http://gamingtrend.com
October 20, 2014, 04:21:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Age of Conan Impressions  (Read 37516 times)
Harkonis
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 30, 2008, 11:01:50 AM »

Quote from: Destructor on May 30, 2008, 04:06:42 AM

Quote from: Godzilla Blitz on May 30, 2008, 04:00:36 AM

What does a Totem of the Origins do?

Is is some sort of unique scratch off code in the magazine?

I thought the Totem was a town portal type of spell, usable once every hour or so. But you get one with every character you create for free anyway (Path of Asura), so I'm not quite sure why that's a giveaway item like that.

And yes, it's a unique code that's printed in every magazine. I think you enter it into your account just you entered in your CD key, and then you can /claim it on one character.

It lets you warp to your home town once every 24 hours.  The reason it's a big deal is it lets you cross the entire map for no time investment once a day.  Most people once they get levelling will set their warp point out to where they are levelling up so they can get there quickly.  Sometimes you still need to get back to 'civilization' and it can take 30 minutes to an hour to do it.  This lets you just warp to town, then use your normal warp back to xp.  Worth having for as little as the mag costs for me.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 01, 2008, 02:32:20 PM »

I really wish they would make the Wayfarers (in most zones -- I can't seem to find one in the Connall Valley -- there's a Wayfarer character you click on to bind your innate recall ability) more visible/distinct on the map. They're a teeny, tiny grey BB-size marker that's very easy to miss unless you zoom the map closely.

So perhaps my character just sucks but I've gradually found I've had a lot more fun when tackling mobs 2-4 levels below me. That way I can really tackle large mobs, have more fatalities, and get away from the typical MMO feeling of "ah! More than one bad guy! Run away!" And the combat exp is OK, while the quest exp is still fine in those situations. Just my Conqueror experience to this point, and probably I haven't been distributing points in a very smart fashion. I still think I probably should've gone with a Guardian, though I really do enjoy having 2-hand sword specific abilities/skills. I'm trying to build up some feats that improve defensive stance and resistances, and perhaps I'll be able to tackle even strength stuff better soon (approaching L35).
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 02:33:52 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 02, 2008, 09:14:58 AM »

I figured this would be of interest to you guys, especially us Euro guys who dont get any updates from devs(sigh).

taken from US boards

We know right now people are feeling like all armor in Age of Conan is the same and brown. I assure you this is not the case, for along time now we have had a "GM area" where we spawned lots of NPC's that had all sorts of armor appearances so we could tell when art was completed. We have one of these for armor, weapons, and social clothing. Hundreds upon hundreds of appearances.

Anyway to cut to the chase I took your guys concerns and shot an email to Ole Herbjornsen our Lead Designer to ask about Itemization. Ole came back with some very encouraging news. They are going to put blue loot on bosses in the outdoor playfields now and not only on bosses in instances. In addition 3 sets of epic armours for each class (for a total of 36) will allow the item designers to move more of the unique stuff down to lower tiers and over from purple and blue towards green.

The gfx artists will also produce a lot of extra weapons which will further increase the visual variety. He expects these things to be coming into the game within the next week or two.

A new one
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 02, 2008, 11:40:36 AM »

oh - this is priceless!

apearently, through a bug, this guy was able to "equip" a potion :-D

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=55510

A new one
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #204 on: June 02, 2008, 12:00:00 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on June 02, 2008, 11:40:36 AM

oh - this is priceless!

eek

LOL

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Debris
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 02, 2008, 12:34:35 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on June 02, 2008, 11:40:36 AM

oh - this is priceless!

OMG!  That's freakin hilarious.
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 02, 2008, 12:35:56 PM »

hahahah, ooooo, hahahah..........Picture of the month for sure.

Grace: Unmerited favor.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 02, 2008, 06:14:50 PM »

That was awesome, priceless!!

I can't beat that Potionhead dude, but while I've got photobucket open, thought I'd share one of my (recent) favorite screenies from the Frost Swamp.  I love the water ripple effect, as well as the disgusting impale-age:

morlac

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 02, 2008, 09:13:21 PM »

The horse too?  Those bastards!

morlac00 on PSN
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 03, 2008, 04:09:57 AM »

I was teetering toward getting this tomorrow, but the middle pages of this thread seem to have folks getting disillusioned with it.    Is this thing worth getting?   Harkonis, what is your opinion?   Anyone else?

Should I pass?   Should I try Tabitha Rosa instead (sp!?).   Should I just wait for warhammer?   or should I jump in?

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: June 03, 2008, 06:07:08 AM »

Get the game! If you like MMO's, if you like the setting of Conan, you cant go wrong.

I've easily already gotten my 40 bucks worth of gaming time, Tortage alone is more or less worth that (Starting area) if you take your time. Such a great story there!

There's a lot of troubles, but what MMO game doesnt have that? If you'r into PvP I dont know, seemingly there's some trouble there, but, the Pve content works! and hey, it will only get better ;-)

A new one
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 03, 2008, 06:15:59 AM »

now THIS is freaking hilarious!!!

Greetings,

Funcom can confirm that some of the female models in the game have had the size of their breasts changed . This is due to an unintended change in data that was introduced in an earlier patch, data which controls the so-called morph values associated with character models and the size of their respective body parts. We are working on a fix for this and your breasts should be back to normal soon. The plastic surgeons of Hyboria apologize for the inconvenience.

Funcom Development Team

I love Funcom!  eek  icon_biggrin

A new one
godhugh

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 03, 2008, 10:26:21 AM »

Quote from: Razgon on June 03, 2008, 06:07:08 AM

Get the game! If you like MMO's, if you like the setting of Conan, you cant go wrong.

I've easily already gotten my 40 bucks worth of gaming time, Tortage alone is more or less worth that (Starting area) if you take your time. Such a great story there!

There's a lot of troubles, but what MMO game doesnt have that? If you'r into PvP I dont know, seemingly there's some trouble there, but, the Pve content works! and hey, it will only get better ;-)

Agreed. I've put in 12 hours so far and I haven't even left Tortage with my first character yet. It really is a very fun game, I haven't had this much fun with a new MMO since City of Heroes.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 03, 2008, 11:37:15 AM »

Well....  I finally ended up getting it.  Along with my brother, and two of my really good gamer friends. 

I made a Priest of Mitra right off the bat, like I said I probably would.  Got him to 11th level doing the Night Quests until I decided to check out the regular MMO part of the game.  That was my first exposure to all the melee type classes.   icon_eek

Now granted, spell effects are really cool, and I would imagine solo'ing with a Priest type is extremely efficient, but once I saw that melee combat, I have my Priest collecting seashells on the seashore.

I proceeded to make a Ranger (CK made him sound cool) and a Barbarian.  The Ranger is now 14th and the Barbarian is 8th.  I can't imagine the game getting any more fun than it is with a Ranger (crossbow - thank you very much), but I am somewhat intrigued by the challenge factor of playing a Barbarian, who is a melee combatant limited to cloth armor...  (Just the thought of that makes me wince)

I had a friend visiting from Flagstaff yesterday, and I let him play for awhile.  I watched him take a Guardian from start to level 16.  That is one awesome class from where I'm sitting.  It's too bad I'm not a "tank" type person, cause he was an absolute machine. 

Overall impressions of the game are extremely positive.  It's funny how much easier it is too overlook all the little niggles and bugs when you are having an absolute blast, isn't it?  I will say I am very happy that Funcom has good initial subscription numbers, as I hope that translates into many tweaks, fixes, and more content.  Cause as of right now, I think I agree with Godhugh.  Not since City of Heroes have I enjoyed my initial foray into the MMO world.

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 03, 2008, 11:53:52 AM »

hmm, only really bad thing about the game, is that, at least here in DK, the game is pretty much sold out everywhere!

but great to hear others who think the game is great - the official forums are..well, daunting, to read, and doesnt really give you a good view of how the game is.

A new one
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #215 on: June 03, 2008, 12:31:57 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on June 03, 2008, 06:15:59 AM

now THIS is freaking hilarious!!!

Greetings,

Funcom can confirm that some of the female models in the game have had the size of their breasts changed . This is due to an unintended change in data that was introduced in an earlier patch, data which controls the so-called morph values associated with character models and the size of their respective body parts. We are working on a fix for this and your breasts should be back to normal soon. The plastic surgeons of Hyboria apologize for the inconvenience.

Funcom Development Team

I love Funcom!  eek  icon_biggrin

Patch notes you'll NEVER see in another game, much less a MMO. biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 03, 2008, 01:07:38 PM »

I haven't had as much time to play as I'd like, so still focusing on my conqueror (nearing 36). I think I'd be happier with a Guardian, but we'll see.

One thing I like so far in terms of the game world is the variety of zones. If I get tired of an area, there are always others to visit and other quests to work on. And even when quests fade to "green" on your tracker, the exp is still pretty solid and worth pursuing.

If I miss Tortage, it's because that central hub design there (where north seems to far away) is something you come to appreciate later on when the zones get monstrous and spread out. In later areas, if you aren't bound to where you want to go (or the PC Gamer totem won't get you near it), the travel distances can be a bit tedious at times, esp. if you don't have much time to play. Of course I'm hoping a mount at 40 will remedy that.  icon_smile

And about the L30 destiny quest stuff (marked spoiler, though I don't think my thoughts really are):
Spoiler for Hiden:
I was a wee bit disappointed that the L30+ Destiny quest set is so short (and the next one isn't until L50). I don't think I'm spoiling anything to mention that. I was hoping it would be as lengthy as the 1-20 Destiny stuff (night time), but instead it's "slam, bam, thank you m'aam" icon_razz
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 01:09:45 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 03, 2008, 03:43:00 PM »

Ah, don't build the level 50 destiny quest up in your mind...it's not much different than level 30...

I'm up to level 52 on my demonologist now.  Great class for PvE, sucks balls in PvP past about level 28-30....until they complete their promised revamp at least...i'm still playing it up, but I have a conquerer i'm working on now too who is level 25.

I'll probably end up building up a ranger if i get the demo to level 80 and they aren't fixed yet.  Right now PvP balance is just utterly pucked...and yesterdays patch introduced a whole new level of bugginess to pvp as well...sigh..

That said, i very much enjoy the game when questing and grouping....except when dying to pvp bugs...

I have to recommend getting this game if you're still on the edge about it.  It's got the best combat of any MMO by far, I believe..great animations, great character models.  And, it will probably start being fairly polished and filled out in about 4 months i'd estimate...  Like all new MMOs...it's still in post launch bugfix and rebalance stage and missing some end game content...heh.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 03:45:21 PM by Fuzzballx » Logged
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 03, 2008, 04:03:35 PM »

Jeebus, the game was buggy last night.  My guy kept shrinking and growing in size (I believe that's supposed to be due to buffs wearing off/taking affect), buffs kept appearing and disappearing, and my health and mana bars wouldn't fill up completely.  Plus, I do believe that buffs weren't actually working correctly as my Dark Templar was getting slaughtered by just about anything he came across. 

Hope it's working right tonight!   icon_cry

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Silky
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 03, 2008, 04:07:53 PM »

I will go ahead and throw my impressions into the ring.  I leveled up a Tempest of Set, Priest of Mitra, Necromancer, Demonologist, and Dark Templar to 20.  I think I will try a Guardian and Ranger next.  I am trying to find the class I want to play the game out with.  So far it is Priest of Mitra by a decent margin over the Tempest of Set.  The others weren't so hot for me.  I have gotten my $50 worth and I have played 90% single player so far.  I am enjoying the game a great deal and if you think the concept would interest you I recommend you try it out.  My biggest gripe so far is the lack of voice acting after leaving Tortage.  I know that would have been a huge challenge and expense to fully flesh out but I got used to it in the beginning and it sucks that it is now gone.
Silky
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 03, 2008, 04:09:28 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on June 03, 2008, 04:03:35 PM

Jeebus, the game was buggy last night.  My guy kept shrinking and growing in size (I believe that's supposed to be due to buffs wearing off/taking affect), buffs kept appearing and disappearing, and my health and mana bars wouldn't fill up completely.  Plus, I do believe that buffs weren't actually working correctly as my Dark Templar was getting slaughtered by just about anything he came across. 

Hope it's working right tonight!   icon_cry
Yeah I had the same problems after the patch.  My health buff wasn't working right and it seemed every time I got a fatality kill I would grow for a bit.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 03, 2008, 04:12:17 PM »

Quote from: Silky on June 03, 2008, 04:07:53 PM

I will go ahead and throw my impressions into the ring.  I leveled up a Tempest of Set, Priest of Mitra, Necromancer, Demonologist, and Dark Templar to 20. 

icon_lol  Rittchard and some of the others in the Wanderers were picking on me for having "Alt Fever".  Glad to see I'm not the only one with more than 2 characters in AoC!

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #222 on: June 03, 2008, 06:20:18 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on June 03, 2008, 04:12:17 PM

I will go ahead and throw my impressions into the ring.  I leveled up a Tempest of Set, Priest of Mitra, Necromancer, Demonologist, and Dark Templar to 20. 

icon_lol  Rittchard and some of the others in the Wanderers were picking on me for having "Alt Fever".  Glad to see I'm not the only one with more than 2 characters in AoC!

I have 3 each of soldier and rogue archetypes, though only 1 char over 20. I keep looking to see if there is a priest or mage I want, but it's just not my thing. I'll save those slots for a few years down the road when they add more classes of my preferred archetypes. slywink

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 03, 2008, 08:41:19 PM »

Hey don't get me wrong, I love alts!  I was the originator (I think) of Alt Night (TM) way back when...  I just wish I had more time to do everything  headbang3
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 03, 2008, 09:26:28 PM »

My biggest gripe so far is the lack of voice acting after leaving Tortage.  I know that would have been a huge challenge and expense to fully flesh out but I got used to it in the beginning and it sucks that it is now gone.
I agree. I hope it was just a 2-DVD limitation and that they find some way to gradually add voices back to the NPC contacts later on.

fwiw, the Destiny Quests *do* still have audio voices for the NPCs you work with, which is nice though as I mentioned in another post, the L30 destiny quest is *poof* and it's over, relatively speaking.  icon_razz

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
godhugh

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: June 03, 2008, 11:11:17 PM »

BTW, Barbarians do get to wear light armor (thank goodness).
Rowdy

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 04, 2008, 08:43:20 PM »

I'm a little disappointed with the flavour of the world.  I have to agree with some of the official forum folks that it feels like they're really toning down the sex and grittiness that is such an integral part of the world in the Conan books.  Just because you've got various fatalities in your animations doesn't mean you're just like Conan...

I'm still playing but gradually getting disillusioned.  The world feels generic and tame to me.  Sure, it's grittier than WoW, but it doesn't feel like the world of Conan that I envision.
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 04, 2008, 09:29:21 PM »

Do you really want to have pixelated sex?  I thought the being a pimp mission for The Bearded Clam  in the starting city was downright gritty.

morlac00 on PSN
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 09, 2008, 09:41:44 PM »

Elucidate and speak to us about this "sex and grittiness" you espouse. Seriously, I haven't read the books at all, so I'm just curious. Then we could probably tell you whether that could be done in the context of an M-rated (not AO-rated, which like the movies' NC-17 rating, is basically useless) game.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
StriderGG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 10, 2008, 05:24:58 AM »

This is one of the most violent and generally "dark" games I've played. Often it's not "in your face" stuff like fatalilties. A tree with a bunch of people hanging and a flock of crows flying around. A river of blood in Sanctum. Stuff like that really does make the game feel dark for me.

Not sure what you expected about sex, I certainly don't want to see NPCs going at it. But I do feel the armor could be "sluttier".

I definitely don't see this world as generic, I think it has a lot of Conan flavor and uniqueness to it. It has the most impressive architecture of any game, for instance. Sanctum is probably one of the most impressive instances I have ever seen in an MMO.

I am lvl 45 at the moment and so far the game was excellent (with a few quirks/bugs here and there). I hear complaints about lack of quests at higher levels and I know the end game is not there yet, so everything will depend on how fast Funcom can fix that.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 05:26:44 AM by StriderGG » Logged
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: June 10, 2008, 02:05:37 PM »

Quote from: StriderGG on June 10, 2008, 05:24:58 AM

Not sure what you expected about sex, I certainly don't want to see NPCs going at it. But I do feel the armor could be "sluttier".

That's a first - somebody complaining that the armor in Conan isn't 'slutty' enough (especially considering how most MMOs love putting your character into near-nakedness for whatever reason). I would've expected Conan to be the worst 'offender' in this category for obvious reasons.

StriderGG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 10, 2008, 02:32:41 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on June 10, 2008, 02:05:37 PM

That's a first - somebody complaining that the armor in Conan isn't 'slutty' enough (especially considering how most MMOs love putting your character into near-nakedness for whatever reason). I would've expected Conan to be the worst 'offender' in this category for obvious reasons.

Hehe, I expected that too, but so far majority of armor in Conan is pretty bulky and ugly. Which is, I guess, realistic, but no fun. Funcom said they already have more visually appealing armor/weapon pieces in testing, I hope they release it sooner than later.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 10, 2008, 03:38:27 PM »

Quote from: StriderGG on June 10, 2008, 02:32:41 PM

Quote from: Destructor on June 10, 2008, 02:05:37 PM

Hehe, I expected that too, but so far majority of armor in Conan is pretty bulky and ugly. Which is, I guess, realistic, but no fun. Funcom said they already have more visually appealing armor/weapon pieces in testing, I hope they release it sooner than later.

yeah, all the sexy armor I can find for my ranger is cloth, which is a big step down from medium armor, which is all bulky.  where are my leather studded bikinis????

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Fuzzballx

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 10, 2008, 11:47:38 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on June 01, 2008, 02:32:20 PM

I really wish they would make the Wayfarers (in most zones -- I can't seem to find one in the Connall Valley -- there's a Wayfarer character you click on to bind your innate recall ability) more visible/distinct on the map. They're a teeny, tiny grey BB-size marker that's very easy to miss unless you zoom the map closely.

So perhaps my character just sucks but I've gradually found I've had a lot more fun when tackling mobs 2-4 levels below me. That way I can really tackle large mobs, have more fatalities, and get away from the typical MMO feeling of "ah! More than one bad guy! Run away!" And the combat exp is OK, while the quest exp is still fine in those situations. Just my Conqueror experience to this point, and probably I haven't been distributing points in a very smart fashion. I still think I probably should've gone with a Guardian, though I really do enjoy having 2-hand sword specific abilities/skills. I'm trying to build up some feats that improve defensive stance and resistances, and perhaps I'll be able to tackle even strength stuff better soon (approaching L35).

There's a few good topics on the conquerer forum about conq. builds.  Mine is only level 28, but i havn't had any issues taking on multiple mobs +2 to +3 levels yet.  5 points in the tier 1 general tree is an early must.  Points in improved defense stance is really good.  Should always be fighting in defense stance.  lumbering Hulk and then improved lumbering hulk is very useful in the brute tree.  Havn't made it past that point yet but i'm having a different experience than you are and i'm told the female combat animations have problems causing a sizable reduction in dps and mine is a female avatar..so should definitely be able to work it up to better than your doing now.

Remember to use the combo's at appropriate times to get the benefits of their bonuses.  Such as the +5 shield bonus from guard of dancing steel 1, I think it's called.  Also the one that applies debuff to the mob and causes it to take a little more damage. 

Also turn off "auto facing target" that way you can much more easily set your multiple mob pull up so you're damaging all of them, or at least most of them, with each swing, that makes a HUGE difference.
crumsteel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 11, 2008, 12:04:22 AM »

Just reading this thread and others makes me jealous. I bought the game, got to play it for one day then life decided to get in the way. Hopefully soon life will step aside.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 11, 2008, 03:13:28 PM »

I'm at 41 now, although I handle groups better than I have, I still tend to drop like a load of bricks in some situations. I am more often fighting even to +2 enemies now. The health potions are just so much less effective (even L30s, and the L40 potions just cost too much for my tastes) than I'm used to.

There are some feats i'm finally putting some points into that might help me, but some of the feat requirements stump me. It'll say "you need 10 points in this tree", and clearly I have 12 points in the tree, but the feat still isn't available  icon_confused . I'm thinking maybe it means 10 points in the horizontal line of feats above it or something.

Really I need to re-do the feats but doing so costs a fortune, and I'm trying to save up for mounts and riding (though I see no reasonable way I can ever afford either [at my current income rate] unless my guild gives me a mega-loan  Tongue)

Noble it turns out has tons of quests, and most are not far away (it's like Tortage in some respects that way). But for my tastes way too many have you basically battling with 5, sometimes 10 other players for the same quest. In a perfect world we'd all team up and do them but I don't see much of that happening. Or, I start battling some NPC I need for a quest, another player attacks him, and it "padlocks" onto the other player instead of me. I really don't understand how that works, and it's annoying. This leads to a lot of camping, and people just sitting down waiting for the quest-boss or quest-mob to spawn.

Some of the quests are fun and a little different at this stage (including a funny "insults" quest and a murder mystery - these were ballyhooed by Funcom sometimes in pre-release interviews), although I'd like a warning maybe that "Hey Conan wannabe, write down what the NPC's saying or you won't be able to figure this out later."  icon_razz

Technically, the one trouble I run into in Noble is some of the village-building instances. Something about them (maybe the various glowing flame effects from torches and candles?) completely drags my frame rate down to nearly nothing (from a steady 30-ish FPS to about 4-5) and it's nearly unplayable in those instances (I've tried turning down just about everything and it's still like molasses in there).
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 03:17:58 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
StriderGG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 11, 2008, 04:16:34 PM »

Technically, the one trouble I run into in Noble is some of the village-building instances. Something about them (maybe the various glowing flame effects from torches and candles?) completely drags my frame rate down to nearly nothing (from a steady 30-ish FPS to about 4-5) and it's nearly unplayable in those instances (I've tried turning down just about everything and it's still like molasses in there).

Yep, I had the same issue a few days ago, was able to finish everything though.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #237 on: June 11, 2008, 05:33:07 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on June 11, 2008, 03:13:28 PM

There are some feats i'm finally putting some points into that might help me, but some of the feat requirements stump me. It'll say "you need 10 points in this tree", and clearly I have 12 points in the tree, but the feat still isn't available  icon_confused . I'm thinking maybe it means 10 points in the horizontal line of feats above it or something.

There's both a character level and a 'number of feats in this tree' requirements for feats. Plus, if you see a red line of sort, you need to max out the feat before it in the tree before you can get the one connected to it.

And how much does it cost for a feat respec anyway? I used one (and paid up the ass for it), and then immediately screwed up the placement of my points. Even though I had the money to do so, I couldn't buy the respec again. Does it go up the second time or something?

YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 11, 2008, 05:54:29 PM »

Yeah, it goes up almost exponentially every time you do a respec. So first time is nothing, second time hurts a little, third time you have to mortgage your house.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 18, 2008, 02:14:18 PM »

I finally purchased the riding skill yesterday (it seems to be an innate skill you learn by just clicking a book you buy). I still have a pretty long road to buying a mount (I didn't pre-order), but I do seem to be racking up money noticeably faster in the late 40s and I'm trying to make runs to vendors to sell, more often.

I've toyed with trying to see if there are any AoC pre-order boxes still laying around somewhere (Best Buy around here is pretty bad about clearing out old inventory -- I think they stilll have Gods & Heroes, and Auto Assault pre-order boxes on the shelves  Roll Eyes). Even if the Mammoth and Rhino mounts aren't really all that and a bag of chips, I'd like to try them.

I finally saw someone actually battling from their mount the other day (a mammoth). You can't use combos, I'd read, and the mount attacks looked so-so, but it was still fun to watch. Seeing people actually climb on/off the mounts (in most games, you just magically appear on the mount, or it vanishes) seems like nothing, but it really adds a nice little touch imho, esp. when you see riderless mounts waiting for their owners.  icon_smile
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 02:17:37 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: