http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 07:30:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AoC official forum Dev Postings of note  (Read 32219 times)
Blackjack
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: May 20, 2011, 03:17:42 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 20, 2011, 02:49:05 PM

Quote from: Blackjack on May 20, 2011, 02:38:32 PM

I think I still have it installed though I imagine I would have some hellacious patching to do. I wish there was some way to calculate whether it would be quicker to patch like mad, or d/l the latest client.

won't the patcher tell you how much you have to download?
I dunno. I haven't played in a year.  icon_smile

I guess what I mean is I don't now if "patching speed" and "downloading the new client speed" are apples-to-apples comparisons. I'll probably just patch -- I don't think I'm sooooooo far out of date that downloading the whole updated client would save time. I'm not really in a hurry anyway, I guess.

Playing
PC
-Halfway (sci-fi, turn-based squad strategy)
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 20, 2011, 03:21:29 PM »

I downloaded what I thought was the client - it was just the shell...took me 15 hours to get it all...not the fastest of servers they use I'm afraid.

A new one
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 20, 2011, 09:03:47 PM »

How NOT to run a promotional "welcome back" event:  Tried to log in using the account that they tell me is mine.  User info works fine on account web page, doesn't work when logging into game.  Send email to customer service.  They respond that my account is active per the promotional email they sent me yesterday.  Try to log in again.  Tells me no valid account.

Uninstalling.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 20, 2011, 09:13:45 PM »

haha!  HepCat is an invalid!

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 20, 2011, 09:55:57 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on May 20, 2011, 09:03:47 PM

How NOT to run a promotional "welcome back" event:  Tried to log in using the account that they tell me is mine.  User info works fine on account web page, doesn't work when logging into game.  Send email to customer service.  They respond that my account is active per the promotional email they sent me yesterday.  Try to log in again.  Tells me no valid account.

Uninstalling.

Remember, that your funcom account and your AoC account login is not neccesarily the same. This is since funcom has multiple games you can have under the same funcom account.

For instance, my funcom login is IlovehepC but my AoC login is HepClovesme.

A new one
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 21, 2011, 01:29:56 PM »

Its not forum account - its Funcom account that is different from your AoC account login name.

A new one
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 23, 2011, 02:26:22 PM »

I dabbled a bit over the weekend. While I still generally enjoy the combat, I think what I find tough in revisiting any MMO is that my upper level characters (I have 43, 58 and 72 characters, and used a couple of "off line" leveling points on them) feel like total strangers to me. I hardly know how to play them, what combos to hit, where to go finding new quests. I can certainly look all that up, but it's hard for me to just jump back in and play competently after so much time away.

Tortage is still fun, but going back through all that again seems like a moot point albeit a decent way to remember how to play.

I still have some weird (probably ATI-related) texture "pop in" issues, where things look good up to a certain distance and then they go totally blurry, even with the draw distance turned up near max.

Playing
PC
-Halfway (sci-fi, turn-based squad strategy)
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 24, 2011, 03:53:31 PM »

And, age of conan gets another expansion!

http://community.ageofconan.com/wsp/conan/frontend.cgi?func=publish.show&template=content&func_id=3305&table=CONTENT

It will tie into the movie, and will be in the homeland of conan, appearently!

A new one
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 25, 2011, 07:21:21 AM »

sweet!

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 27, 2011, 05:34:07 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on May 23, 2011, 02:26:22 PM

I dabbled a bit over the weekend. While I still generally enjoy the combat, I think what I find tough in revisiting any MMO is that my upper level characters (I have 43, 58 and 72 characters, and used a couple of "off line" leveling points on them) feel like total strangers to me. I hardly know how to play them, what combos to hit, where to go finding new quests. I can certainly look all that up, but it's hard for me to just jump back in and play competently after so much time away.
The control scheme is demanding, especially when trying to jump back into a higher level character.  When the first expansion came out I did exactly what you mentioned, leveling up a new character to relearn everything.  Once I got my new character up to the same level as my existing characters, I felt comfortable jumping back into my existing level 60s. 

The good news is that leveling is so much faster now.  I got my new character and one of my older characters up to max level much faster than I expected (with help from offline leveling).  It's almost too fast now because I was constantly outleveling content. 
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: