http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 10:08:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AoC Patch notes 16th of June (Stats working!)  (Read 5590 times)
Razgon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« on: June 16, 2008, 09:10:05 AM »

Player Characters

Archetype
New buff counters were added to a number of mage and soldier effects.
All gathering feats should now have the correct proficiency suffix in their name (e.g. 'You need Woodcutting Novice to perform this action' messages).
The Goad ability can be trained and used on a NPC that does not have aggro on you. You must be in combat to use this ability.
The buffs from rogue general feats Concealment, Distraction and Mountaineer will now be removed from characters when they untrain feats.
You can no longer enter spellweaving when climbing or swimming. If you are hiding or crouching and enter spellweaving, you will leave that state immediately.
Assassin
Flesh Rot now applies a separate debuff for each player
Lotus Weapons now applies a separate debuff for each player.
Bear Shaman
Wreck Armor I+II+III combos now have improved visuals and sound.
Conqueror
You may now use Incite the Ranks if Fire Weave is running.
Dark Templar
Soul Barrier's cast time has been reduced from 3 seconds to 1 second.
Changed the Cooldown of Unhallowed Blight III to 20s.
Changed the Unholy Debuff to be 5% on all combos and changed the duration of the debuff to last for 25s.
Reduced the Mana cost of the following spells by 50%:
Aura of Dread Fury (Ranks 1 - 4)
Aura of Infusion (Ranks 1 - 5)
Covenant of Pestilence (Ranks 1 - 4)
Covenant of War (Ranks 1 - 3)
Covenant of Death
Covenant of Invulnerability (Ranks 1 - 3)
Covenant of Vengeance
Drain Life (Ranks 1 - 5)
Demonologist
Waves of Flame now inflicts more damage each tick.
The animation for the Demonologist-spell Unholy Hate has been slowed down a bit.
Resolved an minor issue with Demonologist spellweaving not affecting stamina potion effects.
Herald of Xotli
Resolved a issue with "Blood Pit" so it will always spawn if you successfully kill a minion with the "I Eat Your Heat" combo.
Necromancer
Vile Insight now gives the intended Unholy Specialization as reflected in the description.
Plagued Heart Curse will now correctly increase in damage with more feats trained.
Parasitic Soul Swarm now inflicts more damage each tick.
Pestilential Blast now has an additional skull visual.
Priest of Mitra
Resolved a problem with the priest of mitra spellweaving ability.
Repulse has had its base damage lowered slightly and contribution from bonus magic damage increased.
Cleansing Fire now has a slightly lower manacost and now scales correctly across all levels.
The damage bonus applied to Repulse, Cleansing Fire, and Lance of Mitra from Force of Will has been lowered to the correct amount.
The damage bonus from Improved Repulse has been significantly increased
Ranger
The buffs from ranger stances Shattering Stance, Piercing Stance, Fire Stance and Sniper Stance will now be removed from characters when they untrain feats.
Tempest of Set
Brutal Lightning Strike should no correctly increase the critical strike chance of Lightning Strike.

Mounts
You can no longer be knocked off the horse from the front.
You can be knocked off from the side: more likely by monsters higher level then you and less likely by monsters lower then you. The chance almost drops to 0 if they are grey to you.
Full chance to be knocked off from behind by monsters of higher or equal level than you. Monsters that are grey to you still cannot cause a dismount even from the back
Fixed a problem where advanced mount abilities were being given out by the basic training. Mammoth and Rhino owners - Please use /claim again. This will train the attack abilities associated with these two mount types.

Quests
Dealing with Dila: Dila should now attack.
Hunting the Spider: Quest can now be completed.
The Lost Scouts: Waypoint to Diarmad was fixed.
Oasis of Zaara: Waypoints for quest were fixed.
Flowers of the Snow: The flowers way markers were adjusted.
Paetus and the Nemedian Crown: Waypoint for Armsman's Tavern was fixed.
Rahim & Lord Camillus: had it's journal text modified to point to the correct location.
Death to the Undead: Indicators for minimap were displaying to small. This has been resolved.
The Mark of Acheron: Players will now be able to experience the destiny event in the Field of Chiefs.
The Mark of Acheron: The Mark of Acheron is permanently removed when performing the Medallion Ritual now.
Soul Chamber: If you die in the soul chamber you now lose the tablet in your quest inventory.
Added item rewards for the quests "The Honoured Dead I", "The Honoured Dead II", "The Honoured Dead III" and "The Honoured Dead IV".
Destiny Quest: The quest rewards 'King Conan's Tribute' & 'King Conan's Esteem' can no longer be traded.
The Lost Bottles: Wine bottles will now have a blue flame indicating you can interact with them.
Tradeskill Quests: You can now delete all tradeskill quests but not tradeskill progression quests.
Tradeskill Quests: Resolved various level requirement issues with the quests.
Securing the Caravan Route": Added the correct waypoint for returning to Gua
In the quest "A Curious Encounter" in Field of the Dead Quest, Radi will no longer give the player an amulet.
“The Wolves at our Throats”: Moved the waypoint for the location of the Wolverines, for the quest .
Vistrix now drops his tooth for the quest "Master of the Silver Peacock." The player will need to DELETE their quest, and return to Kalanthes to get the quest again in order for the tooth to drop.

Items
Hood of Jagged Barbs has been revamped.
Added new purple rare drops to world loot.
Conqueror Spear should now look the right size.
Cimmerian Hide Light Wrist item should no longer clip with arms
Khopshef Province: Treasures are now located throughout the province.
Average, Fair, Fine and Superior Meat will no longer end up in the quest inventory.
Crafting Item: Renamed item "Bloodsilver-studded Boots" to "Bloodsilver-mail Boots"
Hek'lar's Accursed Dagger will now appear with the correct icon in the player's inventory.
Fixed an issue with 'Darfari Armbands', they should be visible on female characters and have stats now.
Reinforced Iron Warhammer no longer goes into the quest inventory.
Prices of vendor bought food items have been adjusted.
Vendor bought tradeskill components have updated visuals.
The stack-size of building materials has been raised to 1000.

NPC
Ice Cave: Ice worms should now attack correctly.
The Acheronian Warlord will drop bossloot armor again.
The trader in Lacheish Plains has been removed as intended.
Toirdealbach should now be a more fun and playable encounter.
The Catacombes: Necromancer Undead Warlord should now attack correctly.
Purple Lotus Swamp: Weaponsmith Ethi woke up with his height a bit smaller than what it was yesterday.
Villa Lentulus: Gurges the Nimble should react normally to players.
Yakhmar's Cave: Yakhmar should no longer get stuck if it cannot reach its target.
Kyllikki's Crypt: Kyllikki should reset properly when nobody is in her hate list.
Khopshef Province: Freed Rogue Slave should now use his weapons correctly.
Border Ranges: Greven, Histacus, the Nemedian Adventurer & General Zarathus will all drop Nemedian community loot again.

Playfields
Purple Lotus Swamp: Ladders should now work correctly.
Tarantia Noble: Armsman Tavern - Players should now be able to teleport into the arena by clicking on the door.

A new one
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 09:11:20 AM »

Tradeskills
Obsidian has been renamed to Feldspar.
Weaver quest line: Changed reference to Steelsilk to Gossamer Silk
Orichalcum has been renamed to Duskmetal.
Tigereye Gems will now end up in the resource inventory.
Skinning Trainer will now tell you were to get skins.
Resource nodes can now always be harvested while their health is at 10%.
All crafted Cloth; armbands, wrists, boots and belts can now be worn.
Increased dps on 'Swiftsilver Flat Bow'.
Skymetal Battle Crossbow, Moonsteel Katar and Moonsteel Ratchet Crossbow have all received one free gemslot.
The Weaponsmith Trainer now gives the cooldown warning for the tradeskill quest progression when the cooldown is in effect.
The dialogues of the Resource Gatherer Trainers and Crafter Trainers now check if the player has the appropriate feats set on them, in addition to quests. If the player has the quest to gather resources or craft, but has lost the feat that enables him to do so, the feat is now retrained (to the correct tier).
All crafted cloaks now support the equipping of gems.

GUI
All Assassin abilities which stack multiple times now have a stack count in the buff GUI.
All Bear Shaman, Priest of Mitra, and Tempest of Set abilities which stack multiple times now have a stack count in the buff GUI.
The targeting arrow should now be positioned correctly when targeting a horse, a gorilla or a mutilator
We have implemented a control to the options menu for how often background music plays. Tweak this if you wish to change how often you hear background music.

General
You should no longer do the loot animation while swimming.
Fixed a problem where certain high level monsters wouldn't spawn.
Now all spells can be cast with dagger and staff without problems.
When you train Basic or Advanced Riding, you will no longer be teleported
Fixed an alignment issue with quest indicators over quest NPC's heads.
Locking to raid instances have been fixed. All players participating in a raid will now be locked to the same instance instead of entering a new one after death..
Fixed problem that would cause the resource manager to download the same resource again and again.
Bonus spell damage now increases both minimum and maximum damage, instead of just maximum (average damage will remain unchanged).
Stat bonuses from items (strength, wisdom, dexterity and constitution) will now affect your character properly (Note that strength now directly affects your DPS, not your attack rating).

another very impressive list of updates

It will be interesting to see how much difference the working stats do now. I foresee a huge increase in damage on most classes, both from the stats themselves, and from the items giving extra boosts to stats.

A new one
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 12:24:28 PM »

Nice! Yeah can't wait to see what the stats do either. I've been collecting and using stat items, keeping the faith that they would fix them soon. So I'm currently loaded down with +STR and +CON gear. Cimmeria, prepare for the wrath of SUPER-Khephram!

Nice to see crafting get a little loving too. I've been doing quite a bit of that when I just want some relaxing downtime while I watch TV or whatever. So I'm a bit hooked on it now.
Booner

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 12:40:34 PM »

Hurrah!

I'd been busy as hell last week and didn't have much free time....but the admission that stats were not working at all bummed me out and I did other things with my bit of free time.

Looks to be an AoC week for me. smile

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 01:42:10 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on June 16, 2008, 09:10:05 AM

Purple Lotus Swamp: Weaponsmith Ethi woke up with his height a bit smaller than what it was yesterday.

You know when you're going to have a bad day when... biggrin

Overall, a nice patch. Again.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
StriderGG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 01:49:43 PM »

Damn it, I was probably half asleep when I sold my nice 2h sword with +STR, thinking "who cares stats don't work anyway, I'll use that other sword with +1 to its puer dps.". Lol. smile

Very impressive patch, as usual. Now let's see how much of it actually works smile
StriderGG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 03:14:54 PM »

I foresee a huge increase in damage on most classes, both from the stats themselves, and from the items giving extra boosts to stats.

BTW according to the official forum, damage increase is not that huge. STR adds like 1 dps for every 10 STR (or is it 0.1 dps? I am not sure, I've seen both numbers thrown around on the forum), so the numbers aren't huge at this point.

With current itemization (and providing that the numbers above are actually correct), it can be argued that +dmg items are more preferable if you are after raw dps. On the other hand, STR is also supposed to add to stam regen IIRC and one can probably accumulate a lot of it on various armor pieces.

In any case, it still adds a nice layer to the game, they just need to improve itemization now.

I hope DEX is properly increasing evasion now.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 03:15:32 PM »

maybe I missed it on the list, but I heard rumors that some of the guild buildings were going to start working with this patch too.

but stats working?  hell yeah!  too bad I accidentally sold my one bow with a dex increase yesterday.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
StriderGG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 03:40:59 PM »

According to the devs, bonuses from the buildings are working, but they are not reflected anywhere in the GUI. In fact, this seems to be a common theme with Funcom, considering the quote I am about to post (see below). Of course, there is pretty much no way to verify this.

Anyway, here is the quote from Funcom

Dexterity does affect evade chance, it simply is not reflected in the GUI correctly. The GUI team is looking into getting this fixed soon. Dexterity also increases offhand chance, DPS from certain weapon types, max stamina, and stamina regeneration.

One should not expect too much in an individual sense from attributes as they apply bonuses to a wide range of stats simultaniously.

There will be a guide to these skills posted for the community within the next week or two to clarify any questions with these issues.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2008, 05:24:04 PM »

it's nice to see the assassins got some love  icon_twisted

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2008, 05:28:14 PM »

well between my abilities properly stacking and what I'm guessing is the bonus to offhand attack chance from dex combined with the ability to use kidney strikes every battle (no cooldown now) and it stacking properly also I'm pretty overpowered in PvE for the first time.

Had a lockup right when an even level boss jumped me and he had me down to about 25% hp and I managed to kill him when the lockup stopped.

Still frustrates me in a way though, I have all of these awesome combos with great effects when they go off, but most mobs that I'm fighting don't live through the first 3 moves of the 4 move combos.

I have an ability to lower enemy damage, one to raise my damage on them, one to make them not heal as fast, plenty of ones with dots and some straight dps abilities.  What it comes down to is the faster the combo activates, that's the one to use because the mob will die when it goes off.  All the cool effects are completely wasted and it's a shame.

edit for CK:  MY assassin got some love just because I happen to have Kidney strikes and they took what was a 1 minute cooldown and it's zero now.  It basically doubles my damage every battle now.

I did notice however that I can no longer trigger ANY instant abilities during a combo.  I'm sure this was done to patch the 'exploit' that people were using where they were starting a combo and when one hit from finishing it they would use a charge ability.  This would allow them to rush up to someone, stun them and immediately pop all the damage of a combo finisher on the target.  Now if you choose an ability while doing a combo, it stops the combo and does the ability.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2008, 06:21:16 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on June 16, 2008, 05:28:14 PM

Still frustrates me in a way though, I have all of these awesome combos with great effects when they go off, but most mobs that I'm fighting don't live through the first 3 moves of the 4 move combos.

Go fight something harder, you big baby!!!!  I'm pretty sure Epic/Elite mobs won't die in 3 moves. crybaby crybaby crybaby icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol
StriderGG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2008, 08:42:21 PM »

What it comes down to is the faster the combo activates, that's the one to use because the mob will die when it goes off.  All the cool effects are completely wasted and it's a shame.

That's right, some stuff is for solo, some for grouping, some maybe for raids, some for PvP.

Besides, you can start your combo on one mob and, if the mob dies in the middle, finish it on another (when you are fighting more than 1 mob at a time, which is most of the time). IIRC dealing with multiple mobs was one of the complaints assassins used to have.

These assassins complain about everything - first they complained about being underpowered, now - about being overpowered, what's next? smile
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2008, 10:58:26 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on June 16, 2008, 06:21:16 PM

Quote from: Harkonis on June 16, 2008, 05:28:14 PM

Go fight something harder, you big baby!!!!  I'm pretty sure Epic/Elite mobs won't die in 3 moves. crybaby crybaby crybaby icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol

They don't die in 3 moves, but I do when I fight them. Tongue  PoM has no room to talk slywink
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2008, 11:00:05 PM »

Quote from: StriderGG on June 16, 2008, 08:42:21 PM

What it comes down to is the faster the combo activates, that's the one to use because the mob will die when it goes off.  All the cool effects are completely wasted and it's a shame.

That's right, some stuff is for solo, some for grouping, some maybe for raids, some for PvP.

Besides, you can start your combo on one mob and, if the mob dies in the middle, finish it on another (when you are fighting more than 1 mob at a time, which is most of the time). IIRC dealing with multiple mobs was one of the complaints assassins used to have.

These assassins complain about everything - first they complained about being underpowered, now - about being overpowered, what's next? smile

I have to stealth to be able to really take them down well, and I still have to heal between battles.  I can't chain them together.  I suppose this means I'm still underpowered in the eyes of you two. Tongue

At least I do good damage now.

I swear, sometimes it feels like the two of you are receiving checks from Funcom, God knows they have the money to throw around.
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2008, 12:49:32 AM »

Lets call a spade a spade(stating the obvious here)

The game is in a beta stage condition STILL. Yeah, yeah......Lets state the MMO Mantra......."Whats wrong Arclight, dontcha know all MMO's ship un-finished, they are a work in progress".......Phooey on that cop-out...!

There is a difference between a work in progress and a game not ready for prime time.

They focused so much on the 1-20 and not on the rest, you would think Funcom feel that is enough to launch the game. Well I dont think it is.

I don't think they are going to catch their breath with this game. MMO players are VORACIOUS content eaters. Also super-critical of end game lackings.
I hope they prove me wrong. If they do get to a "full game" status it wont be for another 6 months or so. A tad too late I speculate.

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2008, 07:17:35 AM »

Here are the unannounced changes

Unannounced Changes:

General
- Chain Kills seem to occur more often now.

Quests
- Villa Camillus now has a new quest.
- Experience from Villa Quests appear to be increased
- Some resource quests can't be handed in.

Items
- Ruby Silver has now been properly named "Black Silver".
- Steelsilk Belt. Can't craft the blue version of it. You will get fine steelsilk MITTS.
- Steelsilk Leggings. Can't craft the blue version of it you get fine steelsilk BELT.
- Skewbald Pinto horse now gives -3% sprinting stamina drain instead of -8%.
- "Rageflame Robe" uses a different robe art now.
- "Nadiral Circlet" was renamed to "Nadiral Cowl" and also had its model changed.
- Several "Scorpion Cave" loots that were previously missing their names have been fixed and now got proper names assigned to them.
- The dagger from the Lich in Catacombs is no longer invisible, it now has a sort of short-sword sized dagger graphic.
- The 'Bloodseer Vest' has drastically changed graphics into a dark blue robe. Still called 'Bloodseer Vest', so might have been an unintended change.

World Environment
- Traders are now active in Guild Cities. Still no sign of other NPCs however.
- Alarms have been changed, when an NPC spots you and sets off the alarm, it triggers all NPCs in the area to run around looking for you as well as the normal 4 mobs patrol that spawns.

Classes

Bear Shaman
- Bear Shamans do not have "Wreck Armor", they have "Crush Armor" which has ranks I+II+III+IV. "Crush Armor" animation has no change, for this reason.

Conqueror
- All Battle Shouts now have a Sound effect.

Guardian
- "Overreach" now has an addition to its animation.

Assassin
- "Kidney Shot" CD removed/missing. (Lotus Spec)

Bugs
- Gems still do not appear on the Trader after being searched for.
- Guild members having problems stacking resources in the bank. These have to be removed, stacked in one's own bag and then placed back into the bank
- Players that have previously completed the ritual to remove the Mark of Acheron still bear the mark.

"Presumed" Bugs (These are not bugs, but many presume they are)
- Stack sizes have increased to 1000, however this is ONLY for building resources.
- Stats have increased DPS, Spell Damage and Stamina/Mana Regeneration. However, it's a very small adjustment, and might not be noticed by all players.

A new one
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2008, 12:03:10 PM »

Added item rewards for the quests "The Honoured Dead I", "The Honoured Dead II", "The Honoured Dead III" and "The Honoured Dead IV".

I did this one last night. There were about 6 weapons to choose from as a reward in addition to the hammer that most people seem to have received before the patch.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2008, 01:14:20 PM »

Conq-wise, they seem to have revamped the Batter Aside animation (at least for Batter Aside III). Not sure if that's good or bad (the "old" animation was quicker), but now you seem to do this exaggerated 2 or 3-step maneuver with your weapon and then you tuck it up under the target and knock them back. The old one was just grabbing your sword blade (or other weapon edge) in your hands and making a sweeping motion.

Playing
PC
-Halfway (sci-fi, turn-based squad strategy)
StriderGG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2008, 02:11:47 PM »

I swear, sometimes it feels like the two of you are receiving checks from Funcom, God knows they have the money to throw around.

Speaking of which, Rittch, have you received the cheque for May? I still haven't and I am not sure if I should call their Accounting departemnt or start bashing AoC like the people on Blizzard's payroll.

biggrin
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2008, 05:25:35 PM »

Quote from: Arclight on June 17, 2008, 12:49:32 AM

Lets call a spade a spade(stating the obvious here)

The game is in a beta stage condition STILL. Yeah, yeah......Lets state the MMO Mantra......."Whats wrong Arclight, dontcha know all MMO's ship un-finished, they are a work in progress".......Phooey on that cop-out...!

Hehe, one man's "impressive patch list" is another man's "shit that should have been fixed in beta". smile

But seriously, I guess I have become more jaded or spoiled as time has gone on in terms of my level of acceptance of a MMOL game's shipped state. I know for a fact in this day and age a MMOL game company can ship a solid product on day 1. I have seen it done. I saw Mythic do it with DaoC and Blizzard do it with WoW. So, the bar has been set, there it is. If a game can't meet that bar, well, they will fail to secure me as a customer. Simply as that. Falling below that bar, to me, just sucks all the fun right out of the game anymore.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2008, 05:48:00 PM »

Quote from: StriderGG on June 17, 2008, 02:11:47 PM

Speaking of which, Rittch, have you received the cheque for May? I still haven't and I am not sure if I should call their Accounting departemnt or start bashing AoC like the people on Blizzard's payroll.

biggrin

I'm still waiting for my money!!!!   saywhat

Side note: Here's the thing.  I am as critical a person/player as anyone here.  If I felt like it, I could get all my negative energy focused and post 10 pages of criticisms on AoC, or for that matter on any MMORPG out there.  But instead, I choose to stay focused on the good side of things as much as possible, and try to enjoy things for what they are.  The fact is none of these games are perfect, and as we've discussed no release has been perfect, so I'd rather have the game out to play, warts and all, than sit around month after month refreshing my email hoping for a beta invite to "the next big thing"   icon_razz   At the very least I feel like these guys are trying to fix things, 2 patches every week means at least they are working hard.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 05:49:42 PM by rittchard » Logged
StriderGG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2008, 05:58:17 PM »

I know for a fact in this day and age a MMOL game company can ship a solid product on day 1. I have seen it done. I saw Mythic do it with DaoC and Blizzard do it with WoW.

I won't even comment on that anymore. smile
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2008, 01:50:04 PM »

Quote from: StriderGG on June 17, 2008, 05:58:17 PM

I know for a fact in this day and age a MMOL game company can ship a solid product on day 1. I have seen it done. I saw Mythic do it with DaoC and Blizzard do it with WoW.

I thought he was being sarcastic?  Nobody is that mentally challenged...
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2008, 01:58:22 PM »

I respeced as a conflag demonologist last night, and i havn't played it much yet but so far i'm liking it better than i was liking Havok for a number of reasons.. which i'm not familiar enough with yet to detail:)

I like, too, how the conflag demo seems to have a little better group utility.  I also took the 2 point feat that beefs up the "regen" pet's regen buff which is a group buff...that feat is fricking amazing...now i see how demos can possibly spellweave indefinitely even at high levels.

The conflag demo is, undoubtedly, capable for far higher burst damage and damage over time than the havok demo.  The only caveat is that apparently there is no equivalent of bombardment which means i have shorter range...but so far that isn't bothering me much..if someone's far away from me they aren't threatening me either...  I took most of a week off from the game, so i hadn't really played much for a while till i did this last night and was having fun.

Also, a non-quest side boss mob dropped a really cool blue staff in the level 60 main quest dungeon last night, though it looks like it's  primarily a necro staff, it's good enough and looks so cool that i'm using it:P

morlac

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2008, 02:47:46 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on June 17, 2008, 05:48:00 PM

Quote from: StriderGG on June 17, 2008, 02:11:47 PM

biggrin

I'm still waiting for my money!!!!   saywhat

Side note: Here's the thing.  I am as critical a person/player as anyone here.  If I felt like it, I could get all my negative energy focused and post 10 pages of criticisms on AoC, or for that matter on any MMORPG out there.  But instead, I choose to stay focused on the good side of things as much as possible, and try to enjoy things for what they are.  The fact is none of these games are perfect, and as we've discussed no release has been perfect, so I'd rather have the game out to play, warts and all, than sit around month after month refreshing my email hoping for a beta invite to "the next big thing"   icon_razz   At the very least I feel like these guys are trying to fix things, 2 patches every week means at least they are working hard.

Don't make me come over there and tip over that half full glass of water!

morlac00 on PSN
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2008, 12:23:56 PM »

Quote from: Fuzzballx on June 18, 2008, 01:50:04 PM

Quote from: StriderGG on June 17, 2008, 05:58:17 PM

I thought he was being sarcastic?  Nobody is that mentally challenged...

I was not being sarcastic at all. Both DaoC and WoW shipped a solid product on day one. Was it without issues, no, but it was pretty damn solid. Like stats actually worked.  icon_lol
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2008, 08:24:08 PM »

Quote from: Toe on June 19, 2008, 12:23:56 PM

I was not being sarcastic at all. Both DaoC and WoW shipped a solid product on day one. Was it without issues, no, but it was pretty damn solid. Like stats actually worked.  icon_lol

Stats working doesn't do a whole lot of good when you're sitting in a queue for an hour waiting to login  saywhat
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2008, 08:28:44 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on June 19, 2008, 08:24:08 PM

Stats working doesn't do a whole lot of good when you're sitting in a queue for an hour waiting to login  saywhat

Whats that about? They have queues ala WoW in AoC now?

Grace: Unmerited favor.
StriderGG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2008, 08:34:51 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on June 19, 2008, 08:24:08 PM

...or when one (or more) of the world's servers (western continent, eastern continent or instance) keeps going down... kicking you to the desktop and forcing you to sit in a queue for another hour. smile

Whats that about? They have queues ala WoW in AoC now?

No, AoC doesn't queues. It's just a reminder on how solid WoW was at launch.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 08:37:21 PM by StriderGG » Logged
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2008, 08:56:31 PM »

Wasn't it spirit that for a long time in WoW was utterly broken/useless?
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2008, 09:06:41 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on June 19, 2008, 08:56:31 PM

Yup. The 'bonus' it gave to health/mana regen absolutely wasn't worth it.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2008, 01:40:52 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on June 19, 2008, 09:06:41 PM

But it did work, just was not very effective. That is a big difference from all stats having zero effect when it was intended for them to effect character's performence.

As for queues, that was not the result of a poor/shoddy product, it was the result of unanticipated demand. One server out of 100s having issues is not really what I would consider a significant product/quality issue. I am talking about the core of the game when the game went retail. DaoC was not 100% perfect either, but, again, it was solid when it was released. Does that mean not a single player had a CTD? Of course not.

morlac

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2008, 03:43:52 PM »

We must have different selective memories because I did not resub WOW after my free time because:
Every server I rolled on had a que, 45 minute waits on one where all my friends were (trying) to play.
when the above was combined with the loot lag and game crashes I spent well over half my game time waiting.

morlac00 on PSN
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2008, 03:51:26 PM »

Quote from: Toe on June 20, 2008, 01:40:52 PM

Quote from: Destructor on June 19, 2008, 09:06:41 PM

But it did work, just was not very effective. That is a big difference from all stats having zero effect when it was intended for them to effect character's performence.

As for queues, that was not the result of a poor/shoddy product, it was the result of unanticipated demand. One server out of 100s having issues is not really what I would consider a significant product/quality issue. I am talking about the core of the game when the game went retail. DaoC was not 100% perfect either, but, again, it was solid when it was released. Does that mean not a single player had a CTD? Of course not.

Correct me if I am wrong here, but it was only stat bonuses from items that were not working in AoC, at least that is what the patch notes seemed to indicate.  WoW had numerous issues at launch, such as horrendous loot lag, auction house lag, zone crashes/continent crashes, lots of falling through the world issues, problems with the boats dropping people in the middle of the ocean, and poor patching system just to mention some...there were quite a few servers that had to have daily downtime for the first few weeks.
StriderGG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2008, 04:06:15 PM »

Well, in AoC from day one Constitution did give more health, same as Intelligence did give more mana. So it was not "all stats having zero effect".

As for queues, that was not the result of a poor/shoddy product, it was the result of unanticipated demand.

That was a lame marketing excuse they used. In reality, their servers could not handle the number of players they planned for them to handle (which was demonstrated by a regular lag, severe loot lag, server craches, etc.). So in order to fight that, Blizzard lowered the number of people that could play on a server at the same time and introduced queues.

As soon as they resolved their technical issues with server (and database) performance, they increased the players cap, effectively removing the queues. Which was like a year (maybe two, I don't remember, I quit playing by then) after the launch.

One server out of 100s having issues is not really what I would consider a significant product/quality issue. I am talking about the core of the game when the game went retail.

I wasn't talking about some servers (as in Bloodhoof or Whisperwwind) having issues. Every game server used to consist of 3 "server clusters" (for a lack of a better word), each of which was responsible for a separate part of the world - western continent, eastern continent and all instances. Later on they added a 4th cluster, responsible for the Outlands.

What was happening for quite some time after release (on ALL game servers) is any one of those "clusters" would go down, kicking all affected players to the desktop. So at some point during the evening, you would see 20 people from your guild giong offline, because they happened to be in the instance, when the instance "cluster" went down.

There is no doubt, Wow client side was very solid from day one (in large part thanks to the graphics being far from the cutting edge at the time). At the same time, however, there is also no doubt (for an objective observer anyway) that AoC server stability, performance and availibility is very impressive from day 1 and is FAR better than WoW's at launch.

In the end, even when you do CTD in AoC, you can get back into the game within a minute, while when you did CTD in WoW (mostly due to the server crashes), you could go and grab something to eat, because you were not going to play for another 30-45 minutes.

Which is more "solid"? You pick.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: