 AM

I'm a bit baffled.  Two increses to abilities on two of the most overpowered classes and still nothing for the weakest.  I'm glad I shelved my character. frown

well, doesnt the fact that you know have an ability that makes you dance more than make up for that? ;-)

A new one
Thry
Gaming Trend Reader

Shop smart, shop s-mart

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 11:51:43 AM »

I'd like to hear Ranger and ToS takes, but I think those are nerfs not buffs.
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 12:14:26 PM »

I'm just happy they fixed cotton. I can finally get serious with my crafting!
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 12:37:47 PM »

Look for Assassin's to go the way of the Dodo if they don't fix them soon.

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008, 02:02:18 PM »

Assassins already did go the way of dodo on Cimmeria....actually demos and necros were about to as well until the devs posted that huge laundry list of class workover items they were taking on for demos and necros....assassins got fucked by not being included in the list of gimped ass cloth classes.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 02:45:58 PM »

Quote from: Thry on June 02, 2008, 11:51:43 AM

I'd like to hear Ranger and ToS takes, but I think those are nerfs not buffs.

the only increase I see is on the ToS.  the one increase on the ranger sounds like it's only giving you a bit more time to make a shot (don't have any of those abilities yet).

Quote from: Destructor on June 02, 2008, 10:47:48 AM

Word on the street is that there's another nerf - a reduction to character's boobies. Make of it what you will (and BTW - you no longer need a user/pass to get into the forums).

so that's why Proxima wasn't popping out of her clothes anymore.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2008, 05:26:17 PM »

Conquerors suck! If they don't make me awesome, I quit!  smoke

Anyone who thinks they can have this many classes and please everyone all of the time is smoking something funny and not sharing with the rest of us.  stirthepot icon_lol My Conqueror drops like a load of bricks and I'm just not yet at the point of knowing whether the AT type is borked, my points are all poorly distributed, I just suck, or some combination thereof.  icon_razz

I don't begrudge people on the official forums screaming bloody murder about their respective ATs, but when has any mmorpg launch not brought about the same complaints? For that matter, MMOs that have been out 5 years still have people complaining about class-balancing. If they had Diablo's original 3 classes (a melee character, a bow character and a mage), then balancing would be easy. I'm just convinced the price devs and players play for flexibility and a wide range of types is a balancing situation that's pretty much impossible to ever resolve to everyone's satisfaction, esp. trying to accommodate PvE and PvP styles at the same time.

Anyway. Conquerors suck! I quit!  icon_lol

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2008, 05:40:09 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on June 02, 2008, 05:26:17 PM

Anyone who thinks they can have this many classes and please everyone all of the time is smoking something funny and not sharing with the rest of us.  stirthepot icon_lol My Conqueror drops like a load of bricks and I'm just not yet at the point of knowing whether the AT type is borked, my points are all poorly distributed, I just suck, or some combination thereof.  icon_razz

I don't begrudge people on the official forums screaming bloody murder about their respective ATs, but when has any mmorpg launch not brought about the same complaints? For that matter, MMOs that have been out 5 years still have people complaining about class-balancing. If they had Diablo's original 3 classes (a melee character, a bow character and a mage), then balancing would be easy. I'm just convinced the price devs and players play for flexibility and a wide range of types is a balancing situation that's pretty much impossible to ever resolve to everyone's satisfaction, esp. trying to accommodate PvE and PvP styles at the same time.

BJ, there is a huge difference between wanting to be better, and wanting to be viable in the slightest.  Demos, Necros, Conqs and Bear Shaman are all classes that are a bit lacking and probably need more balance.  This is to be expected.

Assassins and HoX are completely broken and not functioning well enough to play the game.  I could go through the huge list of problems, but you obviously don't give a shit and just think people whine because they aren't overpowered.  The quick list is that the manual says Assassins do the most damage, yet a ranger of the same level shooting the same mob does 2x my sneak attack from 20m away while not stealthed.  That's broken.  I'm wearing cloth and have massive amounts of dex, yet a guardian in full plate has 3x the evade chance that I do.  That ain't right.

The final step was when a guardian 4 levels lower than me beat me in pvp by not using ANY combos or abilities after I got the jump on her.  I did a sneak attack, opened up with my biggest combo and got her to 50%.  From there she backed up, pulled out a polearm and ran circles around me swinging normal swings and as a dagger user with no snares, knockdowns, stuns, charges, lunges, etc, I never even hit her again.   If I get a sneak attack off on a mage class and catch them completely unaware, I MIGHT win.  If any class tries to go toe to toe and just stands there, I MIGHT win.  But the sad truth is that the way combat is set up right now, if you either just run away or run in circles, you will beat any assassin that doesn't kill you in one shot.

I've been on the 'gimp' side of classes before and sometimes for many years.  I played a hunter in DAOC and except for the first 2 weeks they were pretty useless in both PvE and PvP until the revamp 2 years later but I stuck with it.  They were not however completely 100% incapable of winning any fight vs someone who knows how to move.

I tend to gravitate towards classes people think are bad just to prove them wrong.  I do the same with builds. There just isnt' anything to work with here.  Squishy armor + no range + no CC = pointless class.  Sadly they will probably 'fix' it by just making the sneak attack do more and then we'll truly be one shot wonders. frown 
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2008, 06:06:24 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on June 02, 2008, 10:33:19 AM

*Old Secrets: Golden Golem should now always spawn.

I've got your Golden Golem right here!!!  So what exactly is that thing... you know, in that place down there?

jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2008, 06:40:42 PM »

another useless patch, gee thanks!
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2008, 06:50:19 PM »

Quote from: jersoc on June 02, 2008, 06:40:42 PM

another useless patch, gee thanks!

I'm pretty sure this part is useful:
Fixed some more server and client crashes.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2008, 06:51:25 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on June 02, 2008, 05:40:09 PM

Assassins and HoX are completely broken and not functioning well enough to play the game.

hark is going to hate me for this, but as I was reading this thread, I was thinking, "What's he talking about my assassin rocks!"

Then I remembered I was playing a ranger. *hides*

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2008, 07:00:35 PM »

Heralds broken? thats the first time I've heard that? NEcros and demonologists yes, and even assasins, but Heralds? I like mine, although survivability is a bit low at times, but, isnt that inheritable in the class?

A new one
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2008, 07:34:48 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on June 02, 2008, 07:00:35 PM

Heralds broken? thats the first time I've heard that? NEcros and demonologists yes, and even assasins, but Heralds? I like mine, although survivability is a bit low at times, but, isnt that inheritable in the class?

I think Hark is talking about PvP.  PvE I have grouped with a few HoX who think the class rocks, but has a few minor issues.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2008, 07:46:20 PM »

Hark just needs to stop being a freaking carebear Tongue

Because I can,
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2008, 07:46:43 PM »

Yeah, class imbalances don't fully come to light until PvP. This makes sense from a development standpoint; it's bound to be much, much harder to balance classes against each other than to balance them against a static AI.
DArtagnan
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2008, 08:07:22 PM »

I think the worst part of class balance is that it will be perceived as imbalanced unless everyone is winning.

I have no doubt AoC is imbalanced, though, and I've already seen signs of extreme futility on behalf of the class developers, but even so they'll never win here. Especially not because they've chosen to make actual player skill count more than pretty much all other MMOs out there, at least for melee classes. That's a real killer - because human beings are notoriously incapable of accepting their own inability to perform well.

But, I think the only thing we can expect as players is for the game to be balanced at max level and equal gear. That's really the only place that makes sense to compare, because the workload of balancing classes from 1-80 is so staggering it boggles the mind.

I personally haven't had a high-level toon in AoC, so I couldn't really say. But I'll refrain from making final judgment until I do.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2008, 08:50:11 PM »

Quote from: coopasonic on June 02, 2008, 06:51:25 PM

Assassins and HoX are completely broken and not functioning well enough to play the game.

hark is going to hate me for this, but as I was reading this thread, I was thinking, "What's he talking about my assassin rocks!"

Then I remembered I was playing a ranger. *hides*
lmao.  That's just EVIL!

BTW, for ther record I was just starting to have enough survivability that I was having fun with PvE when I discovered the polearm technique that rendered my assassin useless in pvp.  Quite frustrating. 

If you stop by the assassin forums you can see all the posts of people who are level 80 and have put their assassins away.  There's also the rather amusing part that people are switching from the assassin to other classes and then going 'omg, this is so easy!' and levelling up to 40-50 in 2 days instead of 2 weeks.  It was quite a shock to myself, I know that.
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2008, 03:52:08 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on June 02, 2008, 05:26:17 PM

Conquerers are a fun and well balanced class right now.  The conq forum reflects that with people who are generally satisfied, having fun, and sharing build advice for the different styles of being a conq.

I have one at level 25 now myself and can appreciate that it is definitely fun, and while not overpowered like ranger and ToS, it is a balanced, capable, and effective class both in group pvp and pve.

So pull your head out of the mud.

Several classes i know of had most of the high level prominent players quitting the class due to severe pitfalls in the class, mostly related to pvp survivability, secondarily due to PvE suitability.   

Those were: Assassin, HoX, and Demonologist.  I don't know about others atm, but those classes have huge fucking balance issues, especially related to survivability in PvP..that is...they have none..

Assassins, and Demonologists, i know for a fact, have this well documented.  The devs acknowledged serious issues with demonologists and necros by promising a detailed complete revamp of the classes...  unfortunately they've said nothing about assassins....and folks are still dropping the class like crazy, for good reason...they suck...especially in PvP.

I had personally quit my demo at one point and signed the list on the forums saying i'd re-rolled off of demo and woudn't play it anymore...but i changed my mind when funcom detailed it's large revamp promise the next morning.  I decided to keep going in hopes of seeing some of that benefit soon, even though i'm nearly hopeless in PVP currently.  Rangers, high damage warriors with knockdowns, and ToS's are the kings of PVP atm and cloth classes especially tend to die in 2 seconds or less to them....rangers can kill any cloth class in one hit usually.  I rather frequently die in 1 shot from a ranger or a knockdown + 1 combo from a fighter... and i've been ganked several times by rangers and fighters 15+ levels below me who charge, execute knockdown, then slay me before i'm up and able to move or cast again.  There is absolutely nothing my class can do to defend against it as our roots, stuns, and knockdowns are extremely short range so we're knocked down and stunned ourselves before we can CC the person assaulting us.

Assassins have it worse cause not only can't they normally use CC due to unreasonable restrictions on it, they don't even have the CC utility that demos normally can't get off...so they're just screwed from the start even if the attacker doesn't execute a good knockdown/stun + combo attack manuever.  At least the demo can do some good IF they manage not to get attacked (never happens since we're super easy first kill targets)...the assassin can't do any good no matter what...
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 04:06:11 PM by Fuzzballx » Logged
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2008, 04:05:36 PM »

one thing - is there anything to substantiate that people are dropping the assasin class, other that general whining?

I had one, only to lvl 16 mind you, but, worked fine there for me...

self-fulfilling prophecies annoy me, people say "thats a bad bad class" - enoug people say it, and people end up believing it, not wanting to credit their (inevitable of course over the course of a game) defeats...

of course there are PvP issues, this is something all MMO's struggle with, year after year after year...work in progress!

A new one
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2008, 04:07:07 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on June 03, 2008, 04:05:36 PM

one thing - is there anything to substantiate that people are dropping the assasin class, other that general whining?

Yes.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2008, 04:16:03 PM »

Quote from: Fuzzballx on June 03, 2008, 04:07:07 PM

Yes.

what? numbers?

A new one
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2008, 04:59:45 PM »

The final step was when a guardian 4 levels lower than me beat me in pvp by not using ANY combos or abilities after I got the jump on her.

While I agree that assassin needs help, I don't think this proves the point.  So you can't 1v1 a Guardian, I think you shouldn't be able to 1v1 any Soldier classes.  You should however have an edge over anyone not wearing heavy armor.  I'd consider that balanced.
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2008, 05:29:29 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on June 03, 2008, 04:16:03 PM

Yes.

what? numbers?

You'd have to ask Funcom as they are the only ones who know for sure.  However, I can't think of any reason why they would divulge this info so unfortunately you are left to ponder it on your own.

morlac00 on PSN
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2008, 05:40:30 PM »

maybe they should just dump pvp altogether  icon_twisted

Because I can,
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2008, 05:54:35 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 03, 2008, 05:40:30 PM

maybe they should just dump pvp altogether  icon_twisted

i've heard whispers around the developer's forum that they're doing just that and replacing it with PVC...Player Versus Ceekay.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2008, 06:30:04 AM »

Quote from: morlac on June 03, 2008, 05:29:29 PM

Quote from: Razgon on June 03, 2008, 04:16:03 PM

Yes.

what? numbers?

You'd have to ask Funcom as they are the only ones who know for sure.  However, I can't think of any reason why they would divulge this info so unfortunately you are left to ponder it on your own.

Take a look at this very very nice survey done over at Europe AoC forums...

people appeaerently ARENT dropping assasins that fast...at least, if these numbers mean anything.

other than that, its quite an interesting poll

http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=9079

A new one
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2008, 05:56:33 PM »

If by interesting you mean useless Tongue

From your link...

"Thanks interesting results.

Its funny how Priest of mitra and guardian are the 2 with more votes in "what class would you NOT play", but both classes are also on top of "what is your class" Tongue"

Plus I didn't see any questions on the poll with percentage of assasins dropped... did I miss that ?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 05:58:25 PM by morlac » Logged

morlac00 on PSN
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2008, 06:44:25 PM »

guardians are 3 and PoMs are 4,  but they only got 326 votes for all of the classes.  Doesn't seem like a good sampling with so few people.

Because I can,
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: