http://gamingtrend.com
July 29, 2014, 01:41:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone hear of the MMO, Tera?  (Read 11587 times)
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: April 15, 2012, 05:02:02 PM »

Eric, I'll also be on Celestial Hills. I have a Castanic Berserker named Aeris. My plan has been to hook up with the folks in the <Roleplayers> guild (serves as a training ground for those new to RP) but the head of the guild has been AWOL for about a week, so not sure exactly what is up.

Quote from: ericb on April 15, 2012, 02:25:57 AM

Quote from: skystride on April 14, 2012, 11:30:13 PM

Which server would I reserve my name on?  Is the list of servers in beta the same as live?

I picked the only RP PVE server listed...there are 10ish servers listed now including 3 PvP but I'm hoping the RP server will be a little better with community policing and attitude.  No way I'm going free for all PvP after my experiences in beta...people were camping new players almost immediately and chat was middle school level at best.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 16, 2012, 07:52:06 PM »

I'm on there under Mara...Human Archer.  I'll be hitting one of the light RP guilds at start (joined Dark Sun Rising).  There's a good list here:

http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/celestial-hills/topics/Celestial-Hills-RPPVE-Official-Guild-List

EDIT:  Managed to hit 22 and run one complete instance.  Like it a lot, has some areas that could be tweaked but no major problems.  Leveling is slowing down some but still quick and the Korean grind is definitely gone.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 12:58:34 AM by ericb » Logged
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 17, 2012, 02:35:19 AM »

Btw, I'm not going to be in game at all this weekend, unfortunately.

Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 24, 2012, 08:28:24 PM »

So the Open Beta finished. I got up to L26 with a Bezerker. Here's my take aways on the game:

+ The action oriented combat is good. I like that you have to manually target monsters and learn the monsters tells so you can block/dodge. It does make things more interesting.
+ The graphics are pretty decent but not as great as I was expecting
+ Interface is intuitive and I particularly like setting up chains, where one spell will allow you the option of casting a second spell you chained to it with the spacebar
+ It's easy to switch from one instance to another (great for when a bunch of people are going after the same mob)
+ Love you can switch your armor/weapon bonuses by swapping out a few crystals on the fly rather than having to carry around multiple armor/weapon sets for specific circumstances

- Quests are boring. I quickly lost interest in what was going on. At random times some quests trigger cut sequences but those cut sequences seemed kinda pointless
- Zones have little personality to them. They are mainly flat open areas with a few items (stones/trees/fences) placed here and there. There's no winding trails, streams or nooks to discover.
- Kinda along with the last point, the L20 dungeon I went in to was very basic with the simple layout of small square room with mobs -> short hallway -> larger square room with boss. The dungeon was completely flat so there were no winding pathways where you're working your way down in to the depths of the dungeon, there were no unexpected events that occured, or any puzzles to solve. I'm really hoping the other dungeons get a lot more complex and interesting than this one.

I had fun in the beta but not sure how long this one will sustain me. Without interesting quest lines it basically comes down to the combat which will only keep me interested so much. And I really hope the zones get a lot more interesting because so far they have been pretty generic with little personality. Still I pre-purchased and am looking forward to playing again when it starts up.
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 25, 2012, 08:41:41 PM »

There's something about the combat that I really enjoyed a lot and forgave the game for all the other mediocrity.  I'll be playing this until Diablo 3 comes out.  I was in a level 18 area fighting a group of 10 normal mobs and the combat just clicked with me.  For the first time I was using my health vamp skill to stay alive.  I was weaving in and out.  It was a close fight but I survived.  It's fights like this one that makes me want to play this game more.  I was actually slightly sad the OB ended on Monday because I wanted to play more!  The early levels are just too easy and might turn some people off.  But if you stick around longer, you can experience a really great combat system.
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 28, 2012, 01:42:59 AM »

Quote from: skystride on April 25, 2012, 08:41:41 PM

There's something about the combat that I really enjoyed a lot and forgave the game for all the other mediocrity.  I'll be playing this until Diablo 3 comes out.  I was in a level 18 area fighting a group of 10 normal mobs and the combat just clicked with me.  For the first time I was using my health vamp skill to stay alive.  I was weaving in and out.  It was a close fight but I survived.  It's fights like this one that makes me want to play this game more.  I was actually slightly sad the OB ended on Monday because I wanted to play more!  The early levels are just too easy and might turn some people off.  But if you stick around longer, you can experience a really great combat system.

I agree 100%.  I was very surprised how much I liked the Open Beta, the combat is much better than typical MMOs.  I will also be playing this until D3 comes out.

TERA may not be a MMO that you play for a year straight, but it's a very fun and polished game.
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 28, 2012, 08:17:49 PM »

I'm onCelestial Hills with my Zerker, Mollie. Made it to 10 this morning. Done with Isle of Dawn soon.

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 01, 2012, 04:26:04 AM »

Hey Misguided, skystride and I are both on Celestial Hills too.  Probably going to play the next couple of weeks until Diablo 3 comes out smile 
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 01, 2012, 03:42:45 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on May 01, 2012, 04:26:04 AM

Hey Misguided, skystride and I are both on Celestial Hills too.  Probably going to play the next couple of weeks until Diablo 3 comes out smile 

I still have credit at Gamestop......may pick up a copy.  I'm so weak  icon_cry

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 01, 2012, 03:50:10 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on May 01, 2012, 03:42:45 PM

you noob, you wouldn't even play the beta with me!  ninja
USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 01, 2012, 03:58:46 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on May 01, 2012, 03:50:10 PM

Quote from: USMC Kato on May 01, 2012, 03:42:45 PM

you noob, you wouldn't even play the beta with me!  ninja

yeah, I'm not too big on betas anymore.  I know they are usually free, but now I would rather play a game fresh with no beta baggage. 

Semper Fidelis

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 01, 2012, 04:01:40 PM »

paying retail for 15 days or less off an mmo is kinda silly though, no?  (diablo, Max Payne even if not Sniper way before that)
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 01, 2012, 05:12:15 PM »

The chat on this server is so sad.  There goes the theory that RP servers are usually more mature.  Login at any given time and there will be a conversation going on about pedophilia or some other sick perversion.  I thought it would only be like that during open beta but apparently not.
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 01, 2012, 05:14:07 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on May 01, 2012, 04:01:40 PM

paying retail for 15 days or less off an mmo is kinda silly though, no?  (diablo, Max Payne even if not Sniper way before that)

It will probably be f2p pretty soon so we can always go back when there's a lull.  I just don't see how the game will survive with a standard pay model.
USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 01, 2012, 07:25:42 PM »

Picked Tera up.  Making a toon on Celestial Hills (Most likely a Lancer)

Semper Fidelis

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 02, 2012, 02:29:59 AM »

Game is really good for this type of MMO, just the timing 2 weeks before D3 is so unfortunate.  Hopefully it will sustain long enough we can come back and revisit :-)

Character names on Celestial Hills:

Rittchard
Kublai
Mollie
USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 02, 2012, 02:31:02 AM »

Quote from: rittchard on May 02, 2012, 02:29:59 AM

Game is really good for this type of MMO, just the timing 2 weeks before D3 is so unfortunate.  Hopefully it will sustain long enough we can come back and revisit :-)

Character names on Celestial Hills:

Rittchard
Kublai
Mollie

Character name: Kato

Big suprise huh?

Semper Fidelis

skystride

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 02, 2012, 07:45:50 PM »

I took this video last night.  Kepow asked me to post it so here it is.  This video more eloquently describes why the combat in Tera is better than any other MMO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvVoItD_iKc
Hotfreak

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 03, 2012, 03:47:13 AM »

Quote from: skystride on May 02, 2012, 07:45:50 PM

I took this video last night.  Kepow asked me to post it so here it is.  This video more eloquently describes why the combat in Tera is better than any other MMO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvVoItD_iKc
For some reason, that video reminded me of Blade of Darkness. 

This one is on the house...and this one is better than ever...
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 03, 2012, 06:43:20 AM »

Yeah, area chat is not RP, and the few people I've seen try have been castigated for it. This is precisely why I don't usually keep general chat open unless I need something.

I am nearing level 27. Looking forward to running some dungeons soon. Berserker is a blast and I'm getting a little better at fighting BAM's. I actually engaged a Kumas the other day (quest mob) before I realized what it was and managed to solo it, which was fantastic. The one thing I don't like about playing a berserker is that you are expected to stand at the side or rear to attack (minimizing damage taken) but I find it very hard to get a sense of attack patterns from there.

Timing is nuts, with Diablo and TSW betas on the doorstep. I'll be splitting time between Tera and Diablo/TSW/Borderlands 2 in September, but will be playing Tera long term in some capacity for the long haul.

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 03, 2012, 09:13:45 PM »

Don't know if you guys saw this Penny Arcade strip about their conundrum with today's mmorpgs:

The Ultimatrix
http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2012/05/02
And Tycho's thoughts:
After a long, long stretch of games which more or less attempted to duplicate World of Warcraft, games whose white ribs now reach up out of the sand or have taken on some twisted new form - thereís a crop out there in various states of completion that is showing us some new things.  Well, thing.

Theyíre all showing us new thing.

Thatís less true in the case of Guild Wars, which is to say it isnít true at all; theyíve pulled up class roles, death, questing, weapons, and skills by the roots and fed them through a chipper shredder.  They have a thinly veiled hatred for the status quo, which I respect in absolute terms.  You get hooked on the writing and story production of a Bioware Game, and The Old Republic was no exception; both of these games have serious things to say about Player Vs. Player also.  But the way you interact with these new ideas is the same way you have been interacting with the old ideas, which is by clicking on a whole lot of little boxes.  This can have the effect of blunting their successes.

Tera, whose launch Iím substantially enjoying, is fun to actually play.  Itís not ďfunĒ insofar as is it is satisfying, or addictive, or any of the other stand-ins for immediacy and player engagement.  But itís dangerous to make all the bets at once, and while being fun can take some of the sting out off scraping off Kyrongi pelts, Tera has the point to point quest chain deathmarch stuff to keep players moving through the world.

I canít tell you about its endgame or whatever, I donít have any idea what it is.  I donít know if Iíll be playing it in a year.  Iíll tell you what Tera does do: it makes you ask hard questions of every other Massively Multiplayer experience.  You miss these things when you donít find them somewhere else.  
I commend anyone trying to innovate the space. It seems like the main advantage GW2 has in the end is the absence of a monthly fee.

This does remind me of all my pompous little proclamations about SWTOR. That while I enjoyed it, at times I felt like I was doing City of Heroes missions in 2004. And I loved COH for years, but it's 2012. There's got to be more to mmorpgs than me being a monkey bashing 47 different hotkeys, tagging AI-stupid targets who run back to their starting point after chasing me for a while, rinsing off mob after mob of "3 targets all standing around waiting to be killed," and hunt quests upon hunt quests.

That can't be all there is to the mmorpg genre, can it?  icon_neutral I still think it mostly boils down to server limitations. That's there only so much AI processing to divvy out on a server, and only so many players you can realistically cram onto a server before lag becomes unbearable, etc. So we're stuck in these traditions that date back to Everquest, if not UO. Sorry, I digress. We probably have a thread all about this kind of theorizing, right?  icon_smile
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 09:19:55 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 03, 2012, 09:38:09 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on May 03, 2012, 09:13:45 PM

Don't know if you guys saw this Penny Arcade strip about their conundrum with today's mmorpgs:

The Ultimatrix
http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2012/05/02
And Tycho's thoughts:
After a long, long stretch of games which more or less attempted to duplicate World of Warcraft, games whose white ribs now reach up out of the sand or have taken on some twisted new form - thereís a crop out there in various states of completion that is showing us some new things.  Well, thing.

Theyíre all showing us new thing.

Thatís less true in the case of Guild Wars, which is to say it isnít true at all; theyíve pulled up class roles, death, questing, weapons, and skills by the roots and fed them through a chipper shredder.  They have a thinly veiled hatred for the status quo, which I respect in absolute terms.  You get hooked on the writing and story production of a Bioware Game, and The Old Republic was no exception; both of these games have serious things to say about Player Vs. Player also.  But the way you interact with these new ideas is the same way you have been interacting with the old ideas, which is by clicking on a whole lot of little boxes.  This can have the effect of blunting their successes.

Tera, whose launch Iím substantially enjoying, is fun to actually play.  Itís not ďfunĒ insofar as is it is satisfying, or addictive, or any of the other stand-ins for immediacy and player engagement.  But itís dangerous to make all the bets at once, and while being fun can take some of the sting out off scraping off Kyrongi pelts, Tera has the point to point quest chain deathmarch stuff to keep players moving through the world.

I canít tell you about its endgame or whatever, I donít have any idea what it is.  I donít know if Iíll be playing it in a year.  Iíll tell you what Tera does do: it makes you ask hard questions of every other Massively Multiplayer experience.  You miss these things when you donít find them somewhere else.  
I commend anyone trying to innovate the space. It seems like the main advantage GW2 has in the end is the absence of a monthly fee.

This does remind me of all my pompous little proclamations about SWTOR. That while I enjoyed it, at times I felt like I was doing City of Heroes missions in 2004. And I loved COH for years, but it's 2012. There's got to be more to mmorpgs than me being a monkey bashing 47 different hotkeys, tagging AI-stupid targets who run back to their starting point after chasing me for a while, rinsing off mob after mob of "3 targets all standing around waiting to be killed," and hunt quests upon hunt quests.

That can't be all there is to the mmorpg genre, can it?  icon_neutral I still think it mostly boils down to server limitations. That's there only so much AI processing to divvy out on a server, and only so many players you can realistically cram onto a server before lag becomes unbearable, etc. So we're stuck in these traditions that date back to Everquest, if not UO. Sorry, I digress. We probably have a thread all about this kind of theorizing, right?  icon_smile

Tera sounds nice. I did some reading on it some months ago. But with 'Diablo III', 'Guild Wars 2' and 'The Secret World' out in the news 3-4 months, I just can't get into this MMO. I'm more interested in 'The Secret World' than 'Tera'.
skystride

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 03, 2012, 09:41:22 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on May 03, 2012, 09:13:45 PM

I disagree.  GW2 combat is different from other MMOs.  Compared to Tera, there are fewer skills in GW2 that you have to actively aim but there are still lots of them that don't tab target.  GW2 also has active evades and blocking.  While I think Tera has tighter controls, GW2 makes up for it by having a much larger palette of skills to play with than Tera.  Group combat is also more interesting in GW2 because of cross class combos.  I think GW2 combat has the best long-term potential because of variety while Tera is more short-term like an action game.  I mean I love playing Bayonetta but I think the combat would get old if I played it for years.
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 03, 2012, 11:00:48 PM »

I've been outspoken with my hatred of how BioWare pretty much just put a paint job over WoW when they made SWTOR, but looking at that combat video posted above, I don't get it.

I guess I'm just too much of a PvP guy, but that combat against that big guy looked boring as hell. Wack it, wait for it to turn to you, then move to the side and wack it some more. Repeat. Blech.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 03, 2012, 11:13:59 PM »

There are more exciting videos of the combat vs a BAM (Big Ass Monster), sadly Kub's does come across as pretty boring.

PvP in Tera is quite exhilarating.

Warrior can be a bit more dynamic if solo  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vovf5-T83yU

Group combat is more exciting as well

PvP is quite intense thanks in large part to the active dodging and the fact that you have to aim pretty close to everything.  1v1 is different than most games because it turns into cat and mouse due to waiting, timing, dodging, etc.  Group combat in pvp is great imo because of the positional requirements combined with arcs of attacks.

Regarding GW2, GW2 has a heck of a lot more going for it than the lack of a sub fee fwiw.  I just really, really wish GW2 had a skill shot system like Tera.  I fear the tab targetting of it will be the biggest disadvantage to me.  It's quite amazing just how much the fact that ranged people have to actually aim helps melee compete and survive.  In GW2 range is king.
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 04, 2012, 12:48:42 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on May 03, 2012, 11:13:59 PM

There are more exciting videos of the combat vs a BAM (Big Ass Monster), sadly Kub's does come across as pretty boring.

Well, I've fought some nagas and he made that fight look easy, which is part of the reason it doesn't look as "exciting". But trust me, when you're in the middle of it, and one screw up could cost you half a health bar, it is plenty exciting. Berserker's are also fairly slow and ponderous by nature. Nagas, themselves, have some mobility, but I've seen other critters with far more (in terms of non-dungeon critters, ovoliths come to mind).

You know, you make a good point. After CoH, I found combat in other MMOs to be hard to stomach and Tera could easily have the same effect. Fortunately, TSW looks to have fairly active combat.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 12:53:06 AM by Misguided » Logged

vizionblind

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 07, 2012, 04:41:06 PM »

tips n' tricks

http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/general-discussion/topics/Official-Tera-tips-n-tricks-thread

compiled from: http://www.reddit.com/r/TeraOnline/comments/t9xlj/list_all_the_tips_and_tricks_you_have_discovered/

Hold down "E" to fire off pre-generated attack commands

Your inventory has an "auto sort" option. Open your inventory and look at the icon on the bottom right

You can scale down your quest tracker UI so you are able to see all 7 quests

When picking up multiple loot items: dont mash "F", just hold it down. You'll walk to and pick up each item

Shift + arrow keys pans your camera so your toon isn't in the middle of the field of view. In general I leave it centered, but there are some times where it's handy to be left- or right-shifted.

Fall damage will not kill you; jump off of any height drop offs with no problem

You can kite most BAMs without too much trouble and break combat to drop camp fires or use bandages, useful for soloing (the BAM will not reset as long as you do not run away too far)

When you have aggro on a BAM you will have a red circle effect underneath your character; purple indicates that the BAM is casting something at you

Places with merchants will have both a crystal vendor and a specialty vendor; higher quality/more expensive crystals are available at the latter, though there may be some discrepancies in available crystals (you cannot buy a higher quality in combat move speed crystal for example). The specialty store also has bandages which I would recommend stocking up on.

Move to a lesser populated channel to get more gather nodes, avoid getting killed in PvP, and in general just have an easier time doing non-PvP things

Change your chain skills hotkey to something else in the off chance you have to jump (such as here http://puu.sh/tlFi if you happen to move into the center somehow)

Typically you will lose crystals on death, it is useful to have spares ready

Most places have a "Cleric/Noble Cleric of Restoration" near where you resurrect. Use them to instantly restore your stamina for a relatively cheap price. They show up on your map

When your cursor is up, shift-click on someone to bring them to the center of your screen and look at them. This also works on NPCs and (maybe) mobs

You can drag quests in the quest tracker to change the order of them

If you control+left click a point on the map while zoomed in you'll create a Point of Interest that your friends or party can check. It'll mark a spot on the map

If you ever run out of teleport scroll, you can use the unstuck "function" to teleport to the nearest town. Or you can be a cheap [filtered] and use it on every cool down

Use all regen crystals on PVP servers while leveling. It is funny as hell well people complain that you use pots... especially when you do not

If you are questing and are tasked to gather quest objects, such as a certain flower, you can gather the object, switch channel, and the object will be there again as long as nobody in that channel gathered the object before you

Turn on show your own cooldowns in the UI menu. You won't have to look at your skill bars ever again.

Turn on show player skill. This will show what other spells players are casting. Very useful for PvP

You can turn off Area chat under the general tab so you can actually see your guild chat message. Right click on the tab. I have my Area and LFG chat off in another window when I do need to PUG

I added guild chat the the bargain channel, renamed it to guild and moved it up next to general, for easy filtering.

If you received a horse as a preorder bonus, you can start using it at level 11. Find the item claim option in the menu. Makes the last few missions on Noob Island go a lot quicker

Also, when you get to Velika and get the mount from questing there, sell it to a vendor for 2 gold (a lot of money at level 11).

Press 'Y' to bring up the LFG tool. Almost no one uses it now, but hopefully as more players discover it, it'll become more useful. Same goes for the LFD (dungeon) tool. More players use this one, but judging by the amount of LFG messages in area chat I think it could be used more.

If you're crafting, sort mats by the 'per item' price at the broker. When you search for the item and click on the price column, I think the first time it sorts it by total purchase price high to low. Click again and it reverses. Click a third time and it sorts by the 'per item' price. That's the most important number for the smart shopper.

This sounds obvious but I've talked to more than one player that didn't realize you can rebind pretty much everything. As you progress there are more and more skills you'll need to have easy access to. Putting them all at 1 through 9 (and F1 through F9) isn't ideal.

Also seems obvious, but still missed by players: use the teleport masters in the larger cities to get where you need to go a bit faster. If you get killed, you can usually teleport back to very close to where you were.
Shift right-click to sell a specific number of items from a stack at the broker. Especially lower-end stuff, as selling huge stacks will make the total price too much for noobs to spend.

At higher levels go back an oneshot BAMs (eg basilisks) to farm 100% stamina potions

If you want to quickly get an item's name in the AH search, you can put your cursor in the text field, and then control+leftclick the item in order to paste the item name directly in there. Saves you having to type some of these horrible names.

When you die and ressurect back in town, be sure to use the cleric of restoration to restore your mana. It's only about 25s. Cheaper than potting for stamina and you can skip the wait time. Almost every pug group I've been in that have died and ressurected back in town does not use this

Gold weapons come with 3 random mods on them (the random mods have the green circles at the end of them) and are automatically identified. You can change them if you buy the 5g scroll from the merchant and re-identify it. 50+ golds drop as enigmatic and you have to identify them yourself them first time.

From my experience, use white color gear for +1 to +3, green color gear for +3 to +5, and blue/green gear to +6. I've made +6 with both but I have also failed 10+ to 6, its all luck.

Story quests give you all the gear you need. Dungeon drops are just a bonus. Next set of story armor is Lv42 gold weapon and armor set. After that you get a set of 44 blue that has better

you can "swap" your crystal under the equipment screen. The numbers 1-5 right below your armor saves the state of your equipment. I have been using it to swap out my crystals between attack and HP/MP regen. shift + 1-5 will toggle your crystal set up. just make sure you hit the save button whenever you equip a new armor/weapon.stats. And after that you get a set of 48 golds that has even better stats. My advice is: save all the gold you get and level up with story quest gear

in a group you can use page up to roll on loot, and page down to pass. Much more efficient than switching to ui mode if you don't need to check the took tip.

Leveling all 3 gathering skills to 300 gives you a free inventory slot, and dinging Lv.50 gives another free slot smile

set loot to RARE to have it roll on blue items

type /location to allow others to click the link to find you in the world.

you can also link items into chat just like you can into the AH window
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 04:36:12 PM by vizionblind » Logged
USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 07, 2012, 05:22:16 PM »

Great post Vizionblind. I must admit I will be applying most of those tips.

Semper Fidelis

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 07, 2012, 05:44:24 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on May 07, 2012, 05:22:16 PM

but always a bit behind my application of them  ninja
USMC Kato

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 07, 2012, 06:04:52 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on May 07, 2012, 05:44:24 PM

I see what you did there. I challenge you to a Tera duel, tonight!!

Semper Fidelis

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: May 07, 2012, 06:47:36 PM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on May 07, 2012, 06:04:52 PM

Quote from: Harkonis on May 07, 2012, 05:44:24 PM

I see what you did there. I challenge you to a Tera duel, tonight!!

oh I don't think you really want to do that...
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 07, 2012, 11:21:21 PM »

Bring your own!

vizionblind

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 08, 2012, 04:12:58 AM »

edited it. added more tips smile
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 08, 2012, 04:45:56 AM »

Some great tips! Love /location
I had totally forgotten about the cleric of restoration.
I don't think you mentioned it, but you can also link items into chat just like you can into the AH window.

One thing people may not realize is that enigmatic items (the ones you can enchant) have lower base stats than a non-enigmatic item. This is maybe why the 44 blues are better than the 44 gold?

My account is screwed up and not showing my free thirty days. They added time once, but now it is getting ready to expire again. Hoping I don't get blocked out, as I need to keep up with my guildes.

Victoria Raverna

Auspiciousness, prosperity, and good fortune

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 08, 2012, 06:41:56 AM »

Is there a trial version for this? With the action based combat, I don't know if it is playable with the higher ping rate between my location to the server.

vizionblind

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 11, 2012, 04:35:47 PM »

Quote from: Victoria Raverna on May 08, 2012, 06:41:56 AM

Is there a trial version for this? With the action based combat, I don't know if it is playable with the higher ping rate between my location to the server.

not yet
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 11, 2012, 04:57:46 PM »

for Kato
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 11, 2012, 06:58:55 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on May 11, 2012, 04:57:46 PM

for Kato

So...what was that supposed to mean? Is Kato having issues? I have had account-related issues, but no in-game problems whatsoever.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 11, 2012, 07:52:42 PM »

Quote from: Misguided on May 11, 2012, 06:58:55 PM

Quote from: Harkonis on May 11, 2012, 04:57:46 PM

for Kato

So...what was that supposed to mean? Is Kato having issues? I have had account-related issues, but no in-game problems whatsoever.

Kato wouldn't play the free beta, but then bought the game at release to 'try it out' so I'm giving him a hard time.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 11, 2012, 07:53:15 PM »

explaining jokes soooo kills the humor  icon_evil
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: