http://gamingtrend.com
July 29, 2014, 09:34:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AoC Character Art, etc  (Read 18620 times)
Harkonis
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2008, 08:33:43 PM »

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 09:06:14 PM »

So, those tattoos are supposed to be that dark. I saw some of them and I didn't know if they were graphic glitches or not. Looks good.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2008, 10:43:24 PM »

Snakes.  Why did it have to be snakes?

Will the real Kublai please standup?

Mikagami
Gaming Trend Reader

Click Clack Click Clack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 09:55:13 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on May 18, 2008, 09:06:14 PM

So, those tattoos are supposed to be that dark. I saw some of them and I didn't know if they were graphic glitches or not. Looks good.

Yeah they are.
Some of the Stygian face tattoos make you look like freggin' Darth Maul.
They are so dark that you cant even make out the nose or lips on the face.

Shame the face paint on doesn't go over facial hair.

Gonna eat your face
DArtagnan
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 10:01:58 PM »

Lond - Stygian Assassin - aka Evil Mofo

Some vistas from Acheronian Ruins for your viewing pleasure smile

Bat Boss (don't click to avoid spoiler)

« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 10:04:27 PM by DArtagnan » Logged
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 11:30:20 AM »

Got a new HUD GUI I'm using, it's from our old friend ledmirage.

Booner

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 12:58:50 PM »

Arrr!!! Seeing the other screens has me ready to upgrade my GPU in the next month. I think it's high time I ditch the 'ol 7800GS AGP and join the PCI-e cool kid crowd.

That said...it still looks surprisingly good on medium settings with low textures....so I can suffer with it until I get an upgrade. smile
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2008, 05:17:16 PM »

I've started to use Picasa's collage feature as a quicker way to share a few screenies. I put in about 4-5 hours this morning, and had a fairly good time with the game...

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2008, 05:44:29 PM »

Well, maybe a few closeups are in order still.  icon_smile

Blackjackian early:

Blackjackian a bit later (about Level 8-9):

A memorably meanie enemy...

Just a guard, character models look really good

And a lot more geysers of blood than I recall in beta (though decapitations for me are still quite rare, seen maybe 2 today)

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2008, 05:59:57 PM »

If you perform a combo move as the killing blow your chances of a special move (like decapitation) are pretty good.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2008, 02:57:25 AM »

I've mostly gotten to 16 today just banging keys almost at random, so figuring out combos is next on my agenda.  icon_mrgreen

I didn't think climbing would amount to much, but I really enjoy it when it comes into play on quests, or gives you different ways to get through areas. And it just feels sort of refreshing for an MMO. And they've put in all kinds of different ladders (rock cliff ladders, slat ladders, rung ladders etc.). I wonder if ladders have their own design staff.  icon_razz

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2008, 01:03:20 PM »

I just found/noticed that climbing point in the Ruins today.  Makes for a really nice shortcut.

Kato, Hark, and I ran across a critter that has no level.  He's huge, and has big red skulls on either side of his name.  I think Kato got a screenie or two of it.

It also obliterated us all in like 2 hits apiece.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2008, 01:15:08 PM »

I should've added, it doesn't even have to be a ladder, per se.  icon_smile

I love that the Conqueror has a lot of "two hand weapon-specific" combos and skills. Most MMOs and Hack'n'Slashes just steer you away from them but I love using them in this.  icon_cool Learned a defensive stance at 18 that makes it less painful to use (and you can use buffs to make up for its damage-loss).

Some pics I likey...

I have to admit, it took me almost all day to realize that I should've been hitting attack-direction keys matching that tiny pop-up bar shown here (to get the combo to trigger). I guess it's impressive (ridiculous?) I got 17 levels before realizing that.  icon_redface smirk

Thank you, EngineNo9, for mentioning combos resulting in more decaps in this thread cause that's what made me finally realize I wasn't taking advantage of combos properly.  icon_smile Doh...

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2008, 02:28:19 AM »

I finally saw a couple players (level 40s) racing by on their mounts. I had a hard time getting screenshots (they may be slower than horses, but they're fast). Here's a couple of glimpses...

Rhino

Mammoth

You don't take damage from just accidentally running into 'em or anything (least not in pve). It's still a bit jarring to see them for the first time.  icon_cool

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2008, 02:42:04 AM »

I gotta take a break, this has really consumed me today. I really have had a helluva lot more fun with this than my beta experience suggested I would. That's almost becoming par for the course for me.  icon_razz

Last clump of screenies.

If you get some AI buddies beside you, it's a lot of fun (melee) to wade right into the thick of things...

I don't think I was able to "win" this but I had a lot of fun.  icon_biggrin

And a couple of scenery shots. I mean, every MMO has great scenery these days but I guess it's a tradition to share shots like this.  icon_smile

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2008, 04:52:44 AM »

In an effort to keep myself from buying this, I went back into WoW on a server that some guys at work are on, and I spent the last two days leveling a belf up to around 20.

I've always thought WoW looked nice, but compared to the shots in this thread it looks downright primitive.  Conan is just one damn nice looking game.

It's also not encouraging to know that at 40, in Conan I could be riding around on a mammoth or rhino, while in WoW, I get to look forward to riding an ostrich.  *facepalm*

YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2008, 05:16:17 AM »

A shot of Khephram, introspective after a long day of battle.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 05:19:24 AM by YellowKing » Logged
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2008, 06:08:39 AM »

This game is almost to the point of pushing me to buy a new computer.  My home system is now crapping out with texture corruption and lock-ups (in both Conan and LOTRO) so not being able to play it when I have time is killing me. 

The Rocketman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2008, 08:21:08 AM »

A common view for any starting player, but a good one nonetheless :-)

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2008, 09:50:34 AM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on May 26, 2008, 06:08:39 AM

This game is almost to the point of pushing me to buy a new computer.  My home system is now crapping out with texture corruption and lock-ups (in both Conan and LOTRO) so not being able to play it when I have time is killing me. 

If you can be patient it may pay off.  a LOT of the problems are game and programming related and not really equipment.  Unless you have really old stuff.  People with decent rigs are having problems that just shouldn't be happening.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2008, 01:22:24 PM »

So far the only techie problem I'm having (my blabbed about HP quad core 6700, 8600GT card, Vista Ultimate 64-bit, 4GB RAM) is the game crashing every time I exit/log out. The guild I'm in says about 90% of players have that problem (which is really more of a post-game annoyance than anything game-affecting). Maybe the update going in this morning will do something about it. Of course the horrors of PC flexibility is someone with the exact same system might be having problems.  icon_confused

I did have a situation where textures wouldn't "load" fully until I was on top of something. I found that moving the slider that affects "quality view distance" in-game seemed to mostly remedy that, fwiw.

Couple more screenies, since servers are down 4 hours for an update this morning. I think still a couple more hours to go.  crybaby

Teamed with another melee type who knocked someone into next week.

Yetis are a pretty fun beastie to battle. I rarely can catch the "Batter" skill in action (you sort of grab your blade with your left hand and then sweep it across targets, knocking 'em back -- it can be a real lifesaver).

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2008, 06:27:55 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on May 26, 2008, 09:50:34 AM

Quote from: EngineNo9 on May 26, 2008, 06:08:39 AM

If you can be patient it may pay off.  a LOT of the problems are game and programming related and not really equipment.  Unless you have really old stuff.  People with decent rigs are having problems that just shouldn't be happening.

No, my home system is just plain old crap.  It is basically their min-spec with a slower CPU.  Also, I was having texture issues and lockups in LOTRO in the couple weeks before AoC came out, so it's not a Conan technical problem.  I've been using my work computer to play AoC for the most part, but I'm sick of driving in to work on the weekends just to play.

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2008, 03:49:56 AM »

I have a hard time catching fatality screenshots (the animation's so fast), but here's a couple:

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2008, 10:19:15 PM »

Looks like my webserver host is down.

Anyone know of a place I can store a few files about 10mb each?

Got some vids to share.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2008, 12:04:10 PM »

Kato getting excited while Thry does his Firestarter Gone Bad impression
Thry and Kato rocking out, Jesus rocks with the Good Book
The PvP vid I posted before with my ass vs bs
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2008, 12:09:08 PM »

I'm going to try and post some pics later of my Guardian in Full Plate.  I want to wait a few levels until I get a matching set because right now I look pretty FABULOUS. Fabulous
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 12:59:12 PM by USMC Kato » Logged

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2008, 12:12:12 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on May 28, 2008, 10:19:15 PM

Looks like my webserver host is down.

Anyone know of a place I can store a few files about 10mb each?

Got some vids to share.
I know you mean hosting the actual file. I had used a video sharing site called putfile.com, but like practically every other streaming video hosting site they switched to a convert-to-Flash format that tends to blur videos no matter what size you make them.

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2008, 01:50:09 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on May 29, 2008, 12:04:10 PM

I assume you popped some sort of healing pot early in the fight against the Bear Shaman?  You were outhealing a healer there.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2008, 02:31:28 PM »

I have a healing ability that is on a 2 minute timer, it's pretty nice slywink  I popped that plus my 30% dodge bonus and a healing pot all at the same time which amounts to a large positive in my hp smile
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2008, 02:46:30 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on May 29, 2008, 02:31:28 PM

I have a healing ability that is on a 2 minute timer, it's pretty nice slywink  I popped that plus my 30% dodge bonus and a healing pot all at the same time which amounts to a large positive in my hp smile

Interesting, of course it is also odd that he didn't use the stun or knockdown on you, that could have been a difference maker, unless he tried and missed.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2008, 03:39:36 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on May 29, 2008, 02:46:30 PM

Quote from: Harkonis on May 29, 2008, 02:31:28 PM

Interesting, of course it is also odd that he didn't use the stun or knockdown on you, that could have been a difference maker, unless he tried and missed.

He stunned me right off the bat.  I have an anti-knockdown that I triggered at the beginning and it absorbed his knockdown as well.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2008, 07:55:27 AM »

I finally (just haven't had the time/energy to play last couple of days much) reached 30 in the wee hours. So I switched to mostly ring armor, and upgraded various swords (there's a nasty 2-hand Falcata available at that point).

But as cool as the ring armor is, it's just hard to look macho in a skirt (although Russel Crowe pulled it off in Gladiator, and Mel Gibson in Braveheart, technically speaking). I just hope Blackjackian's wearing underwear.  eek icon_razz

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2008, 05:51:56 PM »

Here's a glimpse of a horse mount.  icon_cool Excellent horse sounds, fwiw, with a very distinct cloppity-clop.  icon_smile

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2008, 07:24:26 PM »

I always enjoyed a good cloppity-clop.

A new one
El-Producto

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2008, 08:38:56 PM »

Indiana Jane

"Goonies never say die"
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2008, 12:23:22 AM »

Ouch!  eek This was the nastiest fatality I've been able to trigger so far (granted, I was beating up on lower level mobs  icon_razz).

It was a pretty wild animation, with the Conquerer slicing the head off, and then *both* arms. A bit of overkill, but a Roman Gladiator crowd would've loved it.  ninja2

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Belhazamar
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2008, 02:01:35 AM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on May 29, 2008, 12:09:08 PM

I'm going to try and post some pics later of my Guardian in Full Plate.  I want to wait a few levels until I get a matching set because right now I look pretty FABULOUS. Fabulous

Can't wait to see it.  I am torn between my Dark Templar (Kaphideus) and the Guardian.  The armor factor with me is pretty big, I like heavy plate wearers.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2008, 05:20:17 AM »

A couple better horsie shots, a fellow player slowed down for a bit.  icon_cool I'm approaching 35 so hopefully I'll get to try one soon (didn't pre-order). I'm eager to see how the mounted combat works. I've not to this point seen any (mostly just 40+ers going through older areas, but not actually doing mounted combat).
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 05:21:55 AM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2008, 05:41:12 AM »

Quote from: Belhazamar on June 01, 2008, 02:01:35 AM

Quote from: USMC Kato on May 29, 2008, 12:09:08 PM

Can't wait to see it.  I am torn between my Dark Templar (Kaphideus) and the Guardian.  The armor factor with me is pretty big, I like heavy plate wearers.

Here are some pics of my lvl 66 Guardian questing in Thunder River

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2008, 04:23:47 PM »

Yeah I'm envious icon_cool, Conqueror is limited to half-plate later on I hear. I think a little more variety in armor color (not garish, but some subtle differences), cape designs etc. would be nice in terms of differentiating players a bit more down the line.

Tryin' a little group gameplay streaming video...
Click here to watch Age-of-Conan-group-combat-gameplay

And a solo "splurch" video. Well, I got splurched. I hope they make the interface elements/toolbars detachable at some point. I would like to move the health meter up a little further into my main line of sight (which is something I did in CoX and LOTORO). Otherwise I tend to lose sight of how my health meter's doing which is sort of what happened here. And the Beserker was chasing someone else, and then decided to pick on me.  icon_razz
Click here to watch Age-of-Conan-solo-combat-gameplay

I love Batter (the skill that knocks 3 down in this), but I forget sometimes that it's a great way to escape an ugly situation. I guess my inclination is too much to say "Yeah! Gonna kick 'em while they're down!" rather than "This would be a great time to leave."  icon_razz

These are all blurrier than I'd like, but I haven't found a streaming video site yet that doesn't Flash convert my crispest videos into something that makes you think you forgot your glasses/contact lenses.  disgust
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 04:47:55 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: