http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 09:17:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AoC Patch - May 27th Edition  (Read 2168 times)
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: May 27, 2008, 01:56:56 PM »

General

* Grouped players that are apprenticed will now get their kill XP capped to the correct level.
    * Characters should now always get zoned back from a PvP game
    * Characters should now be able to move away from their spot, without the server thinking that they are hacking
    * Using a lower rank ability should not lock up your character anymore

Quests

* Players should no longer lose destiny quests if their quest log is full
    * Corrected some typos in various quest texts
    * Updated directions in the quest "A Dangerous Challenge"
    * The flame on the Torch of Eiglophian will now die after a while in Fields of the Dead.

Playfields

* Fix a lot of graphics lag issues caused by particles in Tarantia Noble, Field of the Dead and Eiglophian Mountains which should result in much lesser lag in those playfields

Player Characters

Necromancer
    * Necromancer - you no longer lose the Cannibalism spell when investing the second feat

Guardian
    * Guardian - Fixed a problem where the third rank in Counterstrike Stance was not giving you the damage shield while in defensive stance.

Bear Shaman
    * Bear Shaman should now correctly recieve Blood Flow (Rank 3), Claws of Stone (Rank 2), and Spirit of the Bear (Rank 2) at level 40. (Note: If you are past level 40, you will gain these spells at level 45, 50, or 55 instead.)

Dark Templar
    * Feat - the Dread Shadow pet will successfully spawn again.

NPCs

* Ragall the food and drink merchant has received a fresh stock of merchandise.
    * Ranger archetype NPCs will no longer cause issues with the player's HP displayed incorrectly.

Crafting

* Bow/Crossbow now require wood
    * More than 50 alchemy items have been added to vendors

City Building

* Requirement checks and consumption of resources when building PVE city buildings should be fixed.

GUI

* Changed the chat colors to be more like what players are used from other games.
    * The guild chat text is now green
    * Removed the DirectX 10 option from the option panel.
    * Removed the 'Remove from Spellbook' functionality
    * OOC chat channel should no longer be inactive after teleports.

**A note about traders and banks: We are fixing the traders and the banks but some exploits would still be possible with the version we have now. We know how important it is to have traders and banks back in the game but the system must work absolutely correct before we put them live again. The possible exploits that would result when this is not ensured would lead to much bigger issues for all players.

Thank you for your understanding.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 01:58:20 PM »

and now for the unofficial ones

General
* Various framerate improvements
* HP regen seem to work now
* Crashes and Lag seem better in FoTD and other zones
* No reported crash at exit
* Some reports of shinier avatar textures (NEW)
* Camera "swapping" while turning camera has been improved (NEW)

Classes
* Demonologist
- Cooldowns added to Shockblast, Waves of flame, Living Firestorm, Inferno of Amber and Hellfire stream.

* Necromancer
- Unholy Hands - Only working, scaling spell we have gone from 0 seconds cooldown to 45 seconds - no mention in the notes.

* Tempest of Set
- Quicksand now has a 30 second cooldown
- Idol of set is now working as intented (1 up at a time)

* Ranger
- After executing the Salvo combo, arrows are being shot at a considerably lower speed, thus it's a massive nerf to burst damage.(NEW)

UI changes
* Group members now have a much larger and visible icon (blue potion bottle)
* The select instance button is much bigger and move obvious.

Tradeskills and resources
* Alchemist tier 2 quest unlocked
* Cotton gathered before the may 27'th patch may be unusable, and they wont stack with cotton gathered after the patch (NEW)

Mounts
* Mammoths are faster and better turn
* Speed on horses were scaled down
* Mammoths are now as fast as horses

you can see them here:

http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=18115

A new one
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 02:33:13 PM »

Thank God they changed the guild chat color. I was almost ready to start editing .ini files. Glad they fixed the PvE city building as well.

Still, the continuing lack of traders/banks sucks.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 02:40:58 PM »

* Ranger
- After executing the Salvo combo, arrows are being shot at a considerably lower speed, thus it's a massive nerf to burst damage.(NEW)

well fuck me, that was what kept me alive a bunch of times when mobbed.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Hiccup
Gaming Trend Reader

I have personal text.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 03:50:18 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on May 27, 2008, 01:58:20 PM

General

Hopefully I'll be able to get past the 14 FPS barrier.  One destiny quest instance had me at 4 FPS.  mad

Just a little hiccup.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 04:41:16 PM »

Quote from: Hiccup on May 27, 2008, 03:50:18 PM

General

Hopefully I'll be able to get past the 14 FPS barrier.  One destiny quest instance had me at 4 FPS.  mad

sadly, my framerate was killed today :-( or rather, system "hangs" ran rampant..

A new one
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 04:46:04 PM »

Yeah guild chat (a certain blinding shade of purple) was making my eyes go ga-ga.

I'd like some way to disable the "default chat tab" feature. I tend to bop between different tabs, but this "default" feature means your chat window abruptly shifts to the one you set as default (it's just a hassle to keep setting a tab to default to keep your cusor there) -- I'd rather just be able to bop between variouis tabs and keep my chatting cursor active in the one that I've switched to (if someone knows a way to disable that feature please let me know).

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
Godzilla Blitz

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 04:49:50 PM »

Quote from: Hiccup on May 27, 2008, 03:50:18 PM

General

I imagine you know this, but just in case...

Someone last night posted in guild chat that you can turn off the shadows to greatly increase framerate. Worked nicely for me.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2008, 05:48:28 PM »

I was disappointed to find that some of the 'crucial' mount skills can't be used on the rhino and mammoth.

Quick dismount and rear kick in particular.  I've seen both in dev videos and not sure why they don't work in live.
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2008, 06:06:37 PM »

Well fuck me sideways.

I definitely have to group up now as a Havok Demonologist.  No cooldown on shockblast was the thing that kept me alive half the time when fighting 2+ mobs.  I thought the insane mana cost was the detractor to it but now we have insane mana cost plus cooldown on it....at least until i get wicket bolts and just force lightning the shit of stuff and send it flying...

Pure nuker no can solo no more...must sacrifice burnt offerings to Kato and Thry immediately.

Sidenote....or not so side...AoC runs on my laptop now..didn't change anything on the laptop...so apparently they fixed whatever broke it on the laptop...sweet...and it actually fucking outperforms my PC in some ways....that slams it...i'm buying vista home for my home pc....fuck me for supporting Microsoft...i know..but what i can do...i do.  Also need to try that dumbass "use high settngs instead of low for better framerate trick" i found dozens of people saying works on the tech forum when i get home today...

5 minutes after i loaded up conan 15 minutes ago i saw a message that servers are coming down again for a 4 hour maintenance (US servers)...so wtf...another 4 hours today of downtime...just after i found out i can play while at work...at least i get work done today then...damn.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 06:09:38 PM by Fuzzballx » Logged
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2008, 06:22:16 PM »

Wow this thread has so many people getting f-ed, I'm not sure if I should be distrubed or excited.   eek
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2008, 06:29:46 PM »

I'm almost always like that....i'm not actually pissed....it's a good day...with good patch changes...
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2008, 06:40:58 PM »

Quote from: Fuzzballx on May 27, 2008, 06:06:37 PM

Well fuck me sideways.

5 minutes after i loaded up conan 15 minutes ago i saw a message that servers are coming down again for a 4 hour maintenance (US servers)...so wtf...another 4 hours today of downtime...just after i found out i can play while at work...at least i get work done today then...damn.

By CROM!

This is the second time since I have bought the game that I have finally got a nice chunk of the day set aside to play the thing.  Both times it's been down.  Curses!  I really wish they would check with me first.  At this rate I'll be in Tortoga until the first expansion.

morlac00 on PSN
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2008, 06:45:29 PM »

Are Raz's notes legit? I don't have a europe account so i can't read their boards, apparently i'm not worthy  Roll Eyes

If so, I freakin hope they improved the framerate. What's with funcom releasing horrible clients? You think the disaster and failure of AO was a big flashing red light
Booner

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2008, 06:48:12 PM »

*crosses his fingers in the hope that the 2nd downtime = Traders/Banks, so that he can store some of his loot instead of dumping it off for a few tin coin*
StriderGG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2008, 06:58:40 PM »

Quote from: morlac on May 27, 2008, 06:40:58 PM

Quote from: Fuzzballx on May 27, 2008, 06:06:37 PM

Well fuck me sideways.

By CROM!

This is the second time since I have bought the game that I have finally got a nice chunk of the day set aside to play the thing.  Both times it's been down.  Curses!  I really wish they would check with me first.  At this rate I'll be in Tortoga until the first expansion.

I say they should be turn off the servers around 2 am EST, get some fixes in and turn them back on around 7 pm. Every day smile So many people are playing during the day I am jelous.

My wish list includes the mob disappearance bug, disconnects and traders. I hope they fix them today. Or asap smile
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2008, 07:21:11 PM »

Quote from: StriderGG on May 27, 2008, 06:58:40 PM

I say they should be turn off the servers around 2 am EST, get some fixes in and turn them back on around 7 pm. Every day smile So many people are TRYING TO BE playing during the day I am jelous.

My wish list includes the mob disappearance bug, disconnects and traders. I hope they fix them today. Or asap smile

Fixed for ya slywink

morlac00 on PSN
Booner

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2008, 08:44:29 PM »

This afternoons patch note make me happy!

General

* Traders and Banks are now available again
    * Fixed some server and client crashes
    * Invite to groups is no longer case sensitive

GUI

* Added Character Right Click Menu to the Chat

Hurra!  icon_biggrin
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2008, 02:47:14 PM »

well, my FPS can now range between 15 and 111.  I usually only hit 15 when I enter a new zone and then it bounces back up to 30-40, and underground last night I was averaging 80 FPS with 111 at one point.

oh, and I'm not sure they nerfed Salvo like they are saying on the forums.  I have Salvo II and other than the animation seeming to be a bit slower I haven't noticed any difference in the damage output.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 02:50:14 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: