http://gamingtrend.com
October 30, 2014, 07:13:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone still play CS:S?  (Read 2922 times)
Harpua3
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 01, 2005, 07:55:27 AM »

After YEARS of playing cs in one form or another, I quit, or so it seemed...I`ve been busy with BF2, COD2, WOW, ALOT of stuff. For some reason I started to play cs:s again, just here and there though. Well, I realised that I`ve played it every night this week. My addiction has started again!
 So, anyone here up for some cs:s sometime? I`m usually on pretty late. Post if your up for it!
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 12:41:47 PM »

I still play on occasion, and right now I'm forever looking for more reasons to test out the graphical might of my new PC biggrin

I'm also usually on pretty late, but only on Tuesday through Thursday.

The other nights I work.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2005, 12:26:43 AM »

Sure I'm up for it, started to get back into the habit of it. Fun stuff.

Ascendent
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2005, 02:23:18 AM »

I dont play any more. I just got too annoyed with the random lag and crazy hitboxes.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2005, 02:44:17 AM »

Nuke's just been released for Source - was always a fan of that map, wonder how it looks now.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2005, 04:31:06 AM »

I played from beta 3 to that release i think was 1.0. I got tired of all the cheating and it got kinda boring. I was always number 1 or 2 and never below 4th place. So I left. Over the years since Ive gone back for a few rounds..even CS:S but two things keep me from enjoying it like I did.

1. Its still filled with jerks and cheaters and people who bitch STILL if you're bad or good.

2. I seem to suck now. I get killed from nowhere, around corners, hell I could die in an enclosed room and not know who shot me or from where.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2005, 08:09:26 AM »

Quote from: "Daehawk"
I played from beta 3 to that release i think was 1.0. I got tired of all the cheating and it got kinda boring. I was always number 1 or 2 and never below 4th place. So I left. Over the years since Ive gone back for a few rounds..even CS:S but two things keep me from enjoying it like I did.

1. Its still filled with jerks and cheaters and people who bitch STILL if you're bad or good.

2. I seem to suck now. I get killed from nowhere, around corners, hell I could die in an enclosed room and not know who shot me or from where.

I agree with ALL of the negative. I`ve played since beta 2 or 3, can`t remember :wink: . Still, it is fun!

I can`t sleep, anyone on? After my steam and its game are updated, ill pop back. If anyone wants to join me...?
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2005, 09:12:25 AM »

WOW!  :shock:  

If you liked de_nuke before or not, I think you`ll like this remake. The graphics are crazy when CS:S uses that new lighting. I`ll be playing alot of that map for sure!
Creepy_Smell

Load"*",8,1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2005, 05:34:13 PM »

I used to play a lot but haven't played much since the old server I played on for years died. It died a bit before CS:S came out and had a semi revival but never recovered as most of use moved to other games or new servers but not just 1 server.

I like playing with the same group and not just totally random people. I played a bit of CS:S on another server I liked but havent played in months. If I play a multi FPS lately I've mainly been playing Coop (JoinOps or Raven Shield).

I wouldnt mind playing a few rounds again though.

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2005, 06:10:00 AM »

Quote from: "Creepy_Smell"
I used to play a lot but haven't played much since the old server I played on for years died. It died a bit before CS:S came out and had a semi revival but never recovered as most of use moved to other games or new servers but not just 1 server.

I like playing with the same group and not just totally random people. I played a bit of CS:S on another server I liked but havent played in months. If I play a multi FPS lately I've mainly been playing Coop (JoinOps or Raven Shield).

I wouldnt mind playing a few rounds again though.

When is good for you? I`m all CS:S right now!  :?  It got me again.

I agree though, I played on the same server for YEARS with the same people with beta 3ish through the release of cs:s. It`s great to play this game with the same people day in and day out. A way better experience than random servers. But, i`ve been suprisingly interested in finding a decent server that is well populated to settle in to once again.
Creepy_Smell

Load"*",8,1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2005, 10:20:18 PM »

I can normally play between 8-11 S-Th or 8-whenever Fri/Sat Central time. Sort of just play a bit when I can. Xfire would be the best way to play a map.

I'm on xfire as creepysmell so either ask for invite or I'll send you one.

I was too busy this weekend to really play though I did squeak in a map or two late sunday night with some older clannies. I'm trying to find out if they always play there or just server hop.

Oh how I missed unloading full clips into people less than a meter from me and all my bullets missing smile

It was still fun and the updated maps are so purty.

Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2005, 07:47:36 AM »

Harp, I'm up at odd hours now just like yourself and wouldn't be against playing some late night CS.

Do you use Xfire or have Aim or anything?

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Maggot
Gaming Trend Reader

Calculating Infinity

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2005, 01:55:59 PM »

I just played it yesterday.... Sucked tho....
It was very long since i played it... 2 months i think smile
Mattc0m

Hardcore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2005, 06:48:31 PM »

I still play. But I've always played somewhat constantly (a couple times every month), so I keep my chops up and I'm still pretty good at scoring the headshots.

matt "mattc0m" richards
new project: GamesCast TV: eSports Television
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2005, 09:37:28 AM »

I got your invite creepy smell. We`ll play soon if you want. My xfire name is Harpua3 you guessed it, so anyone feel free to send me an invite and we`ll play.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2005, 04:53:07 PM »

Quote from: "Mattc0m"
I still play. But I've always played somewhat constantly (a couple times every month), so I keep my chops up and I'm still pretty good at scoring the headshots.

Thats another thing Ive noticed about CS now is the number of headshots. It used to be someone would get one every now and then but these days its all I hear the announcer say..headshot!headshot! headshot!..I dont like that. Makes me think cheating is going on.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Mattc0m

Hardcore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2005, 05:23:49 PM »

Quote from: "Daehawk"
Quote from: "Mattc0m"

Thats another thing Ive noticed about CS now is the number of headshots. It used to be someone would get one every now and then but these days its all I hear the announcer say..headshot!headshot! headshot!..I dont like that. Makes me think cheating is going on.

It's mainly because Headshots are the most effective way of killing someone. Even with an AK or M4, your going to need to hit the person 3-4 times, somtimes even more, to kill them from full health. You learn to aim for the head and score those headshots after awhile - because that's only a 1 or 2 hit kill.

matt "mattc0m" richards
new project: GamesCast TV: eSports Television
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2005, 10:20:48 PM »

While it sure seems like cheating alot of the time. Some people are just REALLY good. I should be with as much time as I`ve put into CS over the years, but not so much.  :wink:
Creepy_Smell

Load"*",8,1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2005, 10:29:49 PM »

It seemed to me that after one of the versions was released that the headshots became easier. Somewhere between 1 and 1.6 I think. Not sure if they changed hitboxes or what.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: