http://gamingtrend.com
October 26, 2014, 04:42:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any remaining interest in Splinter Cell: Double Agent?  (Read 1342 times)
PeteRock
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« on: November 28, 2006, 11:25:03 PM »

A few of us over at OO (myself, Jancelot, and hepcat) are still enjoying the multiplayer portion of Double Agent, and I thought I'd gauge the interest over here as well, hoping to perhaps occasionally gather enough players to fill out a game of three-on-three.  We really enjoy the change of pace and the focus on stealth and agility rather than the usual run-and-gun gameplay of most multiplayer games.  I recall a thread from about a month ago where a few were looking for a third player to fill out a team of spies, and I was interested in being that third spy until I read on and found that by the end of that thread interest had waned and some had even traded in their copy of the game (otherwise I would have resurrected that thread), and I also noticed a thread by Knightshade but saw that it was created back in October.   

Am I wasting my time, or are there a few remaining loyalists intersted in some multiplayer action from time to time?  With myself, Jancelot, hepcat, and another friend of mine (Rvyota3), it would only take two more players to fill out a match (that is of course assuming we're all online simultaneously).  If anyone is at all interested, make yourself known and perhaps we can organize a multiplayer session from time to time.   
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 11:28:55 PM by PeteRock » Logged

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 03:09:18 AM »

I'd like to, but its hard this time of year.  If you drop a list of folks over here that are still playing I'll add em to my friends list and hit you up when I can. smile

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 04:13:09 AM »

Not here I'm afraid.  Got bored with the multiplayer very quickly, and after finishing the SP I traded it in.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 06:24:47 AM »

Quote from: Jarrodhk on November 29, 2006, 04:13:09 AM

Not here I'm afraid.  Got bored with the multiplayer very quickly, and after finishing the SP I traded it in.
Same thing except I got bored of the SP haflway through frown A game with more frustration than anything else thanks to Ubi Shanghai.
DonD

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 01:28:48 PM »

I still have yet to get this game.

With so much recent gaming goodness, something had to get pushed to the back burner, and this was it.

XBox Live: DonDesio
PSN: DonD_GT
pingwrx

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 04:01:19 PM »

I'm not good but I still have the game.

XBL gamertag: pingwrx
PS3-PS4 pingwrx
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2006, 04:12:59 PM »

Well, it seems interest has dropped even more than I had initially anticipated.  Well, for those who still have the game or are interested in the occasional multiplayer match, feel free to add PhillyPeteRock to your Friends list.  hepcat1 and I play on occasion, and Jancelot has been looking to play again as well.  I am almost always behind the curve in terms of playing games when they are first popular, and by the time I get around to playing multiplayer I'm too late.

shaggydoug
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2006, 07:40:14 PM »

Pete,  I have the game but haven't done multiplayer on it yet.  I'd be interested one night as a break from Gears.  I've never played any (meaning no previous incarnation either) of the Splinter Cell MP games though.   I'm sure I would just be more fodder.

- shaggy

PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2006, 08:19:35 PM »

Quote from: shaggydoug on December 02, 2006, 07:40:14 PM

Pete,  I have the game but haven't done multiplayer on it yet.  I'd be interested one night as a break from Gears.  I've never played any (meaning no previous incarnation either) of the Splinter Cell MP games though.   I'm sure I would just be more fodder.

- shaggy

Well, we'd be playing on the same team, so at least you wouldn't be my fodder.   icon_wink

As with anything, there's a learning curve to adjusting to online multiplayer play.  My friend Jeff (Snrub1) joined us last night later in the evening and even though he finished the game and did rather well playing though the campaign, multiplayer is a whole other animal, with human unpredictability, varrying levels of skill and accuracy, and a level of tension and competition that just can't be replicated by playing against the computer.

Give the single-player portion of Splinter Cell a try, and then watch the videos in the multiplayer portion of the game to learn the subtle differences in controls and gameplay from the single-player campaign.  There are a few multiplayer training levels of sorts that you can play alone to get better aquainted with multiplayer, and perhaps one night we'll be able to organize a game.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: