http://gamingtrend.com
April 17, 2014, 10:45:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone getting bored with WOW?  (Read 4770 times)
Sarkus
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: January 22, 2005, 07:25:17 AM »

After about 3 intense weeks of gaming, my interest in WOW has dropped way off.  It may be only temporariy, but this is similar to what has happened to me on other MMORPG's.  Strangely, I can't really say why I'm bored with it, just that I'm feeling like playing other games.

Anyone else?

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2005, 08:59:01 AM »

You and the hundreds of others that post similar topics.  Luckily, unlike some others, you haven't gotten angry about it.

Simply put, no one game is for everyone.  Add to that the fact that you did just have an intense 3 weeks of gaming.  Perhaps it's time to slow down and enjoy it a bit more, or just play some other games to unwind from the MMO mechanic.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2005, 09:12:34 AM »

For me it's been the opposite.  I want to keep playing more and more!
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2005, 10:46:04 AM »

Have you made another character? I found rotating helps. There are days when I log in, sit around for an hour doing nothing. I used to play every waking moment. Its a fun game, but I guess I cant just play it as much anymore.

Exploring is fun as well. Now that my main is 52 I can explore all those cool zones I used to fly over.

To be honest, I am really holding out for battlegrounds. I think pvp is quite fun, despite the balance issues. I enjoy pvp'ing with a goal in mind rather than just a big old cluster. Plus the fact that once you're dead in battlezones you stay dead until the spawn. Like was stated above, not every one likes the same game.
DCW
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2005, 08:29:40 PM »

I wish I could settle on a character... LOL I've taken two into the 30s and have another approaching the 20s. I'm kinda getting tired of running throught the same quests and areas, but the game's still a blast. I appreciate how Blizzard has done some work to make class and profession-specific quests. Some of 'em are pretty damn cool.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2005, 08:40:22 PM »

I totally burned out about two weeks ago when school was about to start. My warrior was and will probab ly continue to frutrate the shit out of me with his suckiness (this is a lvl 42 pimped to the MAX warrior btw), and I got busy with scheduling and class, and just stopped playing for like two weeks. My guild wanted me back, nice guys that they are, and so today I am diving back in. Me and one of my closest guild buddies plan on starting new hunters sometime soon, since neither of us have played them, and we should be able to level up quite fast with dual hunters...should be a nice change of pace.

Plus, I play WAAAY too much poker.
unbreakable
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2005, 09:44:48 PM »

I find that Im not playing enough.  Sleep seems to be cutting into my WoW time, as does work and school.
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2005, 10:53:55 PM »

I have had a drop off in interest myself. Not to the point of wanting to quit but to where I don't want to always play on my free time with it. I think thats just because in the end these games arn't at the top of my lists as favorites. WoW is easily the best of the lot I've played, and I like hooking up with friends to do things but I also want to still play other games. I like it enough to keep going but I'm probably playing maybe 10 hours a week now vs 20+ duing the first month or so after getting it.
Interloper

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2005, 10:54:52 PM »

My (only) character is 50, and I second what unbreakable said above me.  I cannot get enough of this game.  I'll be at work planning out the WoW events slywink

But, it's no biggie if you get bored of it.  There are plenty of other games, and if you wanna come back it will be waiting.

Semaj

View Profile
heh
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2005, 09:29:35 AM »

I'm 54 with engouh un-turned in completed quests to be 55, and I havent played for 3 or 4 days...  I really dont miss it.  When I play I enjoy it,.. but usually, like evreything else in life, a la college parties and random stupidity, that I cannot just focus on one thing..

I have work, etc. that gets in the way of just playing WoW.....   I am experiencing some burnouut in that I dont feel the need to log on 24/7 anymore.  But when I play it hard to put it down still.

I think WoW has passed form the addiction phase to a game I still enjoy playing, lots.   I cant imagine actuall paying for another mmorpg past the first month, sans maybe CoH, but it woudlnt have lasted until month 3 or 4.

I dotn ever plan on cutting the cords completely... b ut I guess after the initial enjoyment of a good mmorpg, we all want soemthign new and exciting in our lives...

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Eagerly awaiting Drakes Fortune 2...
Torfish
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2005, 03:06:26 PM »

Still loving it, nowhere near burned out.  

Though I will say, I probably haven't played as much as some of you.  I only have two characters lvl 29 and lvl 15.  Definitely not a power leveler.  

I can say there is a good chance I will be playing this for years to come.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2005, 03:10:13 PM »

I'm level 32 right now.  I've been playing for 3-4 days in a row then I take 3-4 days off.  I just got started on Stranglethorn Vale so I think I could be there awhile.
jessie
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2005, 01:14:18 AM »

i have a 43 rogue and a 30 paladin as we speak, both on the alliance side.  once i hit the cap with them, i'll go for a undead warlock.  im looking forward to battlegrounds.

http://www.grandtheftblogger.com

XBOX Live! Gamer Tag: jessthelaw
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2005, 03:54:43 AM »

Yes, I kind of hit that wall for a bit. So I camp my guy in the inn let him build up enough rest go gain a level then bench him again. I find that I enjoy the game more this way as opposed to constant grinding.

Ascendent
Butterknife
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2005, 04:10:28 PM »

Still not tired of the game yet, and I've put in over 200 hours.
Jag

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2005, 04:54:59 PM »

Wife still yelling at me: Check
WOW referred to as "that game": Check
More time spent on Thottbot than work: Check
Nothing done around the house for weeks: Check

Yep, i'm still into WOW!
TC Weidner
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2005, 06:05:30 PM »

not tired here at all.
RedJak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2005, 06:15:47 PM »

I have gotten past my physical addiction and now it is more of a mental one.  My character is getting higher and the quests are taking longer so it is slowing me down.  I did hit a speed bump when I was getting my Dragon Scale Leatherworking and killed countless whelps for scales.  That was no fun.  

But I am still having a good time and am playing with a group tonight and that is like playing a whole different game than soloing.
olaf

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2005, 03:09:25 PM »

Not bored at all.  Playing a Warrior again too, after having played one to 60 in beta.  This time I am Horde though.  Basically working on BRS/Strat/Scholo.  All are much more difficult in retail than they were in beta thanks to the taunt changes.

olaf
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2005, 03:59:31 PM »

I recently decided to retire my warrior until the next patch at 42. Olaf, i pity you man. I know youhave experience from CB (and my CB warrior was not 60), but still, there is no way I can play the class right now and enjoy it in it s current, completely broken form (At least compared to they way it was in CB).

So I am faced with dragging out my 42 mage (a class which I also beleive has been nerfed into complete oblivion oustide of a few specific uses-note the decline of mages as a ratio of players from beta to now), or working on my lowbie, low 20s rogue or starting a new character.

I like the game and I absolutely love the camaraderie and friendship and the guys in my guild, but I am faced with wanting to enjoy it more than I actually am right now.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2005, 04:30:28 PM »

This game should be illegal, I just can't stop playing.
Booner

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2005, 04:46:00 PM »

Played through closed beta and then retail, became kind of dissatisfied with the guild I was was with and stopped for a few weeks. Then 3 personal friends picked it up two weeks ago and we've been going at it and having a blast.

Good company makes a big difference.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2005, 08:01:52 PM »

Quote from: "Booner"

Good company makes a big difference.

Is this ever a true statement.

Since finding an almost exclusively adult guild, my play time has actually increased from a more casual play-whenever attitude.  Has made all the difference in the world.  Two characters at 24th level and picking up steam.

LD

LD

"A young woman led them across the galaxy, and it is she who will lead them again.  Her name is Karan S'jet."
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2005, 11:14:58 PM »

I'm still very much enjoying WoW.  If you're someone that likes trying out and playing alts (myself included), I'd recommend not churning through the exact same quests and zones as your first character.  The nice thing about WoW from lvls 1-30 (after getting 2 horde characers to 30+) is that your adventuring and leveling experiences can be very different with each character if you focus on different areas, quests and zones.  

I could see where someone would get burned out if they did the same barrens, xroads, 1k needles quests 2-3 times with alts.  Move your new alt to silverpine and level up there.  Some areas I just don't like adventuring in, like Desolace, so I'll go to Stranglethorn Vale instead.  It's nice having options like that at those levels.
Warfran
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2005, 03:30:03 PM »

Quote from: "Jag"

Yep, i'm still into WOW!

Scary,you just described my homelife to a tee,LOL.
Butterknife
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2005, 03:51:26 PM »

Quote from: "Warfran"
Quote from: "Jag"

Yep, i'm still into WOW!

Scary,you just described my homelife to a tee,LOL.

Maybe it's because you are calling in sick on a Wednesday, and then playing WoW all day long instead!  Shameful.  I wish I'd done it today, too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: